• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qon

Oct 25, 2017
I always see people saying they're saving for summer, but I'm curious, what servants are people actually aiming for? I'm wondering because half the servants aren't that good this time around, a good majority of people dislike Nero and Raikou, so that basically leaves Nobu and Fran. I'm questioning if when people say they're saving for summer they mean the 2018 rerun.

Summer Umu.

Rider Salter is in an awkward spot cause she's pretty poor gameplay-wise, but there aren't many other SSR Rider waifus I like. Drake is okay cause she's Wada Arco but her appearance in Last Encore kind of soured me on her.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
How many people here follow the JP game story and know all the details for which servants appear/have roles in the remaining Remnants and Lostbelts? Outside of the ones on the summon banners, I mean.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've only really started playing since this January even though my account was made during last summer's event. All the maintance quartz that I received in that gap gave me enough to get First Hassan in two 10 rolls (I also wasted one 10 roll in the story gatcha when I had no idea what it was and i was still in the tutorial....) and that was great incentive to keep playing and keep that account.

Only really want Summer Mordred and Martha (wouldn't say no to Archer Artoria....) from the rerun, really want Caster Nero from this years event, would be pretty happy with the other 3 summer servants on her banner too, Fran would be awesome, Nobu da gawd and Nitocris... thicc. I like Raiko and Alter Rider but I won't have the quartz to invest in that banner, also need to start saving for umufest.
Not going to lie, the temptation to go for Nito just for the final ascension art is high.
Yea that tripped me up cause both of them are extremely well liked. That being said I know at least with Raikou, people who don't like her are extremely vocal about it.
This is the thing, it's hard to not think everyone dislikes them when their haters are so vocal. I was on caster Nero's wiki the other day and I saw so many comments that were along the lines of "I got her even though I hate her". Maybe because she's my favourite I'm just more triggered by them.
Summer Umu.

Rider Salter is in an awkward spot cause she's pretty poor gameplay-wise, but there aren't many other SSR Rider waifus I like. Drake is okay cause she's Wada Arco but her appearance in Last Encore kind of soured me on her.
Have you played Extra? I liked her in that. She was funny and sort of like a big sister to Shinji.
How many people here follow the JP game story and know all the details for which servants appear/have roles in the remaining Remnants and Lostbelts? Outside of the ones on the summon banners, I mean.
I actively avoid everything. I know all the servants that are in the game but I don't know when/if they appear in the story. The only one I know about is Agartha because I asked someone in the thread for details on it.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Man farming embers like they are going outta style. Got like 250 archer embers. Berserker embers are being saved for Raikou. 450 should be good for her since Ill get more till her banner is up.

Casters also got a nice bump in embers but Im spreading it out between my low levels and leveling up Gil caster.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of new characters, I always know who's coming since I've looked over the summon list so much. In terms of appearances by old characters, I don't know as much.
If anything, it will have the opposite affect as what happens to her their is horrible and it tarnishes her character. general the whole story arc is horrible, and I can't believe they give the Septem's writer another chance to write anything.
Don't blame Sakurai for Agartha. There isn't an official list of authors for EoR (other than Nasu writing SERAPH), but the general consensus (backed up by a leak from Bilibili) is that Higashide wrote Shinjuku, Minase (Prisma Ilya) wrote Agartha, Sakurai wrote Shimosa, and Meteo (worked on F/HA) wrote Salem.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
In terms of new characters, I always know who's coming since I've looked over the summon list so much. In terms of appearances by old characters, I don't know as much.

Don't blame Sakurai for Agartha. There isn't an official list of authors for EoR (other than Nasu writing SERAPH), but the general consensus (backed up by a leak from Bilibili) is that Higashide wrote Shinjuku, Minase (Prisma Ilya) wrote Agartha, Sakurai wrote Shimosa, and Meteo (worked on F/HA) wrote Salem.
Okay, my apologies for shaming her name. Still, there is so many strange decisions done in Agartha story that I'm wondering how someone thought that was actually good enoughto be released. I'm still facepalming at the reasoning they used yo explain the abundance amount of female warriors you fight in the story.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, my apologies for shaming her name. Still, there is so many strange decisions done in Agartha story that I'm wondering how someone thought that was actually good enoughto be released. I'm still facepalming at the reasoning they used yo explain the abundance amount of female warriors you fight in the story.
What's the reason they gave?

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
As an advance cautionary note since discussion is moving in that direction: can we try to keep detailed Agartha spoilers behind tags until the NA release?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Agartha had fights i found more annoying than any CCC event challenge, but maybe having my own Waver will allow me some easy strats this time around.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, to cycle back to this:
As someone who doesn't have many favorites (and I already have most of them anyway) and tends to roll for gameplay first, I too ran into the issue of being unsure how much to allot to a banner, so I did the research and worked on my own calendar for the entire year. Every instance of quartz and tickets we will get every month, and then every banner that month I want to roll on. It looks something like this:

Once I work out roughly how much we're gonna get on the year, I can ration out tickets and quartz across many banners and cast a wide net. I don't have any specific thing I would save up 1000 quartz for; I rather throw my rolls around a lot of banners.

But I say all of that to say this: having done this for two years now, if you're logging in every day and doing all of the events to completion, all of your strenghenings and interludes and bonding up servants, we roughly get 1200 quartz a year, an average of 100 a month. Just with that knowledge you can create a plan if you like.
Would you please be willing to share the free ticket/quartz numbers you derived for each month going forward? I assume that for events/chapter releases that have quartz clear rewards for each quest (including free quests), those are all assigned to the day the event/chapter starts?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Would you please be willing to share the free ticket/quartz numbers you derived for each month going forward? I assume that for events/chapter releases that have quartz clear rewards for each quest (including free quests), those are all assigned to the day the event/chapter starts?
Someone shared an excel spreadsheet with the predictions for 2019 based on JP a while back. I'll see if I can find it and edit this post if I do.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017

Someone shared an excel spreadsheet with the predictions for 2019 based on JP a while back. I'll see if I can find it and edit this post if I do.
Gotcha covered.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I may be remembering wrong in some details, but think of the Amazons from Futurama but way more bloodthirsty. They capture, abuse, and rape any man they see so that they can get pregnant, and because of magic birth happens in a matter of minutes.
Well, that's... a reason. If the entire chapter is written in that kind of way, i can see why ppl severely dislike it.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
I roll for anger and gameplay. It helps if the banner ce's are worthwhile too. Might buy a $80 pack for the next gssr but I'm undecided considering the selection.

Lump me in with those who hate Umu. She's been terrible in everything I've seen so far and I'm not playing 4-5 dynasty warrior games to get to know her. Raikou has had enough discussion. Summer servants are just p2p costumes. Exceptions are: Nobu cause NOBBU, summer BB for gameplay, and MHXX for mecha and Notes easter egg.

For EoR stuff, I only know the initial plot setups, servants, and that Agartha sucks. I've spoiled everything for Lostbelts. Lore is my fetish and I'm going to forget most of it by the time it's officially translated anyway.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017

Sure. Caveat: I do include expected social media campaign rewards and maintenance quartz in my stuff, so the numbers are generally ballpark but not guaranteed. And of course, stuff may move around. EX Clairvoyance not guaranteed.

April: 12 tickets, 36 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards + Guda2 event), maybe extra 10 quartz for april fools
May: 24 tickets, 74 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, x million download campaign, SE.RA.PH event, 700 days anniversary), up to 7 more quartz for strengthening quests (Billy, Sanson, Medb, Astolfo, Siegfried, Serenity, Boudica)
June: 32 tickets, 40 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Rashoumon rerun, Onigashima rerun), potential one extra quartz for Ibaraki Douji interlude
July: 28 tickets, 160 quartz* (weekly/monthly rewards, Agartha singularity, 3rd Anniversary, Summer 2018 rerun), up to 5 more quartz for Cu Alter, Jalter, David, Billy & Li Shuwen interludes
August: 10 tickets, 42 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Summer 2019 event), up to 14 more quartz for strengthening quests (Shakespeare, MHXA, d'Eon, Amakusa, Babbage, Sanzang, Edison, Tesla, Jing Ke, Enkidu, Spartacus, MHX, Fionn, Karna)
September: 29 tickets, 38 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Nerofest 2019, 800 days anniversary, x downloads campaign)
October: 10 tickets, 67 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Halloween 2018 rerun, Shimosa singularity), up to 4 more quartz for Gawain, Saberlot, Lancer Vlad & Rama interludes
November: 23 tickets, 80 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Halloween 2019, Christmas 2018 rerun, x downloads/Thanksgiving campaign), up to 3 more quartz for Ozy, Sanzang & Cleopatra interludes
December: 12 tickets, 105 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Salem singularity, Christmas 2019 event, 900 days anniversary, Lostbelt prologue), up to 4 more quartz for Jaguar Man, Quetzalcotal, Nezha & Caster of Midrash interludes

*10 quartz retroactive reward added for completing each singularity

Also include about six 50 day login rewards for 20 quartz each. Where they fall depends on your account.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
More SQ is more SQ. And I wouldn't even have been able to play during the downtime (AP was refreshing), so it was all good for me.

I finally managed to snag one of Nobu's ascension items thanks to the bronze currency that drops from the gold node. Now that the vital bronze items are out of the way, I'll finally be able to begin buying *checks store* embers and Fous. Wow. Usually there are some mats for bronze currency. I hope the later nodes have really good drop rates, or else this event will be a huge pain.

At least Nobu was nice enough to have some variety of enhanced success when I was feeding her after her ascension. I have 77 gold Archer embers left, so without any more enhanced successes, I should be able to get her to level 65.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. Caveat: I do include expected social media campaign rewards and maintenance quartz in my stuff, so the numbers are generally ballpark but not guaranteed. And of course, stuff may move around. EX Clairvoyance not guaranteed.

April: 12 tickets, 36 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards + Guda2 event), maybe extra 10 quartz for april fools
May: 24 tickets, 74 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, x million download campaign, SE.RA.PH event, 700 days anniversary), up to 7 more quartz for strengthening quests (Billy, Sanson, Medb, Astolfo, Siegfried, Serenity, Boudica)
June: 32 tickets, 40 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Rashoumon rerun, Onigashima rerun), potential one extra quartz for Ibaraki Douji interlude
July: 28 tickets, 160 quartz* (weekly/monthly rewards, Agartha singularity, 3rd Anniversary, Summer 2018 rerun), up to 5 more quartz for Cu Alter, Jalter, David, Billy & Li Shuwen interludes
August: 10 tickets, 42 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Summer 2019 event), up to 14 more quartz for strengthening quests (Shakespeare, MHXA, d'Eon, Amakusa, Babbage, Sanzang, Edison, Tesla, Jing Ke, Enkidu, Spartacus, MHX, Fionn, Karna)
September: 29 tickets, 38 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Nerofest 2019, 800 days anniversary, x downloads campaign)
October: 10 tickets, 67 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Halloween 2018 rerun, Shimosa singularity), up to 4 more quartz for Gawain, Saberlot, Lancer Vlad & Rama interludes
November: 23 tickets, 80 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Halloween 2019, Christmas 2018 rerun, x downloads/Thanksgiving campaign), up to 3 more quartz for Ozy, Sanzang & Cleopatra interludes
December: 12 tickets, 105 quartz (weekly/monthly rewards, Salem singularity, Christmas 2019 event, 900 days anniversary, Lostbelt prologue), up to 4 more quartz for Jaguar Man, Quetzalcotal, Nezha & Caster of Midrash interludes

*10 quartz retroactive reward added for completing each singularity

Also include about six 50 day login rewards for 20 quartz each. Where they fall depends on your account.
Thanks for this too; I'll use it in combination with the other chart to make sure all the numbers look right, though I might just use the chart to easily visually track summon banners and use your numbers as the month benchmarks, since it's really hard to make the numbers between your list and the chart line up.

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much avoid it as much as I can. I'd rather experience it for myself when we get there. I also don't really trust JP people's takes on the characters any more after going through Babylonia myself and realising that pretty much everything that was said about Ishtar was nonsense.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why they kept the rerun so long, 16(?) Days is no joke for what is essentially one node just changing classes.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Last node being the best for gold currency is expected. But, which one the most optimal for farming silver & bronze currency tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.