• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even realise we had a Japanese Gacha Thread haha. I kind of wish I had remained ignorant to this topic now lol.
Not familiar with Azur Lane, but I could see why it's thread suddenly shutting down would piss people off and lead to bans. Same thing happened when the figure thread got shut down on the old site.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot that the second anniversary is this month (assuming they don't delay things, but I'm guessing they will to coincide with the Anime Expo panel). I just hope we get everything this year and they don't hold back any SQ.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see those still outraged by Emiya Alter found the time to join the Twitch chat and express their feelings even more.

Will they never let it go?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity how many people came here from GAF? The only person I know here from them days is Chrono.
Not familiar with Azur Lane, but I could see why it's thread suddenly shutting down would piss people off and lead to bans. Same thing happened when the figure thread got shut down on the old site.
I can understand it, it's just that a number of posters really showed how ignorant they are and it was difficult for me to hold my tongue. I really have no interest in getting involved in that discussion but when I see people writing stupid shit I want to tell them what's what. I have to constantly remind myself that some people just aren't interested in understanding someone else's point of view and just want an outlet to scream and shout.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Reminder to everyone who is new that for their second anniversary Japan got 10 SQ for every singularity of chapter 1 (up to 80 SQ) and 30 SQ for the stream, we still have no idea how stingy generous our overlords at delightworks are going to be, but just in case you might wanna do some progress on the singularities (from Orleans to Solomon) to get some extra SQ since our 2nd Anniversary is approaching and is likely to be announced at the AX panel.

Out of curiosity how many people came here from GAF? The only person I know here from them days is Chrono.
I wasn't on GAF, I signed up here once I found out this place had a FGO community

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I was on GAF, but I think I only started playing FGO after the move.

I had a pretty bad headache during the stream so I wasn't able to pay attention to most of it, but I was at least amused by Albert's Presence Concealment A.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone here planning on rolling for Caster of Nightless City at the next banner?
Nah I'm good. No interest in her gameplay niche at all. A caster with a charm skill that only works on males (buffs her def for 2 turns at least), a party wide guts skill (via a interlude a year from now), and an AoE NP that does extra damage to King units (all Assassin class Kings are females, while the class with the most male Kings is Rider btw) that lowers debuff resist for one time (via internlude a year from now). As a servant, she seems like kind of a mess of skills.

The thing I'm most excited for this event is Drake and Hercules animation updates.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Rude! I'm right here... I even had the same username.
Wait...LOL my b man. I remember you were in the FEH thread. When I first joined this thread it took me about 3 months to realise Chrono was Chrono no lie (there's even a post in OT1 where I'm like "wait you're Chrono from BE GAF?!" lmao). Were you in the BE thread as well? I didn't play FGO until I came here so I don't think I posted in there.

Also now that I think about it Mupod was also in the FEH thread. That thread was so active back then...
So, anyone here planning on rolling for Caster of Nightless City at the next banner?
Nah I'm good. No interest in her gameplay niche at all. A caster with a charm skill that only works on males (buffs her def for 2 turns at least), a party wide guts skill (via a interlude a year from now), and an AoE NP that does extra damage to King units (all Assassin class Kings are females, while the class with the most male Kings is Rider btw) that lowers debuff resist for one time (via internlude a year from now). As a servant, she seems like kind of a mess of skills.

The thing I'm most excited for this event is Drake and Hercules animation updates.
Pretty much this. If she had a support NP then I would consider her, but I don't think I have any real use for her other than to look at lol.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I would roll for berserker of el dorado, but I'm also saving for summer Raikou so probably not since Raikou has priority over everything else, I'll probably toss a 10 pull at the banner to get disappointed and see what happens.
I like the design of caster of the nightless city and I roll for what I like but with other servants I want coming up either she spooks me or I won't be going specifically for her.

Edit: removed spoiler

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...LOL my b man. I remember you were in the FEH thread. When I first joined this thread it took me about 3 months to realise Chrono was Chrono no lie (there's even a post in OT1 where I'm like "wait you're Chrono from BE GAF?!" lmao). Were you in the BE thread as well? I didn't play FGO until I came here so I don't think I posted in there.
I wasn't in the BE threads, but I was in the FEH and FGO threads. I still occasionally post to the FEH thread (mostly to be salty about Aether Raids), but not as much as this thread.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I was from GAF but only became a gacha degenerate last year.

Still got a few mats to farm from the shop but I think I'll take a break and do some Shinjuku in the meantime. I don't know if it's just me but this event feels a lot grindier than, say, CCC. Probably because the drop CEs are gacha locked and I only have 1 copy of each.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'll probably try to roll for Caster of Nightless, (is it a spoiler to use her name?), just because I can't ignore a design by Namaniku ATK. I own so many figures of characters he designed, mostly from Nitro+ and FMD Muramasa...

But well, I do wish she was a different class. It's hard to justify rolling for another SSR Caster when I already have Tamamo and Helena which I'm trying to raise, but due to my newness, the struggle for ascension mats is real.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd like to, since I love her design, I doubt I'd find much use for her for I won't be pulling. That being said, if she ever spooked me on a guaranteed pull in the future it wouldn't be the worst thing.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I know which caster is going to spook me on a guaranteed pull, I can see NP4 Waver coming from a mile away in the upcoming GSSR

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was an occasional poster there and am a rare poster here. You might not believe it but that old Gaf community still lives, carried on by those that didn't make the jump and a few new posters based on the last time I checked.

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
They should have extended the damage rewards to at least 400 million. I might make it to 900 in the next 2 days. 6 million was way too easy for people who already did it last year. And I don't even need to use apples to get everything I want in the shop (without a 5* CE).

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Agartha got some fights in it that were some bullshit, but i didn't have waver then and i couldn't read shit so i shouldn't have that many problems now.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I need to save for summer Raikou because I'm at 0 everything atm lol. Also from GAF but I wasn't playing fgo back then.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Agartha got some fights in it that were some bullshit, but i didn't have waver then and i couldn't read shit so i shouldn't have that many problems now.
By this do you mean there are dialogue options that change the quest difficulty like in Babylonia or just that you weren't able to tell what some enemy buffs/debuffs did and took the wrong strategy as a result?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
By this do you mean there are dialogue options that change the quest difficulty like in Babylonia or just that you weren't able to tell what some enemy buffs/debuffs did and took the wrong strategy as a result?
The latter, i could have just read up on certain buffs but i was being lazy and pray i can overpower the buffs on enemies by pure chance.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I checked on my PayPal account that I haven't used in years and saw that I still had a few bucks in it. So I bought a JP SQ account.

TamaCat, 1080 SQ, and 50 tickets for about three dollars. I got Ganesha in 30 tickets and 150 SQ, leaving me with 930 SQ and 20 tickets. Along the way, I got NP2 Rani-Lakshmi, Tell, and a Parvati spook.

It came with part 1, part 1.5, and (somehow) the first three Lostbelts clear, so on the one hand I don't have to speed through that, but on the other hand, I can't get more SQ from there.

The account also came with enough EXP to do a respectable amount of leveling. I used most of it on Ganesha. That probably wasn't a great idea. Didn't leave much for Rani-Lakshmi or Parvati. Plus, leveling Ganesha left no Lancer pieces for Parvati to ascend. It feels so weird to need pieces.

It also feels weird to be unable to 3-turn clear hands. And clearing hands will probably be just about all I'll be doing (and hunting ascension mats) until I can get my Servants to a respectable level. I don't know how the previous owner of the account managed to clear the other Lostbelts with no leveled Servants and no friends, but I don't think I'll be able to do the same for Lostbelt 4. And I need to get my Servants into shape before the Summer rerun...

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Having gone through that work I have no idea how the hell he did it with only tamacat lmao.

Probably spent quite a few of those SQ on revives.

Also that's a lot of work for 3 bucks.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Having gone through that work I have no idea how the hell he did it with only tamacat lmao.

Probably spent quite a few of those SQ on revives.

Also that's a lot of work for 3 bucks.
The really amazing thing is that he didn't use TamaCat. Looking at the bond levels of everyone on the account when I got it, he only used Mash (story bond, yes, but she was part of the preassembled team) and Saber Gilles (bond 8). Both of them were at level 1. And again, the account has no friends. I could understand getting through part 1's story like that, since JP has the Follow system now, but EoR, the Lostbelts, and the free quests? Just how many SQ did this person waste?! I would have much rather have needed to clear that content myself and had those SQ waiting for me!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought we were getting a repeat of the Raikou fight as well. If we're not then there's no reason to for me to really continue to do the BP runs since the all I really need is hearts and they have a garbage drop rate.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

I was around, mostly lurked though.

The really amazing thing is that he didn't use TamaCat. Looking at the bond levels of everyone on the account when I got it, he only used Mash (story bond, yes, but she was part of the preassembled team) and Saber Gilles (bond 8). Both of them were at level 1. And again, the account has no friends. I could understand getting through part 1's story like that, since JP has the Follow system now, but EoR, the Lostbelts, and the free quests? Just how many SQ did this person waste?! I would have much rather have needed to clear that content myself and had those SQ waiting for me!

Could it be possible he used friends and simply deleted them before selling the account?

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
woops was supposed to be for the PC thread

edit: and here's what I wanted to type originally which I posted elswhere

Is Wolves of Mibu a decent CE for Melty?

If you have this one from the CCC event it's probably better

otherwise that will work as well, the good thing about this game is that good servants usually already have a good toolkit and even without optimal CE are still good

also this file from reddit has suggestions for CEs for the various servants

if you don't have any CE listed there though don't sweat it

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Could it be possible he used friends and simply deleted them before selling the account?
Yeah, he probably has a carry account of his own that he uses for these (seeing as people aren't accepting my friend requests when I have somewhat-leveled Servants so that seems like the only way he could have friends).

Status
Not open for further replies.