• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
D'oh! Updated my phone without thinking and now I'm on Android 10.
9031.jpg

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh the game pushing Mash on you is annoying. No Merlin I don't wanna go on a date with Mash. Also tell her to get out of my interludes with other people.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Bedivere interlude has no Mash, though in hindsight I would have preferred her to be there...
It also mentions a certain character a lot that Chilly seems to have a weird affection for, so it's a must play for him.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Bedi's interlude was a super cute platonic date so I'm glad Mash wasn't there. I could see a world where someone ships him as their Husbando.

My favorite interlude out of the bunch was Lancelot's just because of that sweet smile of his X3

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
For sure, it was a great piece for those who have him as their husbando.
Though coming from the Nitocris interlude it felt a bit tiring to me to read the interlude of another Servant with such a strong case of inferiority complex.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah I get that. Nito's is one of my absolute favorites. Partly because I love all the pharaohs, but it was just such a good one 'lude wise.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I skipped all the interludes I had unlocked during this 1/2 AP session, maybe I'll read them one day if I feel like it

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've read enough interludes to know that half of them are boring, so I only bother it I really like the character.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
All of this seems blasphemous to me as someone who has even gone back and reread interludes so I can rank them from worst (I.E. Boudica) to best (Carmilla).

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Since I'm moving around a lot recently due to work I'm stuck playing on my phone instead of my ipad at home, I find reading interludes/story more enjoyable on a bigger screen hence I'm keeping them for later when I feel like reading stuff, although I'm not too interested in any of those I unlocked, so maybe I'll never read them.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was a bit confused as well, as I skip all the event cutscenes and watch them later lol.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Same, I usually skip story stuff if I'm playing during lunch break and then go back and read it after work.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The only cut scenes I skip until is the Nerofest intro if I want to go to bed (because it's way too long) or event rerun scenes I don't like at all. As I said before, I usually read everything and usually I do it where I can listen, but some scenes I read just without sound on my break depending.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I do love Bedi and the game was kind enough to let me NP3 him despite his story locked status so that's exciting. Yeah most of the interludes have been lack luster, especially the fight your shadow self ones.

Actually, despite how plain it was, I think Diarmuid had an interesting one. For all his talk and how the game tends to treat him, he clearly has deep seated issues regarding Fionn and himself with the way the interlude and his lines play out. It won't go anywhere but geez I feel bad for him.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I actually like some of the "Fight yourself" shadow ones but I think it depends on the servant and what happens in said interlude. Some interludes are fantastic though because they have completely changed my opinion on a character with exception of like Fionn's who is still the only servant I hated more after getting since usually getting them makes me like them more.

But agreed on Arjuna's. His first one was okay, but the second was just spectacular and def one of the top tier ones. I'm also firmly convinced that doing it is the reason why Junie finally allowed me to summon Karna because I got him like a day or two later.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Of the 3* servants I found Ceaser's interlude really neat, dude is pretty self aware about his previous life.

Ushi's Is great as well; she is just adorable!

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gil's interludes are all disappointingly boring, it's just gil talking something inane, mash and mc going 'oh king Gilgamesh-sama' and then you fight a dragon or something. Hope he gets a good one one day.

Kintoki's babylon one is p good tho. Boudica's is definitely the worst I've done, the rest I've done rather forgettable.

Out of the latest batch that I read I gotta admit that I really enjoyed Orion on the beach getting beaten to a pulp by Punch Saint . :D

Orion the servant or the bear? Because I'm all in for the former.

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Yes, it's the bear that gets his ass kicked by Martha Ruler.

As for Gil, I actually read Kid Gil's interlude and it was all about Mash. I thought I remembered someone recommending his interlude for being informative/relevant, but that's not what I had expected.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Orion or rather Artemis makes me salty so I never use them. What a garbage interpretation. Hope we get them separate one day.

The kid Gil interlude was yeah. Of course it also ties into the fact that the Male MC is probably the character that the developers intend and its the only way all of the dialogue in the game makes sense. Poor FemMC doesn't event ca't even get into adaptions.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orion or rather Artemis makes me salty so I never use them. What a garbage interpretation. Hope we get them separate one day.

The kid Gil interlude was yeah. Of course it also ties into the fact that the Male MC is probably the character that the developers intend and its the only way all of the dialogue in the game makes sense. Poor FemMC doesn't event ca't even get into adaptions.
At least she's in the Shimosa manga, which has a pretty neat art style.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Baahh, my transfer code that I setup didn't work as well. No more FGO for me in the mean time, here's hoping the Android 10 patch comes sooner than later.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like some of the "Fight yourself" shadow ones but I think it depends on the servant and what happens in said interlude. Some interludes are fantastic though because they have completely changed my opinion on a character with exception of like Fionn's who is still the only servant I hated more after getting since usually getting them makes me like them more.
Fionn's interlude even ends in some kind of a sequel hook that, to my knowledge, still isn't explained to date. What the heck.

In any case, most of the old Interludes for old Servants are pretty boring, but I feel like they're getting better for the newer ones. I'll generally like it if they somehow involve other Servants (like Tristan's getting the whole Round Table involved or Billy the Kid's Seven Samurai-esque standoff) or discuss some aspects of the Servant's actual legend (like Arash's super long prose about his myth or Altera's "fun fact: Brynhild was technically my wife" discussion) or tie to things in the main story (like David reminiscing about Solomon or Ibaraki cleansing Babylonia's Tomoe Gozen).

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
My Irish mythology is a little rusty, but isn't Fionn suppose to be like Irish King Arthur? Why make him so terrible?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they intended to make Fionn terrible gameplay-wise (as evidence by his buffs making him into a good Arts-looper). I suspect that his character being garbage stems from Diarmuid premiering first, so the conception of Fionn in the mind of the writers is shaped by how he is in Diarmuid's legend.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Fionn also first appeared during Byrn's first banner, now imagine rolling for Bryn and having that gold lancer card turning into Fionn.

Personally I just don't like his artwork.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I like Fionn's final outfit (I'm a sucker for capes) and I find him a useful servant for my arts teams since he used to be my only offensive NP arts lancer (he still my only aoe one), but man do I hate him.

They really did a disservice to him much like what they did with Artemis (one of my fave greek Gods). However, while I have grown to like Artemis as long as she isn't making domestic violence jokes, getting Fionn has made me hate him even more and pretty much every appearance of him makes it worse.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I love that Liz has got bonus bond points in all three singularities so far. She's been my go to support for these chapters.

I don't particularly like Artemis, but I like her more than Orion himself. He comes off as a fuckboy in this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.