• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
As on offensive servant I think she's good. The main strengths she has as an offensive caster are that she's the only caster that can buster brave and her np gain is beyond ridiculous. She has 50% np charge and crazy np gain on her 2 arts cards so she can use her np often. She also has an 80% attack buff for 3 turns through 2 skills which is insane, but the 50% portion can only be used every 7 turns (a trade off for being the strongest 3 turn attack buff in the game outside of Nobu Avenger). The downsides being that she's aoe and her attack stat isn't as high as some of the offensive casters, especially when you take into consideration the caster damage multiplier of 0.9.

If I'm fortunate enough to get her I will be using her as my main offensive caster. Nero is my favourite character so I want to use her, and buster crit is my favourite composition so I have a ridiculous (and probably impractical) plan to use her in that manner.

But I think if you want a purely offensive caster for story and challenge quests then imo it is better to wait until next Halloween for the free caster Shuten. Being free she's NP5, she's ST, has an attack buff, buster buff, and an arts buff. She's a solid servant, though her attack stat is quite low. Sanzang will probably get another rate up at some point too if you want someone more immediately.
Sure. Caster Nero thoughts above.

Lancer Raikou imo is one of the best ST Lancers in the game. Her ability to main a constant crit status is so good. NP gains 20 stars. 1 turn 1000% absorption. 3 turn aoe crit generation buff with 2 3 hit quick cards. She can buster brave, has a 40% 3 turn buster buff, and a 3 turn 20% aoe attack buff. If you like buster crit she is so strong and is pretty self contained.

Saber Fran is really good. She has an attack buff, an np damage buff, and an np gain rate buff, all on a 5 turn cooldowns. All her skills have demerits but they aren't that major. Her second skill is ok but only worth upgrading if you have the spare resources. And she has 2 chances to stun the enemy off her np which is really cool imo. Also quick buster is a good card set to have. She has decent np gain on her quick cards due to 3 hits and the buff as long as you crit. If you're rocking a Merlin or Hans support to cancel out her small issues she is an excellent choice for your main ST saber.

Zerker Nobu is a bit of a weird servant. She's basically a hybrid berzerker. Her second skill is a really good support skill, but her third skill allows her to crit for 1 turn on a 4 turn cd. She has a 3 turn 20% buster buff but it's tied to her evasion skill which is rarely a good thing, and her NP doesn't offer anything other than damage. She's a servant that's good in niche comps and situations, but she's not your go to everyday zerker.

Ass Nito is literally there for dat ass. I don't think she's useful at all. Her third skill is strong and her NP lowers def, but arts quick is not a good card pool and she doesn't really offer anything...apart from the FA lol.

Archer Helena is pretty much the same. Her mana burst is only 40%, she can generate stars but only 5 a turn, and her NP does nothing useful. She does have a 20% party np charge though so if you need another one of those there's that.

Maid Alter is in an unfortunate situation. She has a good skill set but a bad card pool that wasn't salvaged by her stats. She has a 1 attack 30% quick buff on a 3 turn cd, a 3 turn attack and quick buff, and a skill that can lower an ally's cooldown by 1 and increase their crit star generation. All of this makes her really good at consistently generating stars with a good damage output on her quick cards. But she has an arts quick deck. This should have been able to allow her to NP spam, except they gave her a 0.59% np gain rate with 3 hits on her arts card. If she had 2 hits at 0.9% (resulting in the same overall np gain on her arts cards) she would have had a much easier time as her np gain on her 3 hit quick cards and 5 hit extra attacks would be a lot better. She can still do it though, but she needs real help from the supports.
Reminds me of the Gawain fight. It's as you say, there's no challenge behind it.
Wow thanks for the very detailed write-up!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Nero doesn't hold a grudge after I chose Mash for my Formal Dress CE. Come to me, Summer Nero!

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She will without a doubt. Only way to make it up to her is to watch Last Encore in its entirety.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also gave us some pretty good animation at times.
Here, a catalyst for Nero to start with :

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ. I swear to god Summer 4*s are harder to get than the 5*s. Spent 21 tix and like 250 quartz and failed to get Surfer Mo. I did get spooked by my 2nd Suzuka and 3rd Tamalancer.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, for the rest of us peons here, gacha is depressing as hell and these stories do nothing but skew expectations and make false promises that don't come true for everyone else.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Whew that CQ. I tried bruteforcing it with Jalter, a bunch of supports and a backline Herc but uh, that didn't work out so well. So I changed my approach to unlimited stall works and grew a beard by the end of the fight.

Screenshot_20190723-020909_Fate_GO.jpg
CasGil works surprisingly well in a stall comp? Between him and Mash you can stack defenses up the wazzoo and his arts and stargen buffs really help with recharging for another round of NPs. The def down is a nice bonus too. Also, I'm glad a few of my supports are still using 2030 on their Merlins.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Is getting another 50 ATK/HP really worth subjecting yourself to this?
I've certainly decided it isn't; only +20HP for a servant who's already otherwise maxed out and while I'm still going to gather the gold fous from other sources, as such a limited resource I don't know if I'll ever decide who to use them on; there's no one servant I use universally enough. Besides, even if they're only handed out a few at a time, it's not like they're ever going to stop making them available as event rewards going forward so unless you're a perfectionist it's not a huge loss.

Hopefully this sort of challenge quest (multiple massive bulky enemies) is a rarity going forward.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Tried 4 tickets for Mordred. Nothing. Reminded me of one of my gacha rules. If I'm not going to commit resources to the servant there's no point pulling at all.

Have to say, Sanzang's np buff makes her so much better. Being able to one shot the 300k hp Assassin at NP2 makes her a lot more viable as a dps imo. Always felt her damage was lacking before.
Wow thanks for the very detailed write-up!
No problem. I'm glad it was useful to someone.
That's where you fucked up. Can't have any expectations in a gacha game.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They probably regretted it immediately afterwards, haha. Too late to turn back the clocks then, though.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
16 tickets, 2 ten rolls, 2 tickets, 1 10 roll

and one more ticket for 49 total
i noticed squirt is a high tier (1 currently) so I kept going

79 rolls total
first of the 10 roll is np2 marie, then squirt later. kinda like that other person in here, i was thinking "oh i got marie as the first on the 10 roll maybe i'll get squirtoria here" then i got an archer, david. then squirtoria

edit: tried for rider mo
first of my first 10 roll, card changed to gold, rider mo. done.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks I might roll for Raikou then. Summer Tamamo hasn't been cutting it very well for the ST lancer position. What are your thoughts on Summer Nero? There's few offensive casters, is she worth it? Videos seem to say she's pretty good but is held back by her stats.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about Summer Tamamo? She's doing an amazing job for me.

Jesus christ. I swear to god Summer 4*s are harder to get than the 5*s. Spent 21 tix and like 250 quartz and failed to get Surfer Mo. I did get spooked by my 2nd Suzuka and 3rd Tamalancer.
Yeah I've got np4 tamalancer going for surfer Mo lol.

It's actually a really cheap np4 too.

I wish I can have some of your luck. NP4 is already half the number of SSRs I have. Granted I don't spend, but I'm pretty sure I often roll 500-600 SQ and get nothing

Oct 25, 2017
I have a confession to make: I legit like Caster Marie. She's cute, has sick volleyball animations, and has one of the best FA art in the game 👀

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a confession to make: I legit like Caster Marie. She's cute, has sick volleyball animations, and has one of the best FA art in the game 👀
My only problem is that she has nothing to make her stand out in a sea of AoE Casters. Her rider version has the same problem, but not as severe since it feels like every caster other than the pure supports and Medea/Sanzang is AOE.

She's one of the cases where you go for the characters you like, since other than liking the actual character/animations/art, she doesn't really stand out much.

I guess she's useful as a tank against assassins, but that's such a rare use case.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Took me like 600 quartz to get one Knights of Marines (to MLB the ones I got last year). At least I got some Ruler Marthas (and Maries, but lol who cares) out of it.
Damn, that's rough. At least you got some other pulls out of it!

I'm at 4x of that CE as well (from last year), but there's too much coming this year for me to try to finish it off. It it wasn't for Merlin (if I got him last time) I wouldn't be so stressed, but since I didn't (and this is his last rate-up) I need as much SQ as I can for it. My tickets are saved for Summer Nero/Raikou, so...

Goodbye MLB'd Knights of Marines, I guess. :/

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Merlin is one of the few servants I've done 0 pulls for. I've dropped a couple of tickets at least once for most servants. I'll never use dupe servants for anything outside of farming so there was no need for me to roll for him.

Currently have 54 things in my inbox lol. All XP and Fous as well. Half of those are probably singles though.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't pull a single Summer rerun banner for obvious reasons. Got trolled in the past by an Ozy banner though, was just gonna use a few tickets and ended up 90 SQ poorer ; ;

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Whew that CQ. I tried bruteforcing it with Jalter, a bunch of supports and a backline Herc but uh, that didn't work out so well. So I changed my approach to unlimited stall works and grew a beard by the end of the fight.

CasGil works surprisingly well in a stall comp? Between him and Mash you can stack defenses up the wazzoo and his arts and stargen buffs really help with recharging for another round of NPs. The def down is a nice bonus too. Also, I'm glad a few of my supports are still using 2030 on their Merlins.
Took my cousin 101 turns to complete it. lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not looking forward to doing the CQ, from what I've read. Still going through the summer 2 quests (yup!), so we'll see how it goes.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I saw that saber is the oil bonus servant but the oil node is all archers and lost the will to play.

Funniest part is that they do it again with double Skadi.

tbf Skadi standalone isn't near as stupid as merlin, it's skadi + how quick cards work that makes it click.

Would that even be effective for this CQ though? He has no way of boosting your defenses.

Just keep stacking that heal.

I'm more impressed you kept casgil alive, I only use him for demiya/tama runs but he always died pretty fast, though I guess it helps he can't be focused on this one.

I love her buster animation tbh, and that sundress in her 2nd ascension is great. But I don't think I'd ever really get any use out of her if I got her, whereas punchmartha will always have a monopoly over my extra slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.