• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I like reading about people with huge numbers of petals. It makes me feel less crazy for having farmed 100 boxes so far. I've gotten everyone who isn't ascension-locked to their max natural level, have almost filled my Second Archive with gold embers, and have over 250 stacks of at least two gold embers (extracting the stacks of two as I need more space to open more boxes), and will soon be filling up my main box.

Once this event is over, I'll "get" to start spending all my AP farming QP or mats instead of embers. Because unless I get spooked while rolling for Eresh or Sheba I should, counting shop embers, be good on embers for the rest of the year. And even then, it would be happening during another lottery event, so I still wouldn't have to go back to the dailies.

Oct 25, 2017
I will admit im gonna miss this event; its the most consecutive time I've played the game thanks to apples and the like and its fun to level things up and skill up one time a year lol

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
BTW we better hope the engine update that JP just got comes to NA sooner than later. Soooooo much smoother. Loading is soooooo much quicker.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Engine update is cool and all, but the 11th roll is what I actually care about. If we don't get that soon, that's a lot of missed chances between now and then...

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling they may choose to save the engine update for the introduction of Lostbelt next April. I'd like it sooner if it improves the overall performance significantly, but in terms of overhauling the summon system for the 11-pull and whatever other QoL features they would implement all at once like they've done before, it seems like the most opportune time for them to draw people in with a ton of new features as well as the start of the next proper story arc.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I was more thinking the engine update has more to do with phone compatibility than any QOL stuff so maybe that is something they have to fasttrack.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about NA getting the 11th roll early. Unless I'm forgetting something, it seems like everything related to pulls comes on schedule. We haven't gotten discounted paid gachas early, and same goes for the 3 fragments per master mission.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We started with 3SQ = 1 roll instead of 4SQ = 1 roll.
Oh, I wasn't exactly thinking about launch improvements. Don't think NA having to pay more for rolls would have flown. 11 rolls are more like a bonus, and unless I'm out of touch, I don't see any people making a huge fuss about us not having it yet. As long as its absence isn't clearly hurting FGO NA's image and bottom line, I don't think they'll be in any rush to give it to us. Always love to be wrong though, because it and the extra bump in rate-up odds were my two favorite things about the 4th anni.

On another note, I'm excited for Gilfest. JP's engine update and the replay option to reduce load screens will make the lotto grind more pleasant. I wonder how DW's going to handle last year's Gilfest command codes, considering Nerofest event CEs didn't get re-runs a year later.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All Exhibition quests done!

Hardest by far was the Gramps one due to it being nearly pure RNG and Prototype for just being bullshit on steroids. Ended up using one command seal on both, but only had to use it on Prototype due to my last guts being taken away by poison right before Nero's NP and not wanting to do the whole thing over again. Used it on Gramps to end the fight as quickly as possible.

Runner up goes to Da Vinci, but I wouldn't say hers was hard, at least for me. BB/Merlin/Jeanne Support makes the fight not all that bad, it's just overly long and annoying.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about NA getting the 11th roll early. Unless I'm forgetting something, it seems like everything related to pulls comes on schedule. We haven't gotten discounted paid gachas early, and same goes for the 3 fragments per master mission.
We got 3SQ rolls at launch and beefed up paid SQ packs on the 1st anniversary. But we didn't get the extra 10 quartz per 50 logins bonus that JP did on their third anniversary for our second. We'll probably match with JP from hereon out when it comes to quartz upgrades.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It adds up. I average 10-15 10x rolls per banner, how many extra rolls are lost in the two year gap then? Surely over 200 right?

That kinda annoys me. Maybe I got too used to GFL, where the QoL stuff was only ever a few weeks between mainland CN Ver. and Global...

On the other hand, FGO is a lot more expensive than GFL so...

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Strictly speaking I don't think completing the ultra challenging CQs is "worth it" for the rewards alone, but I wasted so much time on both Da Vinci and Prototype that giving up would've left me unsatisfied so I had to stubbornly see it through to the end. Doesn't help that I'm on box 128 and kinda just want this event to end so I can stop farming already lol
Job nicely done, congrats! And yeah, Medea's stacked poison screwed me over more than once.
Thanks, congrats on your clear too! Not gonna lie, kinda proud to have figured this one out without Waver, Merlin or Tamamo.
I kinda want Cu Alter now. Best ST servant in the game, this fight made me a believer. Does he ever get a solo rate-up?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Zerker Bros are the best. Time to grail.
Zerker-Bros-01.jpg

Zerker-Bros-02.jpg
FU Nero.

EDIT:

Went with Cu Alter (damage CE), Merlin (Battle of Camlann), Waver support (ideally with 2030 CE or starting NP CE), Mash (Volumen Hydrargyrum), Nero Caster (Chaldea Lifesavers) and Herc (bond CE).
First Jack, followed by NP on Amakusa. Face cards on Lartoria and then only on Nero until all her Guts were removed. If I remember correcty I used the only seal that I had to NPBB Medea into Ozy and then Nero. Thankfully, Cu Alter and Herc were able to finish the job with Herc on his final Guts and the Extra attack barely securing the win.
Having the Volumen CE on Mash helped a lot since Medea can't remove it with her NP. Nero Caster gave Guts support. Sadly I don't have Iri which would have made it easier.
Damn relieved.
GOD, FINALLY

With this I'm done with the CQs. King Hassan can take a walk. These last few challenges are brutal if you don't have your own Top Caster.

I couldn't pull it off with SHerlock because I lack my own Sherlock and my supports aren't great for rushdown (no Waver or Merlin). A support Sherlock comp without the aforementioned ultimately runs out of steam by the end. If only he came home back when I threw all those tickets at him...

I did figure out a budget strategy for myself: support Cu Alter with damage CE takes care of most of the fight, BB(w/Afternoon Party) invalidates the debuffs, provides stun and some NP refund, Helena(w/Battle of Camlann) provides battery, a short burst and then becomes dead weight, Leonidas (w/Golden Carp) Buster buffs, taunts and dies, Mash provides invicibility/np/taunt, and finally Gilgamesh with D3R cleans up the remaining servants. Atlas Institute MC. Order of killing: Jack, Amakusa, Lalter, Ozy, Medea, Nero. No command seals required, surprisingly enough. Requires a shitton of RNG though. Also, fuck Medea. Her stupid poison can cost you a match, Rule Breaker spam is supremely annoying and her defense buff SUCKS. She is the absolute worst.

Grats on the clears!

I wish I could have done these final few CQ, but I feel my time is better spent farming more boxes instead of dealing with all of the RNG on those fights. If the rewards were better I'd do it (like if they gave a grail or another Lore or something), but for a single ticket and a handful of ascension/skill materials? I'll pass.

Congrats to everyone that managed it, though!

For me it was more for pride since I haven't missed a CQ yet. Plus at the rate I get new Servants, 100+ boxes is probably enough to last me for 2 more years

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't cheese the Hassan or Prototype CQ, so I give up. I'll try one more time when I recover my final CS. Holmes + Jeanne only works if you can actually draw their cards in a way that lets you use Jeanne's NP when you need it.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Strictly speaking I don't think completing the ultra challenging CQs is "worth it" for the rewards alone, but I wasted so much time on both Da Vinci and Prototype that giving up would've left me unsatisfied so I had to stubbornly see it through to the end. Doesn't help that I'm on box 128 and kinda just want this event to end so I can stop farming already lol
Exactly my reasoning.
My damn stubbornness wouldn't allow it.

Thanks, congrats on your clear too! Not gonna lie, kinda proud to have figured this one out without Waver, Merlin or Tamamo.
I kinda want Cu Alter now. Best ST servant in the game, this fight made me a believer. Does he ever get a solo rate-up?

Yeah, forgot to add that I consider your run more impressive than mine
Unfortunately it looks like his next solo rate up won't happen before march 2021 while march 2020 he'll share a rate up with Arthur. Unless he is added to the US exclusive thanksgiving lineup this november. Got him on the last GSSR and underestimated his usefulness.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I usually aim for 30 boxes and I might be able to make it if I go hard tonight. Maybe. Really, all I've been doing is tapping the screen to hit the surf button during monster hunter loadtimes. Even during last year's Nerofest where I had nothing to do for 2 days except play it at work while supervising some renovations I don't think I went past 50 or 60 boxes.

I lost a lot of grinding time last night because of the surprise extra CQ that I had no idea about. I got blindsided by it because I'd burned all my command seals to quickly finish off my medal farming, since I'd cleared everything else without seals up to that point.

The prototype CQ was a pain in the ass because I had no idea how strong Medea's defense buff combined with Nero's imperial privilege spam was. I had her down to like 10k hp after killing Medea, and she healed herself back up to 150k+ before I wiped. I was doing absolutely no damage even with the MLB damage CE on Cu Alter. I burned my daily CS on that attempt too.

Next try I brought my own Medea to dispel her in case it came down to that. But in the middle of it someone told me that Nero's guts buff on death doesn't last forever like the wikis say, it's 'only' 10 times. So I took out Nero first that time. Everything was smooth sailing until Medea started relentlessly only targeting Cu Alter, I eventually ran out of invincibility and guts charges no matter how many times I reset. I had to burn through 4 of her lives with Mash, Jeanne and that Medea I brought. Considering she heals every turn that was...interesting. I did eventually win but I'm still pissed at how much time it took. I just don't have the time for this kind of thing these days. This ticket better be a Merlin.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I've done all of four boxes because other games got in the way. All well it's fine I've managed to level the servants I wanted to level. I've still do some more farming till the end.

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so behind due to work and IRL events that I couldn't sink any time into the game for 4 days. Now trying to catch up and finish medal/petal/CQs in 1.5 days. Just got to 40 boxes now. Urgh...

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Uh, is there no way to turn a costume off? I liked Nero's FA art better, and I can switch the icon, command card, and sprite back... but not her Saint Graph? :(

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, is there no way to turn a costume off? I liked Nero's FA art better, and I can switch the icon, command card, and sprite back... but not her Saint Graph? :(
There should be a little double arrow on the left side of the Saint Graph. Tap it.

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Is Merlin coming on the reset today or is it tomorrow?

Unfortunately it looks like his next solo rate up won't happen before march 2021 while march 2020 he'll share a rate up with Arthur. Unless he is added to the US exclusive thanksgiving lineup this november. Got him on the last GSSR and underestimated his usefulness.
Oh, that's so far still D:
Well, I guess trying for him and NP2 Arthur next year wouldn't be too terrible.

I am in QP hell for the first time now >.< I have the resources but not the QP for skills!!! Whyyyy
Welcome.
You're never leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.