• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I finally saw the memorial quests. I blame traveling all day.

Waver/Gil/Merlin with backup Merlin and Cu Alter failed with about 500k health left.

Waver/Archuria/Tamamo with backup Merlin and Cu Alter worked like a charm though, lost only Tamamo. Salter only got off a NP once and Merlin shut that shit down.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that both of those statements are true.

I wish the final CQ remained in the game. It's one of the few quests that feels like end game content to me. It's a shame there isn't anything like this permanently in the game.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I think the Saberfaces are fine. Its not like Sakura doesn't have a million versions of herself or some other characters. The only sabers I dislike is most of the Alter forms.

BTW would you guys consider Musashi a saberface? I kinda see it but she is unique enough to where I wouldn't say she is one.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

latest

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Saberfaces are fine. Its not like Sakura doesn't have a million versions of herself or some other characters. The only sabers I dislike is most of the Alter forms.

BTW would you guys consider Musashi a saberface? I kinda see it but she is unique enough to where I wouldn't say she is one.
Why would Musashi be a Saberface? She wasn't designed to be one, nor is she drawn by Takeuchi.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Why would Musashi be a Saberface? She wasn't designed to be one, nor is she drawn by Takeuchi.

The first time I saw her I honestly thought she was an alternate Altoria lol. Then I got a closer look and decided she wasn't one. Its weird because Okita is considered a Saberface but I don't see it lol.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Sakura? You mean Rin, right?

a393b0e1dd02d72a8d73790c720c345f0bc09e33_00.jpg

azaka-kokutou-the-garden-of-sinners-chapter-6-fairy-tale-oblivion-recording-1.87.jpg

295642.jpg

I'll give a pass to them though because they actually come before Rin Tohsaka and there's not really any Rin clones in Nasu's current works.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Would you guys consider Ishtar and ereshkigal rin clones? Or literally rin?
I don't know... Psuedo-Servants are a weird case because the level of how much each of the individual elements that inhabit them changes from case to case. Zhuge Liang may be how the game refers to him, but Waver/Lord El-Melloi II is the dominant personality, so much so people often forget he's a Psuedo-Servant. Ishtar and Ereshkigal are more of a blend of their host body and the goddesses; Ishtar herself admits she is basically a new person that doesn't resemble herself thanks to the elements of Rin's personality she's merged with.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Feb 25, 2018
How much does a start account with Saber Shiki go for? I might do that.

Although I'll see what I get naturally first and then go for the starter.
Not much, Shiki isn't as in high demand as say, an account with Jalter or Merlin. IDK if discussing account buying is allowed here so I'll just say that it only took me a little digging on one of the main account selling forums to find a Shiki account.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, that's it for Siegfried's Valentine scene? That's Valentine-scenes-from-last-year tier.

There are currently 24 Saberface Servants in FGO. Past one point it does feel kinda excessive.

Also, AFAIK the other people with multiple versions are actually related. Like the 3 Rins are Rin possessed. The 4 Sakuras are... data versions of Sakura? And the 4 Cus are actually Cu. Meanwhile people like Jeanne and Okita have no business looking similar to Arthur.

Also yes I consider Ishtar at the very least a Rin clone. Ereshkigal is one too if Okita is one since its just different hair colors.
I think the question is more about whether you consider them a separate clone, like Mordred is to Altria, or actually a version of the original, like Santa Altria is to Altria.

Last edited:

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
At one point Salter did her NP on my team and did 126k damage to them.

Needless to say there was nothing but ashes left.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Did my first attempt at the CQ. Did not expect the caster focusing gimmick. Merlin died turn 3 lol. Not sure how I want to tackle this. I've either got to rush it with friend archuria, but I don't think any on my friends list is strong enough nor do I have enough strong support units to stack buffs with, or I have to come up with a new team.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Did my first attempt at the CQ. Did not expect the caster focusing gimmick. Merlin died turn 3 lol. Not sure how I want to tackle this. I've either got to rush it with friend archuria, but I don't think any on my friends list is strong enough nor do I have enough strong support units to stack buffs with, or I have to come up with a new team.

What supports do you have?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
What supports do you have?
In terms of offensive supports I only really have Waver, Nero Bride, and Hans levelled. I watched xnaya's video and he used the first two but also had caster Gil who's skillset I can't really replicate, and Rexlent's Archuria which i definitely can't replicate lol. Might have to go very defensive and grind it out.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard that bringing two support Casters breaks her AI because she can't decide which one to focus on. I don't know what offensive Servants you have, but Waver and Merlin together as supports should split the damage reasonably well.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared all the regular memorial quests, now I'm going to think about the final one for a bit. Don't have a Waver, Merlin, or Archer Artoria of my own, so that rules out a lot of the popular team setups. I'll probably have to work using Chloe as the main attacker, but as for what kind of supports...

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of offensive supports I only really have Waver, Nero Bride, and Hans levelled. I watched xnaya's video and he used the first two but also had caster Gil who's skillset I can't really replicate, and Rexlent's Archuria which i definitely can't replicate lol. Might have to go very defensive and grind it out.

Unconventional, but I might give David a go. You basically just have to make sure to have someone give party evade and also be able to heal your support caster.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Sure is taking them a while to fix a typo. Not that I'm complaining. More apologems for the SERAPH fund!

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked that it's taking this long to fix. Maybe they're waiting to hear back from JP about how to compensate those who rolled on the banner. Seems like people rolling on a banner with incorrect information would be a big deal that would require big compensation.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
If they get their artwork done on the jp side and have to redo a Photoshop or whatever that might explain the length.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
They should give me 10 hearts and gallstones for the inevitable drops I would have gotten during this downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.