• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn the drop rates for this event are just as trash as they were last time.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah event is kind of a bummer. Even getting to 1 million points for all the Nobus seems like a pain in the ass.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Heavens Feel part 2 today. Hype!
Have fun. Loved it and definitely worth watching it on the big screen.

I'm hitting the proofs/claw node for now since i need proofs
I need tons of proofs, but with a full lineup of Event Servants it takes too damn long for me to run this 10 AP node. Tires me out.
So after having enough bronze currency to buy the Guda-O CE I switched back to the 20 AP node in order to burn my AP faster.
Guess I'll level Nobu a bit more (currently sitting at Level 30).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Have fun. Loved it and definitely worth watching it on the big screen.

I need tons of proofs, but with a full lineup of Event Servants it takes too damn long for me to run this 10 AP node. Tires me out.
So after having enough bronze currency to buy the Guda-O CE I switched back to the 20 AP node in order to burn my AP faster.
Guess I'll level Nobu a bit more (currently sitting at Level 30).
I'm running the first 40 AP node for proofs

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I'd love to go with that node as well, but for the 1st week gamepress recommends the 10 AP and 20 AP nodes for Masters without Poster Girl CE.
Feels like I'm getting doubly punished for not having it.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with materials is that I have a vague idea that I probably need more proofs, but don't really know how many or for whom. Haven't set up any kind of spreadsheet for skills; normally I just buy out every event shop if possible so I don't worry about prioritizing.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to go with that node as well, but for the 1st week gamepress recommends the 10 AP and 20 AP nodes for Masters without Poster Girl CE.
Feels like I'm getting doubly punished for not having it.
I don't have it either, but I'm running the 40 node just because I'd like to make some progress toward getting the last two shop CEs.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nerofest has proofs, 3 per box .

I need 336 of them so I'll chill till then and go ham.

Is it bad that I actually checked when booking my vacation to make sure wasn't around then?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My issue with materials is that I have a vague idea that I probably need more proofs, but don't really know how many or for whom. Haven't set up any kind of spreadsheet for skills; normally I just buy out every event shop if possible so I don't worry about prioritizing.
You can make a copy of this sheet and just fill in the information on the control panel tab if you want to keep track of things. I don't know how up to date it is as I use my own one, but this is the one I see going around most of the time.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i've just seen Heaven Feel part 2. Gotta say, that movie was great.
Berserker vs saber alter fight was a delight, showing Berserker pure strength and will and Saber Alter overwhelming force.
The visual representations for stuff like archer arm circuits and the shadow were also perfect.
Went with some friends that also like the series, and they thought that this was the best Fate story they saw of the whole bunch.
Still like the other routes better, but man, this movie was a visual delight from start to finish, and i can't wait to see the third one.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
You can make a copy of this sheet and just fill in the information on the control panel tab if you want to keep track of things. I don't know how up to date it is as I use my own one, but this is the one I see going around most of the time.
Hmm, I have a local sheet that I already use to keep track of materials, so I guess I could use that one but it looks a bit tricky to read.
The more important thing I need to do is first figure out which skills I should be leveling in the first place, and how much...

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i've just seen Heaven Feel part 2. Gotta say, that movie was great.
Berserker vs saber alter fight was a delight, showing Berserker pure strength and will and Saber Alter overwhelming force.
The visual representations for stuff like archer arm circuits and the shadow were also perfect.
Went with some friends that also like the series, and they thought that this was the best Fate story they saw of the whole bunch.
Still like the other routes better, but man, this movie was a visual delight from start to finish, and i can't wait to see the third one.

Yup. It was really good.

The Saber Alter Vs Herc fight was the highlight of the movie. The effects they used were dope. Cursed arm sucks so bad. So many servants getting bitched out is crazy.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heaven's Feel part 2 was alright.

This route was always very backloaded, and it kinda shows here. Movie is mostly just build up for the 3rd movie.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. It was really good.

The Saber Alter Vs Herc fight was the highlight of the movie. The effects they used were dope. Cursed arm sucks so bad. So many servants getting bitched out is crazy.
Cursed arm just getting the shit kicked out of him by archer and lancer last film was pretty funny. It really goes a long way to show that this type of servant is made to kill masters, not do servants-servants fights.

Heaven's Feel part 2 was alright.

This route was always very backloaded, and it kinda shows here. Movie is mostly just build up for the 3rd movie.
Yeah, would not be suprised the third movie cost more than the first two to make considering the amount of stuff that happens in the climax.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
How much should I worry about trying to get Cu Alter for myself? Or is being able to just get him as a friend support fine for what he's used for, even if I don't have other support servants myself to back him up?

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Huh, that's pretty neat, I just keep mine in a evernote note, though it's kind of messy, but I like having it easy to access. I might have that a try depend on how easy it is to use.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah isn't cu alter just 5 star Heracles.
Not really. Heracles' thing is that he's great for solos. CuZilla can do solos and can do very well in them under the right conditions, but he works better in a team environment in which there are other Servants who can take the occasional hit. He'll probably be the last man standing, but once it's down to just him, CuZilla won't last nearly as long as Heracles.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I have a local sheet that I already use to keep track of materials, so I guess I could use that one but it looks a bit tricky to read.
The more important thing I need to do is first figure out which skills I should be leveling in the first place, and how much...
Well I mean you can always ask here what skills you should be levelling for what servants.
How much should I worry about trying to get Cu Alter for myself? Or is being able to just get him as a friend support fine for what he's used for, even if I don't have other support servants myself to back him up?
Cu is one of those units that is viable with a lot of different supports imo, not just the top ones. For instance someone like Leonidas is good as he provides 3 turn buster support and keeps the enemies off Cu, giving him even more survivability. He's one of those "safe bet" servants imo.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Heracles' thing is that he's great for solos. CuZilla can do solos and can do very well in them under the right conditions, but he works better in a team environment in which there are other Servants who can take the occasional hit. He'll probably be the last man standing, but once it's down to just him, CuZilla won't last nearly as long as Heracles.

Ah gotcha.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I was gonna throw some summons in for CuZilla day but I think you just inadvertently talked me out of it.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna throw some summons in for CuZilla day but I think you just inadvertently talked me out of it.
To be fair, Herc becomes amazing when you bond 10 him and get his Guts x2 CE, before that Cu Alter is better at dealing more dmg during most turns while surviving and having less chances to get crit out of existance when your evade runs out imo.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I do have Herc with his bond CE, so I guess Cu wouldn't exactly fill a huge gap I'm missing or anything? Plus he'll have more frequent rateups on class and singularity banners, though all the other possible options there would be more restricted than the general "male only" set with the current banner.
Well I mean you can always ask here what skills you should be levelling for what servants.
True; I'm just generally reluctant to divulge what I have for whatever reason.
Appmedia does have this guide with recommended skill levels, with both a "minimum" and "ideal" set for each servant; I've used that before. https://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/1427475
(They also have their own page that lets you select servants and indicate how much you want to level them, then gives you a required materials readout: https://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/1472238)

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Herc becomes amazing when you bond 10 him and get his Guts x2 CE, before that Cu Alter is better at dealing more dmg during most turns while surviving and having less chances to get crit out of existance when your evade runs out imo.

Yeah, I have Herc at bond 10 now. I just rationalized rolling on today's banner as "maybe I can get a 5* ST berserker and/or maybe Arthur" but after reading a bit here it seems like Herc will do just fine for the foreseeable future? He's already clutching harder fights for me as the last man standing.

And let's be honest, the game hasn't given me anything for roughly 255 days. Why would it start now? Lol

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
I am a Cu Alter enthusiast, and I also have a bond 10 Herc that carried me for the first six months of the game. The main difference in them is how they play. Herc shines as a last resort. If you're fine letting your team wipe, and having Herc there as clean-up, then use him for that. If you front line him he's just a fragile target (admittedly a very powerful one) who lacks flexibility in the CE slot if you bring his bond CE.

Cu Alter however, is a flexibility king. Anywhere in any lineup, against almost any enemy, he will carry you. He's naturally powerful and has a survival kit built in, so you can really slap any CE you want on him. His NP gain is pretty good, his star gen is decent, he's extremely self sufficient and PfA is a cheat code. Strangely enough his one weakness is that his NP isn't as powerful as you might think it is. Kintoki and Herc can easily out burst him on an NP. But face cards? He keeps up despite not having his own attack up skill (he has one on his NP though).

Both of them are cheaters, it just depends on when you want to activate your cheat code. At the start, it's Cu. At the end, it's Herc.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cu Alter is much better than herc, he works much better as a front line zerker and can backline almost as well with the mercury CE.

Never mind his damage ceiling being way higher.

Barring supports I'd say say cu alter is the single best unit in the game.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Threw a bunch of tickets at both the Okita and Cu Alter banners and got nothing of substance in return. Going to really need to prioritize what's worth it in the coming months.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am a Cu Alter enthusiast, and I also have a bond 10 Herc that carried me for the first six months of the game. The main difference in them is how they play. Herc shines as a last resort. If you're fine letting your team wipe, and having Herc there as clean-up, then use him for that. If you front line him he's just a fragile target (admittedly a very powerful one) who lacks flexibility in the CE slot if you bring his bond CE.

Cu Alter however, is a flexibility king. Anywhere in any lineup, against almost any enemy, he will carry you. He's naturally powerful and has a survival kit built in, so you can really slap any CE you want on him. His NP gain is pretty good, his star gen is decent, he's extremely self sufficient and PfA is a cheat code. Strangely enough his one weakness is that his NP isn't as powerful as you might think it is. Kintoki and Herc can easily out burst him on an NP. But face cards? He keeps up despite not having his own attack up skill (he has one on his NP though).

Both of them are cheaters, it just depends on when you want to activate your cheat code. At the start, it's Cu. At the end, it's Herc.

You talked me into it.

(30 free SQ and 2 tickets later)

VbjwMww.jpg

O-oh....not today I suppose.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least he gets better.

Honestly though when it comes to prioritising summons that aren't for husbando or waifu reasons I tend to prioritise servants who are good at farming more. I've barely used say, Musashi, compared to so many other servants

Status
Not open for further replies.