• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the event made me wonder, are both Gudao and Gudako present in Chaldea in canon? or just one of the 2? Since the event doesn't really make sense if its only one master both giving and receiving chocolates
Well, a Master getting chocolate from every single female Servant - or any Master wanting to give chocolate to the likes of Fergus or Gilles - don't make sense to begin with. You're supposed to either consider only a few of them as canon or accept all of them as wishful fantasy.

But more to the question, they explicitly told the main character that they're the only conscious Mage left in Chaldea. So.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the nice rolls, guys. Every Saberface is precious and deserves to be loved. Hoping for a 4* summer MHXA too, because I want both those dorks in my Chaldea.

Of the voiced scenes I've listened to so far, my three favorites so far are: Okita, Okki, Rider Rin. N-No seiyuu bias whatsoever, I swear.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The MC can switch genders at will.

Also it seems canon that every servant is summoned since in a lot of events and stories it has them hanging out in Chaldea

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
Raikou's valentine cutscene was surprisingly sweet. I thought she would go yandere mode if you mention that the other servants gave you chocolate but nope. I feel outside the holloween she doesn't a lot of yandere moments.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are all the final nodes some variant of 20/50/20k, 125k, 50,50,220k waves for every mold?

And man, gilgamesh's np modifier is so dumb.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I congratulate none of you for showing off.
Wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't be so confused about story locked Servants.
In fact I still am. I understand that Lartoria can show up when rolling on the Valentine's banner due to the following quote in the announcement, but what about story locked SR's?
Servants who have a featured pickup period in this Summon will be available during other pickup periods as well.
Do we automatically assume that this also concerns all story locked SR Servants?
No MHXA, no 4* or 5* servants, no CE drop and no luck on hearts node so far. This event sucks. :/
Sorry to hear. No CE drops for me either, so far.
Have bought 3 of the Altera and 2 of the Arjuna one. Wondering whether I should just buy all of them...

Raikou's valentine cutscene was surprisingly sweet. I thought she would go yandere mode if you mention that the other servants gave you chocolate but nope. I feel outside the holloween she doesn't a lot of yandere moments.
So jealous.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't be so confused about story locked Servants.
In fact I still am. I understand that Lartoria can show up when rolling on the Valentine's banner due to the following quote in the announcement, but what about story locked SR's?
Do we automatically assume that this also concerns all story locked SR Servants?
Valentine's is one of the few banners where all non-limited servants are available at all times for the banner, which includes story-locked ones of all rarities, I guess because the banner themes are "all male/female servants". The quoted line is just a clarification that the 5* servants listed on the schedule aren't only available during their rate-up day, unlike how during a rotating banner with limited servants (like New Year's) they weren't available when it wasn't their turn.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I received all the chocolates I could but wonder if I should give them out to the dudes too. Would take so many though, think I'll clear the shop out first.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I was initially planning to farm Spirit Roots, Horns and most importantly Hearts, but according to gamepress Camelot (Roots & Horns) and Shinjuku (Hearts) have better drop rates?
So only Gallstones farming makes sense?
Valentine's is one of the few banners where all non-limited servants are available at all times for the banner, which includes story-locked ones of all rarities, I guess because the banner themes are "all male/female servants". The quoted line is just a clarification that the 5* servants listed on the schedule aren't only available during their rate-up day, unlike how during a rotating banner with limited servants (like New Year's) they weren't available when it wasn't their turn.
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know which next banner would be similar?

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. Do you know which next banner would be similar?
Actually I guess it's really just Valentine's/White Day. There's also the singularity/class banners but they usually highlight 3/4*s on those.

I really should have used more of the class molds earlier on. They drop often enough that I'm not going to be able to use up all of them...

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm so glad I listened to you Antiwhippy . Using the class molds I knew I couldn't do on Royal allowed me to get mlb CEs which I needed to 3 turn (plus I only have 2 gacha CEs from last year and no rolls done for this year) and molds seem to be dropping quite regularly in this node *touch wood*.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I pulled for Tamamo and Drake but got neither. Should have sold the 2nd Steno I pulled since I already have Orion. :(

I did get a Cute Orangette at least and some NP ups for my silver servants. Now to save the rest of the quartz for Lancer Artoria. I was too weak and all of them should have gone to her. Its ok, another pack for just her this coming Thursday lol.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
tfhwHuw.jpg

Thanks ultra whales for keeping the game alive.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I can't fathom spending that much on FGO, does the dude want every single 5* at NP5? Even if I had that kind of money to spend on a game I wouldn't do it simply because getting the servants I want to NP5 wouldn't cost anywhere near that much unless I had horrible luck.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't fathom spending that much on FGO, does the dude want every single 5* at NP5? Even if I had that kind of money to spend on a game I wouldn't do it simply because getting the servants I want to NP5 wouldn't cost anywhere near that much unless I had horrible luck.

He has every servant in Japan np5.

Also endless grinding eventually leads you to buying rainbow apples.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017

You should see his CE. Multiple MLB Kaleido and he bond 15 his servant in a week or two...

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Finished getting chocolates from the female servants, now for the guys. I'm surprised how many male archers there are. Also Kid Gil's V-day chocolate is one of the highlights of the event

Icarian

May 9, 2018
He has every servant in Japan np5.

giphy.webp

It's not like you can even use them all D:

I'm mostly F2P and I tend to gravitate towards the same servants for most nodes/events.

I'm assuming this is this Rex guy on youtube or someone like that, if I was him I would end up using Dantes/Skadix2 90% of the time, specially with the amound of mats needed to ascend and skill up so many servants.

Also, having every servant at NP5 means that no servant holds a special meaning, they're all the same, I would lose interest in the game way too fast (kind of like when you started to use cheat codes on single player games back in the 90's).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.webp

It's not like you can even use them all D:

I'm mostly F2P and I tend to gravitate towards the same servants for most nodes/events.

I'm assuming this is this Rex guy on youtube or someone like that, if I was him I would end up using Dantes/Skadix2 90% of the time, specially with the amound of mats needed to ascend and skill up so many servants.

Also, having every servant at NP5 means that no servant holds a special meaning, they're all the same, I would lose interest in the game way too fast (kind of like when you started to use cheat codes on single player games back in the 90's).

Not true. He only has Kiara bond 15. :P

For the record you need to play a shit load to get to bond 15.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Yeah I'm so glad I listened to you Antiwhippy . Using the class molds I knew I couldn't do on Royal allowed me to get mlb CEs which I needed to 3 turn (plus I only have 2 gacha CEs from last year and no rolls done for this year) and molds seem to be dropping quite regularly in this node *touch wood*.
There are no "All" moulds, so why do ppl put MLB'd Gacha CE's on Ruler/Avenger Servants?

I pulled for Tamamo and Drake but got neither. Should have sold the 2nd Steno I pulled since I already have Orion. :(

I did get a Cute Orangette at least and some NP ups for my silver servants. Now to save the rest of the quartz for Lancer Artoria. I was too weak and all of them should have gone to her. Its ok, another pack for just her this coming Thursday lol.
I know that too well. :(

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
People not receiving chocolate from the dudes are seriously missing out. So many good scenes, better than the ones from the girls even.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Male servants outside of Ko Gil, Rama, Astolfo and Waver don't exist to me.

I have 1 or two male 5 star servants I will never touch and multiple 4 star ones.

Last edited:

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People not receiving chocolate from the dudes are seriously missing out. So many good scenes, better than the ones from the girls even.
That makes sense. The girls are basically limited to giving either good, bad or wacky chocolate while the boys can give anything. Also, the majority of the girls' scenes written for the first Valentine event are kinda throwaway. The newer ones (which basically include all of the boys) had more care put into them and it shows.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Nothing can beat Raikou giving me chocolate, NOTHING, that's literally all I wanted the event for!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Astolfo's return gift is the best though.

I want a real life sized hippogriff plushie.

Also both Gille's and Blackbeard's were hilarious.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'll gladly redeem coins for some of the return gifts if I have time after clearing the rest of the shop.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer to get the gifts taken care of first and then deal with the shop. Since all of the nodes drop chocolate I'd be left with a bunch of extra shop currency that could only be turned into QP if I did it the other way around.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
It pains me to resort to Youtube for Raikou's Valentines.... ;_;

Well if I pull LArtoria then at least I'll have one of my waifus. Also I dunno why they don't add more scenes and base your bond level on what you give/receive from servants.

Like bond level 1-3 should just get you thank you chocolates while 4-7 should give like you chocolate and 8-9 should give love chocolates and 10 should give a special scene. DW can afford it no prob with whales spending 100k so easily on this game lol.

In other news I'm done with the CEs in the store and now farming mats. I'll refocus on servant CEs once I get all the important mats done and the Mana Prisms. Then finish up any excess remaining on the last 3 days.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
*Finally looks at what the shop mana prisms cost.*

Holy hell! 10k chocolates for all of them?! Well, that considerably increases what I thought I'd need to farm.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There are no "All" moulds, so why do ppl put MLB'd Gacha CE's on Ruler/Avenger Servants?
Some people seem very reluctant to get the shop CEs. I learned my lesson a while back. Unless it's completely useless I'll always pick up the CEs going forward. Even if the additional effects are niche 50% charge is nice, and this is the kind of game where they'll be some random challenge quest where the most random CE will be needed for optimal setups lol.
*Finally looks at what the shop mana prisms cost.*

Holy hell! 10k chocolates for all of them?! Well, that considerably increases what I thought I'd need to farm.
I plan out everything I want to get from the beginning so I saw the cost basically double my work load and was worried. But I'm down to the HP fous and mana prisms now with over a week to go so should be doable. You seem to get quite a lot of currency in this event, I guess because the aim is to get lots of chocolates. I'm done with chocolate gathering so I can just focus on the shop (will get a few of the guys if I have time at the end).
10 quarts to celebrate the release of FGO VR and a +50 Master EXP CE.
Noice!

Status
Not open for further replies.