• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
5 each, but they're really cheap I'm store and basically pays for themselves.
10 each, since we get 5 of each from quest rewards and 5 of each from login rewards. Then there's a good chance that you'll get more as drops, and the store molds only cost 10 chocolate each.

So yeah, use the molds. A guy on Reddit did the math, and you'd have to spend 54 gold apples on the event (running 40 AP nodes) to use the free molds and the molds from the shop.
Hmm ok. I guess now is the time to use the molds for the classes I won't be able to run that well on the hardest difficulty (aka Assassin). Gives me a chance to pick up the CEs as I'll need them for the final node.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Also if your priorities is getting the CEs one mold on the current node = close to 2 CEs on an optimised team so yeah, your not going to run out soon.
Almost 800 coins in a single run? What definition of "optimized" are we using here?
edit: Ah, you meant the Valentine gift CEs... never mind then. Ambiguous wording.

Last edited:

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about molds and efficiency had me confused but I just realized not everyone has last year's CE's and a glut of berserkers. I'm already getting +10-13 on every chocolate without any molds.

Double Waver is the ultimate cheat code for event farming, glad I finally got my own in the GSSR.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Hans goes from blushing cutely to giving us some random shit he bought online that he didn't want.

Also hints at CCC event.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
So I spent all of my tickets like I said earlier, got spooked by Orion. Uh... a new SSR yeah, but obviously not the one I wanted. Rate up is a lie and all that.

Oh well, I guess I can't join the Sith for now, maybe next time.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about molds and efficiency had me confused but I just realized not everyone has last year's CE's and a glut of berserkers. I'm already getting +10-13 on every chocolate without any molds.

Double Waver is the ultimate cheat code for event farming, glad I finally got my own in the GSSR.
Yeah I don't have a strong enough zerker line up to be able to run the nodes efficiently without molds. Vlad, Kiyo, and Spartacus are all I have leveled right now. I can 3-4 turn a couple of final nodes (on paper anyways) so I want to save the molds that allow me to do that, but I also need to MLB both CEs to do that, which is why I was thinking about efficiency. That and irl time ofc.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say a berserker lineup is efficient lol.

Also you would get not enough chocolate. I'm getting like +21 of a specific class while you'd only get + chocolate for berserkers, and you might gets waves where you don't even have berserkers.

Also seriously, the molds allow you to fight against classes that are weak to your servants. For example. I'm using an all rider lineup for fighting against caster molded waves. You're essentially negating the actual advantage of having berserkers lol.

So berserkers without molds are definitely very very inefficient. It's strictly if you just want to press red buttons.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you running Berserker teams until then? And what do you plan to run when the good node arrives? Time gated random enemy nodes are more obnoxious then usual time gated nodes I swear.
Cu Alter + Musashi or Ozy depending on if it's Knight or Cavalry + Support Waver/Merlin

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

Also you would get not enough chocolate. I'm getting like +21 of a specific class while you'd only get + chocolate for berserkers, and you might gets waves where you don't even have berserkers.

Also seriously, the molds allow you to fight against classes that are weak to your servants. For example. I'm using an all rider lineup for fighting against caster molded waves. You're essentially negating the actual advantage of having berserkers lol.

So berserkers without molds are definitely very very inefficient. It's strictly if you just want to press red buttons.
If you're referring to my post (which tbh I'm not even sure you are) I was talking about turn/button efficiency, not drop/ap efficiency. I'm here to press the NPs and win lol. If I could 3 turn it with +13 all I would. I have 170 apples lol.

I do find it interesting that a lot of players focus on ap efficiency but also want to use Skadi farming tactics next year, even though you have to use MLB k scope to run that comp.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm fair enough then. Though I saw this table the other day at BL and it seems you don't really need MLB Kscopes. It makes sense. You only really need to be able to get a refund of 50%+ on turn 2 and 3 to get Skadi to top up during those turns. Plenty of ways to get 100% starting NP without resorting to MLB kscopes.

Honestly just glad to have NP2 berserkalot.

image0.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
OMG Ibaraki's scene is so cute and adorable and funny and omg I'm just dying right now.

She's just the best.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks to all the rolling I did last year for Tamamo and this year for MHXA, I can run a bonus of +29 O_O. Hopefully 3x class advantage is good enough for even the hardest nodes.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
+29 per coin? What the hell is your support lol. I assume thats with a friend considering you can't get over 6 with the CEs.

E.g Using Archer coins for example

TamaLancer with this years 5* gacha CE(+5))
KiyoLancer with this years 5* gacha CE (+5)
Support Lancer with this years 5*gacha CE (+5) OR Support Archer with Last years 5* gacha CE (+5)
Arash with last years 5* gacha CE (+5)
Robin with last years gacha 5* gacha CE (+5)
Euryale with last years gacha 4* MLB CE (+4)

Yup its super silly

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017

The store CE's add +2/+3 to all coins not just who you equip them to. And I don't really have anything else but those.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, one of the real issues with event types like these is that you're at a real handicap if you don't have a lot of the event gacha CEs.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
You don't miss out on anything by skipping the event. One of the worst shops. No story. Reruns like this are just so boring/bad when the game is just running on a two year old JP schedule.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You don't miss out on anything by skipping the event. One of the worst shops. No story. Reruns like this are just so boring/bad when the game is just running on a two year old JP schedule.

The shop has Lanugo, Gallstones and Knights Medals. Those are annoying to farm. How is that a bad shop? Also 30 fangs is nice.

Oct 25, 2017

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The event is annoying to farm and the prices are fairly high so not the biggest improvement. Like all things it will vary from person to person but I don't need any of these.

People always say that. "I don't need any of these" yeah you do. Maybe not now but eventually you will. Unless you just burn every servant you get that you haven't planned for.

Anyways you can exchange coins 1 to 1 for baking chocolate so it makes it a lot easier.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Gallstones are pretty hard to get so it's always nice to have those in the shop. Also dragon fangs.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also it's better to save your moulds for Royal since the different classes actually drop different mats.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Also it's better to save your moulds for Royal since the different classes actually drop different mats.
I mean if you have a +10 or higher bonus on the class mold you're running it pays for itself on just one coin drop since the coin->currency bonus is 1:1.

I'm blowing molds since I can just break even on them with 1 run but not apples until the best farming node comes out though, obviously.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if you have a +10 or higher bonus on the class mold you're running it pays for itself on just one coin drop since the coin->currency bonus is 1:1.

I'm blowing molds since I can just break even on them with 1 run but not apples until the best farming node comes out though, obviously.
That and runs drop molds as well, so unless you're throwing all your apples at this, I doubt you'll run out.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
There's only enough natural AP left to do like 8-9 runs of the current 40AP quests until the best ones are available anyway.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I can join the club now. I've been super lucky lately, of my past 10 single rolls, like 3 of them were SR (Astolfo NP2, Marie, Emiya Assassin NP2) and now this.
QtcJre6.png

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm fair enough then. Though I saw this table the other day at BL and it seems you don't really need MLB Kscopes. It makes sense. You only really need to be able to get a refund of 50%+ on turn 2 and 3 to get Skadi to top up during those turns. Plenty of ways to get 100% starting NP without resorting to MLB kscopes.

Honestly just glad to have NP2 berserkalot.

image0.jpg
That pic is really useful. Mainly what I meant though is most of the time you will have to run a non-event CE in order to run it though.

I wish I had more NP levels on my zerkeralot. I got 2 Frans last time I pulled so at least I have that.
The shop has Lanugo, Gallstones and Knights Medals. Those are annoying to farm. How is that a bad shop? Also 30 fangs is nice.
Yeah shop looks decent to me. Quite a bit I personally want. I agree the event is annoying to farm, but I respect that they at least attempted to change things up despite it being a rerun.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I have something like 200 Knight's Medals, 300 fangs. The shop CEs aren't any good. Ten gallstones is fine but it's just ten with the Lanugo being nice but not making a serious dent either. I could probably three turn farm free quest Lanugo decently if I wanted to.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I have something like 200 Knight's Medals, 300 fangs. The shop CEs aren't any good. Ten gallstones is fine but it's just ten with the Lanugo being nice but not making a serious dent either. I could probably three turn farm free quest Lanugo decently if I wanted to.
You wouldn't want to because the Laungo free quest has awful drops.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
You... Did you just call two 50% charge CEs, one of which has an anti-divine boost and the other of which has frickin' ignore invincibility attached, not any good? Are you serious?
Yes? Ignore invincible is the definition of hyper niche. 30% damage boost to Divine is niche too when you can just run stuff like Sumo. Like they are not unusable but they're definitely not good.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wish we had some weird cool things as CE. Most of the time its just percentage to damage somehow.

EPIC 7 has some fun things that would be cool. Like chance to decrease skill cooldown upon hit.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Congrats to those who got the kuudere Saberface.
Looks like those who did get her (and posted about it), mostly did so in (very) few pulls.
Especially happy for users like Draggy who experienced a severe SSR drought.

I'm currently not planning on doing any multi pulls on her banner (haven't done so since Merlin, apart from GSSR), but who knows how the next few days will go since I'm doing some (business) travelling for the next 2 weeks. Mood swings might result in me doing something stupid and rolling.

As for the event, man, it feels bad being a 2nd year joiner and not having any 2018 CE's at my disposal. :( (FIVE rare prisms for ONE Melty Sweatheart CE? The fuck?!)

Thus I saw Jrod's MLB'd Redrop CE on his Nero Bride and went with the Saber class. Thank you, Jrod. :)
Bought Valentine's CE's for Artoria, Saberlot, Bedivere, Liz Brave and...Caesar. The latter being a dumb mistake since I forgot about being able to exchange my Saber Choco Coins against Baking Chocolate and that I actually already had enough of them to buy a Sweet Crystal event shop CE.
Oh well...

Condolences to those who were unlucky. Congratulations to those who got good pulls! Seeing all of your luck tempts me to roll, but I must remain strong and wait for the fluffy pink queen to be on rate-up. I hope I have power then. The PNW is looking to get hit by a few snowstorms in the next few days...

I hadn't realized until last night that the lower-rarity story-locked Servants would also be included in the gacha. Jaguar Warrior, Salter, Lalter, Medea Lily, Gorgon... the pool is better than I thought it would be.
Wait, so they are usually not part of rate up banners, only the general one? Is there a list? I'm confused.

ba5d878d-435d-4ae7-9d07-eebf5344af14
RNGesus is the one true lord!

Single one? Congrats for getting her after all.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll ever get a daily dungeon that lets us easily grind Bond. We have one for XP, we have one for materials, and we have one for QP. I know it's supposed to be one of those things you slowly build over time, but with Bond being increased to 15 in the Japanese version an easier way to level it would be appreciated.

I've been slowly chipping away at the Valentine's event. Not feeling the best as of late, as I just had two of my wisdom teeth out, but the game helps distract me somewhat from the discomfort.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll ever get a daily dungeon that lets us easily grind Bond. We have one for XP, we have one for materials, and we have one for QP. I know it's supposed to be one of those things you slowly build over time, but with Bond being increased to 15 in the Japanese version an easier way to level it would be appreciated.

I've been slowly chipping away at the Valentine's event. Not feeling the best as of late, as I just had two of my wisdom teeth out, but the game helps distract me somewhat from the discomfort.

Ouch. Feel better. Hopefully they keep you nice and high.

I had my wisdom tooth out in 2007. Was pretty easy since I only had 1.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch. Feel better. Hopefully they keep you nice and high.

I had my wisdom tooth out in 2007. Was pretty easy since I only had 1.
Thanks! Oddly enough they never gave me any pain medication, just told me to call the office if the pain became too much and they'd give me something then. The pain hasn't been too bad (maybe my tolerance is too high?), but the throbbing is still there a bit and it's troublesome troublesome trying to find stuff to eat. Well that and I tend to heal relatively slow, so the wounds are still bothering me.

So yeah, while the FGO girls are handing out chocolate, unfortunately I'll have to pass. For now. Hopefully they're still edible by the time everything heals.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so she usually is not part of rate up banners, only the general one? And that also applies to Servants like Nero? Is there a list? I'm confused.
Yeah, she's story-locked for some reason. I think the current list of story-locks in NA is: CasCu, Salter, CasGilles, Nero, Medea Lily, Lalter, Tesla, Medb, CuZilla, Tristan, Gawain, Bedivere, Lartoria, Jaguar Warrior, Gorgon, and Quetz.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
That sounds annoying, Chrono.
Hope you heal up properly asap.

Yeah, she's story-locked for some reason. I think the current list of story-locks in NA is: CasCu, Salter, CasGilles, Nero, Medea Lily, Lalter, Tesla, Medb, CuZilla, Tristan, Gawain, Bedivere, Lartoria, Jaguar Warrior, Gorgon, and Quetz.

And I was starting to wonder why Gilles Caster hasn't showed up yet. Not like I want him to, but...
No chance of getting spooked by Salter, Nero, both(!) Artoria Lancer's, CuZilla and Quetz is disappointing though. Rolling on their rate up banners seemed a bit like a waste to me. How wrong I was.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The event is annoying to farm and the prices are fairly high so not the biggest improvement. Like all things it will vary from person to person but I don't need any of these.

I don't get how this event is annoying to farm. If you don't care about getting Valentine's just use one mold for the whole thing and you can exchange it. That already gives you so much more shop currency than any event I've experienced. And you literally only have to worry about one currency.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Do the final set of free quests drop only a few more stacks of coins than the ones that unlock in a couple hours, or do they drop a decent amount more?

Status
Not open for further replies.