• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
This'll be a slow week and a half. Guess I'll mostly focus on XP and the gold gems for classes where I have the least.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Screenshot_20190412-010954_Fate_GO.jpg

I can use my quartz whenever and however I feel like right now, I got pretty much all my most wanted 5-star characters. I mean Iskandar sure would be nice, as would Merlin, but I probably won't be actively hoarding for them, and as for the 4-stars I can just spend the guaranteed tickets or be spooked by them eventually. Feels good to be mostly "free" from the gacha.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the setups on gudaguda. I finished both points ladders and the cq with time to spare.

Since Merlin, I've saved up 630 free sq for the pre-ccc banner. Babylon educated me to roll for the King and the 5* rate-up ce's are more than worthwhile too. I had a fool's hope for a second or third 2030, a devilish bodhisattva, and three more victors and another endings to mlb; Gil would just be a bonus.

I had to bail after 420 spent sq netted me crap. I rolled way too many of the useless 4* rate-up ce's, np2 Emiya (actually glad), np3 Liz (needed aoe lancer, good), Fran (still no zerkerlot), Nero (...), and a lone 5* ce... 2030. At least I got one thing I wanted from rate-up, I don't how I'd handle being able to mlb ideal holy king ce at this point.
Archer Gilgamesh came home too so that's cool I guess.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

I can use my quartz whenever and however I feel like right now, I got pretty much all my most wanted 5-star characters. I mean Iskandar sure would be nice, as would Merlin, but I probably won't be actively hoarding for them, and as for the 4-stars I can just spend the guaranteed tickets or be spooked by them eventually. Feels good to be mostly "free" from the gacha.
Finally got him. And of course I don't have enough hearts for final ascension. :/
Screenshot-20190412-073044.png
Congrats!

Mongrels.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Did the Mystic Code quest, used a support Raikou and she died on the second turn.

Situations like this is what makes me not want to pull for her, her NP doesn't hit that hard unless the target is weak to her skills and she's literally made of paper, thus hardly usable outside her NP - Crits after NP because she wont survive. It's not the first time it has happened either, several times she didn't make it to the last stage on many nodes because she gets killed unbelievably fast.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Thing is you can plan for it. She shines when you're building a team where you know what to do for each turn. Which will be 99% of the game. One off quests where you can't predict who will be there each turn is like, 1% of the game.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I am missing something here? How do I know what enemy will hit which servant in advance AND change that outcome? Unless of course you mean your usual 3 turning.

My problem with her is that way too often she gets gutted in 2 turns by unlucky crits or being hit 2-3 times in a single turn, specially on the higher leveled nodes, and that's completely outside of my control unless I bring a servant with a draw attention skill.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I admit that this is also my main worry using her as main damage dealer after my Jalter hits max bond. I remember losing her a few times on challenging farming nodes last year. Which is why ideally I'd need two new main damage dealers.

Speaking of predicting/planning, today I went into the Lalter interlude unprepared with a mix of knight class Servants that are near their next bond level equipped with experience bonus CE's and lost on the 2nd node (Lalter with 380k HP) after already using my remaining seal on the first node. Pretty tough interlude compared to others.

Last edited:

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Berserker is the high risk high reward path. What is there to say? There are tons of defensive options across characters and CEs. Raikou isn't built to be a ST boss killer she just flexes to the role because of the crit star interaction. She's not just going to come in and stomp every challenge quest without thinking. I also can't understand how someone would think she's useless outside of NP when she has 3 turn long boosts, strong NP gain for her class, and strong general damage. She's not locked out by long ability timers or something.

OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Raikou is the premier Berserker and fulfills many roles very well... She will eventually die unless you kill your enemeis. I'm a bit confused as to the issue....

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
I am missing something here? How do I know what enemy will hit which servant in advance AND change that outcome? Unless of course you mean your usual 3 turning.

My problem with her is that way too often she gets gutted in 2 turns by unlucky crits or being hit 2-3 times in a single turn, specially on the higher leveled nodes, and that's completely outside of my control unless I bring a servant with a draw attention skill.

This is what living the Berserker life is. It's not for everyone. You either kill as fast as possible, or you bring taunt units to keep them safe. But Raikou's primary use is for farming, which is 90% of the game. She's a boss killer when her damage skill traits align. If you want sustain based Berskerers, look at Cu Alter or Ibaraki Douji.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems more details about Ufotable tax evasion has came out.
http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/16305010/
Basing on google translate, it seems that other than the 4 billion yen amount, 200 million yen is linked to charity donations that were made for the 2011 earthquake aid.
Yeah... even if they manage to pin this on only a few people in the company that will go to jail, this will probably hurt ufotable relations for a long,long while.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I think people who roll expecting certain CE's will be very disappointed. These were the notables from my haul.

Liz x 5
Nero x 2
Gilgamesh
Ideal Holy King x 3
Limited/Zero Over
Another Ending
Devilish Bodhisattva

I got the SSR, so I'm good.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

3 turning, for sure. You don't have to worry about class advantage for nodes, and her strength is clearing the 2nd wave and setting up massive damage for the third wave. Why do you think her np generates a ton of stars? Why do you think she specifically has a skill that is used to absorb stars? She shines more when there are servants in the final node that are affected by her 3rd skill, which is a pretty big pool, and that's why I said it's easier if you know who's in the node beforehand.

I've got her to rank 9, so I think I can safely say that I've used her enough to know that she is very good.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I think people who roll expecting certain CE's will be very disappointed. These were the notables from my haul.

Liz x 5
Nero x 2
Gilgamesh
Ideal Holy King x 3
Limited/Zero Over
Another Ending
Devilish Bodhisattva

I got the SSR, so I'm good.

Yeah this is me. I got Liz who I RP since I have Alter LArturia and 1 Ideal Holy King which was new and the best thing I pulled from my 2 rolls.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It was 530 Quartz total. Most of the great stuff came within the first 390. Last 140 gave me 2 x Liz.

Ideal Holy King was a new CE. I have all non-limited 5* CEs except for Victor of the Moon which is on rate-up.
That's more than I got with 1080SQ when trying (and failing) to get Merlin. Seriously, damn you Merlin.

Congrats man, that's a great haul!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
It was 530 Quartz total. Most of the great stuff came within the first 390. Last 140 gave me 2 x Liz.

Ideal Holy King was a new CE. I have all non-limited 5* CEs except for Victor of the Moon which is on rate-up.

Yeah, that's pretty okay.
Used 10 tickets in hopes of finally getting a SSR ticket Servant and got my 2nd Liz. Nothing else worth a mention. Funny how all my ticket SR Servants continue to be Lancers. Would have loved a Nero.

That's more than I got with 1080SQ when trying (and failing) to get Merlin. Seriously, damn you Merlin.

Congrats man, that's a great haul!
Was that your first "big failure"?

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn bride umu is a beast now with her NP upgrade and extra extra attack.

Also she's a lot more fun to use now with her animations. Spin spin spin spin spin.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
They serve 2 different purposes though. Liz is a fantastic support Lancer where Artoria is DPS. Burning her is bad civ.

Ye
They serve 2 different purposes though. Liz is a fantastic support Lancer where Artoria is DPS. Burning her is bad civ.

Yes but she is a character I don't particularly like. Fionn and Marie got the same treatment and Saber Liz now that I think about it. The only Liz I would be willing to take is the free caster one.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Was that your first "big failure"?
It was, yeah. I failed to get a few other Servants, but I didn't spend nearly as much on them as Merlin so it was understandable. Not getting Merlin felt bad, but it's all good. There will be other chances.

Goddamn bride umu is a beast now with her NP upgrade and extra extra attack.

Also she's a lot more fun to use now with her animations. Spin spin spin spin spin.
Umu.
Thanks. I also failed to get Merlin.

I used about 750 on his banner and no SSR. But at least I had a very good 4* Servant and 5* CE haul to ease the disappointment.
Feels bad. :(

Glad to hear you got a nice 4* Servant and 5* CE out of, at least!

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nvm then since Ice Dragon found out. Also wow congrats Lynx.
Thanks, everyone, now I can sit back and enjoy the ride without stressing about quartz. I also inadvertently accomplished this
Screenshot_20190413-184220_Fate_GO.jpg
So I pretty much won the game. Now if only I had more hearts and dragon scales. Specially hearts, I never have enough of those.

Anyway, time to wrap up America and see what Camelot is all about.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Been spending the free week farming embers.

Have 167 berserker embers now.

Have cha cha, tamacat and Frankenstein all at LVL 1.

Saving every ember for Paul Bunyan.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Finished New Orleans and just started Septem late last night... how many hours overall do you roughly think it would take to clear Solomon from here?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I started a JP account.

Pray for my soul.

You intend to grail Paul? Because as a 1* Paul only needs 112 gold Berserker embers to reach max non-grail level.
Yep. though that probably wouldn't take that much either lol.

It's more that I hate getting things only partway, so for now the embers are reserved for her and the rest... well, probably frankenstein. But it'll take awhile. Berserker embers are a pain to farm.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's more that I want to get in on the case files event when it comes out.

Also I'm at the opposite of burnt out atm. I want more to do with FGO but it takes me like, 10 mins to clear out my AP bar lol. I'm sure it'll change once CCC comes out, but I want more to do right now. I guess I can play other games, but there's not much that interests me right now lol.

I don't really plan to take my JP account that seriously anyway.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I created a 2nd (US) account a few days just to do some testing on a different Apple device, but am afraid to use the free SQ to roll on anything since it would piss me off if I got a lucky SSR roll while my main account gets nothing. Of course you could argue that I could then try to sell it, but it wouldn't be worth the salt. :D

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
That's why having a JP account is better. I'm won't be having the same experience and I don't know wtf is going on so I don't really care either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.