• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Done with the event. Cleared the shops of everything but statues and boost items, got CE drops, and cleared all challenge quests.

The bridge CQ took two attempts. The first time, I went in with a team based around CasUmu and double Merlin and almost managed it. It came down to just Umu and Martha, both with NPs ready and I had no skills to use. Umu's NPBB chain left Martha with 661 HP left. Umu did not have her Guts ready, and my seals hadn't regenerated from the Gugalanna fight. If I had just leveled her and/or her skills up a little bit more...

The second time I went in with Waver, Merlin, support Raikou (T. rex's, I believe), Mash, Chacha, and bond CE Herc, while wearing the Anniversary Blond mystic code. Things went very smoothly until it was just Scathach, Artoria, and Marie remaining. Then they all decided to focus down Raikou, Mash came in, and I had to fight them with a pure stall team. It took about as long as the rest of the fight leading up to that point, but they were defeated with no further casualties.

Back to doing dailies for me.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I took the assassin/berserker CQ as another chance to test out Nero Caster. I love her. I could never get Sanzang to really work how I wanted but Nero plays exactly how I want. Even if it's crazy crit Nero is sick. With all the attack buffs her busters hit so damn hard, and her np gain is crazy. I just wish her np gave a buster buff instead of an np buff like Cleo's does.
Such an evil banner for those of us with normal Nero that are interested in Nero Bride. Even with gold sparkle and the correct class you're very likely to not get that SSR Servant you want. Banners that feature SSR and SR servants with the same class are the worst.
Now imagine being a F2P player and saving for 7 months specifically for this banner because she's your absolute favourite character in Fate. Out of all the SSRs in the game this is the one you want more than anyone else to the point you feel sick that you have to go against these rates. Then that banner gets delayed by 21 hours to prolong your suffering. And then the banner finally goes up and you realise a gold saber could mean regular Nero. Or worse, Artoria.

That's how I felt last year.
Like a week ago this would have been Nobuzerker and the week before that would have been Umu Caster. Who will be next for Chilly's freakouts? Stay tuned.
He does make the thread more interesting. I checked in earlier and was like wtf is happening lmao. I like that it's a bit more light-hearted and fun these days.
Yeah, there's a reason Siegfried is called "Sumanai" and it isn't just because he says it a lot. At least JP has buffed him enough that he's reasonably useful over there.

Hey, don't badmouth the LB2 banner featuring Bryn and her little sisters!

And they just. Keep. Doing. It.
And by buff you mean made a completely new character that's just better than him (yet still needs a buff himself lol.)
To be fair my harem would be well different from most of yours >.>
LOL I'm so done with this thread.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember you and Lyrian always used to refer back to that in the BE thread.

Speaking of which FFBE was my first gacha. Still have very fond memories of that game, but a big part of that was the community was top tier.
It's the eternal question I'll likely never get the answer to. I've been in this Hell for far too long, haha.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
siegfriend is already decent, and most aoe ssr sabers haven't gotten their boost yet. bad parrot na meta take of info they don't understand.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
BE had too many apocalypses was the problem. In FGO it's been Merlin and Skadi. In BE there was Zidane (a 3* lmfao I'll never forget that shit), Tilith, Orlando, Hyou, the list goes on. There was one like every 3 months, a unit we had to have or the game was unplayable.

Oct 25, 2017
Tilith is what broke me I remember; I didn't even LIKE her I just need I "needed" her and it just wasnt fun. I peek at the thread now and then on reset and it seems full of getting dupes lol

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
This is what makes me hesitant towards that tactics mobile game Square announced, War of the something or other. The tactics-inspired gameplay and setting seems like my jam, but I don't trust Square with mobile games.

FGO's unit loan system makes it totally different.
Praise Demon's Souls

Oct 25, 2017
Its funny because FGO is probably the least forgiving least F2P of the gachas "no daily free summon, rare summon selectors, paid GSSR" but is probably the one I'm having the most fun with lol

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Thread sure inflated itself quite a bit over the course of one day.
what is bloating the standard pool supposed to solve? you gonna go out there and start rolling story banner to try and find one specific thing?
More in the sense that a permanent servant has a chance to show up anywhere, so no matter where or when you roll you'd be afforded at least a sliver of a chance of them showing up, rather than none. Many a player has been surprised by an off-rate-up SSR.
I agree with the time limited comment. It's annoying that we can't do it whenever we want and/or are ready. There's no permanent challenge content in this game which is kind of ridiculous.

But I don't think I agree with the gacha results impacting gameplay. Ofc it does to an extent, but I don't think most of the challenge quests aren't doable because you don't have certain units. Just looking at this one for instance. King Hassan was great, but outside of a self heal I don't think he really added anything that Shiki couldn't have done in my team composition. Mash is free. And I used Jeanne which could have been a friends one. I feel like a lot of people get too caught up in the recommended JP strategies, as opposed to looking at the challenge, looking at their roster, and working out a strategy.
Ah, I meant to be referring to purely the gacha with the 75% thing, though as I later conceded, the higher ratio of permanent to locked/limited useful 4*s does take a bit away from that particular argument.

I do wonder if the developers have ever addressed the topic of how they design high difficulty quests in an interview or whatnot, in terms of whether or not they expect anything of the player's resources or available lineup, depending on the story quests they would have had to clear to be eligible. Even then, different players would have different available servants so I don't know how "open-ended" the quests are meant to be, at least not without dozens of retries for the RNG to land just the right way.
I can have rolls like the above (not exactly a desired SSR but I'll take it), but the other day I went $500 in for Malter and only walked out with NP5 Lancer Raikou (+1 I burned) and NP2 Archer Helena. (no other SR spook let alone SSR). If I average the two sessions out I'm pretty happy with it but to me even though NP5 Lancer Raikou is awesome... to spend that much a few days ago without an SSR is a disaster.

You also have to remember people are going to talk about their successes more than their failures.
If I knew somebody was dropping Benjamins I'd definitely be more amenable to whatever the results were, but as it's considered somewhat of a taboo subject to discuss among gacha communities, that sort of indicator normally stays under the radar.

And it's true people talk more of gain than loss but it does have the overall effect of skewing the conversation and atmosphere in the thread, painting a much prettier picture of the gacha than what reality would indicate and doing some of the marketing work for DW/Aniplex. Hopefully nobody here is susceptible to that kind of thing.
Would it help if I said the Summer banners cost me pretty much everything I had? Because Nero only came on my very last 10-pull.
Nobody should feel pressured to disclose their funds, real or in-game. You don't need to justify anything about your fortunes, least of all to somebody like me.

----------------------

And in a handful of hours the discussion will likely turn to the new JP Summer event, so with that I'm probably going to peace out again for a bit. I'll just be grinding out the rest of the NA event shop for a few days.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
130 sq for 2 x lancer raikou, np2 herc (fucking finally)and np3 casgil, and yang qing, pretty decent turnout. Unsure if I'll keep going for maid alter.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Probably had the best luck I've ever had in this game. Got Maid Alter on my 5th single ticket, Prisma Cosmos on my 6th (useful for my Merlin), then Lancer Raikou on my 8th ticket. Still have 7 tickets left, and haven't even touched my quartz reserve yet.

I'm debating whether I should spend some more to see if I can get another Raikou.

Edit: Decided to do two 10-pulls, got a 2nd copy of both Maid Alter and Raikou!

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Three tickets and 60 SQ, nothing of worth. I tried Raikou.

The rest is being saved for Merlin.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
120 quartz and 5 tickets for Raikou, NP3 Tamacat, and spooky NP3 Fionn. I think Fionn spooked me last year on Tamalancer too, so I can see him spooking me next year on the bananalancer banner.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
So, it's been a while since I posted here, I know (though I never posted much to begin with). I had a bad spell around the Anniversary failing to get Sherlock after a considerable investment of Quartz, and I started to question if I was spending too much on the game for too little in comparison to last year (I pulled ten 5* total last year, and even though I spent more on Quartz this year I'd only pulled... four - two being GSSRs). After some time spent thinking about what to do over the summer event, I do plan to cut back on how much I plan to invest in the game going forward, but I decided to invest a bit in Summer anyway hoping for one last burst of luck. And well...
o7eEKcs.png

GN95Ekf.png
And that took less Quartz than it took to get Melt or what I fruitlessly threw at Sherlock. So some of the gacha gods are looking out for me at least, but this still won't change my mind that I'm going to spend less on F/GO in the future. But I am definitely satisfied that my rough luck spell that has lasted basically since Ishtar has finally broken, so I look forward to saving the rest of the Quartz I had after getting the above for Ereshkigal (and Hokusai if I'm extra lucky).

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'd been thinking that I'd use the free ascension on JP on the anniversary Servant if I didn't pull anything in the Summer banners, so I avoided leveling them during the 1/2 AP/increased success campaign. Today I decided that that was probably stupid because I would probably pull someone, and chomped apples to farm enough embers to get them to 80. It feels good to have a strong Servant for that class on JP.
130 sq for 2 x lancer raikou, np2 herc (fucking finally)and np3 casgil, and yang qing, pretty decent turnout. Unsure if I'll keep going for maid alter.
Did you mean 120 SQ? Because I don't think it's possible to spend exactly 130 SQ. If so, five SRs in 40 pulls is a very decent outcome! Who are you thinking of as your next target after Summer?
Probably had the best luck I've ever had in this game. Got Maid Alter on my 5th single ticket, Prisma Cosmos on my 6th (useful for my Merlin), then Lancer Raikou on my 8th ticket. Still have 7 tickets left, and haven't even touched my quartz reserve yet.

I'm debating whether I should spend some more to see if I can get another Raikou.

Edit: Decided to do two 10-pulls, got a 2nd copy of both Maid Alter and Raikou!
Nice! NP2 is very nice for both Maid and Raikou!
JP summer maintanence started and still no PV.
Yeah, it's weird how they haven't shown a CM yet. I'm beginning to suspect that even the Merlin banner (which for some reason will only be up on Sundays?) is just a trap to drain SQ for the second Summer banner.

Either that, or they hadn't been planning on giving Okita a swimsuit, saw how angry everyone would be if she didn't get one, and are quickly throwing a Summer Okita together but didn't have time to put her in the CM so they're hiding it.
Three tickets and 60 SQ, nothing of worth. I tried Raikou.

The rest is being saved for Merlin.
Good on you for staying strong for Merlin.
So, it's been a while since I posted here, I know (though I never posted much to begin with). I had a bad spell around the Anniversary failing to get Sherlock after a considerable investment of Quartz, and I started to question if I was spending too much on the game for too little in comparison to last year (I pulled ten 5* total last year, and even though I spent more on Quartz this year I'd only pulled... four - two being GSSRs). After some time spent thinking about what to do over the summer event, I do plan to cut back on how much I plan to invest in the game going forward, but I decided to invest a bit in Summer anyway hoping for one last burst of luck. And well...
o7eEKcs.png

GN95Ekf.png
And that took less Quartz than it took to get Melt or what I fruitlessly threw at Sherlock. So some of the gacha gods are looking out for me at least, but this still won't change my mind that I'm going to spend less on F/GO in the future. But I am definitely satisfied that my rough luck spell that has lasted basically since Ishtar has finally broken, so I look forward to saving the rest of the Quartz I had after getting the above for Ereshkigal (and Hokusai if I'm extra lucky).
That's great! I enjoy stories of luck changing for the better.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Good on you for staying strong for Merlin.
I need my revenge.

It's really not easy though, I want Summer Raikou really badly. Still, I know she'll return next year, so I'll have another chance at her then.

Best of luck to everyone who has yet to pull, and congrats to everyone successful so far!

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Decided to spend my stash of 800 SQ to go back and try to get a 2nd Caster Nero after I got Raikou on a ticket. My luck was unstoppable so it was at that point the Greek Gacha gods punished me for my hubris by making the rate up a lie.

A lot of SR summer units
1 Mordred (NP2 now)
1 Ozzy (New)
1 Jack (New and only SRR assassin)
1 Altria (New Yay mascot)

Get a feeling so complicated.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Have they ever considered selling FGO OST compilations? I'd totally buy some, this Summer event has had some great music.

In Girls' Frontline there was an Orchestral rendition of various songs from the soundtrack and it was sold as a blu-ray with a costume code for the game inside... FGO makes way more money than GFL though... so I do wonder...

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I figure I might as well use these few quartz I have and get some PLOT. But got a maid instead doing single rolls.
2019-08-13.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing with artificial scarcity of limited time servants is just another terrifyingly effective tool used to try to get people shelling out for quartz. We at least have two year's worth of future data to work off of, but knowing that the next realistic chance to get Merlin (besides the 1-in-9 shot in the Caster paid banner next anniversary) will be for three days only in late summer 2021... really strikes home the predatory nature of this stuff.

I think a while back there was a chart somebody had linked to here which you could search by SSR servant and see when their rate-ups were coming. Need to find that again and check the trends.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing with artificial scarcity of limited time servants is just another terrifyingly effective tool used to try to get people shelling out for quartz. We at least have two year's worth of future data to work off of, but knowing that the next realistic chance to get Merlin (besides the 1-in-9 shot in the Caster paid banner next anniversary) will be for three days only in late summer 2021... really strikes home the predatory nature of this stuff.

I think a while back there was a chart somebody had linked to here which you could search by SSR servant and see when their rate-ups were coming. Need to find that again and check the trends.

Tbf then there is the dragalia method where there are a lot in the common pool but it is spook City.

And getting dupes in dragalia is so much worse than fgo.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Either that, or they hadn't been planning on giving Okita a swimsuit, saw how angry everyone would be if she didn't get one, and are quickly throwing a Summer Okita together but didn't have time to put her in the CM so they're hiding it.

Yeah, I doubt it's even possible to do a character in 2 weeks. Also, part 1 summer CM wouldn't need to spoil part 2 servants, thus, even if they were doing corse correcting, CM wouldn't be affected

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Why are the Okita memes picking up such rapid traction, anyway? Did it start up again because of GudaGuda Final and then the fact that she didn't get the 5* Saber strengthening just amplify it?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Tbf then there is the dragalia method where there are a lot in the common pool but it is spook City.

And getting dupes in dragalia is so much worse than fgo.
Everything I hear about Dragalia Lost makes me glad I never picked it up. What are the rates for the highest rarity, and what are the rates for rate-ups?
Yeah, I doubt it's even possible to do a character in 2 weeks. Also, part 1 summer CM wouldn't need to spoil part 2 servants, thus, even if they were doing corse correcting, CM wouldn't be affected
Well yeah, that was a joke.
Why are the Okita memes picking up such rapid traction, anyway? Did it start up again because of GudaGuda Final and then the fact that she didn't get the 5* Saber strengthening just amplify it?
Pretty much.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I need to encase my phone in a block of ice before I do something I might regret. Raikou is calling me.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I need to encase my phone in a block of ice before I do something I might regret. Raikou is calling me.
Put the phone away, Chrono. Remember, Chrono, Raikou's solo rate-up will still be there tomorrow. Put the phone away and get some sleep. You can spend tomorrow thinking about it and roll later if you still feel like it.
I also want Raikou but the fact I could get Helena instead is very 😬 inducing....
Not right now, you can't. Raikou is on solo rate-up right now. Helena isn't available at the moment.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Put the phone away, Chrono. Remember, Chrono, Raikou's solo rate-up will still be there tomorrow. Put the phone away and get some sleep. You can spend tomorrow thinking about it and roll later if you still feel like it.
Haha, I was mostly joking. I'm tempted, but it's not enough to break me. I think I'll manage. I appreciate the words of encouragement though. :)

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm in tears right now, just picturing my bank account being decimated in 2 years time.

RIP Wallet-kun in 2021.

And no fair DW, probably my 3 most wanted swimsuit servants on the 2nd pick up.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
All American Girl is an arts aoe np berserker, made sense since they weren't going to have another Buster AOE Zerker so soon after Altjuna.

Summer event 3 and 4 are gonna be brutal for my wallet as well.

If I can replicate my JP luck in NA I'll get off lightly in Summer 3.....

Summer Jeanne, Summer BB and Ibaraki Lancer in under 100 quartz.... but I doubt I'll replicate that... also start dash quartz are like loaded dice....

I'm expecting 1000+ quartz for both Summers.....

That's the worst fgo commercial I can remember off the top of my head...Melt though...

Guda Guda 3 and Summer 3 are my fav FGO CMs.....

Guda Guda 4 and Summer 4 CMs are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.