• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
True, but at least the rest are at the beach during the day. Poor Alter is being pelt by rain at night, that can't be too comfortable.

I did some more research on Merlin's banner return, and noticed he's accompanied by two other 5* Servants. Considering I couldn't get him on his solo rate-up, I don't have much hope here. Maybe I'll just start saving for Skadi next year and completely skip Merlin.
Naw, Merlin and those two others had alternating solo rate-ups during that banner.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Abby is an easy skip for me.

Major targets this year is NP2 ishtar, Sherlock, Caster Nero, Berserker Nobu, Yagyu munenori, myabe Eresh, and Hokusai.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Abby is also an easy skip for me. Going for Houseki or whatever her name is instead.

I think I'm good for the year honestly. Might try for another Summer Knights CE to MLB it, but in terms of servants, no one else interests me. Bring on Houseki and Skadi.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I find it funny that most people continuously said they were saving for Summer then proceeded to spend on every banner lol.
Forgot to do all my weekly missions last week. I've really been out of this game lately lol.
This was me the previous week. Couldn't be bothered to play at all. Had to force myself to get on it this week.

At the very least this is the only story that needs to be read in a time limit, so hopefully I'll regain my love for the game when I can read the story in my own time. Being forced to read and barely burning stamina on 5AP missions just added to the frustration of a mediocre story.

That being said I do wonder how bad Agartha is really going to be. If people were saying this story was good I'm afraid it's going to be a lot worse than I'm anticipating.

Can only go up from there I guess...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't resist throwing a few tickets for an NP2 Okita and I always planned to try for Kiara. The only summon I did that wasn't planned was a few on Melt's banner (was going to skip there since I was waiting for Kiara), but I did a couple trying for events CE and Passionlip. Thankfully it ended well for me. I just wish Caster Nero was on Lancer Raikou's banner, that's not going to be an easy choice.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Finally finished the event after being super lazy for the first few weeks. Kiara was a pain in the ass until I just gave up on strategy and ran double Merlin + Jalter. Ruler Martha was similarly fantastic against the epilogue BB fight.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright did the the bonus quest that gives the hearts. With Ishtar waver merlin it wasn't even a challenge lol.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I cleared this event about 4 days ago with shop completely cleaned out using mostly natural AP regen. Might be my casualness coming out but I kinda like the relaxed time limit for this event, and the grind wasn't terrible either.

Also someone on my list has Passionlip maxed out and she was secretly more useful than Melt for some of these missions. I'm now sad I couldn't roll her at all.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
NP5 Summer Raikou is the next in my list, nothing else will sway me (i'll be throwing tickets at banners though).
Eresh was on the wishlist, but since finding out that Anastasia has Hara Yumi as VA she has the highest priority.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
So I cleared this event about 4 days ago with shop completely cleaned out using mostly natural AP regen. Might be my casualness coming out but I kinda like the relaxed time limit for this event, and the grind wasn't terrible either.

Also someone on my list has Passionlip maxed out and she was secretly more useful than Melt for some of these missions. I'm now sad I couldn't roll her at all.
Same. I don't remember the last time I fully cleared the shop - even the statues and stuff.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Poor Alice is being farmed daily for hearts. Dropping pyramids like crazy on her. Should do embers more but might as well take advantage of the free qp farm with the possible heart and snake eye drops.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish class secret gems weren't so difficult to get. I just needed seven of them to finish off Kiara's skills (I have the rest of the materials). 2+ full AP bars, and I got a whole two secret gems out of them. :/
Yeah, I was about to ask if there was a more efficient way to farm for secret gems but.... Guess not. Only got 1 archer gem today after spending 200 AP =T

Are there any upcoming events where you can easily farm or buy secret gems?

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
For everyone short on class gems, how many more do you need to skill up your current servants to the level you want?

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I don't remember the last time I fully cleared the shop - even the statues and stuff.

Indeed. I feel completely liberated, except for...

For everyone short on class gems, how many more do you need to skill up your current servants to the level you want?

oIuYTvj.jpg

Melt can't get any more love at this point, to say nothing else about other servants I've left at 1/1/1 lol

She still sees decentish usage on the friends list though at least.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really liked about this event was the Wanted quests. It was nice to be able to test out team comps against boss like enemies. The fact there's nothing like that permanently in the game is kind of annoying.

Glad Vlad and Jeanne are finally getting their interludes. Who is in the strengthening quest rotation this time?
Yeah, I was about to ask if there was a more efficient way to farm for secret gems but.... Guess not. Only got 1 archer gem today after spending 200 AP =T

Are there any upcoming events where you can easily farm or buy secret gems?
They're not soon but one of the two lottery box events has secret gems I believe.
For current servants not that many, I think right now I just need some Assassin gems. But I have absolutely no caster gems left and I have 2 future casters that if I'm lucky enough to get I want to 10 10 10.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Finally my bond 10 Jannu can wall like nobody else!
Also Bryn interlude as well as Medb np buff.

This is a blessed update.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Shows how out of it I've been with this game. Had to actually look up who that Assassin was lol.

The latest Rider is really nice. I want more support servants outside of the caster class. Her NP gain is nonsense too. I'm not sure where I would use her but she's the first 2021 servant I'm seriously interested in.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently a really good berserker support because she basically gets rid of class disadvantage on defense with her NP.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't finish the lost belts and have Nasu move to other projects if you add infinite events between them. /s
Also at this point, i could be wrong, but it seems that Jalter is getting events with her as a main character yearly. Her banners must really bring in the cash for them.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's with buster servants taking a beating in jp meta? I know skadi's a thing but so is Merlin
Buster's still completely fine, just not talked about as much anymore because the majority of the game is farming and Skadi comps excel at that. If anything, JP players are waiting for a new Arts support. Arts stall isn't as viable as it used to be with enemies being able to hit more than half of your HP away on a non-NP turn, and they don't quite have the burst potential that Buster and Quick currently has.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly wondering how the next couple months will play out, since with us only being 9 days ahead, but assuming they'll still want to have the 2nd anniversary stuff coincide with AX weekend, there's going to have to be some kind of shuffling somewhere. The JP schedule, looking ahead from Hunting Quest 3, was this:
Hunting Quest (1 week)
Rashomon rerun (1 week)
dead week (1 week)
Onigashima rerun (2 weeks)
Agartha released (2 weeks of free time afterward)
Summer rerun (2.5 weeks)
Anniversary (1.5 weeks, including the Bunyan mini-event)
which, if we follow it with no changes, puts us at just starting the Summer rerun heading into AX weekend, and I don't think they would just stack all the anniversary things on top of that. I guess the simplest solution is just swapping the anniversary and summer rerun, but I don't think FGO NA has ever outright changed the order of events/campaigns like that before.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
We won't get the anniversary until AX more than likely so they will probably push summer back to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.