• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's been a while since I've done a CQ and not felt like it was somewhat bs. Had Raikou Lancer 1 shot Ishtar and then went with Jeanne, KH, and Merlin. Mash was in the back for when Merlin died. Didn't have enough points for a legit 6th unit so brought Arash just to hold Ideal Holy King. Was a fairly routine fight. Did get lucky that I didn't get many attack ups on the last part though. Wanted to do this one early this time in case I needed Command Seals.

Was nice to use King Hassan for once. Gave me a better idea of how I want to build around him.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I found the lore CQ this time to have really horrible RNG for me. Bad card load-outs, and the boss kept removing the important buffs I had on my characters (such as Invincible/Evade when it used its NP), not to mention focusing one specific character with a bunch of critical hits. I'd use Raikou's NP to try to load her up with a bunch of critical stars, only for me not to get a single Raikou card in the next turn. I still cleared it, but it really felt like the boss knew what I wanted to do and completely shut me down each time.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Had to use my command spells for the bull CQ, simply did not had enough assassin fire power to get him without one team wipe.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
the boss kept removing the important buffs I had on my characters (such as Invincible/Evade when it used its NP)
Shouldn't it use it's NP first before any potential ST skills? The only time it should use dispel first is after you break the first bar, so you have to time that one. I had to go out of my way to break it a turn early so it could dispel the turn before it's NP. That way I could get Merlin's skill up without an issue.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't it use it's NP first before any potential ST skills? The only time it should use dispel first is after you break the first bar, so you have to time that one. I had to go out of my way to break it a turn early so it could dispel the turn before it's NP. That way I could get Merlin's skill up without an issue.
That probably explains things. I'll have to be more careful next time. :/

Honestly it was late (or rather, really...really early), so my brain might not have been functioning at 100% capability. Still managed to pass it, but it probably wasn't the most efficient run.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
The bull challenge quest would probably be doable if you didnt have to deal with ishtar in the beginning. Had to use command seals and only have the last challenge quest from part 1 to do.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've accepted that I'm not going to get Caster Nero.
I was wrong about having accepted it. I decided a few days ago that I would use my weekly login ticket to pull for her when I got it (today). But when I got it, my instincts told me to make a 10-pull instead. So I spent 30 SQ I had been trying to save for Eresh.
Naturally, I didn't get Nero or any other gold Servants. The best thing I can say about that roll is that it got me a fourth Summer Little, which will be useful next year but I'm already done with gold currency this time around.

So, even though I should have known better, I made another 10-roll.
I'd post an image of the results, but my email is being uncooperative so it would be a hassle to get it from my tablet to my computer. Text version: fifth Summer Little, Nero, and NP2 Saber Fran.

That's everyone from the Summer 2 banners. This Summer has thoroughly wiped out the drought I'd been in this year. I am very happy with this Summer. All the gold EXP I'd saved from shops was already gone, but I had enough silver EXP saved and enough ember drops from the event to get her to level 80.

Hopefully Eresh won't hold a grudge. Those SQ weren't originally assigned to her, after all.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was wrong about having accepted it. I decided a few days ago that I would use my weekly login ticket to pull for her when I got it (today). But when I got it, my instincts told me to make a 10-pull instead. So I spent 30 SQ I had been trying to save for Eresh.
Naturally, I didn't get Nero or any other gold Servants. The best thing I can say about that roll is that it got me a fourth Summer Little, which will be useful next year but I'm already done with gold currency this time around.

I'd post an image of the results, but my email is being uncooperative so it would be a hassle to get it from my tablet to my computer. Text version: fifth Summer Little, Nero, and NP2 Saber Fran.

That's everyone from the Summer 2 banners. This Summer has thoroughly wiped out the drought I'd been in this year. I am very happy with this Summer.

Hopefully Eresh won't hold a grudge. Those SQ weren't originally assigned to her, after all.
Grats on getting Umu!!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

That's everyone from the Summer 2 banners. This Summer has thoroughly wiped out the drought I'd been in this year. I am very happy with this Summer. All the gold EXP I'd saved from shops was already gone, but I had enough silver EXP saved and enough ember drops from the event to get her to level 80.

Nice. Very nice, umu!

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I hate gacha games so god damn much.

Edit: Revision to the above, I hate gacha games (where gacha results have a significant impact on gameplay and almost 75% of the content is limited time only) so god damn much.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying really hard to think what the first gacha game was that introduced me to this hell. Maybe Puzzle & Dragons? It's been so long.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I added a clarifying line re: focus on gameplay impact and limited gachas, but to add to that point this is an image of all the SSRs in JP as of just before 4th anniversary, sorted by permanent, story-locked, and limited:

Now to be fair it's not a wholly representative picture of things since 4*s obviously matter too and outside of the summer 4*s there's only like three others that are limited, it's still interesting to see it laid out and notice other patterns (including the fact that they haven't released a permanent SSR Saber since Mordred, who came out barely five months after launch).

It's a miracle as to how I've been able to prevent myself from just opening the wallet and whaling away when my blood boils seeing the same people keep getting desired SSR after desired SSR with little to no effort.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
what is bloating the standard pool supposed to solve? you gonna go out there and start rolling story banner to try and find one specific thing?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Need moar friends. Pls add. 389,336,009 <3
I'm trying really hard to think what the first gacha game was that introduced me to this hell. Maybe Puzzle & Dragons? It's been so long.

Mine was Love Live School Idol Festival when it first came out in the West. I legit never got URs in that game but in FGO, I already pulled 2. :T

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
8 and half months. benienma stayed pure and untarnished for 8 and half months

UPD:
Why is dick wizard so handsome?

info_image_06.png

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone planning to go for Osakabehime? I want to use her as a support but I don't actually want to pull for her myself lol.
I hate gacha games so god damn much.

Edit: Revision to the above, I hate gacha games (where gacha results have a significant impact on gameplay and almost 75% of the content is limited time only) so god damn much.
I agree with the time limited comment. It's annoying that we can't do it whenever we want and/or are ready. There's no permanent challenge content in this game which is kind of ridiculous.

But I don't think I agree with the gacha results impacting gameplay. Ofc it does to an extent, but I don't think most of the challenge quests aren't doable because you don't have certain units. Just looking at this one for instance. King Hassan was great, but outside of a self heal I don't think he really added anything that Shiki couldn't have done in my team composition. Mash is free. And I used Jeanne which could have been a friends one. I feel like a lot of people get too caught up in the recommended JP strategies, as opposed to looking at the challenge, looking at their roster, and working out a strategy.
I remember you and Lyrian always used to refer back to that in the BE thread.

Speaking of which FFBE was my first gacha. Still have very fond memories of that game, but a big part of that was the community was top tier.
Overwatch is my first experience into videogames gacha.
I always hated that Overwatch had loot boxes. Do you still play? 2-2-2 is coming today. The game might actually be half decent now haha.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
There's currently leak going around.
And like, leaks are leaks, grain of salt and all.
But apparently it's same account that leaked BB last year.
Also, all currency is camelot themed, yet only camelot connection so far is Merlin...

If summer shuten costume is real, I dunno if my heart is ready

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Also, all currency is camelot themed, yet only camelot connection so far is Merlin...

I'd be happy if that was true, costumes are cool because you can use the unit you already rolled/improved and they don't require to go through gacha hell again, if you don't count the resources needed to unlock them, they're basically free.
Would be cool if they did more costumes going forward.

This is in general btw, regardless of the leak being true or not, I wish they did more costumes

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I always hated that Overwatch had loot boxes. Do you still play? 2-2-2 is coming today. The game might actually be half decent now haha.

Nah, stopped when it became tank city lol.

RIght now don't really feel like going into any deep gaming. But there was a year and a half where overwatch was basically my FGO lol.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Nah by all accounts that leak is exteme bullshit.

Foreigner Latoria when we already literally had a foreigner artoria face wielding Rhongomyniad last year?

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I really can't see the SSR of the second part being nearly exactly the same as an SR of last years.... if they said a different class I might believe it... but we'll see.

Anyway because I can't help my self (and I really liked her in this event) I spun twice for Medb.

First ten pull = Edison (can't complain, can't complain and I like him).

Second and last ten pull... I get an Rider card that sparks.... and it was Martha... fucking trolled...... NP3 Martha now.

Next pull directly after has gold sparks, get my hopes up and see it's a caster... "Oh I guess NP2 Edison..." nope it's Caster of the Nightless City instead.

Had 10 quartz left and single pulled my way into a NP4 Herc. (would have preferred a Zerkerlot or Fran.....)

No Medb, still no SSR Rider... but can't complain with these rates.

Foreigner Latoria when we already literally had a foreigner artoria face wielding Rhongomyniad last year?

Yep spot on.

It's a miracle as to how I've been able to prevent myself from just opening the wallet and whaling away when my blood boils seeing the same people keep getting desired SSR after desired SSR with little to no effort.

I can have rolls like the above (not exactly a desired SSR but I'll take it), but the other day I went $500 in for Malter and only walked out with NP5 Lancer Raikou (+1 I burned) and NP2 Archer Helena. (no other SR spook let alone SSR). If I average the two sessions out I'm pretty happy with it but to me even though NP5 Lancer Raikou is awesome... to spend that much a few days ago without an SSR is a disaster.

You also have to remember people are going to talk about their successes more than their failures.

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow

Yeah, would be weird to get an extremely similar summer Artoria just a year apart. Imagine if we got Artoria alter that uses same combination of weapons as Artoria in summer 1, as limited 5star in part 2 of summer 2? Wouldn't that be crazy? Like if they just swapped fake gun and real sword to real gun and fake sword and it was alright simply because it's different personality version of artoria?
DW would never do that

not saying leak is real, but just cuz leak is most likely bullshit, doesn't mean every arguement made against it is also automatically true.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, would be weird to get an extremely similar summer Artoria just a year apart. Imagine if we got Artoria alter that uses same combination of weapons as Artoria in summer 1, as limited 5star in part 2 of summer 2? Wouldn't that be crazy? Like if they just swapped fake gun and real sword to real gun and fake sword and it was alright simply because it's different personality version of artoria?
DW would never do that

not saying leak is real, but just cuz leak is most likely bullshit, doesn't mean every arguement made against it is also automatically true.

But they at least try to put their artoria faces in a class that they weren't in before. Doubling up on foreigner?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using mama lancer to farm for awhile now and I can see why she's rated so highly. Her skills are ridiculous.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
But they at least try to put their artoria faces in a class that they weren't in before. Doubling up on foreigner?

But this time, different rarities. We can argue for hours, which differences make them different or not different enough in the eyes of DW, but that's just guessing.

Wanna cancel this leak, here are much better reasons:
Part 2 is way too differetn from part 1 mechanically, seems phony.
Shuten getting costume instead of a full summer servant, despite being female.. only mash got that and it was a test for entire costume mechanic back then.
Moriarty getting two costumes less than a year appart.

Plenty of better reasons than saying it's fake cuz it will mean DW did something that's only very slightly different than what DW already did in previous summers.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using mama lancer to farm for awhile now and I can see why she's rated so highly. Her skills are ridiculous.
Yeah. Just cause her skills are so strong her NP hits ridiculously hard at NP1. If she had better NP gain I would have considered going for NP2.
The banner goes up when I'm asleep so I'll wish you good luck now.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The event CEs seem to be Japanese servant focused as well. I wonder if Tomoe will actually be a summer servant for part 2 since she isn't on any of the CEs here.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Wow lostbelt 4 I sure love gimmicks like permanent random evades.

I'll take "permanent random evades" over "randomly insta killing you with one crit through defence buffs" or "Take off all buffs, then fire AoE Np on same turn" shenanigans. Gimmicky is better than whatever this game designers think is supposed to be "challenging". Seriously, I do not gel well with this game's idea of difficult is. I end up using lotsa seals for revives for ends of story chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.