• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
140 tickets and 120 SQ
3 Berserker
1 Assassin
1 Caster
All in all, a good set of rolls tonight. Good luck everyone I now need to roll up a pillow.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm supposed to hate Agartha and I've only done the first chapter so far so I haven't gotten to the objectionable bits yet, but so far the writing actually seems... amusing? It isn't a terrible start.
Looks like we're getting 30 SQ for the anniversary. Finally some good news.
So they can learn, after all.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I now officially have every servant currently with imperial privilege! Which was a prediction I made when I summoned Ozymandias twice in a row on two different banners within a week. Cleo tested my prediction but eventually came to me on a singular ticked on the strike of midnight on Halloween. I rolled my usual 10 pull on this banner because I want every servant featured and I almost gave up hope because I miscounted how many summons were left. Last card was a silver Assassin and I was dejected until I saw that spark! Assassin of the Nightless City joins the squad before a new adventure! Imperial Privilege to the max! Thank you to my emperors, empresses, and pharaohs!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
For the second anniversary, players also got another 80 SQ, or 10 SQ for each singularity from Orleans to Solomon completed. Place your bets on whether we get that.

Oct 25, 2017
For the second anniversary, players also got another 80 SQ, or 10 SQ for each singularity from Orleans to Solomon completed. Place your bets on whether we get that.
Of course we will. Say whatever else you want about them, but they're generally fair with the rewards tied to the actual in-game stuff.

It's just the rewards for the streams, or companion apps (that we don't get) where it differs.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When does Astolfo get his new skin and NP battery?

I'm using today to get Rider XP so I can level Ushi, then I'll start Agartha. That animation made me want to use her and tbh she looks like competent servant. Kintoki is getting close to Bond 9 so I'll need someone to use instead for story soon.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this story doesn't work if you're the male avatar. I wonder if they'll actually acknowledge that you're a guy at any point in this story, because it's a huge glaring plothole in the story so far.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's the situation with the female avatar for like half the game so...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who's that blonde to the left?
d'Eon

I mean that's the situation with the female avatar for like half the game so...
Fair enough, but considering the story is about males being enslaved, it's weird that no one so far has called out that you're a man. The MC's gender never seemed to actually tie into the story unlike with this one. Your gender didn't cause actual plotholes in the previous storylines as far as I can remember.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
d'Eon

Fair enough, but considering the story is about males being enslaved, it's weird that no one so far has called out that you're a man. The MC's gender never seemed to actually tie into the story unlike with this one. Your gender didn't cause actual plotholes in the previous storylines as far as I can remember.
Yeah that's a fair point. It's more just inconsistencies and weird moments with the female avatar as opposed to plotholes for the most part.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I can see how you can write around it yet. You are a foreign element anyway.
Mostly it's just enemies asking "What is a man doing with you!?" to d'Eon, but they're not referring to the MC at all, just one of the male party members you're with. Like an easy fix would be going with a plural and saying "why are men with you!?", just like how pronouns change depending on what MC you're playing, but they didn't do it.

It's not really a big plothole right now, but if it keeps going with this narrative, I can see it causing some confusing writing down the line.

A lot of my problems with self insert character game writing is the feeling that the MC doesn't actually matter or isn't actually interacting with the characters, so I tend to notice stuff like this even when it's not really considered all that much a big deal. Like I always had a problem with your choices in this game not really mattering or choices just being the exact same thing, just worded differently.

This is just the first time I noticed that the character's gender causing weird issues with the story. I mostly stick to the male MC, but I do like to ask if there's any differences with Gudako's dialogue and plot elements. From what I'm told, it's usually the same, or with just minor differences that don't affect the story (Gudao crossdressing as a girl in Shinjaku vs Gudako crossdressing as a dude). So this time, it's just jarring that it hasn't been brought up yet.

EDIT: Got further in the story, and now they are using the plural "men" when referring to you and another party member. So it is just being inconsistent. Guess I was being premature. I'll hold my reactions until I finish the whole story.

Last edited:

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
d'Eon

Ah lol D'Eon slip my mind for some reason since I never saw that outfit before. Thanks.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
So this 30 quartz is likely just the equivalent of what JP got for the retweet campaign at the end of their anniversary stream that year, right? Where originally it was 12 then Shiokawa doubled it then Mafia stabbed him with Rule Breaker to make it 30. Wonder if that means they won't give out more just for the panel itself at AX.

Also, I'm a bit disconcerted how most of the fan reactions to this seem along the lines of "glad they were shamed into doing the 'right thing' this year". But maybe I'm just in the very small minority who don't really care exactly when they acknowledge the anniversary as long as they do so reasonably soon thereafter.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grats to those that got what they want!!

Spent 30 quartz and got nothing new. Didnt really want anything but figured I should try.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I did 2 x10 pulls, I got garbage and a devilish bodhisattva CE, Kiara keeps blessing me even when she cannot be summoned, truly a saint.

edit: can't complain though, have been really lucky with past pulls so the pendulum has to swing back

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm loving penth so far. She's everything I love. Stacking damage buffs and being able to NP often.

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Rolled with 180 sq and 3 tickets. Got the weirdest luck.
- Enkidu spook
- Karna spook
- My 4th Yan
- Thicc Caster
- A shit ton of 4/5* CEs I don't need

I just wanted the 2 4* servants.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Well that's good, at least. Progress!

2 ten rolls.

Got Penth.

Exactly who I wanted.

Streak of getting all the SR berserkers continues.
140 tickets and 120 SQ
3 Berserker
1 Assassin
1 Caster
All in all, a good set of rolls tonight. Good luck everyone I now need to roll up a pillow.
The self proclaimed King of Berserkers had to roll for my girl Penth, and we were successful.
I now officially have every servant currently with imperial privilege! Which was a prediction I made when I summoned Ozymandias twice in a row on two different banners within a week. Cleo tested my prediction but eventually came to me on a singular ticked on the strike of midnight on Halloween. I rolled my usual 10 pull on this banner because I want every servant featured and I almost gave up hope because I miscounted how many summons were left. Last card was a silver Assassin and I was dejected until I saw that spark! Assassin of the Nightless City joins the squad before a new adventure! Imperial Privilege to the max! Thank you to my emperors, empresses, and pharaohs!
12 Tickets, got Penth. Maybe one day caster will spook me like she did on my JP account.
Rolled with 180 sq and 3 tickets. Got the weirdest luck.
- Enkidu spook
- Karna spook
- My 4th Yan
- Thicc Caster
- A shit ton of 4/5* CEs I don't need

I just wanted the 2 4* servants.
Did one 10 roll because I'm saving for summer and got the new assassin.
Sorry for the wall-of-text, but it's just easier to reply to everyone this way, haha.

Congrats on your pulls, guys/gals! :)

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see people getting some luck with their rolls. I did a 10-roll, no servants but at least got a Bodhisattva.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Man, this whole story would be a freaking trainwreck if I were the male MC. Also, Young Fergus depresses me to no end.
The fact that we never get this Drake skin as a costume is a crime.
Seconded. She's also... awesome? Hell, make it a new character. An alter, even? I can't even complain. It's better motive than half of the villains in the other story chapters.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Interesting, I swapped my support Merlin for Cu Alter + Hydrargyrum and now it's the first time, outside of events, that Waver isn't my most used servant

qon

Oct 25, 2017
Cu Alter is probably rarer and a lot more helpful than Merlin and Waver to newer players who don't have good DPS to use supports on.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
My 2 ten rolls on JP were so fucking good holy shit. Got all the good Bois.

vMeqlrQr.jpg

J1Dqsf3r.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yo lostbelt 4 berserker is fucking sick.

Advise 2 years from now. Roll lostbelt 4 second banner, not the first one. The 2nd one is insanely good.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yo lostbelt 4 berserker is fucking sick.

Advise 2 years from now. Roll lostbelt 4 second banner, not the first one. The 2nd one is insanely good.
Did this just become available today? Cause I didn't even realise there was a second banner lol (though tbh I rely on you for my JP news these days lmao).

Archer looks very strong in terms of gameplay. I like the second artwork and sprite. Not really feeling the voice lines though.

Berserker also looks strong. Love the FA. Buster 1 animation is great as well. The only issue I have is the same issue I have with Nero Caster, except Nero Caster has Sprite 1 to get away from it.

Would be good to have some more male servants in my "main" Chaldea though. Right now it's just Kintoki, KH, and Waver.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Did this just become available today? Cause I didn't even realise there was a second banner lol (though tbh I rely on you for my JP news these days lmao).

Archer looks very strong in terms of gameplay. I like the second artwork and sprite. Not really feeling the voice lines though.

Berserker also looks strong. Love the FA. Buster 1 animation is great as well. The only issue I have is the same issue I have with Nero Caster, except Nero Caster has Sprite 1 to get away from it.

Would be good to have some more male servants in my "main" Chaldea though. Right now it's just Kintoki, KH, and Waver.

Also don't sleep on the 3 star.

Party wide 20 NP charge with debuff clear.

For a 3 star.

A 3 STAR.

The 3 star is secretly the best servant on the banner.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It took me six 10-pulls to get NP2 Aesclepius which is approximately way more resources than I was hoping to spend getting him. Not that I was aiming for NP2 - I went five 10-pulls without him and then got two on the last one. Only other notable pull was Nezha which, I mean, yeah, she'll eventually be useful, but Parvati is already ascension-locked because of a lack of pieces...

Did this just become available today?
Yeah, just happened.

The 3 star is secretly the best servant on the banner.
It's not a secret. He is, however, incredibly frustrating to pull for. I got spooked by so many other silver Casters... Given this experience with how hard it can be to roll a silver, I think I'm going to pass on Izou when he comes to NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.