• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Saber Alter vs Heracles
in the second Heaven's Feel is supposedly godly as well, but I'm still waiting for the BD release.

Thanks for the opinions, guess I might as well watch it after all. Even if the whole is flawed, as long as some parts of it are cool then it should still be worth a try.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Those are hard to beat but I still have to go with Karna. The Apocrypha theme is just so damn good and goes along with that fight so well.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I really hate the overuse of obvious cgi in Heavens Feel movies, does it get cleaned up in the blu-ray releases?

Really hard to call Cu Vs. Hassan a fight scene when it's more like a chase lol.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Since some people were discussing Apocrypha, is it even worth watching or reading? On one hand I want to watch it for Karna, Mordred, Jeanne and Amakusa, but I only ever see people bashing it.
I'd say watch it. The fights and servant interactions are worthwhile, perhaps watch it in the background though. Apocrypha is mostly bashed because it quickly veers into only focusing upon Jeanne and Sieg. Those two characters are too boring especially compared to the rest of the ensemble. Plus the plot falls apart when you realize just how badly the Reds outclass the Black team.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I have now reached the required amount of QP needed to 10/10/10 Lv100 Ishtar rider immediately.

Now I just need more goddess wine...

Which is a complete pain in the ass to farm...

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Since some people were discussing Apocrypha, is it even worth watching or reading? On one hand I want to watch it for Karna, Mordred, Jeanne and Amakusa, but I only ever see people bashing it.

I also want to read Prototype Fragments but finding the translations is such a mess. Sometimes it feels like Strange Fake is like the only Fate spin-off being consistently translated and shared in an accessible manner (and Illya I guess), everything else is either ignored or a rubic's cube of summaries and incomplete translations.
There are some bad elements and some good elements, but generally the good elements make it worth watching.

Good stuff: Astolfo is amazing, don't let his fanbase fool you he's genuinely a great character. Sieg can be pretty cool on occasion and his interactions with Astolfo are great. Everything with Mordred and her Master is really fun. Some of the animation in the second half is utterly sublime. The fights are generally really cool, even if some points of the coolest fights are ripped off from SN/HA/Zero. Shakespeare is really fun even if his final troll move is kind of dumb.

Bad stuff: Sieg is mostly a boring protagonist outside of his interactions with Astolfo. The Jeanne/Sieg romance subplot is one of the worst I've ever seen in any medium, basically just a bad ripoff of the Saber/Shirou romance from F/SN (which wasn't good to begin with). Most of the cast is pretty extraneous, either a rehash of character archetypes seen before in Type Moon works or just uninteresting in general. There's a number of characters that are just outright bad, but they all get killed off around the halfway point. A good deal of the animation in the first half is laughably bad. Other than Astolfo characters who appear in other Fate works are generally worse here than in said other works because Higashide isn't good at writing them (comparing Spartacus here to FGO's LB3 is particularly hilarious).

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
NA: I remembered to switch to my event supports before maintenance!

JP: Got Feito permanent and NP5! But the event isn't quite as beginner-friendly as it looked at first.
There was another damage-check - an 750k HP Caster orochi (wine-dropping monster) that heals as it attacks. If I'd had to take it out in a single turn I would have failed. Bringing a support Rider failed again and again (none of my friends have the damage CE on a Rider, which contributed), so I decided to bring a support Skadi to support my Ushi. Between her buff/debuff/NP-charge and a couple command seals, I was able to launch five NPs from Ushi and Feito in three turns, which was just barely enough.

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
Talking about CGI and Ufotable. I watched the second HF movie in the cinema in february and I remember there being almost no CGI during the big battle of the movie at all (and the OST during that scene was amazing). Can't wait to watch it again in BD quality. Might be even better than Sieg vs Karna.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing what I did last year and building the things that are easiest to farm. Literally couldn't care any less about this events story lol.

I also want to read Prototype Fragments but finding the translations is such a mess. Sometimes it feels like Strange Fake is like the only Fate spin-off being consistently translated and shared in an accessible manner (and Illya I guess), everything else is either ignored or a rubic's cube of summaries and incomplete translations.
I bash it a lot, but mostly because it broke my heart so to speak. I had lost interest in Fate. The good just didn't outweigh the bad for me. Then the first 12 episodes of FA dropped on Netflix and it was badass. It's the thing that got me back into Fate and got me to start playing FGO. But the next 12 episodes were just garbage baring some very good moments. The story just became nonsense and focused on some forced relationship that had absolutely no build up whatsoever. So that's why I personally hate it.

But should you watch it? I think so. It has without a doubt the best ost of any Fate production. Mordred is written really well and a lot better than anything offered in FGO. You get an idea of how different she is from Artoria from the first episode when she details her wish for the grail. Her storyline is also the most interesting of the 4 perspectives in the first half. There's tons of characters and most of them are really cool. It just all falls apart around episode 12. It's a shame really, but then that's most Fate stories I guess.
AtalanteXAchilles had me on the verge of tears myself.
Yup. Best moment in the entire show imo.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Antiwhippy How does your QP farming team with Mordred (rider) + CasGil + tamamo work? I'm approaching bond 10 with my QP farmers and I was thinking the team you mentioned might be useful

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Last year my pick was all lumber coz it's the easiest one, this time I'm gonna do the opposite and go full Iron man.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Antiwhippy How does your QP farming team with Mordred (rider) + CasGil + tamamo work? I'm approaching bond 10 with my QP farmers and I was thinking the team you mentioned might be useful

Casgil cast arts buff.

Tamamo casts arts buff.

Surfmo casts arts buff and np charge (either get a kscope or a 50% card with mage association to top up)

Press np button 3 times.

Done.

Caveat is that all the arts buffs have to be 10.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Casgil cast arts buff.

Tamamo casts arts buff.

Surfmo casts arts buff and np charge (either get a kscope or a 50% card with mage association to top up)

Press np button 3 times.

Done.

Caveat is that all the arts buffs have to be 10.
Thanks, I think I'll change CasGil with Mozart since I cannot level up his arts skill currently

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I think I'll change CasGil with Mozart since I cannot level up his arts skill currently
Yeah that should be fine. The fragments of 2030 uniform thing with the arts buff should be used then if you can Kscope it.

Hell you can just plugsuit it up and bring in another NP rate up/arts buffer but I dislike making plugsuit setups if I can help it because I find the process of plugsuiting tedious in the long run.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered that i should probably put my grailed Angra to my support list. With the event challenge quest, it's probably the only time ever where there's a chance somebody will use him.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blew 8 rolls and Cu Alter continues to evade me (as did anything other than Li Shuwen, who seems a bit rubbish? Even if I do like the actual person its based on)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Blew 8 rolls and Cu Alter continues to evade me (as did anything other than Li Shuwen, who seems a bit rubbish? Even if I do like the actual person its based on)

Li shuwen is pretty damn good actually, it's just that his cooldowns are on the longer side. Not that hard to mitigate in an arts team though.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder to take a break from the event to grab some Assassin monuments/pieces today. Clear the Master Missions while the clearing is good!

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Took me 15 tickets but I got NP2 Bedi! Was hoping for Lancelot to show up too but I should probably stop while I'm ahead, the odds aren't looking too good for me right now. There's always the SR ticket.

And concerning Apocrypha, I appreciate all the answers and will watch it now that I know more or less what to expect. Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I'm not even bothering with the event right now. 1/2 AP Doors is way too good to pass up right now.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey let's unlock mashu's costume.

*sees that it needs 5 medals and 3 mil QP*

Damn you have expansive taste huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.