• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna skip the summer units as i'm not interested on them and all my pulls are done with free quartz too so I can't summon too often. My plan is to just save up and aim for Raikou (third time's a charm .... right?), Murasaki, Hokusai and big Nobu, anything else is either a skip or ticket summons

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
When we're all talking about budgeting for whichever servants, I wish there was a way to identify if a given person is completely FTP, has spent here and there, or went all in for something before. Kind of changes the dynamic of saying you've allocated X quartz depending on whether that's an amount you're willing to spend in real money or not.
I haven't spent money on this game since the first time Onigashima came around (I can pull GSSRs because I have a large stock of paid SQ left over from back then). CCC wiped out any bonus free SQ I might have had left from my spending days, so nowadays my non-GSSR pulls are based purely on free supplies.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Golden boy was good to me again on the onigashima banner, unlike some other golden prick who shall not be named. So I have 330ish sq, with the 30 anniversary and my x day bonus soon I should hopefully be near 400 by summer 2.

Not sure how I want to split it up tho. I might try for one more copy of punch Martha since there still isn't an extra class I'd replace her with on jp. Mlb the 4 star ce in summer 2 part 1 (on nobus solo banner just in case i fet lucky) and then the rest on summer raikou/maid alter and possibly put some money down from there since its my last real banner of the year.

Whelp GSSR got me NP2 Orion... Worst possible timeline.

Ooof, I'm so so sorry for you.

Honestly, with a lot of complaints during downtimes about not having anything to do, I thought most people have fully-leveled all their Servants already.

With the drop rates and amounts nothing is worth farming outside of events. Especially embers with that 3 class split bullshit, no reason they shouldn't be 1 class per day or all embers all the time.

So dead weeks are literally just dead weeks for me.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Golden boy was good to me again on 5hr onigashima banner, unlike some other golden prick who shall not be named. So I have 330ish sq, with the 30 anniversary and my x day bonus soon I should hopefully be near 400 by summer 2.

Not sure how I want to split it up tho. I might try for one more copy of punch Martha since there still isn't an extra class of replace her with on jp. Mlb the 4 star ce in supper 2 part 1 (on nobus solo banner just in case i fet lucky) and then treat on summer raikou and possibly put some money down from thete since its my last real banner of the year.

Ooof, I'm so so sorry for you.

With the drop rates and amounts nothing is worth farming outside of events. Especially embers with that 3 class split bullshit, no reason they shouldn't be 1 class per day or all embers all the time.

So dead weeks are literally just dead weeks for me.

You know you can use any embers on any class right?

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017
Did over 100 pulls between SQ and tickets and no Holmes. Time to give up. Then I look ahead and see there is an Extra class only GSSR next anniversary. If I knew that I would have quit earlier. Still have about 300 SQ left for a second shot at Summer Mordred and Archuria.

I've been looking forward to Setsubun since it sounds like the most interesting event mechanically after the Mission type events and challenge quests. It lasts 7 days. Fatigue status lasts 4 hours but you can reduce that to 2 hours for up to 5 servants in the hot springs. Assuming one tries to play 16hs each day, you need to be able to field a minimum of 7 unique teams of 3-6 servants to fully clear the event.

Been taking advantage of the 1/2 embers and 3x success in the meantime.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
My JP account is lucksacking at a way higher rate than my NA account ever did.....

Was going to yolo a single roll for Nero bride but that banner was over, yolo'd a single pull on story (lol) and got Osakabehime.

jp stealing my na luck.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Support got back to me and confirm that despite my game crashing on the Orleans quartz retrieval I did get it. Provided the log and quartz totals at each transaction so everything lined up.
When we're all talking about budgeting for whichever servants, I wish there was a way to identify if a given person is completely FTP, has spent here and there, or went all in for something before. Kind of changes the dynamic of saying you've allocated X quartz depending on whether that's an amount you're willing to spend in real money or not.
I mean, you could just go with asking and trusting that they're not lying lol. As far as I've seen people have been pretty open with that information. I personally have spent once for the guaranteed new years banner. I bought the 42(?) quartz pack. Other than that I just save for very long periods of time. Last year I saved for 7 straight months to get 600 quartz for Nero Bride. I spent tickets in that time though (spent 50 on Sanzang banner, did not get her then). This year I've been saving since King Hassan, so I think when summer comes it will have been another 7 months since I've pulled. I've barely spent tickets this year. I think the most I've spent was 20 on the 2030 banner.
Especially embers with that 3 class split bullshit, no reason they shouldn't be 1 class per day or all embers all the time.
That's...actually a good point. I never thought of that. 7 classes, 7 days. I had the "?" day as well.
Did over 100 pulls between SQ and tickets and no Holmes. Time to give up. Then I look ahead and see there is an Extra class only GSSR next anniversary. If I knew that I would have quit earlier. Still have about 300 SQ left for a second shot at Summer Mordred and Archuria.

I've been looking forward to Setsubun since it sounds like the most interesting event mechanically after the Mission type events and challenge quests. It lasts 7 days. Fatigue status lasts 4 hours but you can reduce that to 2 hours for up to 5 servants in the hot springs. Assuming one tries to play 16hs each day, you need to be able to field a minimum of 7 unique teams of 3-6 servants to fully clear the event.

Been taking advantage of the 1/2 embers and 3x success in the meantime.
Ok that sounds a lot better than I thought. I could probably manage that with my current roster tbh. Each team would only be able to get one support though.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Planning to farm at least 10 golden apples worth of QP today.

Luckily I have the most brain-dead QP farming team in the world with casgil, tamamo and surfmo.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
grinding qp is making me realize the lack of a skip np option is grade-a bullshit. And it kinda pisses me off that they make it a running gag in learning fgo.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We're also supposed to get Dantes normal animations update along with the summer skin next year.

badarchetype

Nov 20, 2017
I've been drifting back to Fate while still playing Granblue events. It's hard to get back into good combat awareness after so long off. I can't remember what CEs are good for who anymore. And I need to get through America still.

Got extremely lucky on the paid ticket and ended up with one of my elusive favs, Karna. Sorry level 92 Cu, I need to get the sun boy slotted in next to Arjuna. Now wondering if I should try for Cu Alter on his Sherlock rate-up banner or save for Hijikata.

Oct 25, 2017
W
I've been drifting back to Fate while still playing Granblue events. It's hard to get back into good combat awareness after so long off. I can't remember what CEs are good for who anymore. And I need to get through America still.

Got extremely lucky on the paid ticket and ended up with one of my elusive favs, Karna. Sorry level 92 Cu, I need to get the sun boy slotted in next to Arjuna. Now wondering if I should try for Cu Alter on his Sherlock rate-up banner or save for Hijikata.

Karna is LIFE, enjoy him.

And his animation update coming in12 years, AMAZE.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of lame that we're basically losing about 2.5 days of the half-AP dailies campaign due to the overlap with the summer rerun. Also the one master mission that asks for Saber or Assassin statues, clearly designed to take advantage of the dailies... except both of those class training grounds are during the first days of the event.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of lame that we're basically losing about 2.5 days of the half-AP dailies campaign due to the overlap with the summer rerun. Also the one master mission that asks for Saber or Assassin statues, clearly designed to take advantage of the dailies... except both of those class training grounds are during the first days of the event.

No need to actually rush the summer event though. You get so much time for it. Too much time.

I'm certainly not going to start it immediately especially seeing that I had so many CEs from last year.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Only got into 5 apples into my 10 apple does farming plan last night mostly to preserve my sanity. I'll split the other 5 apples over the next few days. Not too bad though, went from 48 million to 115 million. Ideally I want to be at least at 200 million.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Been using the half ap dailies to max lvl some long overdue servants. Cu, Bedivere, Robin, Santa Lily and Mozart are finally level capped, just finished Bunyan too, and now I'm working on David and Blavatsky (probably won't max them now though, I'm done wasting apples today and there's always nerofest to look forward to). And still so many to go... and that's not even counting skills, gem hell is the worst hell.

On an unrelated note, I finally finished Hollow Ataraxia. Despite a very promising start I ended up not enjoying it as much as the 3 routes from Stay Night. There's only so much slice of life I can take, specially when so much of it revolves around food lol. I still liked it quite a bit though. Lots of interesting background stories, like I finally understand what Kuzuki's whole deal is so he's no longer just a less interesting discount Kirei, Medusa got some much needed characterization and history that finally made me care for her character, Caster's story was sad and made me despise Jason in retrospect, that one bridge encounter early on was fucking hype, as was the "Last Interlude", my man Cu finally got some spotlight and Gae Bolg actually worked(!), and Angra is a great character. Sure would be great if he felt like showing up in my account! Some aspects of the narrative are... a little hazy to say the least, but just like other things type-moon I just kind of accepted them and rolled with it. Sometimes it feels like Nasu makes some plot elements way more convoluted than they need to be. But there's one thing I kept expecting to be brought up again and it never was?

What was the deal with those Edelfelt Rin/Sakura look-alikes? Like, I get that they're the sisters from the third war but... why were they there? What even happened to them? Angra just dropped them in the "simulation" and then forgot? Seems like a random plot element that goes nowhere.

Also, shame that Kirei only got one scene to work with, but at least it was a pretty good one.

Caren servant when, DW?

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I noticed that summer2018 actually gives 200 all xp so I decided to use up some of the mailbox stash and with some good succ rng... I'm all out of grails.

Z8SjUqd.png

w3LxS2F.png

Is there a list of how many grails we get from here?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm constantly running up against storage limits now thanks to the 1/2 AP embers. It's gotten to the point where I had to deplete my stash of Lancer embers (they're the ones I'm least likely to need) just so I can keep bringing in embers to level up Servants. I really should figure out which Tamamo should get the gold Fous. That would make a bit more space. But I wonder, do I even need to do this? I have a bunch of EXP in the mail and there's more to come.

Hm... Seventeen clumps of 50x gold exp = 850 gold exp + 400 from the Summer events + August monthly exp = 1300 gold exp
Best case scenario for Summer would be Fran, Nero, Raikou, Malter, and of course Ishtar, so that's potentially two SSRs and three SRs.
2 * 375 + 3 * 264 = 1542

So as long as I get all the embers from the shops I'll have enough, taking into account the embers in my boxes. But I still have Shuten and Jimmy to level.

Speaking of, Jimmy is kinda growing on me. The more I hear of his voice, the more glad I am that I pulled him. I want to get him to max level and bond 5 before Saber Fran shows up so she can see how well I'm treating her Papa.

Also, got my supports for Summer set up. Gonna try to remember to switch to it before maintenance begins.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just thankful I did EVERYTHING last summer, that includes de-constructing everything and building each individual piece just so I could get all of the story events. I can take it easy this year which is good, 'cause I'll likely be grinding 1/2 AP dailies for the beginning of it.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not like I need the XP right now either, it's just the principle of overlapping the campaign with the event. Not everyone's hyper-prepared.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm constantly running up against storage limits now thanks to the 1/2 AP embers. It's gotten to the point where I had to deplete my stash of Lancer embers (they're the ones I'm least likely to need) just so I can keep bringing in embers to level up Servants. I really should figure out which Tamamo should get the gold Fous. That would make a bit more space. But I wonder, do I even need to do this? I have a bunch of EXP in the mail and there's more to come.

Hm... Seventeen clumps of 50x gold exp = 850 gold exp + 400 from the Summer events + August monthly exp = 1300 gold exp
Best case scenario for Summer would be Fran, Nero, Raikou, Malter, and of course Ishtar, so that's potentially two SSRs and three SRs.
2 * 375 + 3 * 264 = 1542

So as long as I get all the embers from the shops I'll have enough, taking into account the embers in my boxes. But I still have Shuten and Jimmy to level.

Speaking of, Jimmy is kinda growing on me. The more I hear of his voice, the more glad I am that I pulled him. I want to get him to max level and bond 5 before Saber Fran shows up so she can see how well I'm treating her Papa.

Also, got my supports for Summer set up. Gonna try to remember to switch to it before maintenance begins.

Damage Fous for Lancer and health Fous for caster. EZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.