• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe someone somewhere looked at the shiplock system of Kancolle and thought to themselves, "thats a pretty good idea, lets put something similar in our game"
Welp tbf, shiplocking isn't that bad.
if you wait till people figure out the event maps so you can plan ahead :p

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, with a lot of complaints during downtimes about not having anything to do, I thought most people have fully-leveled all their Servants already.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Reasons to keep Bunyan at Ascension 1.

- do not lewd best daughter
- her axe swinging attack on her arts card is the most adorable thing in the game

Farmed quite a bit today too to get ready for rider Ishtar. I think I'll get the rest on natural AP and then use the embers from the summer events, and I should have enough by then.

4QDUvPd.jpg

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm almost done with my rash of grinding in FFXIV I'm going to actually start these events in earnest so I can relax a bit before the next ones.

I have to get best Berserker.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the bond gimmick for the next epic?
Honestly, with a lot of complaints during downtimes about not having anything to do, I thought most people have fully-leveled all their Servants already.
I mean most of us have leveled the servants we actually use. I have around 30 sets of XP cards sitting in my inbox. Outside of this one event there's not really any reason to level absolutely everyone unless you want to or you want to have potential optimal setups for event clears.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So with Sherlock not destroying my sq and my 50 days quartz just coming in, I'll have around 210 sq for summer coming up, which is honestly 210 more than I expected.

How are people doing with saving for summer?

I have absolutely nothing for JP though, which sucks because the latest event doesn't give you any tickets nor sq. Can't complain with my luck that I've experienced recently though.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
So with Sherlock not destroying my sq and my 50 days quartz just coming in, I'll have around 210 sq for summer coming up, which is honestly 210 more than I expected.

I have absolutely nothing for JP though, which sucks because the latest event doesn't give you any tickets nor sq. Can't complain with my luck that I've experienced recently though.
Gonna hit 450 SQs by Summer 2019 Event~~~

Toss in about 70 ~ 80 tickets as well.

Hopefully there will be enough leftover for Eresh!

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

I thankfully have my allocated amount for the summer banners now. Hopefully fortune favours me.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
NA: I'll have over 300 SQ and 50+ tickets. After CCC, I have no expectation that it will be enough.
JP: I still have/have regained over 300 pulls. My thinking was that I'd potentially allot 100 pulls for each of: Summer 3 rerun, Anniversary 4, and Summer 4. Considering the length of Gudaguda, I'm not sure they can fit the Summer 3 rerun in before it, so if Anniversary comes first and I'm not interested I could end up being able to dedicate more to the Summer banners.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

I'm at around 327 sq. will do 2 pulls on the archuria banner for potential NP2 and then save the rest for Raikou Lancer NP5, In case I won't NP5 with the SQ I will have by then I'm going to whale.

I'm also attempting a crime against humanity

oFdggM6.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna hit 450 SQs by Summer 2019 Event~~~

Toss in about 70 ~ 80 tickets as well.

Hopefully there will be enough leftover for Eresh!

Nice, and you still got a while half a year to save for her anyway. :P

I thankfully have my allocated amount for the summer banners now. Hopefully fortune favours me.

Yeah definitely. Hoping that for everyone here. Me personally I feel like my good fortune is due to swing back soon...

NA: I'll have over 300 SQ and 50+ tickets. After CCC, I have no expectation that it will be enough.
JP: I still have/have regained over 300 pulls. My thinking was that I'd potentially allot 100 pulls for each of: Summer 3 rerun, Anniversary 4, and Summer 4. Considering the length of Gudaguda, I'm not sure they can fit the Summer 3 rerun in before it, so if Anniversary comes first and I'm not interested I could end up being able to dedicate more to the Summer banners.

I really want to pull for summer banana, but I'm spent on JP and the newest event welfare is a really good lancer...

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to pull for summer banana, but I'm spent on JP and the newest event welfare is a really good lancer...
Yeah, Ibaraki is adorbs and I want her but between Parvati, Nezha, and Feito-chan I'm kind of set on Lancers for the time being (plus there's probably going to be Chacha Lancer in Summer 4 and there's no telling who she'll be grouped with). I might throw a few pulls at Summer 3 part 1 for CEs and hope to get new arrivals, but my main goals are all in the second banner.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Did not realise you had to level Chacha's charge skill to get it to 10np a turn. Thankfully had more than enough of the resources needed (except Gold Gems ofc) so I don't really lose anything from taking it to 10. Can resume easy mode hands farming.
shimosa: all knight classes get bonus points (saber, archer, lancer)
salem: caster get bonus points
Thanks. Not sure how I'm going to take out Riders with casters. That should be fun.
You're right. I grabbed Nero's shortly after making that post.
Good man.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

I kinda stupidly spent a lot of my summer rerun stash trying to get Drake... hello NP3 Herc and D'Eon.... but I have a lot of farmable quartz in game since I'm still in Camelot so I'll have something to spend towards the end of it.... As for Summer 2 I was going to whale for Nero anyway.....

JP I pulled Mama Nobu with my day 3 summon tickets, going to save all quartz for Summer 4 and spend it on Summer Okita and/or Summer Medusa (believe), I'll throw my tickets at the summer 3 rerun... probably the BB/MHX one...

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I have ~330 right now. I still have a bunch of free quests, interludes and rank up quests I can clear. Im hoping to be at 400 and 20 tickets for summer 2.

I might try for Summer Mo though. Not sure yet. Considering I want NP2 Nero and 1 Salter I really shouldn't though.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats to everyone on their lucky rolls!

My hording is coming along nicely, I have 696 SQ and 134 tickets!
Which is why I'm preparing for the eventual heartbreak of not getting Caster Nero and Saber Fran, since my luck is terrible when it comes to rolls (7 SSRs on a account with a 744-day login streak).

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using most of the spare time on materials farming instead of embers, partly since we get the XP bundles in event shops and monthly workshop resets, and partly since I'll get a ton from the upcoming lottery. And also since some of them really aren't worth leveling any further unless I literally have nothing else to do.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Also I don't know if people should be that worried over trying to match bond bonus lists unless they're trying to play within the thematic bounds of the story. There's only a handful of bond CEs that have utility beyond a normal CE and the bonus quartz from increasing levels comes in at an incredibly slow rate regardless.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
it just feels like I'm "wasting" bond points, doesn't make much sense I know but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Whelp GSSR got me NP2 Orion... Worst possible timeline.

When is Summer 2 expected? Summer 1 this Thursday so 2 weeks later?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's free bond points. Why would I not lol. I want all the free quartz.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
It costs AP to farm the embers though and only so much can go naturally in a day for AP. So unless you apple, you might get like 5 to 7 attempts in a day of just lvl 40 node for ember and that can barely get you 20 embers based on RNG. Then different rarities need different amounts of embers with SSRs needing like 200+ just to hit level 90.

Now is the best time to apple for embers. I'm waiting for today/tomorrow to get Archer Embers. I'll probably spend like 5 apples for embers.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since everyone is posting their summer plans, my current goal is to try for Summer Nero/Raikou with tickets, and saving my SQ for Merlin's return. Since this is the last solo rate-up he has this will be my last chance to try for him. I have a little over 630 SQ, and should have around 700 SQ or so when he hits. I have something like 65 tickets (IIRC) that I'll try for summer characters. I do really want Nero/Raikou, but they'll return next year so if I fail to get them now I'll have another try then.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For summer plans, i have less than most ppl stashed since i did more Sherlock pulls than i should have done, but i'm hoping 150 quartz will be okay to get summer nobu np1. If it don't, i'll just try again next year.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
IF YOU GET SUMMER NERO BEFORE ME.....
I've been lucky with tickets the last while so we'll see if it keeps up. Regardless, I'll probably only have around 70 tickets to spend on her (since I refuse to dip into my Merlin fund). Fate will decide for me, I guess. That being said, I've yet to pull any summer Servant so far, so...

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk of summer is starting to get me nervous now. We've waited so long. And it's Nero. At least I won't have to do my pulls on day 1 of her banner seeing as I'm waiting for the Nobu rate up.
I've been lucky with tickets the last while so we'll see if it keeps up. Regardless, I'll probably only have around 70 tickets to spend on her (since I refuse to dip into my Merlin fund). Fate will decide for me, I guess. That being said, I've yet to pull any summer Servant so far, so...
O yeah I forgot about your weird summer luck. Raikou is one of your favs though so she's guaranteed to come home. That's just how it works.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
When we're all talking about budgeting for whichever servants, I wish there was a way to identify if a given person is completely FTP, has spent here and there, or went all in for something before. Kind of changes the dynamic of saying you've allocated X quartz depending on whether that's an amount you're willing to spend in real money or not.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My budget is entirely based on free quartz, hence why I'm looking so far out into the future already. The only thing I pay for is GSSRs, and even then I skip some when the odds don't look good (like this one). Any spare change I have for Fate goes into merch like nendoroids instead of FGO.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
O yeah I forgot about your weird summer luck. Raikou is one of your favs though so she's guaranteed to come home. That's just how it works.
I really hope that's the case. :(

My budget is entirely based on free quartz, hence why I'm looking so far out into the future already. The only thing I pay for is GSSRs, and even then I skip some when the odds don't look good (like this one). Any spare change I have for Fate goes into merch like nendoroids instead of FGO.
Same exact situation for me, only I've done every single guaranteed pull so far (and will continue to do so). It's my way of supporting the game and limiting my spending, since the guaranteed banners only come around two times a year (New Years and Anniversary).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opened this up after seeing an advert for the second anniversary. Is the "guaranteed summon" really a 1 in 51 chance of getting the unit you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.