• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Left all the challenge quests until today. Did not realise the saber alter quest was one of them. I really dislike servants having np charge skills when even an aoe np can wipe your team. At least tell us the cooldown on the skills for some actual counterplay. No clue how I did this first time before.

I think she only uses the np charge of you break get bar.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't need it for myself, I was asking if anyone else wanted a writeup, but you beat me to it anyway. Especially if you're also cribbing from the appmedia analysis pages.
Ah sorry, completely misread that. Note to self, don't read Era first thing in the morning lol.
I think she only uses the np charge of you break get bar.
That's what I thought, but then she used it randomly and killed my whole team. Just did it though. Went down to the wire. Not going to lie, that almost made me consider rolling for Archuria. Chloe was just not doing the business.

Asagami when?!

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
For this year summer banner, outside of the featured SSRs, I kinda want Saber Fran, because in my Chaldea everyone has the right to talk.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
The tragedy is that I had them and then in a levelling frenzy I used them during 1/2 ap, pages back I was whining how I didn't have wines for Scheherazade final ascension but only to bring her from 70 to 80, that's what I used my wines for, and then realized my mistake.
I also need 2 more proofs anyway (I used them like a silly goose too), if we get 1 dead week I'll try to work on those.
I'm hoping for a dead week too, just so I can blast through Agartha for those 4 extra Wines I'll need. Can't wait to grail my second servant when Summer 2 arrives!

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished part 2 Challenge quest in 62 turns with a team of Merlin, archuria and Mash.
I got to say, Mash was definitively the MVP of that fight, the almost back-to-back np for Defense up pretty much made the entire team invincible most of the fight.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Whoo, took a while but I beat both Challenge Quests today.
Uh6iC92h.jpg

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Failed my challenge quest attempt. Was using Archuria/Merlin/Jeanne. After 50ish turns I had one turn where I ran out of invincibility buffs, Merlin died, and it all went downhill from there. Will try Mash next time but I'll focus on clearing the event shop first.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Summer 3 you have to grind 3 seperate points ladder.

With no shared points node.

With 3 different ladder points CE.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Summer being a grind seems like a trend. Wonder how Summer 4 will look like.

Good thing about the upcoming Nerofest for NA is that you don't have to grind for that 5th copy of 2 Gods 3 Legs. Fantastic CE for anyone who has Hijikata.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the second Summer Event is CCC tier of grind from what I hear, thoigh, I don't know if we will get any apples to ease up on it like Japan. Next year is even worst where most players couldn't even get all the ascension materials for the welfare servant.
I can't see how that's possible. That must be an exaggeration. Three of Jaltzerker's ascension items are at 50k in each of the points ladders and the fourth is in the shop. I grabbed all of them before the first day of the rerun was done. Granted, I had Jarcher to boost my points gain, but the only other points-boosting Servants I have on JP are Robin and Mash. Other players should on average be able to have a bigger boost than me.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see how that's possible. That must be an exaggeration. Three of Jaltzerker's ascension items are at 50k in each of the points ladders and the fourth is in the shop. I grabbed all of them before the first day of the rerun was done.

Apparently you need to reach a total of 800K point before the 6th day or it'll reset?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently you need to reach a total of 800K point before the 6th day or it'll reset?
Wait, Antiwhippy, don't you have a JP account? How'd you get that impression? The days refer to the loop. The loop resets, but you don't lose any progress. Heck, I'm on loop 4 and 799k points right now and my Jaltzerker is fully ascended and leveled. How would resetting progress on her ascension items even work at this point?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Antiwhippy, don't you have a JP account? How'd you get that impression? The days refer to the loop. The loop resets, but you don't lose any progress. Heck, I'm on loop 4 and 799k points right now and my Jaltzerker is fully ascended and leveled. How would resetting progress on her ascension items even work at this point?

To make her permanent and NP copies I believe.

Also look, I don't know japanese, I just ask questions on reddit and then just eep grinding for gems hoping that I'm doing things correctly lol.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
To make her permanent and NP copies I believe.

Also look, I don't know japanese, I just ask questions on reddit and then just eep grinding for gems hoping that I'm doing things correctly lol.
Well, yeah, to make her permanent you need 800k points (and to loop through quite a few times, I believe), but my comment was on the absurdity of the idea that people couldn't manage to get all of her ascension items during the whole event when I, a new player on JP, managed to get all of them on the first day.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Summer 3 isn't bad all things considered. You get almost 3 weeks for it and the best farming nodes are all pretty straight forward, unlike summer 1. Fully clearing summer 3 the first time will be worth your while considering all the Rare Prisms the re-run offers. And yeah, getting welfare Jeanne Alter is trivial compared to mission based events with welfares where you basically need to complete 90% of the event to get all their copies and ascension mats.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Maybe, saying a majority of players was an exaggeration, but I do remember a lot of people complaining that they couldn't complete their Jalter.
Well, yeah, to make her permanent you need 800k points (and to loop through quite a few times, I believe), but my comment was on the absurdity of the idea that people couldn't manage to get all of her ascension items during the whole event when I, a new player on JP, managed to get all of them on the first day.
That's not hard to understand. You have knowledge of the experience players needed to suffer through last year, and because of it know what nodes to farm. CCC was considered one of the grindiest event in JP but was a breeze to us as we already know what to farm. I salute them finding the best node to easily farm Eater X, as it must've been hell to waste so much AP hoping they appear in any other node.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's annoying about part 3 is the raids after you already ground through the story. Was only about to get NP 1 Summer Jalter last year in JP.

I finished summer part 1 tonight. Not bad since I didn't start until after the 1/2 AP dailys ended.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's annoying about part 3 is the raids after you already ground through the story. Was only about to get NP 1 Summer Jalter last year in JP.
For new accounts, it's a matter of having enough free time to chip away at them with good supports. All the damage you do counts, even if you are getting wiped with every attempt.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the ideal team comp (including CEs) and/or strategy for the part 2 boars challenge quest? Looking at the screenshot/comments as posted above, seems like the idea is to Arash out the first wave then just settle in for a long endurance fight using Mash, Merlin, and the strongest ST servant you can get?

Last edited:

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
So what is the ideal team comp (including CEs) and/or strategy for the boards challenge quest? Looking at the screenshot/comments as posted above, seems like the idea is to Arash out the first wave then just settle in for a long endurance fight using Mash, Merlin, and the strongest ST servant you can get?

For the snails you'll do almost no damage, so you'll need someone that inflicts poison like Serenity or Shuten, so you can just burn them to death. Keep them alive with Mash or Jeanne, and Waver.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
For the snails you'll do almost no damage, so you'll need someone that inflicts poison like Serenity or Shuten, so you can just burn them to death. Keep them alive with Mash or Jeanne, and Waver.
I screwed up and typed "boards" instead of "boars" but I went ahead and also added part 2 to be extremely clear what I was referring to. Crabs were (relatively) easy thanks to Saberlot and some damage plus CEs.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I screwed up and typed "boards" instead of "boars" but I went ahead and also added part 2 to be extremely clear what I was referring to. Crabs were (relatively) easy thanks to Saberlot and some damage plus CEs.
You want a team that is able to buff your defense pretty much without pause. Mash is probably the best choice for that considering she can lower the boar damage considerably, with some rounds possibly nullifying the entire dmg.
Since you wish to get her to NP a lot of the time, bringing Arts servants for arts chains is a great choice. Personally, i would recommend someone that can heal, and a dps.
For the healer, Merlin or Medea lilly do the trick, since they'll be able to heal anything that Mash was not able to cancel.
For the dps, your best arts ST should do the trick, through i would recommend archuria if you've got her since her np drain can help keeping the boars np consistent (To make sure you don't end up with the 3 boars nping every turn, for 3 turns in a row, in other words.).
For the CE, if you've got 2-3 Fragments of 2030, the added chance to arts crits is well worth it. Otherwise, probably def up CE for the healer and dps coupled with Np gain CE for Mash.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
You want a team that is able to buff your defense pretty much without pause. Mash is probably the best choice for that considering she can lower the boar damage considerably, with some rounds possibly nullifying the entire dmg.
Since you wish to get her to NP a lot of the time, bringing Arts servants for arts chains is a great choice. Personally, i would recommend someone that can heal, and a dps.
For the healer, Merlin or Medea lilly do the trick, since they'll be able to heal anything that Mash was not able to cancel.
For the dps, your best arts ST should do the trick, through i would recommend archuria if you've got her since her np drain can help keeping the boars np consistent (To make sure you don't end up with the 3 boars nping every turn, for 3 turns in a row, in other words.).
For the CE, if you've got 2-3 Fragments of 2030, the added chance to arts crits is well worth it. Otherwise, probably def up CE for the healer and dps coupled with Np gain CE for Mash.
Going to be borrowing the Merlin from support so hopefully somebody out there has 2030 on him right now. The best I have for the main damage dealer role would probably be either Vlad or Lancelot, then; the former has his DEF and NP drain skills but worse NP gain on normal attacks while the latter would be more consistent with providing stars over time and deal more damage. Was also thinking maybe Ozy; while his NP isn't Arts he has a strong self-heal and DEF buff plus the occasional party NP charge. Can put my own 2030 on Mash, but then the question is what CE for the attacker; or I can put 2030 on the attacker and give Fox Night's Dream to Mash (20% NP gain up and 3 more stars per turn). If I did use Ozy I was thinking Black Grail since his own self-heal can offset the damage over time.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fino plays has an hour and a half video of Rolling for squirtoria. Just straight Rolling.

And he only got one.

When I watch vids like that, I feel like that's what my whaling experience would be if I ever went all in.

In any case, I just got my first angry man through my free 10x summon this morning. Feeling lucky, I threw in a ticket and managed to NP2 a servant!

Unfortunately that servant was Florence Nightingale.

I then threw in another ticket for the hell of it and got a ryudoji temple which (besides mapo tofu) is a clear sign that I should stop.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I rolled all I could, now to wait for summer part 2 but Raikous banner only. EVO is gonna make sure I can only realistically pull on one portion of the banner. Hope I get Raikou early to save for later banners.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I rolled all I could, now to wait for summer part 2 but Raikous banner only. EVO is gonna make sure I can only realistically pull on one portion of the banner. Hope I get Raikou early to save for later banners.
I'm missing something here. How does Evo impact your pulls?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Expenses lol. It would be nice to have a bank but Zerker Raikou took all that and the other banners kept me from getting back up to high numbers.
Ah gotcha. Was thinking you meant there wasn't enough time or something which is why I was confused lol. I'm envious though. I've watched Evo for maybe the last 7 years or so but never once been. Would love to go at some point. Have you been before?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared the part 2 challenge quest with Shuten, Mash, and Merlin, all equipped with Prisma Cosmos, while I was wearing the mystic code with skill-cooldown reducer. The rest of the team didn't matter because they never got called in. I couldn't really keep the boars' charges lined up, but I think that worked to my advantage. The closest I came to someone dying was after all three boars had their bars filled at once and the only defenses I had ready were Mash's first skill and Shuten's NP (which reduces enemy attack strength). That got Merlin and Shuten down to below 5k HP.

Would not recommend. Took 80+ turns. There has to be a better way. Not that I'm going to look for one. I don't want to do that again.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Ah gotcha. Was thinking you meant there wasn't enough time or something which is why I was confused lol. I'm envious though. I've watched Evo for maybe the last 7 years or so but never once been. Would love to go at some point. Have you been before?

Yeah I went like 2 years ago. Bunch of friends are going. We might do a group pull for servants at EVO lol.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The last time I completed a "survey" it turned out to be a contract, and now I'm a Magical Girl (I'm also a guy, so yeah...the attire is embarrassing).

Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.