• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
All 4 prison breaks are down. Its so much easier when you dont have to deal with fodder enemies in the beginning. Sherrif lobo was bullied by double bb with so many stuns.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did lobo with Vlad np. Even with no type advantage he still put him down quite quickly.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Lancelot not being squeaky clean is what makes him(and other kotr) a good character though. He went on a frenzy to save Guinevere and didn't even know who he killed in the process until after the fact. It's just one of many things that makes him wish for proper punishment from Arthur and why he went insane trying to atone. He fucked up, knows he fucked up and desperately tries to make up for it during and past his lifetime.

I personally prefer when a character's past is given the proper gravitas it deserves. FGO has a habit of white-washing and brushing over the worst aspects of some its characters because it is ultimately more concerned about selling them to you than telling their histories with nuance. Some are handled better than others, but I particularly have a bone to pick with certain characters with severe flaws who are treated as endearing comic relief and little else. It also makes me a bit hesitant/conflicted towards Nero in particular, but jury is still out on that one depending on how they handle her eventual Rider form.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lancelot not being squeaky clean is what makes him(and other kotr) a good character though. He went on a frenzy to save Guinevere and didn't even know who he killed in the process until after the fact. It's just one of many things that makes him wish for proper punishment from Arthur and why he went insane trying to atone. He fucked up, knows he fucked up and desperately tries to make up for it during and past his lifetime.

I personally prefer when a character's past is given the proper gravitas it deserves. FGO has a habit of white-washing and brushing over the worst aspects of some its characters because it is ultimately more concerned about selling them to you than telling their histories with nuance. Some are handled better than others, but I particularly have a bone to pick with certain characters with severe character flaws who are treated as endearing comic relief and little else. It also makes me a bit hesitant towards Nero in particular, but jury is still out on that one depending on how they handle her eventual Rider form.
We all already know that she will either :
a) Be white-washed and sold as a sexier Nero.
b) Be the angatonist for a chapter or event like artoria lancer... and when summoned be white-washed and sold as a sexier Nero.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017

I personally prefer when a character's past is given the proper gravitas it deserves. FGO has a habit of white-washing and brushing over the worst aspects of some its characters because it is ultimately more concerned about selling them to you than telling their histories with nuance. Some are handled better than others, but I particularly have a bone to pick with certain characters with severe flaws who are treated as endearing comic relief and little else. It also makes me a bit hesitant/conflicted towards Nero in particular, but jury is still out on that one depending on how they handle her eventual Rider form.

Agreed. I'm new to the series, so maybe I already have a bias and preference for characters that were in Zero/UBW. I find Mash more annoying than anything Lancelot has done. Also that entire Nero chapter was wtf.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Servant Mash is the worst, interlude 3rd wheel mash is a crime against humanity, but chaldea mash is okay in my books.

Beastmode lancelot best lancelot.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Also, the race was pretty neat. Much better than the island where best boys got to have fun on the other side of the island while MC gets harassed by terrible people all day long.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey! The only thing archer artoria harassed was the food supply (and mordred ego).
As for the rest of them... yeah, i got nothing.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Lol it's really not that serious. I don't think anyone was saying Lancelot is a bad character. Almost everyone from the camelot storyline (not literally the singularity, that story arc I mean) is written well. They're just all terrible people.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh my only problem is that I kinda wish he had his long hair instead of the short haircut.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
That's in-character

p1mD74b.png

Uuuh...

BB is now using Black Grail for more NP damage. As for Summer Nito, her NP is drowning the enemy in those anime-style water traps, but with Gugalanna, the water only covers the hoof lol

Ah, of course!

Also, the race was pretty neat. Much better than the island where best boys got to have fun on the other side of the island while MC gets harassed by terrible people all day long.

LOL, you're not wrong.

Lancelot has some of the worst art in the game and shit tier animations. Hes bad in my book.

Ugly mother fucker
Agree, ugly art and he needs an animation update.
I was seriously disappointed when I summoned him, but you folks persuaded me that gameplay wise he's pretty awesome.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the hair that's the main issue, it's the face. Not a fan of his artist's style. He'll probably look a lot better in the Camelot movies.

Lol it's really not that serious. I don't think anyone was saying Lancelot is a bad character. Almost everyone from the camelot storyline (not literally the singularity, that story arc I mean) is written well. They're just all terrible people.
BEDI DID NOTHING WRONG

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Where I'm at right now, I don't think I can do all the Challenge Quests. But at least I completed Enkidu's. lol

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I like that he has purple hair. It looks cool.
It's not the hair that's the main issue, it's the face. Not a fan of his artist's style. He'll probably look a lot better in the Camelot movies.

BEDI DID NOTHING WRONG
Lol! I should have written almost everyone for the second part too. My bad haha.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
So I went through the results pages and counted up all the completion times for each leg of the race, to determine who would have been the winner according to Ishtar's ruleset (and assuming whoever was in the lead for the final stretch maintained it).

This has nothing to do with the victory cutscene in your own game, which as noted is based on which team got the most of your support points.

1) Tyrannical Shooting Star
Total time: 10 days 1 hour 41 minutes 12 seconds

2) Satisfaction H∴ T∴ E
Total time: 10 days 3 hours 13 minutes 13 seconds

3) Desert Beauty
Total time: 10 days 4 hours 35 minutes 14 seconds

4) Prefect of Public Decency and Monk Sanzang
Total time: 10 days 6 hours 34 minutes 32 seconds

5) Killer Demon King of the Xth Heaven
Total time: 10 days 6 hours 35 minutes 16 seconds

6) Electric Steam feat. Papa
Total time: 10 days 7 hours 58 minutes 17 seconds

Full list of results screens: https://imgur.com/a/1RLXI8S

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I went through the results pages and counted up all the completion times for each leg of the race, to determine who would have been the winner according to Ishtar's ruleset (and assuming whoever was in the lead for the final stretch maintained it).

This has nothing to do with the victory cutscene in your own game, which as noted is based on which team got the most of your support points.

1) Tyrannical Shooting Star
Total time: 10 days 1 hour 41 minutes 12 seconds

2) Satisfaction H∴ T∴ E
Total time: 10 days 3 hours 13 minutes 13 seconds

3) Desert Beauty
Total time: 10 days 4 hours 35 minutes 14 seconds

4) Prefect of Public Decency and Monk Sanzang
Total time: 10 days 6 hours 34 minutes 32 seconds

5) Killer Demon King of the Xth Heaven
Total time: 10 days 6 hours 35 minutes 16 seconds

6) Electric Steam feat. Papa
Total time: 10 days 7 hours 58 minutes 17 seconds

Full list of results screens: https://imgur.com/a/1RLXI8S

Impressive.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I did not expect a giant leg for a cq, died the first time because I brought too many casters but brute forced it the 2nd time with Gramps a support Cleo and a rotating 3rd member. Same comp for mebd which was faceroll in comparison.

Lancelot has some of the worst art in the game and shit tier animations. Hes bad in my book.

Ugly mother fucker

Saber mrpotatohead Lancelot Yes. Jp Zerkbeastmodealot no.

Saberlots np hitting like a wet noddle is a major turnoff too, hits less than most aoe sabers.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
*shakes angry fist*
Raikou's NP on an OLED screen is pure bliss due to awesome animation with a lot of black.
Wish her Lancer version NP were longer though.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Lancer Diarmuid has hideous art. Like his face is okay but his body proportions are out of whack.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're shittalking art we don't like, Nightingale's standard illustration is ugly and I can never look past it whenever she's on screen. Bad pose.
He was not able to do a simple delivery job to a girl in the water.
I was japing but hey technically OG Bedivere did deliver the sword so there, only our Bedi is useless! Still a good boi tho.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute worst art has to be Merlin, purely based off the fact that he refused to join my Chaldea.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Nito was my CS, I am glad they personalized it. I liked the event quite a bit even if I just can't seem to get a final CE to drop, I would love to MLB both of them before it's over.

That's right yeah. Shiki next (I decided to hold off on taking her to 100 until the re-run) and then hopefully Void Shiki if I get her.

She's kind of like Assassin Raikou in that she's AoE, but she's also perfectly viable as a boss killer. Invincibility, HP regen, NP spam, debuff removal, and yeah when the buffs proc her NP does really good damage. Plus you can also do things like this to help her kill bosses: https://streamable.com/ugp8a

I really think she's criminally underrated.

I grailed Cleo to 100 during this event too. Cleobros! Wish I had her higher than NP1 but I am glad I got her at all. Even with Jack at NP2 also I still get a ton of use out of her.

I kind of wasted two of my grails on Ruler Martha since I rarely use her, but besides that I have Iskandar, CuAlter and now Cleo to 100. I am not sure who I will do next.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute worst art has to be Merlin, purely based off the fact that he refused to join my Chaldea.
Good things come to those who wait.

Like a bunch of sthenos and mana prisms! I am ready to spend 700 quartz and have nothing to show for it!
For real though Merlin is one of those servants who I actually prefer on ascencion 1 or 3, his FA is too pink and lacks smug smirk.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
After what (probably d'oh) was my final multi roll on the Nero Caster banner, I'll say that Wada Arco summer Servants artworks hurt my eyes every time I see them on someone else's support list (also failed to get Tama Lancer). Takeuchi summer Servants are true art though. :D

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Steno, i managed to get her once more when i tried to get summer raikou once more.
Felt like a knife twisting for my bad decisions.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
It's all about first ascension Merlin. Any character with a hood is top tier.

I swear the thunder crash sound in Raikou's np is too good. Every time I hear it I'm like damn.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Good things come to those who wait.

Like a bunch of sthenos and mana prisms! I am ready to spend 700 quartz and have nothing to show for it!
For real though Merlin is one of those servants who I actually prefer on ascencion 1 or 3, his FA is too pink and lacks smug smirk.
I wish us both the best of luck on Merlin Round Two!

After what (probably d'oh) was my final multi roll on her banner, I'll say that Wada Arco summer Servants artworks hurt my eyes every time I see them on someone else's support list (also failed to get Tama Lancer). Takeuchi summer Servants are true art though. :D
Considering the only 5* summer Servant I managed was Archuria, I agree with this.

It's all about first ascension Merlin. Any character with a hood is top tier.

I swear the thunder crash sound in Raikou's np is too good. Every time I hear it I'm like damn.
I love it when she laughs as she slices through everything. It's random and doesn't always happen, but I do smile when it does.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody I can find on my support list has a King Hassan properly set up to be able to carry a solo run. Wasted 10AP so far, not sure if I should be looking for other strategies or just forget about it and worry about farming.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody I can find on my support list has a King Hassan properly set up to be able to carry a solo run. Wasted 10AP so far, not sure if I should be looking for other strategies or just forget about it and worry about farming.
I'll put mine up as well after you answer the above.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Never mind, I got it close enough to be able to burn the full revive and finish it off that way. For what it's worth though, the target CE would have been an MLB Fondant from this year's Valentines event for the permanent 30% anti-Divine attack and preferable NP2 Hassan or above, though I'm not sure anyone would have both. Maybe someone else will find it helpful.

Having a separate channel on the Discord dedicated to requesting specific support setups might not be a bad idea.

Once the command spells fully recharge I guess I'll have a go at the costume CQ for the ticket (since I don't have Medb).

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The worst thing about Zerker Raikou is her outfit, pale purple on pale purple on pale purple with purple outlines.

Latex with feathers with a raccoon tale with a tabard and samurai shoulders, shits a horrid mess, luckily her NP animation is great.

Lancer raikou's some good shit tho, well her first ascension hat is kinda dumb but w.e. Much butter sprite pose too.

2 more days.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I'll put mine up as well after you answer the above.

I would appreciate it. :)
Though I probably won't need him until wednesday at the earliest, so I'll just send another reminder then.

The worst thing about Zerker Raikou is her outfit, pale purple on pale purple on pale purple with purple outlines.

Latex with feathers with a raccoon tale with a tabard and samurai shoulders, shits a horrid mess, luckily her NP animation is great.

The samurai shoulders look ugly, which is why most ppl are using her 2nd ascension form.

Lancer raikou's some good shit tho, well her first ascension hat is kinda dumb but w.e. Much butter sprite pose too.

2 more days.
While her school uniform outfit is for acquired tastes, you can at least use it outside of summer without feeling too dumb about it.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Merlin repeat banner should happen some time next month, IIRC. It's the last rate-up judging from the Japanese version too. Please RNGoddess.

Status
Not open for further replies.