• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Behold my amazing event support lineup. I'm sure my friend list will get carried by them.

BNN3Qihr.jpg
At least you've got useful CEs, so your supports can be put in the backline and give bonuses.

The only one of my supports people might use during the event is Waver with the non-MLB 3* CE on him. My Emiya is leveled, sure, but Nobu gives a better bonus so there isn't any reason to use him over her (and mine is still at lvl 40). I might as well not put any of the shop CEs on my Servants, because if you're farming points the only support worth using is Okita.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Is Kiss Your Hand decent?

I've had it for the entire year and pretty much never used it. It's best used on servants whose decks don't match their NP, like Emiya (3 arts cards, but a Buster NP). But if you have something like Golden Sumo (and if you don't, the event you get it from comes back in a few months) then there's almost no point in ever using Kiss Your Hand. Effectiveness is generally better than regular attack up, but 10% isn't very noticable.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what is considered to be the best level to farm EP?
Gamepress recommends in the long term Avici, which should be the last node to come out during the event.
Through looking at each nodes for EP drops, you are probably better off using the new map that appears each day along with the dailies until then, since their amount of EP drops grows with each new one.
https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/location/revival-gudaguda-honnoji-free-quests

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So what is considered to be the best level to farm EP?
Avici, which doesn't open for more than a week.

I'd focus on getting the shop CEs for now, if you haven't already. Considering how much they'll boost EP drop in the daily nodes, they'll eventually provide way more EP than you would get farming these early nodes.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
For people who aren't buying quartz, how are you trying to distribute your ticket/quartz budget towards summon banners you're targeting for the rest of the first half of the year? It always feels like the next banner is the one you want to save for which makes it hard to justify using resources on the current one, especially if you only want one or two 5* things from it...

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
For people who aren't buying quartz, how much are you trying to budget towards summon banners you're targeting for the rest of the first half of the year? It always feels like the next banner is the one you want to save for which makes it hard to justify using resources on the current one, especially if you only want one or two 5* things from it...
As much as I can really, but it doesn't always end well (Merlin permanently scarred me).

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, further clarified my original post. Like in my case, I'm still thinking of how much more to put into this current Gudaguda rerun banner for Okiya and/or the Poster Girl CE, plus maybe something for the Cu Alter rateup day in the ongoing CBC 2019 banner (since it's the last time he'll be on rateup outside of story or America/Berserker only banners for a very long time). Beyond that though, outside of trying somewhat for Archer Artoria and trying more for Merlin, I'm not sure how much to set aside for things in-between.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, further clarified my original post. Like in my case, I'm still thinking of how much more to put into this current Gudaguda rerun banner for Okiya and/or the Poster Girl CE, plus maybe something for the Cu Alter rateup day in the ongoing CBC 2019 banner (since it's the last time he'll be on rateup outside of story or America/Berserker only banners for a very long time). Beyond that though, outside of trying somewhat for Archer Artoria and trying more for Merlin, I'm not sure how much to set aside for things in-between.
It really isn't easy to decide, at least for me. If the rate of SQ acquisition was much higher than it is then it wouldn't be so bad, but since F2P SQ is so rare it makes how much to spend on any given Servant/CE all the more difficult.

Honestly I wish I could answer your question, but I'm still trying to settle on a number for the Kiara/Melt onslaught. I've already begun debating whether I should wait for Summer Raikou's return next year to try for her, since this year is already packed for me. :/

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit that for the most part I'm going for gameplay ability first, character interest second. There's no way I'd be able to get all the servants I want, so to me it makes more sense to focus on ones that would have synergy with my current teams or otherwise have high performance that makes it easier to clear content. As you point out there's only so many summons they've give out for free, so IMO targeting somebody who looks cool but is redundant to what I already have feels like a waste.
Naturally, the fact that seemingly 90% of the best servants are limited and only come around once in a blue moon compounds the issue.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about gameplay so I just gun for Merlin and Jalter to stop thinking about it for the entire year. And even before having them I manage to clear all events with lower tier Servants without too much trouble, so I personally doesn't really feel much drive to build more synergistic, stronger teams. The rest of the SQ funds go to all the Servants I want no matter how weak, which is basically "make a x10 pull just once, then spend 1 ticket per-day for the duration of the banner", which honestly works less than half of the time (didn't get Caster Gil, never got Ozy, probably wouldn't get Santa Island Mask now), but oh well.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll ever understand the point of having so many time gated nodes each event.
Meh, had spent all the remaining AP on embers last night before going to sleep, but only a few mins left until it'll be replenished 100%.
Expecting a lot of gold apples from them.

But the fights are turn based, right? So not having physical buttons shouldn't be that crucial?
The two Utawarerumono PS4 games are still shrinkwrapped stored in my desk and if I could play them on the go I might have already done so, so the Vita might be again an interesting option, but with PS4 remote play available for my phone I'll probably try to go that route instead.
I mainly just found it annoying to use tbh. Even just walking around the world map was frustrating. Because it's touch screen it felt weird not being able to touch where I wanted to go or to be able to select things, and I couldn't really get a grasp of where the button were on the screen. I prefer physical buttons.
For people who aren't buying quartz, how are you trying to distribute your ticket/quartz budget towards summon banners you're targeting for the rest of the first half of the year? It always feels like the next banner is the one you want to save for which makes it hard to justify using resources on the current one, especially if you only want one or two 5* things from it...
Same thing I've always done. Planned the banners I was pulling on at the start of the year, and allocated 100 pulls to SRs and 200 to SSRs. Occasionally I spend when I shouldn't (this year I've been pretty good but spent about 10 tickets over the last few weeks) but for the most part I'm reasonably good at saving my resources. For me it's some combination of liking the character and gameplay. I'll never pull exclusively for gameplay (hence 0 resources were spent on Merlin) but as a F2P(/GSSR) player I can't pull for someone I like if they're not that good. I plan for the year because I have a rough idea of how many F2P resources we get, so I can make the decision on what banners I need to pull on.

I was planning to go away from this to spend 50 tickets on CCC, but with the questions over Melt's character I've decided to abstain for that. So to answer your question, for the remaining 3 months of the first of the year I won't be doing any pulls. After that it will be summer 2019 banners and Poster Girl rerun banner for me. Then 2020 banners (KnK, Skadi, Summer banner 2).

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Planned the banners I was pulling on at the start of the year, and allocated 100 pulls to SRs and 200 to SSRs.
That's 300 and 600 quartz respectively; though I'm not sure how many servants of each type you've targeted, are there really enough quartz/tickets given away in the pipeline for you to have what's necessary when each servant rolls around?

I thought I was being overly analytical about things, but I guess I was wrong...

Eldalie_

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, I can't believe that I spent 150 SQs and 12 tickets for 4 Launch Order CE and another copy of Beowulf! I wasn't expecting much but this is dissapointing. Looks like my Luck EX downgraded to Luck F.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
That's 300 and 600 quartz respectively; though I'm not sure how many servants of each type you've targeted, are there really enough quartz/tickets given away in the pipeline for you to have what's necessary when each servant rolls around?

I thought I was being overly analytical about things, but I guess I was wrong...
Yeah it's a lot of currency. When I first started this game the thread warned me about how difficult it is to get rare servants so I set my expectations very low. I am aiming for 1 SSR servants per year, and around 3 SR servants. We get enough to roll for that many based on the numbers I gave before.

Last year I didn't roll that often and I got very lucky so I came into this year with a bit more resources, meaning I could aim for 2 SSRs. For 2019 my servant is list is:

First Hassan (cost 480 quartz)
Nero Caster
Nobu Summer (same banner so don't need additional resources)
Raikou Lancer

Means I need 300 pulls worth for summer. My current resource amount if you want to know is
480 quartz and 83 tickets
so assuming I continue to remain strong I should reach that target. Depending on how that goes will depend on how much I spend on Poster Girl. Never pulled just for a CE before so haven't decided what to do there.

I majored in mathematics and work in finance so being overly analytical is what I do haha. I'm probably being ott about it but this is how I like to play the game.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
This event... Is not good.
And if you're doing it for the first time it's even worse. Having daily quests that you have to do on the day, that also require gudao, with almost all the nodes time gated making it almost impossible to get 3 of the 4 copies early on makes for a very frustrating event. At least the bulk of the points are on the back end of the event.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I want to try for Poster Girl for meme shenanigans, but I already have Okita. But then, she's only at NP1...But then, I do have other Servants to save for...

I must think on this carefully.

I went in with one more ten roll to go for Poster Girl.... Poster girl get.

I tried to Yolo Arthur with my last remaining quartz, got Assassin of Shinjuku..... yeah I'm good now to sit until the summer rerun.... Summer Mordred and Martha are must gets for me.... and after that Caster Umu.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I always see people saying they're saving for summer, but I'm curious, what servants are people actually aiming for? I'm wondering because half the servants aren't that good this time around, a good majority of people dislike Nero and Raikou, so that basically leaves Nobu and Fran. I'm questioning if when people say they're saving for summer they mean the 2018 rerun.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I always see people saying they're saving for summer, but I'm curious, what servants are people actually aiming for? I'm wondering because half the servants aren't that good this time around, a good majority of people dislike Nero and Raikou, so that basically leaves Nobu and Fran. I'm questioning if when people say they're saving for summer they mean the 2018 rerun.
>A good majority of people dislike Nero

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. It's just that Nero dislikers can be pretty vocal, and a lot of people don't like Septem in general.

On this summer banner I mostly just want Nero, Nito, and Nobu. I do like Salter's swimsuit maid design so I might roll any leftover quartz on her banner.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
That's a summer event. Gudaguda2 is the next ingame event. The only thing inbetween the two in JP was the release of a game in a separate app only available on April Fools Day.

Oh damn, I thought it's an april fools thing lol.

Dude Nero and Raikou have a massive fanbase. The massive amounts of doujins for both alone dwarf others.

I'm going for nero caster and nobu zerker.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much everyone in the first banner is good.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care that much about 'good' gameplay wise tbh, I just want characters I like. So for me, I want Maid Alter.

I'd also roll on the first banner for Nero and Nito, but I plan to roll for Melt and maybe Kiara during CCC so I won't have that many quartz for summer meaning the second banner takes priority.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Nero Caster is the strongest offensive Caster in the game and Summer Raiko is one of the best Lancers in the game as well.

Also they are both hugely popular. I plan on taking Nero to 100 10 10 10 right away.

Also Fran is a great ST Saber with crazy good NP gain. Artoria Rider is an Artoria so of course popular. Summer Nobu has awesome animations.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure this isn't true. It's just that Nero dislikers can be pretty vocal, and a lot of people don't like Septem in general.
Hmm maybe you're right. I just see a lot of comments and posts from people who dislike her, whether it be because of her character or the fact that there's no real reason why they changed the gender, so I figured that was the consensus.
Nero Caster is the strongest offensive Caster in the game and Summer Raiko is one of the best Lancers in the game as well.

Also they are both hugely popular. I plan on taking Nero to 100 10 10 10 right away.

Also Fran is a great ST Saber with crazy good NP gain. Artoria Rider is an Artoria so of course popular. Summer Nobu has awesome animations.
JRod remaining a man of culture lol. If she comes home I also plan to take her to 100 (when I have the grails). I don't know if I would say she indisputably the best offensive caster, but she's the only one who can do what I want in my caster team, her animations are sick, and ofc, she's Nero lol.

I guess in the half I have as not great (gameplay wise) I didn't factor in the Artoria fan base. It's just difficult in my mind to justify going for a 5* servant that isn't that good. She's an alright support, and can be decent offensively with good help, but it feels like such a heavy investment for not a significant reward. But if you love the character I guess it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

I've only really started playing since this January even though my account was made during last summer's event. All the maintance quartz that I received in that gap gave me enough to get First Hassan in two 10 rolls (I also wasted one 10 roll in the story gatcha when I had no idea what it was and i was still in the tutorial....) and that was great incentive to keep playing and keep that account.

Only really want Summer Mordred and Martha (wouldn't say no to Archer Artoria....) from the rerun, really want Caster Nero from this years event, would be pretty happy with the other 3 summer servants on her banner too, Fran would be awesome, Nobu da gawd and Nitocris... thicc. I like Raiko and Alter Rider but I won't have the quartz to invest in that banner, also need to start saving for umufest.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I need both Raikous which is my goal of the year. Also expand my range of servants to have 1 ST and 1 AOE NP per class. In other news, they should expand AP pools to beyond 130 range at the 120 level range. Like its really annoying going to sleep and having to do work and find out you've been at full AP for a while.

If AP was at 150ish at least farming wouldn't be so much of a pain and it would take a good 12 1/2 hours for a full reload.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Strictly speaking character design Maid Alter looks damn cool, to me the most interesting Rider and I still have no SSR Rider, so I was planning to roll on her banner, but constantly hearing how much she sucks makes me doubt that decision. Also, I consider the 1st Summer banner having the more attractive SR Servants, so that makes it even more difficult. I should be happy if I somehow manage to get at least one SSR and one SR Summer 2019 Servant.

To my knowledge Kaleidoscope only had one rate up, and it happened one month after the game's release.
A quick ctrl-f of Cirnopedia's JP summon list returned no results, so looks like there aren't any.
Sadly kspcope and black grail are 100% rateupless from now on I think.

A solo rate up of either would make them so much bank too.
Yeah, sucks, but thanks for checking. Maybe I'll get it as consolation prize next time I spend 600+ SQ without summoning the Servant I'm going for.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
My main targets for Summer are Fran (because she has pink hair and I want every Servant with pink hair) and Raikou (for, um, plot-related reasons). I'd also be really happy to get Nito (she may not be a real animal-ear Servant, but she looks like one), Malter (maid, yo!), and/or Nero (complete the set).

When a character I want has good gameplay, that's a bonus for me, but I won't roll for someone just for gameplay reasons. Anymore, at least. Rolling for gameplay never got me my target in the past.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My main targets for Summer are Fran (because she has pink hair and I want every Servant with pink hair) and Raikou (for, um, plot-related reasons). I'd also be really happy to get Nito (she may not be a real animal-ear Servant, but she looks like one), Malter (maid, yo!), and/or Nero (complete the set).

When a character I want has good gameplay, that's a bonus for me, but I won't roll for someone just for gameplay reasons. Anymore, at least. Rolling for gameplay never got me my target in the past.

Yup. I only roll for like of the character.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
I just need Raikou, getting anyone else in addition to Raikou is gravy. I would say that I roll only if I like a character, but this game makes most of the characters likable enough for me so saying that wouldn't mean much.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

I try to have about 450 SQ for each banner I really want (E.g Tamamo Lancer), and 300 for stuff that are nice but I can live without (e.g Merlin). I adjust my next banner target if I got something super early or late in the banner. I never tried being greedy and going for NP2 though.

I want Summer Fran, but I wouldn't object to Summer Nero as well. Helps that they are on the same banner. I'll roll till I get Nero and hopefully get more than 1 Fran while doing so. Not much else is of interest to me this year except Hokusai (who may very well be next year). Eresh is nice too, but I already have a lvl 100 TamaLancer.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
Oh damn, I thought it's an april fools thing lol.

Dude Nero and Raikou have a massive fanbase. The massive amounts of doujins for both alone dwarf others.

I'm going for nero caster and nobu zerker.

Yea that tripped me up cause both of them are extremely well liked. That being said I know at least with Raikou, people who don't like her are extremely vocal about it.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who doesn't have many favorites (and I already have most of them anyway) and tends to roll for gameplay first, I too ran into the issue of being unsure how much to allot to a banner, so I did the research and worked on my own calendar for the entire year. Every instance of quartz and tickets we will get every month, and then every banner that month I want to roll on. It looks something like this:

Once I work out roughly how much we're gonna get on the year, I can ration out tickets and quartz across many banners and cast a wide net. I don't have any specific thing I would save up 1000 quartz for; I rather throw my rolls around a lot of banners.

But I say all of that to say this: having done this for two years now, if you're logging in every day and doing all of the events to completion, all of your strenghenings and interludes and bonding up servants, we roughly get 1200 quartz a year, an average of 100 a month. Just with that knowledge you can create a plan if you like.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
>A good majority of people dislike Nero

On this summer banner I mostly just want Nero, Nito, and Nobu. I do like Salter's swimsuit maid design so I might roll any leftover quartz on her banner.

Oh no, I can guarantee that Nero is the worst character in the franchise and is hated by 90% of people who know Fate. You can trust me on this. :D

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
People usually like Fate/Extra Nero, but even fans admit that she isn't that great of a character in any Fate media release afterwards. It also doesn't help that Nasu got jealous of Urobuchi for creating the charismatic Iskandar that was very popular with fans, and in retaliation created Nero stating "that this is how my version of Iskandar would act". This jealousy spread to other games where in Extella she basically BTFO of Iskandar in the story.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I'm going to RAIN quartz for NP5 Raikou, only servant I'm aiming for in summer, although if I got maid alter as well I wouldn't mind.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a lot of currency. When I first started this game the thread warned me about how difficult it is to get rare servants so I set my expectations very low. I am aiming for 1 SSR servants per year, and around 3 SR servants. We get enough to roll for that many based on the numbers I gave before.

Last year I didn't roll that often and I got very lucky so I came into this year with a bit more resources, meaning I could aim for 2 SSRs. For 2019 my servant is list is:

First Hassan (cost 480 quartz)
Nero Caster
Nobu Summer (same banner so don't need additional resources)
Raikou Lancer

Means I need 300 pulls worth for summer. My current resource amount if you want to know is
480 quartz and 83 tickets
so assuming I continue to remain strong I should reach that target. Depending on how that goes will depend on how much I spend on Poster Girl. Never pulled just for a CE before so haven't decided what to do there.

I majored in mathematics and work in finance so being overly analytical is what I do haha. I'm probably being ott about it but this is how I like to play the game.
Ah, with a shortlist like that. I can see how it's possible.
Made myself some fate themed hole-punch wallpapers for the S10E lol.
Those are pretty neat, helps that Fate has a symbol that matches up.
As someone who doesn't have many favorites (and I already have most of them anyway) and tends to roll for gameplay first, I too ran into the issue of being unsure how much to allot to a banner, so I did the research and worked on my own calendar for the entire year. Every instance of quartz and tickets we will get every month, and then every banner that month I want to roll on. It looks something like this:

Once I work out roughly how much we're gonna get on the year, I can ration out tickets and quartz across many banners and cast a wide net. I don't have any specific thing I would save up 1000 quartz for; I rather throw my rolls around a lot of banners.

But I say all of that to say this: having done this for two years now, if you're logging in every day and doing all of the events to completion, all of your strenghenings and interludes and bonding up servants, we roughly get 1200 quartz a year, an average of 100 a month. Just with that knowledge you can create a plan if you like.
Thanks -- maybe this is something I should try doing as well -- the data's all out there, after all...

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Summer ishtar is the most important summer servant but otherwise I'm Going for at least NP2 summer raiko.

Can't stand zerker raikos (though her np is imo conceptually the coolest in the game) but lancer raikos is great.

Only really want motomaid Salter to complete moto NP trifecta with her krider and sishtar. She seems pretty shit otherwise.

I kind want a nobu zerker because of her FA, animations, and the animated equaliser on her sprite, seems like her np damage is super low tho, and I would rather not chance getting a Nero.

Status
Not open for further replies.