• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
For those few people who needed BB I've put her up with black grail. She has no skills leveled though.
I would appreciate it. :)
Though I probably won't need him until wednesday at the earliest, so I'll just send another reminder then.

The samurai shoulders look ugly, which is why most ppl are using her 2nd ascension form.

While her school uniform outfit is for acquired tastes, you can at least use it outside of summer without feeling too dumb about it.
Good luck.
Done. I don't have NP2 but I've put him up with Fondant.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So whats the next big banner? After Nero the useless I mean
In addition to what has already been said, Raikou and Shuten will be on rate-up during Shimousa. Abby (the first Foreigner-class Servant) will arrive shortly before Ereshkigal, but Hokusai (the second Foreigner, and generally considered the better) will arrive shortly thereafter.
Yeah, the Merlin repeat banner should happen some time next month, IIRC. It's the last rate-up judging from the Japanese version too. Please RNGoddess.
That's about to change. Merlin is getting a costume, and Servants that get costumes get rate-ups. So it's "just" his last solo rate-up for about two years.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
However I don't really need another ST lancer.
SqwYOSk.png

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to clear the Gugalanna CQ thanks to Halation's Gramps. Still took a CS revive, but one of them will regen in a few minutes so better that I got it out of the way now.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My best lancer is still F/SN Cu. My luck in that area isn't strong. Otherwise I have great servants of pretty much everything else I think.
To be fair, even without grails Cu is still a beast for survival and is almost never a bad choice for a last stand backline servant.
Through i get your feeling. On the assassin side, other than the welfares and my grailed Kojiro, my best assassin i've gotten is Steno.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Even on neutral damage BB does pretty well as the primary damage dealer in an arts stall team. I lanky should use her more.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, doing the CQs without B.B and thus type advantage for half of them was pretty fun.

Oct 25, 2017

There we go, 3rd level 100.

I already "beat" FGO by getting what I wanted, which was a laser focus on Shiki and then Dio. I'm not a pure F2P anymore since I rolled the New Year's guaranteed gacha, but I got exactly who I wanted from it (Ozy) first try. Otherwise, everything I've got is free SQ rolls. My NP2 Void Shiki was the result of saving up 500 SQ of free saint quartz just for her.

So I don't feel too bad about not getting a good lancer. Everything that isn't Shiki and Ozy is a bonus. I do agree that Cu is fantastic survivability wise so it's not a big deal.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I have yet to use any grails and likely never will. If I ever did, it would mostly likely just be to level a 3* up to 80 for the gold border or a 4* up to 90.

Oct 25, 2017
And there we go. Bought and used all the 4 star fous for summer stuff.

T6nsvsg.jpg

18,000 hp makes Void Shiki an absolute unit of a tank, especially with a 5,000 hp Heal skill. Adding a Formalcraft to her helps.

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190811-202617.jpg

Screenshot_20190811-202640.jpg

The only two units that matter for me. You're further along with your bond on Ishtar than I am with Shiki, then again, I stopped playing for a couple months (meaning I hadn't even started and beat Shinjuku and Agartha until a couple weeks ago).

Speaking of which, I should really finish Agartha. I'm only partway through it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just really happy FGO actually buffed Void Shiki on JP so her NP doesn't do such pitiful damage anymore (alongside assassin Shiki.) Makes her more viable. I've been working around how terrible the damage is and I'm glad that's changed. Looking forward to it.

The 10% party charge also means she'll probably be fucking amazing partnered with Tamamo.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, always nice for comparison sake :
uO9osua.jpg

QksgoRC.jpg

fyWgfvZ.jpg

UfA1MMm.jpg
That's a lotta culture in one post, nice choices.

After getting Gil to 100 I'm mostly focused on giving gold borders to 3-stars who deserve it and 4-stars to level 90. Problem is I got a lot of favorites. I've already grailed Bedi to 80 and my next projects are Cu, BB, Emiya and Arash (to lvl70). Potential candidates: Kintoki(Rider), Ishtar(Rider), CasGil, Emiya(Assassin), Lancelot, Shiki (Assassin), Angra (70). I've thought about Kojiro and Cursed-Arm but I'll probably never pull the trigger on those. Pipe-dreams "if I ever got them" scenarios: First Hassan, Ozymandias, Hokusai? (depends on how good of an impression she can make on her trial quest), Eresh, Summer Ushi, maybe Lelouch and Arjunalter depending on how I feel about them after Lostbelts 3 and 4, and Kama depending on her characterization since she's the closest thing to a Dark Sakura servant. If Jalter ever gets a cool animation update I might consider. And if they ever get released (HAHA), Solomon and Muramasa are instant 100.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lotta culture in one post, nice choices.
Thanks.
Lynx_7 said:
If Jalter ever gets a cool animation update I might consider. And if they ever get released (HAHA), Solomon and Muramasa are instant 100.
Funnily enough, that is also the only other servant that if it ever gets announced in Jp, i'm freezing my grail usage until i get enough to 100 him in advance.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was trying to roll for Fran, but got spooked by Nito, Nobu, and Stheno. Stheno was especially evil because it was literally my last 3 quartz. RIP, should have rolled on her rate up.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Will be done with farming after today, so just need to attempt all the CQs then I'll be done. Back to dailies and Agartha when I can be bothered. When does the next event start?
Even on neutral damage BB does pretty well as the primary damage dealer in an arts stall team. I lanky should use her more.
I've found her better in an offensive arts team. She can loop pretty easily with the 20% refund.
Sure, always nice for comparison sake :
uO9osua.jpg

QksgoRC.jpg

fyWgfvZ.jpg

UfA1MMm.jpg
You really like Fate Stay huh...

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another no CE drop.

I think to me an arts team combines both lol. Like my arts team is arts servant + tamamo + Merlin which gives you both survival and damage over time.
Yeah I think most arts teams would be considered balance. To me arts stall would contain a servant like Jeanne. Someone who only adds defence to your team.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
For the rest of the year it's Nero Bride (again) plus Byrnhildr, Cleopatra again, Musashi, Osakabehime, Abby, and Erishkigal (with Hokusai in the New Year). There should be Merlin and King Hassan banners somewhere in there too.

Think I'll skip Nero Bride/Bryn... already got NP5 Raikou Lancer so I'm good... and my arts teams nearly have everyone else you would want in it..... (I just use support Merlin if needed)

Cleo's tempting, might throw 10 tickets at her.

Pass on Musashi, Hime, Abby & Erishkigal.

Already got Hassan, Merlin might go 2-3 multis in and at worst hope to get a Salter (Salter+Merlin first multi please gatcha gawds)

Will drain all I have plus if required use my noble phantasm "CC" to get Hokusai.

I have yet to use any grails and likely never will. If I ever did, it would mostly likely just be to level a 3* up to 80 for the gold border or a 4* up to 90.

I threw my first grail at Spartacus, no regrets. (but I did not think in a million years he would be my first)

He's level 70 now and will always clear a Ember Wave without having to use his buster buff (one less button to press)

Was happy to see he's useful in the upcoming NeroFest as well.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I've given grails to quite a few Servants (Tamamo, Shark, Cat, Jalter, Janta, Jack, Alice, Moedred, Passionlip, and Maid), but the only one I've given more than a single grail to is Lip. For the most part I just give grails because my headcanon is that giving a grail to a Servant lets them stick around even without support from a Master/Chaldea.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
So far I have grailed those two that I relied the most on when I was new to this game. Jalter and Raikou.
My next grail will probably go to a Lancer, either Ereshkigal and/or Scáthach.

Was trying to roll for Fran, but got spooked by Nito, Nobu, and Stheno. Stheno was especially evil because it was literally my last 3 quartz. RIP, should have rolled on her rate up.

Shitty desire sensor in action. :(

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
My grail choices are kind of a compromise between favoritism and gameplay. I like Artoria and Mordred as characters but their kits are too vanilla for example. Grailing another AOE archer to 100 is out of the question considering I already commited to Gil so it'd feel redundant, as much as I like Ishtarcher and Emiya. I find it difficult to justify grailing casters due to their class mods and usually serving support roles. So you gotta be cool, preferably an offensive servant (to make full use of the stat gains) and at least be fun to use or offer something relatively unique/useful for my line-up. Which is why it's so hard for me to settle on which servants to waste several of the most limited items in the entire game lest I regret it lol

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My grail list

qrfdIyR.jpg

cXWJ3rL.jpg

NDaIMvP.jpg

These 3 are all 10 10 10

wMCyV1p.jpg

lEX9MNf.jpg

I dont really regret any of them. I might grail Archuria to 100 but my next for sure grail target is Demon King Nobu in 2 years.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I somewhat agree with Lynx_7 above, all my grailed characters are ones I like on both a gameplay and character basis, I would never chose between the two. Though I do have somewhat of a practically bias tho, hence why Zertoki's 3rd skill is still 6 even thought he was my first SSR, and favorite character in the game and the reason I started fgo in the first place, because it's a shit skill and others need those hero proofs.

I've used up all the grails I've gotten so far, iirc we get like 24 more by this time in two years so there's plenty to go round. I'll 100% grail Ash, Mori if I can NP5, Saber Deermud, and possibly Sishar, Sraikou, casgil if I can NP5 him when get gets his yacht club costume, and depending on how she turns out summer carmilla. I don't think I'll take anyone to 100 again though, my grailees in order of first acquisition to last:

3Tcxo3J.png

1OT7VkF.png

I managed to clear the Gugalanna CQ thanks to Halation's Gramps.

I'm glad someone found it useful, I need to max his guts but cas gil is eating all my stingers.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Currently I have:

Nero Bride - 100
Jeanne Alter - 100
Shiki Assassin - 90
Kintoki Rider - 90
Martha Ruler - 90
Raikou Lancer - 90

I still regret Martha. I barely use her and she's not really a character I overly like. But at the same time in regards to rulers there's no one else I want even now in JP so it's whatever.

In the future if I get them:

Asagami will go to 90.
MHXX will probably go to 90.
Okita Alter will go 100.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we go for future servants, since i mostly grail characters i like to make them a little more viable, i would go :
Ryouma to 90
Angra is going to 90 at some point
(Maybe) Napoleon and Okita to 92-94
Any shirou-face servants, such as Muramasa if it ever happens, to 90-100

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The avenger CQs were so annoying I just brute forced them with a Jalter/Mash/Merlin friend comp. Which was somehow insanely easier than using BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.