• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
3 tickets thrown at the Bride banner and I really didn't expect anything. I got the following:

NOTHING

I'm mostly done with petals farming, so I mainly do some more medal farming and...the prototype CQ.

No worries, good luck with your own attempt. Mine was fairly lucky in that Nero missed both activations of Imperial Privilege initially and I finished the quest before she could try again. If you need Gilgamesh to clean up in the end, let me know.
Thankfully there are 3-4 ppl in my friends list who have him equipped with the damage CE, so I'll try with him next.

Also, I forgot that today isn't actually the last day of the event which means two more seal refreshes left. Not like it helps if Nero simply kills your full health bar with the following crit attack.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I've recorded a pretty reliable method to beat the prototype grand finale Challenge in 8 turns. Hope this helps some struggling with it.

Nice. I wanted to do something similar, but I could never find a friend that had a Sherlock.

Managed to beat it with the typical supports and Raikou/Cu Alter though. Had to use a command seal to heal Cu since he lost his guts due to poison right before Nero's last NP.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the prototype CQ. Went with a Caster Nero as my main dps along with servants to help her regain Np charges, since her Np damage was good enough to kill 3 servants at once with 1-2 uses.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
NP2 Ishtar isn't killing Medea with her NP alone, so I'm guessing NP3 is required

Maybe. By my estimation it's around 270K neutral, so there's some lee way there. NP3 is more of a question for the final wave. Maybe might not kill Ozy nor amakusa in one go, but they'll be dead next turn anyway, and even if someone falls there's still room in the backline to take it the rest of the way.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Nero is my only gold saber. Is she worth investing in now or is picking one from the ticket a better get?
Nero was my main Saber from pretty much when I started (got her off the Saber Wars banner less than a month after I began) until I got NP5 Suzuka from CCC. I'd say that she's really good.
Admittedly I'm quite weak on lancers with really only a NP2 Li Shuwen to use, so Kid Medusa perhaps?
Janta is coming back in a few months, so if you just need a gold Lancer you might want to wait for her. As for Medusa Lily, outside of niche strategies like charm/stun-lock with her sisters and eventually being a bit of a Quick support (by giving enemies a Quick-resist down debuff), she's one of the less useful options on the list. I'd suggest Lalter if you want AoE or Vlad if you want ST.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Had Nero all alone and was waiting for a chance to NP her, but this is some bullshit. Nero is constantly spamming her defense buff with 2 different one's stacking giving me no window.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Man it's been a busy few days. It really ate into my box farming so it looks like i'm only going to be at around 50.

So looking at the free 4 star I keep being torn. I'm really really wanting to use it to summon Nitocris. But getting Astolfo or Zerkerlot to NP2 is also really really enticing. Astolfo especially because no Drake.

Other than that. If I already have Merlin is it even worth it to pull on his upcoming banner? NP2 Merlin doesn't seem that great.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried the KH quest. I can see why this is an issue. The biggest problem I'm having is how are you expected to stall for so long to get this damage mitigation to go away? Even without the glitch it seems like a pretty poorly designed fight. If I had more time I would use my command seals, but for now I'll leave it and attempt the remaining ones.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I used 3 tickets and this was the result

JimgRSm.jpg

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish someone brought Extra CCC over.

I did the prototype yesterday and used it to Debut Penth /w 2g3l along with a support cu zerker with the same CE Martha Merlin Mash Bond Herc.

It was actually a really good showing for Penth, I didn't like her baby face art at first but it's grown a lot onme now, she's also the only servant I use the slow mo NP option for. She along with Quetz really suffers from sprites not having much shading/definition tho.

She was my number 1 ticket option before she spooked me, so now my remaining choices are:

Tristan: Amazing art, meh sprite, boring animations, ez mats, purge, worse evade than david, not buster, animation update with camelot maybe? Low np damage even post interlude. Altera Santa does more at NP1, never mind NP5. - Story locked

Lobo: Looks cool, can loop post skadi, kinda shit until then, needs seashells, rulers are rare - Spookable.

Vlad: Great sprite simple, cool armour, reminds me of Dragon age 1, Taunt, Thighs are too long, ruins FA art. Low damage, NP2 Sraikou does more than him on an evil servant and so does NP1 enkidu. - Spookable

Gorgon: - Baller animations, Not her boss sprite, why would I ever need an AOE buster avenger. - Story locked

Nero: My Loved her in extra. Jumped the shark in Extella and FGO so I dont anymore, gross imperial privilege rng, live lord. NP music.

NP+ wise I'm really tempted to NP2 Penth, this would make her grail-able, NP4 Zerkalot for obvious reasons, NP4 casgil to save rolls on the pre summer banner, NP2 sad dad so he won't hit like wet noodle though he's level 1 rn and will always be inferior to shiki. NP2 Nito for obvious reasons, NP2 Catlante for Skadi.

I think it's really between NP2 Penth, NP2 Emiya Assassin, Tristan, and Lobo.

Last edited:

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I too got nothing while using the Summon Tix from the CQs.

Then my brother did a multi roll with his last 30 SQ and got Umu and Umu Bride in one go. Happy for him cuz he only wanted Umu.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Currently at 20k petals. I don't know if I should stop and save apples for winter lottery or keep going.

Eldalie_

Nov 1, 2017

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Zerker Bros are the best. Time to grail.
Zerker-Bros-01.jpg

Zerker-Bros-02.jpg
FU Nero.

EDIT:

Went with Cu Alter (damage CE), Merlin (Battle of Camlann), Waver support (ideally with 2030 CE or starting NP CE), Mash (Volumen Hydrargyrum), Nero Caster (Chaldea Lifesavers) and Herc (bond CE).
First Jack, followed by NP on Amakusa. Face cards on Lartoria and then only on Nero until all her Guts were removed. If I remember correcty I used the only seal that I had to NPBB Medea into Ozy and then Nero. Thankfully, Cu Alter and Herc were able to finish the job with Herc on his final Guts and the Extra attack barely securing the win.
Having the Volumen CE on Mash helped a lot since Medea can't remove it with her NP. Nero Caster gave Guts support. Sadly I don't have Iri which would have made it easier.
Damn relieved.

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Android only of course, but I might think of using that once I'm back to using the Nox emulator.
I have at least 130 unopened boxes (abt. 200 in total) waiting for me to tap on. *sigh*

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I think im going to stop at 60 Boxes or 65 give or take. I still have around 48 Gold Apples and a ton of Bronze Apples

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what?

You can run scripts in FGO?

Wtf have I been doing all this time, lol
You have to use a different app for it. There is a Ankulua script for FGO that I think will let you automate anything.

But I'm just using a simple touch macro recorder. You'd have to be crazy to farm over 20 boxes manually.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
GOD, FINALLY
With this I'm done with the CQs. King Hassan can take a walk. These last few challenges are brutal if you don't have your own Top Caster.
Ok I've recorded a pretty reliable method to beat the prototype grand finale Challenge in 8 turns. Hope this helps some struggling with it.

I couldn't pull it off with SHerlock because I lack my own Sherlock and my supports aren't great for rushdown (no Waver or Merlin). A support Sherlock comp without the aforementioned ultimately runs out of steam by the end. If only he came home back when I threw all those tickets at him...

I did figure out a budget strategy for myself: support Cu Alter with damage CE takes care of most of the fight, BB(w/Afternoon Party) invalidates the debuffs, provides stun and some NP refund, Helena(w/Battle of Camlann) provides battery, a short burst and then becomes dead weight, Leonidas (w/Golden Carp) Buster buffs, taunts and dies, Mash provides invicibility/np/taunt, and finally Gilgamesh with D3R cleans up the remaining servants. Atlas Institute MC. Order of killing: Jack, Amakusa, Lalter, Ozy, Medea, Nero. No command seals required, surprisingly enough. Requires a shitton of RNG though. Also, fuck Medea. Her stupid poison can cost you a match, Rule Breaker spam is supremely annoying and her defense buff SUCKS. She is the absolute worst.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could have done these final few CQ, but I feel my time is better spent farming more boxes instead of dealing with all of the RNG on those fights. If the rewards were better I'd do it (like if they gave a grail or another Lore or something), but for a single ticket and a handful of ascension/skill materials? I'll pass.

Congrats to everyone that managed it, though!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Chrono, it's the right choice if you want to stay sane. :D

GOD, FINALLY

With this I'm done with the CQs. King Hassan can take a walk. These last few challenges are brutal if you don't have your own Top Caster.

I couldn't pull it off with SHerlock because I lack my own Sherlock and my supports aren't great for rushdown (no Waver or Merlin). A support Sherlock comp without the aforementioned ultimately runs out of steam by the end. If only he came home back when I threw all those tickets at him...

I did figure out a budget strategy for myself: support Cu Alter with damage CE takes care of most of the fight, BB(w/Afternoon Party) invalidates the debuffs, provides stun and some NP refund, Helena(w/Battle of Camlann) provides battery, a short burst and then becomes dead weight, Leonidas (w/Golden Carp) Buster buffs, taunts and dies, Mash provides invicibility/np/taunt, and finally Gilgamesh with D3R cleans up the remaining servants. Atlas Institute MC. Order of killing: Jack, Amakusa, Lalter, Ozy, Medea, Nero. No command seals required, surprisingly enough. Requires a shitton of RNG though. Also, fuck Medea. Her stupid poison can cost you a match, Rule Breaker spam is supremely annoying and her defense buff SUCKS. She is the absolute worst.
Job nicely done, congrats! And yeah, Medea's stacked poison screwed me over more than once.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono, it's the right choice if you want to stay sane. :D
Considering how many pedals I'm farming, I'm not so sure "sane" is the word I'd use to describe myself right now, haha. I pale in-comparison to some of you guys though, but then I do have other gacha games demanding my time. The 1/2 AP in Magia Record didn't help things. >_<

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
You cheaters using scripts!! Do you not have any pride in losing your sanity like us traditional method folk??

On box 90 at the moment...help...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Pfft, script users. What happened to the good old days where you strapped a stylus to an oscillating fan?

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could have done these final few CQ, but I feel my time is better spent farming more boxes instead of dealing with all of the RNG on those fights. If the rewards were better I'd do it (like if they gave a grail or another Lore or something), but for a single ticket and a handful of ascension/skill materials? I'll pass.

Congrats to everyone that managed it, though!
I can feel farming instead of doing these CQs. I'm barely getting the last re-run done and I know I still have almost all the new ones and I'm not liking it.

I think in my heart I want to not do them and farm but I want tickets for Yagyu,Tomoe Gozen and the second shot at Raikou.

Status
Not open for further replies.