• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this event turned into a slog real quick, especially since there's essentially 9-14 different quests to choose from when you account for possible material drops (and then if you further care about the chance for a specific class's gems), even though the main event shop currency is basically equal amongst all of them.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how that's different from most events or even free quests. They tend to only drop one material per node.

Also only the gallstones, heart and pages node are remotely worth it if you're farming for material. So that's sweet Calvary and Royale Calvary.

I've already cleared out the shop in any case except for the CEs and I'll just leave those till the end. Gonna just keep farming for pages and coin to turn into qp, and then buy up those CEs at the end.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Not farming pages since they'll be in the Nerofest lottery and I don't need them right now. Gallstones are a must though.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what kind of bonus you need to be on to have the shop done already, but at +19 it'll still take me about two more days to get enough just to buy all the materials/cards, let alone the CEs or prisms.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Between jalter and tamamo I still need 84 pages and I just finished getting casgil all his pages so I'm fresh out.

I don't think I can ever run out of pages. I literally got Medea lily and nursery rhyme this banner and I'm dreading leveling them up lol.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I'm at 6 Pages. I need more to fully ascend Nursery Rhyme, Caster Gilles, and Caster Cu.

Sanzo needs 48 to max her second and third skill. Hans and Shakespeare need some too.

I don't even know if should go for Caster Nero or Merlin because of my Page woes.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
3 5* event CEs, 4* CE and a previous 5* event CE help my grind out. Also I used like ~5 golden apples cause I was bored when I was away from home.

Also qon is MVP

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 6 Pages. I need more to fully ascend Nursery Rhyme, Caster Gilles, and Caster Cu.

Sanzo needs 48 to max her second and third skill. Hans and Shakespeare need some too.

I don't even know if should go for Caster Nero or Merlin because of my Page woes.
Nerofest this year has pages in the lottery, and we've got about 100 more coming through events throughout the rest of the year.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this event turned into a slog real quick, especially since there's essentially 9-14 different quests to choose from when you account for possible material drops (and then if you further care about the chance for a specific class's gems), even though the main event shop currency is basically equal amongst all of them.
Does it really count as a slog when you can burn your AP in about 10 minutes? To me an event that is a slog would be one where the nodes take like 7 turns to clear.
I have also cleared the shop besides class pieces and monuments. Just been farming pages now.
Have you been using apples or are you leaving the mana prisms?

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Can you share what's your setup? Because I've been 7-8 turn it so far lol
Yeah, I was going to say, 7 turns is about how long it takes me to clear each quest while maximizing my drop bonus.
Ah fair enough. I'm not maximising drop bonus by most people's standards as I only 2 gacha CEs from last year. I can see why you would think this is a slog then lol.

For anyone in my shoes or just wants quicker runs my 3 turn setup on Berserker node is the following:

Arash - MLB shop CE
Kintoki Rider - shop CE
Waver - last years shop CE
Chloe - shop CE
Friend 50% charge unit (Drake, Artoria, Ishtar) - MLB shop CE
Lu Bu - Last year's 4* gacha CE

Plugsuit

For me this is 3 drops less than the best I can do in most cases (5* gacha CE on friend would be 5 instead of 3 and another last years 4* gacha CE would be 3 instead of 2). I have 170+ apples so doing more runs is more time efficient for me than having longer runs. I am not going to burn 170 apples on lottery boxes so I'm not saving them any time soon. I won't need to use them at the rate I'm going though, and this is the most I've bought from the shop in a very long time.

Team is pretty self explanatory. Arash's np charge skill + waver's 30% np charge skill clears the first wave and brings in Chloe. Chloe's 50% np charge skill and arts buff plus Waver's 2 10% NP charge skill kills the second wave. Swap friend in, their 50% charge skill plus buffs plus plugsuit kills the smaller guys on wave 3 and Kintoki's 50% charge allows you to kill the boss (Raikou in my case, quick buff not needed). The whole run takes me around minutes because my device is slow (just did a timed run on my lunch break). If you have received a CE drop you can use friends who have the shop CE that is not MLB'd. You need to plugsuit on wave 2 instead of wave 3 (but wave 3 will have waver buff so balances).

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does it really count as a slog when you can burn your AP in about 10 minutes? To me an event that is a slog would be one where the nodes take like 7 turns to clear.

Have you been using apples or are you leaving the mana prisms?
Only when I was out and had to kill some time. But around like ~5 ish. I am just gonna use the rest of the chocolate coins for mana prisms on natural ap regen.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not bothering using apples. Running +21 at the moment and Caster exclusive. I should have enough to clear the shop (minus Monuments) naturally, with enough left over to buy a few valentines if I really want to.

I'm running +32. Have not used any apple. Moulds are nice.
I assume due to 5* CEs. From this year or last year?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not bothering using apples. Running +21 at the moment and Caster exclusive. I should have enough to clear the shop (minus Monuments) naturally, with enough left over to buy a few valentines if I really want to.

I assume due to 5* CEs. From this year or last year?
4 from this year, 1 support and 1 from last year.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Only when I was out and had to kill some time. But around like ~5 ish. I am just gonna use the rest of the chocolate coins for mana prisms on natural ap regen.
Ah fair enough. I'm pretty much in the same position then. Only need to get the Mana Prisms now so should be done in about 3 days at my current rate. Not sure if I should farm the event after that for more chocolates gifts or I should just go back to QP farming.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I think 3 apples should be enough to get me the entire store and some Valentines CE. The event is fairly long and if you end up skipping your dailies then you can finish the store even faster. Sadly as a new account I can't afford to do that. :(

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think 3 apples should be enough to get me the entire store and some Valentines CE. The event is fairly long and if you end up skipping your dailies then you can finish the store even faster. Sadly as a new account I can't afford to do that. :(
Why do you need to do dailies? (Also I swear you've been around a while lol?)

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing since December but I couldn't farm the Christmas lottery as much as I wanted to farm them for infinite mats lol.

I can't skip any dailies cause I need the Mana Prisms and any mat drops and QP too. But I only do the 40 AP for EXP and QP. For the Class I do them all since I need mats from 10 ap all the way to 40 ap.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing since December but I couldn't farm the Christmas lottery as much as I wanted to farm them for infinite mats lol.

I can't skip any dailies cause I need the Mana Prisms and any mat drops and QP too. But I only do the 40 AP for EXP and QP. For the Class I do them all since I need mats from 10 ap all the way to 40 ap.

Skip dailies during events. That AP is better used farming because events always have better drop rates.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Skip dailies during events. That AP is better used farming because events always have better drop rates.

I've been thinking about this for a while tbh. Its just the idea of not doing my farms and getting those sweet drops is hard to stomach lol. I can always apple though. I am gonna go hard for Hearts and Gears. Page I'll need a ton too.

BTW I tried to run Berserker Node and had to use a CS to save myself. Thats one class I can't farm safely lol. Anyone else had close calls?

Meanwhile my Archer, Lancer, Rider, Assassin and Caster teams just laugh their way through the Royal Node. Saber is kinda meh cause it depends on the support carrying.

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fair enough. I'm not maximising drop bonus by most people's standards as I only 2 gacha CEs from last year. I can see why you would think this is a slog then lol.

For anyone in my shoes or just wants quicker runs my 3 turn setup on Berserker node is the following:

Arash - MLB shop CE
Kintoki Rider - shop CE
Waver - last years shop CE
Chloe - shop CE
Friend 50% charge unit (Drake, Artoria, Ishtar) - MLB shop CE
Lu Bu - Last year's 4* gacha CE

Plugsuit

For me this is 3 drops less than the best I can do in most cases (5* gacha CE on friend would be 5 instead of 3 and another last years 4* gacha CE would be 3 instead of 2). I have 170+ apples so doing more runs is more time efficient for me than having longer runs. I am not going to burn 170 apples on lottery boxes so I'm not saving them any time soon. I won't need to use them at the rate I'm going though, and this is the most I've bought from the shop in a very long time.

Team is pretty self explanatory. Arash's np charge skill + waver's 30% np charge skill clears the first wave and brings in Chloe. Chloe's 50% np charge skill and arts buff plus Waver's 2 10% NP charge skill kills the second wave. Swap friend in, their 50% charge skill plus buffs plus plugsuit kills the smaller guys on wave 3 and Kintoki's 50% charge allows you to kill the boss (Raikou in my case, quick buff not needed). The whole run takes me around minutes because my device is slow (just did a timed run on my lunch break). If you have received a CE drop you can use friends who have the shop CE that is not MLB'd. You need to plugsuit on wave 2 instead of wave 3 (but wave 3 will have waver buff so balances).
Ah i see thanks, and yeah I got 5* CE from last year so I'm maximizing my bonus drop.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, made five 10-rolls trying to get Medb or MHXA. Even had a catalyst of Medb drawn up. The odds were always against me, and in the end.... neither came home. It wasn't all bad, though. I got three 4* Servants, and I don't have to use any mats on them because I already had them.

End take: NP2 Taiga, NP5 Serenity (up from NP2), NP2 Fran, NP2 Nero, NP2 Marie, Room Guard, Ideal Holy King, and 2x 4* Event CEs.

So I get to keep farming with my current setup, after all. The event CEs have a lower or equal drop rate to what I already have. Now there's really nothing standing between me and saving for SERAPH.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Finally had a chance to really farm the event tonight. Running at 23 plus lancer and rider right now. By the weekend I should have everything clear.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Ah i see thanks, and yeah I got 5* CE from last year so I'm maximizing my bonus drop.
That's fair enough. I only posted it for people like me who have basically no gacha CEs and want their life to be easier. Using a 5* CE friend doesn't add enough value for me when it would double the time it takes to do the run so there's no point for me.
Welp, made five 10-rolls trying to get Medb or MHXA. Even had a catalyst of Medb drawn up. The odds were always against me, and in the end.... neither came home. It wasn't all bad, though. I got three 4* Servants, and I don't have to use any mats on them because I already had them.

End take: NP2 Taiga, NP5 Serenity (up from NP2), NP2 Fran, NP2 Nero, NP2 Marie, Room Guard, Ideal Holy King, and 2x 4* Event CEs.

So I get to keep farming with my current setup, after all. The event CEs have a lower or equal drop rate to what I already have. Now there's really nothing standing between me and saving for SERAPH.
Ah sorry man, was cheering for ya. Hopefully Melt will come home for us!

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Raikou and summer Raikou for me. At least Summer Raikou is 4 star and technically easier to pull. Want Ruler Martha too if I can get her. BTW Antiwhippy what is your set up and which node are you farming to get that amount of QP?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Caster node: surf Mo, ushi, friend waver with last year's ce, whatever other riders that can fit into the cost, everyone with cute orangette.

Berserker: mhxa, Vlad, friend Merlin with the mash ce that gives +3 to everything, whatever other berserkers that can fit into the cost, everyone with cute orangette.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I've cleared all the mana prisms, now I just need the Lore and then its all QP grinding.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
This event really made me realise how weirdly distributed some of my classes are.

3 SSR archers but on 1 SR archer (and that SR is the welfare chloe lmao.)

Stheno finally spooked me (thank god it's only after MHXA popped out) but I still only have 3 SR assassins including the welfare summer scat and no SSR.

My Rider lineup is super paltry with only 1 SSR and 4 SRs with 2 being welfare. All of my usable gold riders are AoE. My only single target Rider worth using is Ushi (not that I'm complaining seeing how good she is.)

Meanwhile I got every SR berserker.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just farming gallstones since they are the rarest mat. Spent the ones from the shop and from the Pillars to get MHXA to 10/10/10.

Finally finished getting every single chocolate, now to clear the rest of the shop.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gotten a single gallstone drop yet. Which, since I didn't get MHXA, is now fine by me. Events will take care of the gallstones I might need for the Servants I'll be going after. Once I finish getting everyone's CEs I'll be free to grind pages/hearts (hearts have also not dropped for me, which is not fine by me).

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I've gotten 5-6 Hearts so far, nothing amazing but since I'm still clearing the shop (No Gacha CE's :() I can't complaint, I still need a lot of em so I'll most likely spend the whole event clearing the caster node.

By the way, if I already have Lunchtime and Mona Lisa, is there anything worth saving MP for? Or should I just grab the Fous?

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I admit I hate this event because it requires more planning than I wish to do so I've largely been ignoring it except for summoning MHXA and Artoria Alter.

Gonna do a ten roll tomorrow for Artoria Lancer and then I'mma be totally done with this event and banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.