• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Do the final set of free quests drop only a few more stacks of coins than the ones that unlock in a couple hours, or do they drop a decent amount more?
If Cirno is to be trusted (a big if), it appears that they are capable of dropping the same maximum amount of stacks of coins (it's possible that the stack drop rate is different). Some of Royal's stacks are bigger, but it's just a difference of 3 vs. 2. Royal is also capable of dropping more chocolate directly.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've been slowly chipping away at the Valentine's event. Not feeling the best as of late, as I just had two of my wisdom teeth out, but the game helps distract me somewhat from the discomfort.
Ah man, I remember getting mine out. Was not a fun experience. The dentist messed up the removal and so I had to go to an emergency dental hospital to have it surgically removed. Needless to say that guy was fired lol. And then I had to get two more removed the normal way, but they wouldn't stop bleeding. I just have bad luck with that operation lol. I'm hoping yours were much more routine? I don't think I received painkillers the second time either though so I think that's normal. It's mainly eating that was the issue for me because it made me constantly tired. Hopefully you recover quickly :)
People always say that. "I don't need any of these" yeah you do. Maybe not now but eventually you will. Unless you just burn every servant you get that you haven't planned for.
For me I try to keep a stash of all materials, but if I currently have what I need for the servants I have/plan for I won't go out of my way to get those materials. If I get new servants I just add them to my list and farm them next time they're available in the shop. If it wasn't someone I planned to get I'm not in a rush to level their skills. It's mainly just about balancing the farming with irl time and my own sanity lol.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
I feel like at this point we should have way more apples than we do right now. I remember people saying that eventually the games gonna give out a ton of apples and we'll have so many apples that we won't know what to do with them. And it still doesn't feel that way at all.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like at this point we should have way more apples than we do right now. I remember people saying that eventually the games gonna give out a ton of apples and we'll have so many apples that we won't know what to do with them. And it still doesn't feel that way at all.
It depends on how long you've been playing and how heavily you farmed the events that had infinite lotteries. I've been playing since the game launched and didn't try particularly hard on any of the lottery events, so I have over 250 gold apples sitting around at the moment.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just did Gilles event return gift scene, and i got to say, that was magical.
Having so many servants work to make that magazine, and ending with Jeanne trying to murder him was hilarious.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna focus on clearing the store. I need mats as a new account so bad. I should have farmed the QP node more last week but AP can only be split so much.

EXP and Mats for now and get my faves up to their top form. Then QP when I can spare the time and every team is stronger. The Valentine CE I'll just leave for the last 3 days or so. I need way more apples for sure lol. 15 isn't enough.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
^ Above is Babylonia spoilers, for those who haven't played through it yet.

-------

Also, a quick PSA for anyone debating whether or not to get Valentine gift CEs in this event and doesn't follow JP news: the format of the Valentine event changes next year; instead of using the same currency (coins/chocolate) for both gifts and shop items, the shop goes back to the normal three-tier currency model and the gift system is incorporated into a points ladder similar to Gudaguda. Scattered throughout the points ladder are special chocolate items you can exchange for the gift CEs; the catch is that when exchanged, almost all of them give you a random gift from a servant whose CE you still don't have (ten special chocolates at big point milestones let you pick a specific gift). If you clear the entire ladder there's enough total chocolates that even if you owned every servant released to that point, you could get the gift from all of them even if you hadn't gotten anything from previous years. Though of course since I don't play JP I have no idea how much farming will be required to get <x> chocolates from the tree if you only need so many.

Just some extra info for anyone interested.

Last edited:

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to those who got the kuudere Saberface.
Looks like those who did get her (and posted about it), mostly did so in (very) few pulls.
Especially happy for users like Draggy who experienced a severe SSR drought.

I'm currently not planning on doing any multi pulls on her banner (haven't done so since Merlin, apart from GSSR), but who knows how the next few days will go since I'm doing some (business) travelling for the next 2 weeks. Mood swings might result in me doing something stupid and rolling.

As for the event, man, it feels bad being a 2nd year joiner and not having any 2018 CE's at my disposal. :( (FIVE rare prisms for ONE Melty Sweatheart CE? The fuck?!)

Thus I saw Jrod's MLB'd Redrop CE on his Nero Bride and went with the Saber class. Thank you, Jrod. :)
Bought Valentine's CE's for Artoria, Saberlot, Bedivere, Liz Brave and...Caesar. The latter being a dumb mistake since I forgot about being able to exchange my Saber Choco Coins against Baking Chocolate and that I actually already had enough of them to buy a Sweet Crystal event shop CE.
Oh well...

Wait, so they are usually not part of rate up banners, only the general one? Is there a list? I'm confused.

Single one? Congrats for getting her after all.
Single roll. And thanks.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah man, I remember getting mine out. Was not a fun experience. The dentist messed up the removal and so I had to go to an emergency dental hospital to have it surgically removed. Needless to say that guy was fired lol. And then I had to get two more removed the normal way, but they wouldn't stop bleeding. I just have bad luck with that operation lol. I'm hoping yours were much more routine? I don't think I received painkillers the second time either though so I think that's normal. It's mainly eating that was the issue for me because it made me constantly tired. Hopefully you recover quickly :)
Nope, mine were apparently the same as yours. They just froze my nerves a bit with a needle and yanked the teeth out. No stitches or anything, just a bit of gauze and then sent me home. Similar to you, eating is probably definitely the biggest issue, as it's basically baby food for a while (everything mushed or soft, and even then it's limited). Since there's no stitches it's taking a while to heal too, and the bleeding still happens a bit despite being over two days later. It's healing, albeit slow.

But thanks, I'm sure I'll recover soon enough!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The drop rate for pages isn't mind-blowingly great considering that it's 40ap but it's consistent enough and I feel like I'm still saving ap compared to Hyde Park that I feel it's worth it. Also you're farming choco anyway.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Nope, mine were apparently the same as yours. They just froze my nerves a bit with a needle and yanked the teeth out. No stitches or anything, just a bit of gauze and then sent me home. Similar to you, eating is probably definitely the biggest issue, as it's basically baby food for a while (everything mushed or soft, and even then it's limited). Since there's no stitches it's taking a while to heal too, and the bleeding still happens a bit despite being over two days later. It's healing, albeit slow.

But thanks, I'm sure I'll recover soon enough!
Mama Raikou handmade chocolate is all you need to recover.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
*takes a bite of Raikou's homemade chocolate*

*begins to get dizzy*

Raikou - "Ara ara, feeling tired are we? Chocolate has a peculiar taste to it, does it? Your mind must be playing tricks on you. Here, come rest your head on mama's lap."

King Fossil

Oct 26, 2017
Feel free to add me for cute orangette support!

screenshot_20190209-2m7jci.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done farming chocolates for the girls. I could probably switch and start grinding a few to give chocolate to the guys, but...they're not waifu so I won't bother. I'll just turn extra tokens in for chocolates and grab the material items.

It seems a few people might have removed me from their Friend List (or I removed them due to a long absence of activity, I can't recall). Regardless, I have room on my Friend List now, so request sent!

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost done farming chocolates for the girls. I could probably switch and start grinding a few to give chocolate to the guys, but...they're not waifu so I won't bother. I'll just turn extra tokens in for chocolates and grab the material items.

It seems a few people might have removed me from their Friend List (or I removed them due to a long absence of activity, I can't recall). Regardless, I have room on my Friend List now, so request sent!
A few of the guys scenes are pretty funny to check, especially Gilles saber one with the Jeanne d'arc fanzine he created.

Sent one.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Uh, so I'm sitting at Dubai airport and just got Artoria Lancer Alter from my weekly sunday ticket on the MHXA/Jeanne banner, but what does that say about story locked Servants not being in the pool of rate up banners?
Funny enough, all my ticket gold Servants have been SR Lancers (Summer Kiyo, Liz).
SSR ticket when? :(

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Oh, okay.
Hm, that's a good reason then to use a couple more tickets in the next few days.
Still was hoping for the (worse) Lartoria. The excitement made me forget about the (possible) story restriction, but now I know that it doesn't apply to this banner anyways.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, Royale node with caster mold nets you around 800K to 1000K QP.

So like it's the min amount for doors, but you can farm gallstones and hearts at far, far better rates too.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Uh, so I'm sitting at Dubai airport and just got Artoria Lancer Alter from my weekly sunday ticket on the MHXA/Jeanne banner, but what does that say about story locked Servants not being in the pool of rate up banners?
Funny enough, all my ticket gold Servants have been SR Lancers (Summer Kiyo, Liz).
SSR ticket when? :(

Grats!

BTW, Royale node with caster mold nets you around 800K to 1000K QP.

So like it's the min amount for doors, but you can farm gallstones and hearts at far, far better rates too.

Gallstones are on the Berserker node right? That Demon Boar is super scary, it can nearly wipe a frontline in one turn.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I congratulate none of you for showing off.

Anyway, the wikis weren't lying; it looks like there's basically no difference in coin yield between Sweet and Royal difficulties, at least from what I've seen drop thus far. So just farm on whatever quest has the material drops you want, I guess.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice being able to finally 3 turn the node now that we have the best ones available. Shop is clearing surprisingly fast though. Guess the MP will be bulk of my farming.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright jesus christ I finally got my 5th copy of cute orangette.

Now to not worry about gacha till sherlock holmes come out.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Gallstones are on the Berserker node right? That Demon Boar is super scary, it can nearly wipe a frontline in one turn.
Kinbroki can erase the boar with his NP and his own buff. Sure, if you have the gacha CEs it's slightly less efficient, but it gets rid of that danger.

EDIT: Finally playing husbando scenes: Ooooh, that's how we get Mini Cu-chan! I'll have to equip CuZilla with him when I roll for Medb for maximum catalust (typo, but I tried to correct it three times and my fingers just kept putting it back. Feels like an appropriate one when discussing Medb, anyways) power.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Kinbroki can erase the boar with his NP and his own buff. Sure, if you have the gacha CEs it's slightly less efficient, but it gets rid of that danger.

EDIT: Finally playing husbando scenes: Ooooh, that's how we get Mini Cu-chan! I'll have to equip CuZilla with him when I roll for Medb for maximum catalust (typo, but I tried to correct it three times and my fingers just kept putting it back. Feels like an appropriate one when discussing Medb, anyways) power.

Yeah I'm trying to max my CE bonus. MHXA can 2 turn it, so bringing Waver for extra safety with DEF buff on the node still gets me +28. Now that I got that last gallstone, she's lvl 90 10/10/10

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Playing the event made me wonder, are both Gudao and Gudako present in Chaldea in canon? or just one of the 2? Since the event doesn't really make sense if its only one master both giving and receiving chocolates

Status
Not open for further replies.