• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I've seen people saying they want some rest between the back to back gudaguda.

And to that I say that they are weak.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mostly just want a break so I can spend my AP catching up on the story (without needing to spend apples).

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I get the cutscenes, I'm normally quite a bit behind at the start of events because of them. But the tail end of events aren't really any different than dead weeks, barring rashumon and it's BP, that one burnt me out.

The second week of the more boring events basically are dead weeks imo.

Unless you're catching up like chrono, but then its not really a dead week for you.

But I also have no problem with capping AP all the time during events.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how spending 5 minutes doing 3 40 ap nodes is any longer in an event than a dead week.
Well, the battles are harder than the dailies, for one. Not everyone can finish three of those battles in only 5 minutes.

And I imagine people who want to get the Crystallized Lore would need to do a bit more than just doing 3 40 AP nodes every now and then, unless maybe if they can afford to fill all the slots with the drop multiplier CEs.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, turns out a lot of these comparisons between the JP server and the NA server are disingenuous af. As in almost every single one factors in the maintenance SQ JP received (due to it being a broken game year one) to make it seem worse than it actually is.

If you take away the maintenance SQ (which you obviously should), giveaway wise there's actually not much difference between the servers when just looking at SQ. Sorry to bring this back up, but I think it's kinda important info to know rather than let the fake news spread that we're like 100+ SQ down or whatever when that's not really the case. The main problem seems to be that FGO NA's giveaways were front loaded so new players are getting shafted. When they do things like not give us the 10 SQ that JP got for April Fools it probably actually is because of what we received at the start of the game and there probably is a hard limit to the amount they can give away.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When they do things like not give us the 10 SQ that JP got for April Fools it probably actually is because of what we received at the start of the game and there probably is a hard limit to the amount they can give away.

That doesn't make it any less of a fuck you. Especially as someone who started well after the front loaded sq.

Also I think there was a chart out there and the front loaded sq evened out with np a long time back, and if so wouldn't be relevant anymore regardless.

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't make it any less of a fuck you. Especially as someone who started well after the front loaded sq.

Also I think there was a chart out there and the front loaded sq evened out with np a long time back, and if so wouldn't be relevant anymore regardless.
I don't disagree that it sucks for new players.

Someone on reddit did the maths for year two:
So at similar time frames, JP had 38 maintenance's. Including the bugfix, they had a total of 153 apologems. Meaning 234 SQ are from campaigns, master missions, etc (I subtracted from 387 instead of 394 cause for whatever reason it lists 7M DLs as 7SQ instead of tickets). NA had 22 maintenance's. Including the bug fix, they had a total of 89 apologems. Meaning 231 SQ are from campaigns, master missions, etc.

So in total we're missing a whopping 3 SQ.

I cba trawling through the data myself so I'll just take this at face value as I did when folks were saying we were 100+ behind.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just not going to trust any of the math that I don't do myself, and I can't be assed to do it if I'm being honest. There's definitely weird agendas being fought on both sides.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
jIvRLe3.png

This was what I meant.

Granted I can't verify weather this counts maintenance sq or whaysince the sheet is now blocked but jp ended up with more going by that.

Regardless as someone who started on that tiny ass blip of a february it's pretty shit in general.

That said sq has never been my primary concern, just how they run the server in general.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's the thing - none of us here can be arsed to do it so you're relying on people who have their own agendas.

Ultimately - for me - I can at least understand this now which means while I think it's shit, it's easier to stomach.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the battles are harder than the dailies, for one. Not everyone can finish three of those battles in only 5 minutes.
Yeah I was confused by this as well. Unless you're Touhou with a top of the line device and a plethora of useful farming servants I don't see how people would be doing 3 event runs in 5 minutes.

And then there's those doing refreshes for points and mats. Very different situation to a week off.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
jIvRLe3.png

This was what I meant.

Granted I can't verify weather this counts maintenance sq or whaysince the sheet is now blocked but jp ended up with more going by that.

Regardless as someone who started on that tiny ass blip of a february it's pretty shit in general.

That said sq has never been my primary concern, just how they run the server in general.
That April spike at least is definitely maintenance quartz.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Been holding off getting the final CE from the shop to get some extra QP, but I hadn't got the drop (3 drops, all Okita) and needed it as I'm still a fair bit behind on the Shin ladder, and I won't be able to play on the final day due to a 12 hour flight. Ofc I get the drop not long after.

I dislike this game.

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
So of all the content in the CCC Prerelease campaign, only the 1/2 AP Story period extends past the 22nd of April.

The pre-CCC banner with all the buffed servants for the CCC chapter, the 1/2 AP Interludes and Rank-Ups, the quest for the new Mystic Code, they all end on the 22nd.

Hmmmmm.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Been holding off getting the final CE from the shop to get some extra QP, but I hadn't got the drop (3 drops, all Okita) and needed it as I'm still a fair bit behind on the Shin ladder, and I won't be able to play on the final day due to a 12 hour flight. Ofc I get the drop not long after.

I dislike this game.
I was dumb and already bought all of them fairly early, but only got the 6th one today from my first civ run. My first 2 CE drops were also Okita.
No internet on the flight? I actually played some FGO on my last flights due to 20 MB free. I was also the guy playing FGO on my tablet using the airport wifi. :D

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just rotating between the final Noda and Shinsengumi Nodes, they're easy, super fast and give better drops. Civ takes a few more turns and drops jack shit dunno why you would do it unless you had no choice.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I recommend using the civ to bring both points up to the last 100k and then just do each side individually to actually finish the ladder while not using too many apples to get mat drops too.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished clearing out the shop. I think that's the first time I've done that since Xmas. Now I just need to finish off the ladders. I have ~90k Shinsengumi and ~150k Oda points left to go. Time to run the points node for the first time and see what I get.

FAKE EDIT: 25k Oda and 11k Shinsengumi. That's not bad, and it took about the same amount of turns as running one of the gold nodes. There's only today and tomorrow left, so I think I'll use it until I finish one of the ladders.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish event drops were a bit more consistent between runs. Sometimes you might get 10 stacks of something, and the next run you'll get 16, and the next you'll get 8.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Fate strange fake v.5 spoilers seeing that there's a trial read now (no full book yet)

Remember the GoB key Gil threw away at the start?

Ishtar has got it

Gil ultimate jobber status reaffirmed.

UKN0ppt.jpg

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Good grail choice. :)
(Though I would like a bit more space between the "Lv." and "100". I wonder whether it looks any different in the japanese version)

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Got 1 million with both factions and done with this event. Now im stuck in qp hell for the forseeable future because skill ups are costly.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
So looks like it's Martha Ruler's time to shine in the upcoming event? It's been a while I've used her. Might have to do some leveling of her skills.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I was dumb and already bought all of them fairly early, but only got the 6th one today from my first civ run. My first 2 CE drops were also Okita.
No internet on the flight? I actually played some FGO on my last flights due to 20 MB free. I was also the guy playing FGO on my tablet using the airport wifi. :D
I actually forgot about that haha. BA were a bit slow to update their planes with wifi but I believe most of them have them as of this year. Ah well, I now only need 3 pages and 50k points so I'm nearly done. Overall been a pretty good event for me. Burned a ton of apples as well which was good.
So looks like it's Martha Ruler's time to shine in the upcoming event? It's been a while I've used her. Might have to do some leveling of her skills.
I actually grailed her for the rare moon cancers battles and the fact that there's (still) not another Ruler I like. I regret it because the usage is low but at least she'll come in handy now.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody ever targeted a summon banner not to get a new servant, but specifically to try to get a servant to a higher NP level, particularly for limited servants?

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
How many damage+ ce's are needed to comfortably run the westernization node? I need 200k on both ladders and the cq still but I lack time and willpower now. Tomorrow me will worry about burning apples before reset.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Has anybody ever targeted a summon banner not to get a new servant, but specifically to try to get a servant to a higher NP level, particularly for limited servants?
I've only done that for Jalter's second banner to get her to NP2, which worked out for me fortunately enough. I happened to get a second copy of Ishtar when I was pulling to try to MLB First Sunrise after failing to pull Musashi during the New Year's banner, but I wasn't counting on getting Ishtar instead. While I would like to do that for more of my limited Servants, it's just not a worthwhile investment on most banners as your chances of getting any decent compensation (be it other worthwhile 5* Servants or CEs) is so low.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh I can't get into the game and there is no update for it either? Anyone else having issues?

Yeah it's bad right now. New banner with 2 popular servants so I guess it's understandable. Edit: Oh. Didn't realize they removed Gil from the banner.
How many damage+ ce's are needed to comfortably run the westernization node? I need 200k on both ladders and the cq still but I lack time and willpower now. Tomorrow me will worry about burning apples before reset.

I ran this with great success.

Ry2Uw42.jpg

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I got in and decided to throw 1 ticket to maybe get a CE from the new banner. First pull is a rainbow and I see saber class, get Nero Bride off very first ticket LOL.

I just wanted 2030 or a good CE or even a Emiya dupe. But I'll take it. I just have way too many Sabers for my liking but can't complain about another waifu.

Good luck to those attempting to get her. I'll throw 2 more tickets tomorrow and for when Emiya comes around. Will update this post with the pull pic once I get a chance.

Edit: Here comes the bride

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've only done that for Jalter's second banner to get her to NP2, which worked out for me fortunately enough. I happened to get a second copy of Ishtar when I was pulling to try to MLB First Sunrise after failing to pull Musashi during the New Year's banner, but I wasn't counting on getting Ishtar instead. While I would like to do that for more of my limited Servants, it's just not a worthwhile investment on most banners as your chances of getting any decent compensation (be it other worthwhile 5* Servants or CEs) is so low.
Yeah, I guess that's true. Also need to take into account that most gameplay discussion or team recommendations usually (I think) assume SR/SSR servants to be at NP1 anyway (welfares aside).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I got in and decided to throw 1 ticket to maybe get a CE from the new banner. First pull is a rainbow and I see saber class, get Nero Bride off very first ticket LOL.

I just wanted 2030 or a good CE or even a Emiya dupe. But I'll take it. I just have way too many Sabers for my liking but can't complain about another waifu.

Good luck to those attempting to get her. I'll throw 2 more tickets tomorrow and for when Emiya comes around. Will update this post with the pull pic once I get a chance.

Congrats. She's a pretty damn solid servant.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Event cleared! Maxed out both ladders and got everything from the shop except the statues, even the XP in prep for BB

MVP: MHXA
Used her for all nodes and she cut up everything in her path, including the challenge quest. Surprisingly not squishy thanks to her heal, at least when compared to other Berserkers. When I use a support Raikou, etc, often they don't make it to the boss, but MHXA rarely has that problem. Also gens NP like a champ.

Not for me. I have too many servants I want to have, before I worry about NP2+. I did hear some people suggest getting NP2 Gil + Waver + Merlin to ensure easy quest completion before rolling on servants you like.

Depends on your team strength. I ran it with a full 6 Point CE (0 Dmg CEs) since I want to be AP efficient. Takes about 12 turns with a frontline of MHXA, Helena, Waver. and a Kintoki Rider in case Babbage is annoying with his invincibiliy and gets off an NP.

Status
Not open for further replies.