• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well day one summoning was probably a bad idea as 330 quartz got me 2 additional Musashi, an additional Tamamo, and a Paraiso. I'm going to save the remainder of my quartz and tickets for tomorrow.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: were we able to sell the arts/buster/quick bonus items from the last event after it finished? I forgot to check.

If Asagami wasn't soon I would roll for Tamoe just because of the Babylonia reference. Seems like a badass.

Interesting that even though I haven't finished Agartha I can play the new singularity.
I think it actually works on Android now, but for whatever reason they didn't mention this in the posts.
When I logged on this morning there was a notification about it, but maybe I misread it and it just said there was an issue with Android 10.

Don't read things when you first wake up people lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Random question: were we able to sell the arts/buster/quick bonus items from the last event after it finished? I forgot to check.

If Asagami wasn't soon I would roll for Tamoe just because of the Babylonia reference. Seems like a badass.

Interesting that even though I haven't finished Agartha I can play the new singularity.

When I logged on this morning there was a notification about it, but maybe I misread it and it just said there was an issue with Android 10.

Don't read things when you first wake up people lol.
Yes to the first question. And yeah they have mentioned it after all, I guess I missed it the first time around.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany

Yeah, could sell them for QP which was more profitable than exchanging bronze/silver currency to the higher currency, so I bought them all.

You can clear them in whatever order you want. I think this time I won't necessarily rush the story campaign too much, since it's not time restricted anyways.

You going for tomoe + musashi?

Should have gone for the Tomoe solo rate up.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up throwing a few tickets and a single multi-roll at the Shimousa banner after seeing some results here; ended up with Tomoe so I'm pleased.

First Shuten, then Ibaraki, and now Tomoe... I have a sneaking suspicion my Chaldea is built into the side of Mount Ooe.

Dr. Rank

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! After the disaster in January I finally have a great single target saber! Still took 24 tickets and 120 SQ though. Now to start Shimousa!
jihbQBO.jpg

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Grats to people for good rolls!

Saving for Hokusai, so no tickets or SQ will be used. My stash is still depleted from whiffing on Nero Bride and Merlin

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Shimosa started out great! Loving the tone and the story so far. Just finished the first major duel

PSA, have your devices off mute for the start of the main fights when you sense they are coming.

I didn't know what to expect but thought the duel announcement super cool! Halfway through I could almost hear UFC announcer "AAAAAND NOOOW! ITS TIME! Fighting out of the right corner: carrying 4 katanas and wielding 2 blades, MIYAMOTO MUUUU-SAAAA-SHIIII!"

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
My SQ rolling was a disaster and now im just definitely hoarding for Hokusai now.

I got my first Kscope though

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the first duel.

I was worried when Shimousa started. The first section just being endless Musashi wanking gave me uncomfortable flashbacks to Septem. Glad that that seems to be over now.

I'm hoping we'll get more, better companions soon. I'm not particularly fond of Musashi, so I'm not pleased about her being the focus of the chapter.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Tomoe has better art and design and better buster crit capabilities
I'm not sure I agree with that last part because Tomoe has a long cooldown between her gather skill. I would rather take hot sands + the 3 turn buster buff.

Art and design I would say are about equal. I don't think either is particularly special, but they're both satisfactory I feel.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Question, after fixing a singularity, does time go back to how it was before the mess happens?

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Question, after fixing a singularity, does time go back to how it was before the mess happens?
I think they say that reality just find a non-magical reasoning for every person dead in the singularity when all goes back to normal, but the dead stay dead. The buildings probably just goes back to a non-destroyed state.
Through im pretty sure that the real answer is "if nasu feels like having them dead or alive again."

Balma

Oct 27, 2017

This was sort of answered on Nasu's blog (translation from this Reddit post)

Balancing the Humanity Foundation value - the damage done in a singularity is not to "that year", but "that era", so there's a plus-minus to the calculations. As Gil said, at the turning point of an era that has become a foundation for humanity, if the pluses increase, so do the minuses. Things like "this can only be dealt with through sudden death" or "well it might be possible to shorten their lifespan just a bit", and also "this person's debt will be paid back by work from people living in another land", it's that sort of book-keeping.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the pulls you guys, it seems like more than a few of you are getting lucky on this banner. Always cool to see!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I think they say that reality just find a non-magical reasoning for every person dead in the singularity when all goes back to normal, but the dead stay dead. The buildings probably just goes back to a non-destroyed state.
Through im pretty sure that the real answer is "if nasu feels like having them dead or alive again."
This was sort of answered on Nasu's blog (translation from this Reddit post)

This sounds so strange to me so maybe I'm just misunderstanding. I'm almost finished with Babylonia and the amount of death there and in Camelot should have massive repercussions for future people if not reset. It would be way easier for everything to go back the way it should be instead of that explanation.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost finished with Babylonia and the amount of death there and in Camelot should have massive repercussions for future people if not reset.
There's another explanation for that.
Basically, the World only tries to make deaths from things that are possible fit into history. Things like the Goddess Rhongomyniad or Tiamat are so far outside the boundaries of what is allowed that when they show up the World throws up its hands and just undoes any deaths they caused once the threat is defeated.

In Babylon, only deaths up to the defeat of Gorgon count. In Camelot, the damage to the timeline all comes from the war against the fake king that was resolved before we even arrived.
Basically, Nasu is nowhere near as good of a writer as he's held up as and will just throw out whatever nonsense he thinks is cool and then, when that causes problems, retcon it.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the people who like Nasu's stuff will readily admit that lol.

The nasuverse is fun just because of how bayshit huge and stupid it is.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh. I get what it's going for but it's just baffling not to hit the reset button all the way instead of partially. But whatever, I also thought all servants except King Arthur didn't remember past grail wars and that's clearly not true either.

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
Oh. I get what it's going for but it's just baffling not to hit the reset button all the way instead of partially. But whatever, I also thought all servants except King Arthur didn't remember past grail wars and that's clearly not true either.
Nasu isn't in direct control of FGO, and he treats FGO like a fan service kind of game so having the summoning system be different from the regular Fuyuki servant system is fine. Different writers are also involved so it's hard to get fgo to be consistent. People who haven't read from Nasu's original language like to insult him, but he's written multiple stories that have been deemed good in Japan so I'll trust their judgment over translated interpretations of his works. That's not to say he's a master writer or anything, but I'd rather have Nasu over most young adult writers from Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.