• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah good amount of Crystals and Feathers with some nice QP. I wish the Heart node was more generous in dropping the hearts. Mat Drop CE bonus when? :cry

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I actually stopped farming the heart node because I wanted it to drop gold caster gems but instead I keep getting hearts lol.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly wondering how the next couple months will play out, since with us only being 9 days ahead, but assuming they'll still want to have the 2nd anniversary stuff coincide with AX weekend, there's going to have to be some kind of shuffling somewhere. The JP schedule, looking ahead from Hunting Quest 3, was this:
Hunting Quest (1 week)
Rashomon rerun (1 week)
dead week (1 week)
Onigashima rerun (2 weeks)
Agartha released (2 weeks of free time afterward)
Summer rerun (2.5 weeks)
Anniversary (1.5 weeks, including the Bunyan mini-event)
which, if we follow it with no changes, puts us at just starting the Summer rerun heading into AX weekend, and I don't think they would just stack all the anniversary things on top of that. I guess the simplest solution is just swapping the anniversary and summer rerun, but I don't think FGO NA has ever outright changed the order of events/campaigns like that before.

I'm sure they'll do the anniversary with AX again. Probably summer afterwards.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean i can just not do summer 1 that hard lol. Already got all I needed out of that.

I feel like reruns are only really taxing for people who did not get to them the first time.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Went back to read all the spoiler captions I missed so customary 2 weeks late responses lol.
I don't know if I feel comfortable wanting someone like Kiara in my Chaldea anymore lol. She's like Jason teir of irredeemable villain. I'm surprised they didn't skip her as a servant like Jason. Other than being a lewd design, there is nothing compelling me to summon her unless CCC greatly expands her character?
I don't know if I could put those two together. Kiara is what she is, but Jason is just a complete dick. Either way, Jason was in that datamine that is slowly becoming true this year...
Neither. Okita Alter.
I'm glad I decided before this event that she was the Alter Ego I wanted in my Chaldea. If what you say is true I would have definitely fallen for that trick lol.
Finally completed the event story.

I'd heard that the CCC story was the best story of EoR. I'd say that that doesn't bode very well for the rest of EoR. I mean, okay, it wasn't bad, but... maybe I just went in with expectations that were too high. Maybe watching the ZVN playthrough before/during the event reminded me of what a non-mobile VN can be and set my standards too high. Prior to the end, I'd say my favorite part was Suzuka revealing why she was fighting so hard. Her Master's wish reminded me of the beginning of Extra.

Then again, that was just the first part of the story. The second part, after Kiara was defeated and we had to re-recruit Tamamo, Umu, and Emiya, was a blast. Seeing our dear friends turned into enemies and figuring out how to bring them back to our side... Especially the interactions between Tamamo and Nero - formerly bitter rivals becoming close friends (and even done in a way that didn't wank Nero!) was an absolute delight. I don't know how the writers could ever have put something so incredible into words.
Completly agree on the second part. It was so full of emotion. God I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.
So I feel like I missed something here. The only real cutscenes I got were when they were all reunited and we're going to take on BB. But there was like 5 lines of dialogue there. Were there other scenes that I missed?

Also agreed with your EoR thoughts. I don't think it being a mobile VN is the issue though. Sometimes this medium does affect the story because what they're attempting to show can't be conveyed well on this platform, but in this case all the issues were writing issues as opposed to delivery issues.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So I feel like I missed something here. The only real cutscenes I got were when they were all reunited and we're going to take on BB. But there was like 5 lines of dialogue there. Were there other scenes that I missed?
You didn't miss anything. I was jokingly insulting the event by saying that the stuff they didn't write was better than what they wrote.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not crazy then, haha. When I read that, I was like "Did...did I accidentally skip something? Should I go back and check?" but I never did. Nice to know the answer now, at least.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the event story was fine. On the one hand of course anything could be improved by adding more to it, but what was there was good enough for me.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the story was fine. Given that I knew nothing of CCC I wasn't sure I'd be able to follow it, but it wasn't nearly as big of an issue as I thought it'd be.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem was more that I read into CCC and it kinda felt like they flattened out some of the characters.

Like Kiara in FGO is nowhere near as interesting as Kiara in CCC. Melt kinda too.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the forced romance stuff that we've discussed before, I think the biggest issue was the pacing. Just looking at Part 1 and ignoring the irl time gates, 90% of the story is just not that interesting. When Kiara shows up is when it feels like the real story begins, but that portion encompasses 10% of the total story time. There were a few interesting parts before that (Suzuka's reasoning for instance) but the overall story just felt uninspired. There were other issues but those two standout as the most glaring issues.

Ultimately though if you enjoyed it that's all that matters, regardless of whether it was good or not.
You didn't miss anything. I was jokingly insulting the event by saying that the stuff they didn't write was better than what they wrote.
Lol! That completely went over my head. That was pretty clever I won't lie.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's a problem with being an event. Like there's no real reason this couldn't just be a permanent singularity when it's styled as an EoR. Probably would help if it's more filled out. Might help actually establish the romance better other than just another "I will drop my metal panties at the slightest sign of human decency"

Anyway, don't want to go into it more than I already did. Still decent overall. I'd give the event 7/10. Maybe 8/10

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
god, I'm hoping all this qp and mats farming gets easier once I'm done skilling up my 5* servants.

What are you running right now?

Sometimes it's not about the 5stars.

Like if you want to make mat and QP farming easier I would sooner recommend you raise arash and spartacus before most 5 stars.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is just Ishtar being all tsun tsun towards those trying to pull for her, she pulled down the servers herself.

Good luck to those pulling! Once the server comes back up, that is.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Got in early and threw a ticket just to see if Ishtar wanted to come home (ever since Arthur came to me like that I've been doing it on pretty much every banner) and got NP2 Jaguar Warrior. Alright, I guess. Not really a fan of her or Taiga in general but hey.
Now if Bedi comes to me this easily on his next rate-up I'll be a happy camper.

Whu!? Buh!? Ishtar came home in 6 tickets!? God damn, what a ride.
That's the dream right there. I wish similar luck to everyone else rolling.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
180 sq

Really happy right now.

XE9fIwr.jpg

T36AXW1.jpg

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to those rolling for Ishtar. I pray that Stheno stays out of your Chaldeas.
Yeah...about that...

Regardless congrats to all those who got Ishtar!

Edit: against my better judgement, bought some quartz. Ended up getting spook by tamamo and waver, who I both have already. Welp I shouldn't complain I guess Ishtar will always be my white whale in fgo.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Hunting grounds is seriously good value if you were farming for embers anyway.

Gonna drop a few apples especially during fangs day. Luckily barely used any for CCC.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Whu!? Buh!? Ishtar came home in 6 tickets!? God damn, what a ride.
She must have really wanted to join your Chaldea. Congrats!

180 sq

Really happy right now.

XE9fIwr.jpg

T36AXW1.jpg
Insane. 180SQ for an NP2 Ishtar AND Gorgon? Great luck, congrats!

Yeah...about that...

Edit: against my better judgement, bought some quartz. Ended up getting spook my tamamo and waver, who I both have already. Welp I shouldn't complain I guess Ishtar will always be my white whale in fgo.
My condolences. :(

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...about that...

Edit: against my better judgement, bought some quartz. Ended up getting spook by tamamo and waver, who I both have already. Welp I shouldn't complain I guess Ishtar will always be my white whale in fgo.
Ah sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you didn't spend too much. She'll come by next time for sure. (When is her next banner?)
Still, if you combined it with how much I had to use to get her at np1 last year, it's closer to around.... 1k for np3 lol
I mean tbh based on the rate that's still actually not bad overall. Congrats on getting the extra NP levels fairly easily this time.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
So quick question guys. Which hunting quest is best for farming embers the most. It looks like 40 ap gives the most but is the hardest but 30 ap also gives a lot of embers and is the easiest. Mordred is gonna be happy about being fed embers.

Hope Lancers are next so I can farm embers for them and level up my Alter Larturia.

Also screw the double success rates. Used all my exp for CEs and only got it like 2 times out of 15 tries.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So quick question guys. Which hunting quest is best for farming embers the most. It looks like 40 ap gives the most but is the hardest but 30 ap also gives a lot of embers and is the easiest. Mordred is gonna be happy about being fed embers.

Hope Lancers are next so I can farm embers for them and level up my Alter Larturia.

Also screw the double success rates. Used all my exp for CEs and only got it like 2 times out of 15 tries.

Does 30ap give you gold embers for every enemy that doesn't drop bones? That's basically 40ap.

I can 3 turn 40ap but NP3 ishtar really helps with that lol.

Ah sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you didn't spend too much. She'll come by next time for sure. (When is her next banner?)
I mean tbh based on the rate that's still actually not bad overall. Congrats on getting the extra NP levels fairly easily this time.

Yeah for sure for sure. Glad today went well.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I could use the saber embers but I don't really need the bones, so I'm pretty conflicted on farming here.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The embers output on the 30 and 35 node seems pretty good after a few runs so it's probably worth it.
There's also nothing wrong in getting more bones for potential future needs, considering how many servants seems to wants huge quantities of them.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Well as a heads up from JP the newest welfare needs 36 per skill. And 2 of her skills are just straight up increased damage per level.

So you're going to need bones lol.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna roll on the banner when all three ladies are on rate up. I'd love to get Ishtar or Orion.

In the mean time gonna farm embers and hope for supers/greats.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, just wondering, not including additional NPs, how many of your SSRs are off banner vs banner servants? I was just thinking that I don't seem to get spooked by SSRs that much, but I don't have any data to go off on vs my own.

3 out of 17 of my SSRs are servants that are on the banner. I've had off banner np upgrades though.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
7 out of 17 of my SSR were off banner, through 7 of the on-banner were limited. I guess i've been lucky enough to dodge the "rate up is a lie" meme when i do manage to get the 1% rate.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, looking at them now, only one of my seventeen five-star Servants (Vlad III) was off banner. The rest were either Limited, Guaranteed, or on Rate-Up.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Well as a heads up from JP the newest welfare needs 36 per skill. And 2 of her skills are just straight up increased damage per level.

So you're going to need bones lol.
Speaking of Gray, looking at how many bones I have stockpiled, the remaining bones in event shops this year, and how few of the upcoming Servants I want use bones, I am unlikely to run low on bones until Gray arrives. Of course, that doesn't take into account bones distributed in next year's events or Servants I already have who need bones (but if I haven't skilled them up yet they aren't a high priority).
how many of your SSRs are off banner vs banner servants?
Three of my 11 SSRs were spooks (Waver, Drake, and Artoria).

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not counting NP levels 5 of my 35 SSRs have been spooks.

Counting NP Levels its 20 of my 72 SSRs that were spooks.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Best Clay is my only spook, the other 3 were on rate-up. I don't get spooked often at all, my rolls are mostly just deluges of CEs and 3-stars. I welcome the rare 4-star spooks just for shaking things up once in a while. Most of them anyway, Rama and Helena are just kinda there ever since I got 'em.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
The skeleton hunting quest was fine for XP but actually dropped less bones than I thought it would. Don't really need horseshoes and fighting Assassin mobs -> bulky Archer boss is a pain, so probably won't farm much on today's quest.

...since I'm fortunate enough have Gil and Ozy as Buster AoE Archer/ST Rider, as much as I'd like to try for Ishtar/Quetz I'm actually having second thoughts about how much (if any) I should contribute on this banner, or to focus on one over the other. Obviously they fill slightly different roles, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.