• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I tried so hard on the Davinci challenge quest. My starting lineup was rider kintoki, waver and merlin. I made it to the last 2 enemies but davinci just kept charging that np. I dont even know if I want to try again.

Last edited:

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished my 125th box. At this point, I've more than enough chains for Eresh even after I finish maxing out Quetz (who has currently just reached 8/8/8), and I only have one Servant left who needs to reach 4/4/4 using gems (I also need to get Hessian Lobo up there, but since he's an Avenger my shortage of Bones and Lanterns means he'll have to wait until next month to join the rest). I think if I grind to 150 boxes, I'll stop there. At that point, none of my Servants will require Blue Gems anymore and Quetz will probably only have one skill left to get to level 10, which would be easier and more economical to do by beating up some doors at that point.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Here's your full campaign details and the banner schedule. Pretty much as expected, everything the same from JP except for the Twitter campaign for quartz.

Interestingly they actually kept the x10 count for the login bonuses, so it includes 10 apples, 10M QP, and most importantly the full 10 tickets.
banner_20190925_g45te.png

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just now getting to the Exhibition quests. Fuck Da Vinci and Hassan in particular. One for being overly long, and the other for being pretty much pure RNG.

Also, spend 90 quartz and got Bryn and Nero. Neat.

Here's your full campaign details and the banner schedule. Pretty much as expected.

Interestingly they actually kept the x10 count for the login bonuses, so it includes 10 apples, 10M QP, and most importantly the full 10 tickets.

Cool!. Might try for NP5 Merlin for the memes and I'm most likely getting Emiya Alter since I just want him for sentimental values.

Also I finally dropped FEH, so this is my only gacha game. Time to spend more money recklessly on this game again.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to 52,000 petals. Gonna keep grinding until the end.

My fingers are going to die next week with exchanging.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just now getting to the Exhibition quests. Fuck Da Vinci and Hassan in particular. One for being overly long, and the other for being pretty much pure RNG.
Yeah... I think I'm swearing off doing anymore CQ after this. Last year's were challenging but fair, but this years they just took things to the next level with these damn gimmicks, break bars and tons of hp to go through. If next years are even worse they won't even be worth my time. Although there is a good chance I will have quit by then with how things look in the future of the schedule. The Challenge quests favor those who have all the good servants and goes against how you could originally play the game with your favorites.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I think I'm swearing off doing anymore CQ after this. Last year's were challenging but fair, but this years they just took things to the next level with these damn gimmicks, break bars and tons of hp to go through. If next years are even worse they won't even be worth my time. Although there is a good chance I will have quit by then with how things look in the future of the schedule. The Challenge quests favor those who have all the good servants and goes against how you could originally play the game with your favorites.
The Nerofest/Gilfest ones tend to be the hardest, but every event usually has it own challenge quest and most aren't as difficult. FGO tries to keep a good balance of easy and difficult content.

That said many of the challenge quests can be solo'd with a good support Servant (some a bit more RNG-ish than others). Da Vinci's can't, but the best Servant for that one is a welfare (BB). The best Servant for Suzuka's is also a welfare (Chloe).

Hassan's is broken (the taunt is supposed to focus on the leftmost character only) but I don't think they'll fix it before the event ends.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I did it... after I don't know how many tries and how many Quartz over a few different banners, the most elusive Servant I've pursued is finally mine!

VxBXq0w.png

She's only my second 5* Saber, and my first single-target one. I've wanted more flexibility in my team compositions involving Sabers for ages now, and Nero's going to give me so much to work with once I power her up with my Nerofest spoils... I'm so happy right now!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quite a number of them can be "solo'd", if that helps at all. You just need a level 1 Georgios and Leonidas, Atlas Uniform, and a friend with a broken servant, usually Cu Alter with the event CE that boosts atk by 200%. Some like Hassan and Da Vinci can't unless you have massive lucky RNG on your side though. Gamepress has some good examples on this.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did it... after I don't know how many tries and how many Quartz over a few different banners, the most elusive Servant I've pursued is finally mine!

VxBXq0w.png

She's only my second 5* Saber, and my first single-target one. I've wanted more flexibility in my team compositions involving Sabers for ages now, and Nero's going to give me so much to work with once I power her up with my Nerofest spoils... I'm so happy right now!
Congrats!

Hmm...Lancer Alter or Gorgon. Decisions, decisions.
These are the two I'm trying to decide between as well. Having an AOE Avenger would be useful, but then so would an AOE Lancer as great as Lancer Alter. Both have great assets to them. I'm leaning more towards Lancer Alter right now, but we'll see how things look when the time comes.

On the subject of the event, I managed to MLB a second CE now so I can run +8 (with friend). The grind continues!

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Lancer Alter is an NA meme and doesn't noticeably outperform the deep roster of four and five star AoE Lancers.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Having an AOE Avenger would be useful
WHEN?! Tell me!

This is something that I genuinely want to know. Seriously, when would a crit-based AoE Buster Avenger with no way to gather stars (until almost two years from now) for herself be useful? I mean, more useful than an AoE Berserker?

I've been trying to decide between Salter, Lalter, and Gorgon for months. Then Gawain briefly barged into consideration before getting kicked out while Medea Lily snuck in carrying pancakes. I think I've also managed to eliminate Salter (I did the math, and even though Salter is famed for having the hardest-hitting NP among SR Sabers, my Suzuka is still stronger considering that I'd never get extra NP levels on Salter. Kind of funny how close it was, though). So basically, I'm currently considering Lalter, Gorgon, and Medea Lily. I like Gorgon and Medea Lily more than Lalter (so little personality in her lines...), but I'm not sure when I'd use either of them.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
It probably goes without saying, but just in case: a reminder for anyone considering Saber Alter or Lancer Alter that they're both on rateup in the banner too, so make sure you do all the rolls you wanted before redeeming the ticket. Though since you can't use it until the 15th anyway, that likely won't be a problem for most people.

Eldalie_

Nov 1, 2017
Random tickets ftw! I manage to get bry from a random ticket that turned gold.
image0.jpg

VxBXq0w.png

Congrats and from single ticket I finally completed Umu collection.
Screenshot-20190910-073307.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
WHEN?! Tell me!

This is something that I genuinely want to know. Seriously, when would a crit-based AoE Buster Avenger with no way to gather stars (until almost two years from now) for herself be useful? I mean, more useful than an AoE Berserker?

I've been trying to decide between Salter, Lalter, and Gorgon for months. Then Gawain briefly barged into consideration before getting kicked out while Medea Lily snuck in carrying pancakes. I think I've also managed to eliminate Salter (I did the math, and even though Salter is famed for having the hardest-hitting NP among SR Sabers, my Suzuka is still stronger considering that I'd never get extra NP levels on Salter. Kind of funny how close it was, though). So basically, I'm currently considering Lalter, Gorgon, and Medea Lily. I like Gorgon and Medea Lily more than Lalter (so little personality in her lines...), but I'm not sure when I'd use either of them.
She'd be useful if there were quests/nodes/etc. with multiple Rulers in the final round to get rid of them all at once (or at least do damage to the lot of them). While you could Berserker them, if you can't kill them in a single round and it needs to be drawn out, the Avengers would tank a lot better than a Berserker could/would. I don't know what future Japanese content looks like though, and whether a thing is even needed or not. I just thought it'd be neat to have, just in case a particular situation arises.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with an np2 maou nobunaga I can safely say that an AoE avenger is never useful.
An AoE Buster Avenger is never useful. The "Buster" part is important, because...
Dantes: *Laughs in Skadi memes.*
She'd be useful if there were quests/nodes/etc. with multiple Rulers in the final round to get rid of them all at once (or at least do damage to the lot of them).
I thought that was the scenario. While I don't have anything close to complete knowledge of what's coming, as far as I know, multiple Rulers at once still hasn't happened outside of the Dantes CQ.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still undecided between Nitocris or Zerkalot. Nitocris has the benefit of being self-sufficient while Lancelot needs both NP2 and Skadi to work, both of which I don't know if I'll commit to, so I guess I'm leaning towards Nitocris? That animation update though...

Almost did it, but forgot about Nero's defense spam. Another failed attempt and one seal wasted for nothing.
I feel you, just came super close to clutching it out but Ozy is too damn tanky. Wasted my seal for nothing too, screw that ticket lol

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, as for my own selection, I'm still completely undecided. I'd like to get one of the story-locked servants but of those I don't have yet, none of them fill any obvious gaps in my lineup.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. So it's better to use the ticket for someone harder to get then?
I'd say so, as long as you don't have a particular emotional attachment to him and want to ensure you get him. For me, the priority with these tickets goes: Servants I must have (thankfully all current ones are obtained), Servants I like but are hard to get, and then Servants that would be useful but could potentially spook.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was the scenario. While I don't have anything close to complete knowledge of what's coming, as far as I know, multiple Rulers at once still hasn't happened outside of the Dantes CQ.
Well, it sounds like I'll be going with my original plan and choosing Lancer Alter then (assuming she doesn't come to me on my Merlin pulls, of course)!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Its either Tristan or Ibaraki for me. The choice is so hard since I've gotten pretty lucky with SR.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop sleeping on Cu Alter. All the hype in my supports list is for Raikou with Event CE (which came in handy for prototype, thanks), but Cu Alter with Event CE is easily the MVP of this event. Getting this dude maxed (golden fous, lv100) asap.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I want Medea Lily, but I'm feeling the need to get Zerkerlot. Kind of annoying because Lily is story locked and I'll never have time to pull specifically for her.
I'm probably going to skip Hassan and Prototype
Ok if you're struggling then I'm concerned. Is it really that bad? (I haven't even attempted yet)
My fingers are going to die next week with exchanging.
Bro don't remind me. Next week is going to be more hell than this week lol.

VxBXq0w.png

Congrats and from single ticket I finally completed Umu collection.
Screenshot-20190910-073307.png
Congrats on getting the best ST saber guys :)
Lancelot needs both NP2
NP2 is better than NP1, but if you're talking needs then you need NP5 from everything I've been told. Anything less will require facecards on Wave 3 (not including grails and golden fous).

Not saying don't pick Zerk, just making sure you don't think that NP2 is going to lead to completely rng-less Skadi farming.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Nero is my only gold saber. Is she worth investing in now or is picking one from the ticket a better get?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I have nooooo idea what to pick as my freebie. Seems I have 19/42 of them (f2p, started 22 months ago). Probably aiming at something with a utility use, so I'm considering Martha basically just for dispel. Maaaye Nero for the def down NP?

I don't have Heracles, but I have Penthesilea and Ibaraki-Douji who are largely similar. Welfate servants on NP5 and my Jalter do most all my single-target NP work anyway.

Admittedly I'm quite weak on lancers with really only a NP2 Li Shuwen to use, so Kid Medusa perhaps?
Depends really. I'll say that saberlot is one of the best servants in the game.
...This is also an option.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
notable download campaign picks, as always servant value is highly dependent on whatever else you have:

saber: who really cares which aoe saber you pick. they do the same thing. would value suzuka the least of them and expect gawain to be a little lacking for now. saberlot notable for single target, but again kind of overrated and not god mode or something.

archer: tristan is the only unique one here for defensive utility. highly overlooked.

lancer: liz notable for buffs. if you've been playing and have decent np level lily jeanne why bother with lancer alter at this point. lots of better options for straight damage aoe lancer coming up over the next year or so. for st vlad is the least bad wouldn't really recommend unless you really need to fill the role

rider: astolfo good. marie worse astolfo but usable eventually. martha also underrated, unique in terms of buff removal/debuff utility.

caster: yes, hello, pay attention to these. helena is super useful for farming, cannot stress this enough. have to invest resources into skills. casgil is useful for arts based farming, though not really essential since there are other options. medea lily is v. rare and usually only shows up on bad banners so worth considering if you want her healer utility, just know it's super situational.

assassin: all st. wu or carmilla for attacker, slight edge to wu. emiya assassin notable for targeted taunt, but super situational, again. basically wet noodle arm character at np1.

berseker: idk np boost to 2/3 for fran or lancelot if you want aoe and have one. herc for st versatility but the others are fine.

avenger: lobos if you want a budget avenger. if you don't have jeanne or even dantes just consider lobos as a means of dealing with rulers. you are not really going to find other options unless you just berserker flex.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but so far the hearts drop rate has been a lot lower than the vine one from the previous round...

Glad to read that you managed to clear without Cu Alter, since I was about to apologize for being in bone hell which is why I haven't been able to max skill him yet. :D
I cleared the nerved version of this CQ with Raikou and think I had to use a seal, so I might have to try something different this time.

No worries, good luck with your own attempt. Mine was fairly lucky in that Nero missed both activations of Imperial Privilege initially and I finished the quest before she could try again. If you need Gilgamesh to clean up in the end, let me know.

I want Medea Lily, but I'm feeling the need to get Zerkerlot. Kind of annoying because Lily is story locked and I'll never have time to pull specifically for her.
Ok if you're struggling then I'm concerned. Is it really that bad? (I haven't even attempted yet)

Hassan is possible with Iri if you soft reset a lot. It just takes forever because of the special defense mechanic, meaning you probably want to stall for 20+ turns. Prototype needs a healthy dose of luck but at least its over quickly, you probably know if you have a chance of clearing it 7 turns in.

As for Lily, Prisma Rerun is probably your best bet.

From this guy's post https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/d23391/2600_free_sq_500_tickets_postnero_fest_tally/

NA has received 2600 SQ and 500 Tix since launch if you didn't miss anything, which is an estimated 1366 rolls.

So if you rolled everything and have average luck, you should have 13 SSRs.

I still have 438 SQ and 74 tickets, so I have rolled 1146 times.

I have 8 SSRs so i'm like 3-4 SSRs from average XD. My SSR rate is 0.69% which is surprisingly close to the rate up SSR rate, and I only have one spook. I guess DW forgot to program in the spooks for my account... The big whiffs was Tamamo 1, Scathach, Illya and Merlin

35 SRs ain't bad and is pretty close to expected value considering tutorial roll and free 4 star ticket near launch.

Hopefully I get Merlin in round 2.

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Monster hunter fucked up my box grind but oh well. Might end at around 25. I managed to clear all the challenges, still haven't needed a Merlin of my own but I'm still gonna roll for him.

Taking Nitocris from the pick SR. Because cute, that's all.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I've recorded a pretty reliable method to beat the prototype grand finale Challenge in 8 turns. Hope this helps some struggling with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.