• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
A bit confused right now:

What happened to Melt's hands? Does she even have hands at this point? Are they just stumps after Kiara fucked them up?

Seraphix was dismantled at the beginning of the year, so why did this event take place there?

The MC apparently dies initially, but Melt goes back in time to do this mission all over again and get a different outcome? Or did she pass this mission on to a new Melt?

Why was the new Melt a Church girl?

All in all, what a fabulous event.

Melt is probably the only other servant in the game that I unironically liked from the bottom of my heart, alongside Ereshkigal.

She's such an endearing character.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017

What happened to Melt's hands? Does she even have hands at this point? Are they just stumps after Kiara fucked them up?

Seraphix was dismantled at the beginning of the year, so why did this event take place there?

The MC apparently dies initially, but Melt goes back in time to do this mission all over again and get a different outcome? Or did she pass this mission on to a new Melt?

All in all, what a fabulous event.

Melt is probably the only other servant in the game that I unironically liked from the bottom of my heart, alongside Ereshkigal.

She's such an endearing character.

Kiara smashed them up. I think she still has them, but it doesn't really matter because Melt could barely use her hands in the first place on account of having almost no sensation in them.

Not really an answer, but yeah, that sudden "it was already dismantled" thing at the end made negative amounts of sense. No idea what they were going for there. The story would have worked better without it.

Right, the original Melt got a do-over. She would have liked to pass the mission on to the Melt in the past, but it would have taken too long for her to recover, so even as broken as original Melt was, she was still stronger than new Melt and had to carry out the mission herself.

I think calling her a Church girl was just a way to differentiate them to the audience (and maybe obfuscate her identity for a few moments). She was a girl in a church and it would have been confusing to call both of them Meltryllis.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually finding my best lineup with the Slipped Knee quest -- two less Sakura enemies than Weakness Ear, but it's all Archers, and between Vlad, Liz, Cu, and support Karna, it's easy to maintain class advantage while maximizing the chip bonus.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Kiara smashed them up. I think she still has them, but it doesn't really matter because Melt could barely use her hands in the first place on account of having almost no sensation in them.

Not really an answer, but yeah, that sudden "it was already dismantled" thing at the end made negative amounts of sense. No idea what they were going for there. The story would have worked better without it.

Right, the original Melt got a do-over. She would have liked to pass the mission on to the Melt in the past, but it would have taken too long for her to recover, so even as broken as original Melt was, she was still stronger than new Melt and had to carry out the mission herself.

I think calling her a Church girl was just a way to differentiate them to the audience (and maybe obfuscate her identity for a few moments). She was a girl in a church and it would have been confusing to call both of them Meltryllis.

If I understood correctly:

The shattered remains we find in the Church are that of Future Melt after she faced off with Kiara and lost. Past Melt then carries on her future self's mission/wish.
Oh shit, that's pretty tragic then.

T_T

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
If I understood correctly:

The shattered remains we find in the Church are that of Future Melt after she faced off with Kiara and lost. Past Melt then carries on her future self's mission/wish.
Oh shit, that's pretty tragic then.

T_T
It's the other way around. Timeline A Melt, the one that solo'd Seraph with an alternate version of the protagonist, is the one with you during the events of the story. She went back in time, met herself at the church before you could encounter her there, and killed herself so that Kiara wouldn't notice two Melts running around.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
It's the other way around. Timeline A Melt, the one that solo'd Seraph with an alternate version of the protagonist, is the one with you during the events of the story. She went back in time, met herself at the church before you could encounter her there, and killed herself so that Kiara wouldn't notice two Melts running around.
WTF, that's even more depressing.

I need to rewatch that Church scene again.

Hopefully YouTube has a playthrough or cutscene compilation in English.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
WTF, that's even more depressing.

I need to rewatch that Church scene again.

Hopefully YouTube has a playthrough or cutscene compilation in English.
By the way

The reason story support Melt's level, NP level, and skill levels keep dropping throughout the event is because she's constantly falling apart due to the damage inflicted on her by Kiara and having to travel faster than light speed to go back in time.

Nasu can really nail the "tragic heroine" thing.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
By the way

The reason story support Melt's level, NP level, and skill levels keep dropping throughout the event is because she's constantly falling apart due to the damage inflicted on her by Kiara and having to travel faster than light speed to go back in time.

Nasu can really nail the "tragic heroine" thing.
tenor.gif

Nasu needs to chill, smh

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It really is the heaven's feel of FGO events.

Heaven's feel is the worst route and sakura is the worst heroine tho.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I think all the servants suffered and
Melt just happened to be in a position where she was the one that could go back. Of course there is pandering involved. I think her Final Ascension art is her true form before Kiara fucked her up.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

In a way
won't that be more of the job of the lostbelts?
Def agree through on Heaven feel and sakura being the worst.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of just doing a write-up of Solomon, I figured I'd give my overall view on this entire arc as a whole, from most to least favorite singularity. I'm not sure if anyone actually reads these but I have fun writing them anyway so here goes lol:
  1. Absolute Demonic Front Babylonia - I've already elaborated on this one a bit on my previous post. I'll just add that the gameplay-narrative "gimmicks" they pull off here is something I always enjoy in games (Camelot started this with the Gifts, but Babylonia iterated on it to greater effect), such as altering the world map and music to match the current situation, the final boss sequence which ended up not being as tough as the ones from the 6th and 8th singularities but made for an awesome experience, etc (the "quake" thing got annoying in the Ushi fight tho). Best supporting cast, best scenes, best climax, huge step-up in presentation. I love how the story does a complete 180 in tone just when you think you're nearly done with it. 9/10

2. Divine Realm of the Round Table: Camelot - I wrote quite extensively about this one in a series of posts already: 1, 2, 3, 4. So, yeah... I don't really have anything else to add unless I were to write a more in-depth analysis of its themes and story, but that'd take too long so I'll just reiterate that Bedi is a good boi and Arash is a bro. 8/10

3. The Grand Temple of Time: Solomon - The start of the singularity with Jeanne leading the way for all the servants you've met along your journey hyped me the hell up.The individual sections were unfortunately monotonous though. Too much superfluous dialogue that was just there as a "hey, remember me? I'm here!" sort of deal. Some of the interactions were good (shout-outs to Drake and Blackbeard) and I was reminded of how endearing some of the cast from the older singularities were, but after a while I just wanted them to move on with the plot already. The biggest issue with this section is that it's too formulaic, I should like it in theory but the execution was lacking. It must've been better for the people who were there when the raids were going on, but for a late player like myself it felt padded. Thankfully the latter half of the singularity more than makes up for it. I had my suspicions that Roman = Solomon or that they were at least connected in some way, but it was still satisfying to watch it unfold and get the bigger picture. Mash's sacrifice was really touching even though I knew they had to bring her back by the end of it (thanks Fou), and the presentation here and on Roman's scene was top notch. The soundtrack was at its best here, the events unfolding felt like an appropriately grand finale and an overall really satisfying conclusion for the saga. I actually debated putting this at #2, it certainly has some of the best moments in the game, but the middle part does drag it down a bit. 8/10

4. North American Myth War: E Pluribus Unum - I also wrote a little bit about this one. Despite being on the weaker side of the good singularities, this was admitedly a significant step-up when compared to its predecessors. The writing was better than what came before, the cast was pretty fun and Fate's interpretation of Thomas Edson is amusing. However, there's nothing hugely exciting here, the presentation is still as barebones as it can get and most of the fights are easy filler. And as the next 2 singularities would clearly show, there is a severe lack of worldbuilding in these early singularities. Besides the two factions fighting, where are the people of America? How do they live in these conditions, what do they think of this conflict, how has this affected everyone? The setting feels largely hollow since nothing exists outside of the two main factions and the "rebels". It's fun for what it is, but I'm glad the game has moved on to better standards. 7/10

5. Sealed Ends of the Four Seas: Okeanos - I changed this one's position again because Solomon reminded me Okeanos' cast was actually pretty fun. It's also better written and structured than the singularities below it since it feels like a legit sea adventure. The villain is unfortunately on the forgettable side, but Blackbeard is there to pick up the slack. 6/10

6. Hundred Years' War of the Evil Dragons: Orleans - It might just be rose-tinted glasses but I remember enjoying Orleans due to its cast and villain. It probably doesn't hold up to scrutiny and is on the average side of singularities, but for the novelty of being your first real adventure I'd say it did its job well enough. I flip-flop a bit on whether I prefer it to Okeanos or not, but for this ranking I'm settling on this. 6/10

7. The City of Fog: London - I liked the ending a lot, but the events leading up to it were a mixed bag. Basically everything with Solomon was good, the setting is great (though unfortunately underdeveloped, much like every other singularity pre-Camelot) and the cast is nice, but it has some weird localization issues... Some of the text is legit impenetrable. The writing is also messy in general, with Tesla, Okita and Tamamo feeling incredibly tacked-in at the end. I still think London is enjoyable, but it's also very odd. 6/10

8. Flame Contaminated City: Fuyuki - Hey, remember F/SN? I remember. The beginning (before you get into the singularity proper) does a good enough job of introducing the game's overall premisse and cast of characters. Lots of "enemy skeletons approaching! Spooky!" and all, but at least Caster Cu was cool I guess? The ending is pretty good and is the one aspect I remember the most from this singularity. RIP Director. 5/10

9. Eternal Madness Empire: Septem - I just... Don't remember what happened here. I rushed it quite a bit but yeah, nothing stands out and there are no particularly noteworthy moments besides your first encounter with a demon god pillar. Altera was there but I don't remember why? And Waver, I guess? It felt padded and had some unnecessary detours. Lev was also wasted, though they thankfully brought him back for Solomon. I don't know, I don't hate Septem like most of the fanbase seems to, I'm just indifferent towards it. 5/10

Overall, while I enjoy some of the earlier singularities well enough for what they are, the last 3 are really the ones who did all the heavy-lifting when it came to making me truly care for the end of this journey. For all of Nasu's issues as a writer you gotta give props to him for elevating FGO's narrative to a legitimately very good standard for video-game stories. I did not expect to ever be moved while playing a mobile game yet here we are. If he managed to pull this off with the rather shaky foundation of the first few singularities, I wonder how much better he could do with a stronger general arc. Is he writing/going to write for part 2 as directly as he did here?

Small question about CCC: will I be lost if I just jump straight into it without having read Shinjuku or does it work as a standalone piece right after Solomon?

I'm also curious to know where you guys stand with FGO in comparison to F/SN. Speaking strictly about Camelot and beyond, do you think it's an improvement, about the same or worse quality-wise?

Last edited:

eutrophied

Oct 29, 2017
theoretical question: how many turns in does it take for farming to stop being farming? i have to be running the most sub-optimal team (cu, bb, cat, tristan, kiara, event bonus servant with mlb sakura ce) for weakness ear but am adamant on keeping my 14 chip bonus. at about roughly 17 turns per the 6 waves it truly is a test of will.

Small question about CCC: will I be lost in the story if I just jump straight into it without having read Shinjuku or does it work as a standalone piece right after Solomon?

you'll be totally fine. there's some connecting threads, but it's really its own thing.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
D59STUdWkAAXNY4.jpg

Was feeling some type of way so I actually bothered to level up BB's skills as much as possible, ran out of resources by the time I got to her third skill. Also might grail her because I really like using her. After this event I'm replacing Lip with Artoria again and Lizzy with Artoria Lancer.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

It's true.
theoretical question: how many turns in does it take for farming to stop being farming? i have to be running the most sub-optimal team (cu, bb, cat, tristan, kiara, event bonus servant with mlb sakura ce) for weakness ear but am adamant on keeping my 14 chip bonus. at about roughly 17 turns per the 6 waves it truly is a test of will.

you'll be totally fine. there's some connecting threads, but it's really its own thing.
it takes me like 10 turns with 13 chip bonus.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This game hates me. Legit all I wanted was Emiya. After 90sq and like 10 summon tickets I got 1 4* Elizabeth and just 3* pain.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I don't remember any of this. I guess I shouldn't play right before bed. Must have been on auto-pilot.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems they fixed the Angra bond 10 C.E bug in the kiara fights, you now do effective x2 dmg against her two forms.
Went and redid the fight against her to confirm, and it does work. Fight took way less turns than the first time around with the extra damage, and with it i managed to get pretty good damage out of Angra for at least one fight, so i'm def happy with the results.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to clear the Raining Encounter without having to continue, though just barely. Got some bad card draws and messed up the timing on a couple skills, so it went all the way to a brave chain from the last standing servant.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They really gave us a lot of time for this CCC event, huh? I'm completely done with it and I've only used around two golden apples (early on in the event, stupid me).

I guess it's ember/skill gem farming for the next week! Maybe I'll grind enough sakura to grab the mana prisms, but it's not as though I need those right now. :/

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They really gave us a lot of time for this CCC event, huh? I'm completely done with it and I've only used around two golden apples (early on in the event, stupid me).

I guess it's ember/skill gem farming for the next week! Maybe I'll grind enough sakura to grab the mana prisms, but it's not as though I need those right now. :/

It was originally 2 weeks in Japan but had to be extended due to how difficult it was to complete. I can see it being a pain without a guide.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017

Farm feathers! After the kaleid event, this the second best time to farm feathers with a node having 75% chance of dropping it.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
The biggest help from the guide is using the right CEs. Cuts down farming time so much. I really wish I had a Karna or a friend Karna with MLB Sakura CE to drop as well. Would make the grind nonexistant and I could field more Sakura chip bonus. Maybe even hit +18 on the chips.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Unless your shop is finished. Enjoy farming the Type Sakuras now lol.
I'm too burned out to finish clearing that out, even, though I have the items I wanted most. Don't need any pieces/monuments. My BB isn't even finished yet and I can't will myself to care. Assuming I do go back to it eventually, I think I'm too burned out to want to extend the fights with extra spawns. Can do the normal 3 waves while mostly asleep, at least.

I just don't remember the past 100 mission special events being this exhausting.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I was literally playing fuyuki to lostbelt 2 on JP and also doing the 100 mission event going on JP at the same time as seraph.

And I thought seraph was really chill to complete.

I don't know what's wrong with me.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
If I finish early getting enough chips to buy everything except the monuments/pieces, I might keep going to get the monuments and use them to buy another few songs from the sound test. Not like I have anything else to do...

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I can't convince myself to farm weakness ear anymore since I finished all the missions and got many of the mats I wanted.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
CCC Event cleared! Just finished the last bonus mission though it took command seals. Waver got sniped on the 2nd turn with instadeath when she charged from 1 to max in one go.

Still need to farm that lore and other shop items

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same, except I'm just not doing anything, glad we don't have rashumon next week and probably not even after the next. Just wanna chill.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I am not grinding weakness ear because I want to buy something, but simply because I like seeing Kiara animations, in particular the mudras when using skills and the demon god pillars attacks.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does the amount of servants and CE for the archives ever increase? I want to assume it does.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the next increase will be around our next anniversary. The second archive currently expands up to 500 slots in JP, with the most recent increase just being a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.