• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man either their budget died or they're going zero effort on FGO arcade because the last buncha models have been so bad, the faces especially on that chick and both shikis.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
yeah fujino doesn't really look good, also her NP is kinda underwhelming there while in FGO it looks pretty great imho

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I was talking about Demiya earlier, and a thought came to mind. I wonder how an anime based on the current event would handle Demiya's skin color, would they tone it down or keep it as dark as the Japanese server version. The event was very well liked in Japan, and it placed in the top five when they did the poll on what singularity to adapt into an anime. I can see it winning if they ever do the poll again.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I was talking about Demiya earlier, and a thought came to mind. I wonder how an anime based on the current event would handle Demiya's skin color, would they tone it down or keep it as dark as the Japanese server version. The event was very well liked in Japan, and it placed in the top five when they did the poll on what singularity to adapt into an anime. I can see it winning if they ever do the poll again.
The one benefit that the Fate/Grand Order anime adaptations have had up to this point is that they have the opportunity to take all of the various designs from a number of artists with wildly different art styles and coalesce them all under the purview a single art director. Just look at the interpretation of the cast for the upcoming Babylonia adaptation; Ana looks almost unrecognizable compared with her artwork in-game, but she now actually resembles a young version of Medusa more so than any other incarnation of her character. Whether they leave Emiya Alter's skin at its original tone or lighten him up to match the international version, the biggest benefit to being in an anime adaptation would be that his character design would be tweaked to more closely resemble Emiya in the first place, most likely drawing from Archer's representation in Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works, so that it's clear to the audience that they are indeed the same person. If no references to prison or harmful black stereotypes like the infamous "Detroit" nickname were mentioned in the adaptation, I think they could make it work simply because he'd both look more like Emiya anyway and none of that unfortunate race-stereotyping that has been attached to Emiya Alter is necessary to his character or his purpose in the plot, so it wouldn't affect him in SE.RA.PH (or Shinjuku) if they removed it.

That said, while I enjoyed this event, I don't think there's really enough to the event to make an adaptation out of it. Maybe a movie, but I feel that might be pushing it. I could see maybe they could do a one-two movie deal adapting SE.RA.PH and the recent labyrinth event which is basically a sequel to SE.RA.PH in a lot of ways. But being they're based on an event structure rather than the traditional Singularity-style narrative, they'd take more work to adapt well even if they do have some great moments here or there.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They'd keep it dark because the anime's made for Japan and he's still dark there. Even the official dub would keep it dark cause money.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Also they wouldn't be plastering his image from the anime all over Los Angeles in July.

I would bet money that there are huge posters with the LB main servants all over the place.

Edit: I meant EoR servants.

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this event lasts as long as it does since it took me long enough just to get from America to here on time, and I still have to actually complete it now. I've been religiously following gamepress' guide and just finished Act 3 with 34 missions completed. Hoping to be done with it by the end of the weekend, I've been living and breathing FGO since this past month. You better be worth it BB. Though the real prize at the end of the journey will be the following dead weeks which I'll use to clear Shinjuku because I need more Pages than the numbers on Bill Gates' bank account.

Despite the lukewarm reception here I'm quite enjoying my time with CCC, specially the apocalyptic logs. It's been more entertaining than the past events I've dipped into. BB is cool and I kinda like Melt, but Passionlip's design is... way too much. Bad hentai levels of too much. At any case, Gawain is a bro and I hope Tristan gets to do something besides protecting the church.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
As thanks for Kiara coming to me in a ticket, I've begun the grailing process. I forgot how QP intensive it is. >_<

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was lucky Ishtar's banner was during a lottery event lol.

Easy 100.
Yeah, the QP and EXP costs are pretty insane. I should be able to get her to 100 before my QP resources run dry, but I'll need to grind some XP first. Still need saber sexret gems too, but at least it gives me something to work towards.

Does anyone know when the next lottery event is?

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Been farming the shop but I finally decided to do the BB/GO fight. Brought Merlin/Jeanne/Waver. Slow and steady, 35 turns to end :)

Managed to pull a Passionlip off some random tickets the other day too, exactly who I wanted out of the event!

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta know, is it normal for the Melty boss to zero in on one character the entire fight? First phase, in every single attempt she aimed at my support. Then second phase, every single freakin turn my support got attack down an skill seal. Is that supposed to happen?

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Ear is a good place

ZBu37J6.png

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Hmmm unless I can't find it I don't see the Meiji sountrack in the shop, does that mean that we'll have to wait a year to see CCC soundtrack and current year events added? Or do those soundtracks get added earlier? Or... never?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned you can buy soundtracks in-game. I hope none of them were limited, otherwise I'm going to be depressed.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm unless I can't find it I don't see the Meiji sountrack in the shop, does that mean that we'll have to wait a year to see CCC soundtrack and current year events added? Or do those soundtracks get added earlier? Or... never?
To the best of my understanding, the OSTs get dumped to the player in-game after the soundtrack collections go on sale physically. So when F/GO OST Set II released post-EoR but prior to Lostbelt in March 2018, they added all the songs from that period to the player on JP at once. So, I'd expect more to show up sometime around March of next year for NA with no fanfare or explanation.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
To the best of my understanding, the OSTs get dumped to the player in-game after the soundtrack collections go on sale physically. So when F/GO OST Set II released post-EoR but prior to Lostbelt in March 2018, they added all the songs from that period to the player on JP at once. So, I'd expect more to show up sometime around March of next year for NA with no fanfare or explanation.
Aight thanks.

I mean you can only listen to them in My Room.

And like.

YouTube exists.

Yeah but I want Kiara in my room with the CCC soundtrack

qon

Oct 25, 2017
The hearts node has like three things I need so I'm going to be spending all day in there.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Hunting quests always sound good on paper...then you get in there and realize nothing drops and it's basically the same as any other week.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Banana hunting is going to be fucking trivial now that Merlin is in the game. Jalter will 1 turn that shit for sure.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Banana hunting is going to be fucking trivial now that Merlin is in the game. Jalter will 1 turn that shit for sure.
That requires one to actually have Jalter and/or Merlin... which, admittedly, a significant percentage of the thread probably does, but still.
Also doesn't help with killing the hands if you want more shop currency, though for returning players without any real need to buy the CEs or monuments/pieces, I guess that would cut down on the total. I forget how much you get per run without them.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
That requires one to actually have Jalter and/or Merlin... which, admittedly, a significant percentage of the thread probably does, but still.
Also doesn't help with killing the hands if you want more shop currency, though for returning players without any real need to buy the CEs or monuments/pieces, I guess that would cut down on the total. I forget how much you get per run without them.
you can do it with a billion different servants and a guest merlin.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
you can do it with a billion different servants and a guest merlin.
I mean, yeah, any ST Buster servant with sufficient strength will work to do a ton of damage, though dunno if they'd be able to take out 6 million HP in one turn. I'm just being pedantic about jrod's specific example (and since I always dislike the use of "trivial" in cases like this).

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Just use gil, he also one shots with the hands, raikou too probably since her modifiers apply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.