• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If DW ever lets me buy a launch SSR of my choice, I'd choose my King without a second thought. Don't really care for the Fate/Requiem collab though.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I had to refresh myself on Lartoria's animations and yeah that's pretty meh . One of the few proper lancers and that was the best they could do?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I had to refresh myself on Lartoria's animations and yeah that's pretty meh . One of the few proper lancers and that was the best they could do?
the bonking enemies on the head part is what really gets to me about her animations. The buster card where she charges and impales the enemy makes perfect lance since, but the bonking does not. XD

Mind you if they update Lartoria, they should also do Lalter. Maybe they could do a combo set like Stheno and Euryale. xD

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This event has been so unappealing to me, forgot to do my master missions
had the collect x currency ones to do, been farming points or wvt all week
I remembered i had to do them last night, didnt want to go back to the earlier nods
I'm so disappointed in myself

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just hit one million points on the ladder. I cried as I realized I'm only halfway there. This event is horrible.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Finished the shop and put together a saber team I like to call "Have Lancelot do everything until he can't at which point you dun goofed motherfucker!!! (Because Kintoki will come out and insta NP)" XD

So far it has worked pretty good and I'm close to 1 mill.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
...sometimes i just don't GET Delight works and Type moon decision making.
A collab with an increbicly incomplete story, and a animation update for one of the servants people could not care less about. (Granted, it's not bloodaxe, and she's a 4*, so it could be weirder.)
I mean, they want to update the animation for all the old Servants anyway so naturally they it would include some unpopular Servants along the way.

And collabs are not always about mutual exposure. I think it's safe to say that they simply want to promote the novels with this?

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm really happy about the Mordred stuff the most personally. Can't wait to see the new FA Art, never really was a big fan of her default.

... now I just gotta get a Mordred. 🤔

Also there was a Part 4 Babylonia Campaign in Japan that gave away another CE, 12 SQ, and a rotating Summon banner with Gramps and Gorgon. I hope we get that soon.

I only made a Twitter cuz I dunno how to share my Animal Crossing screens otherwise, and it's exactly the kinda game where being even just a little social is fun. (When normally I prefer to play stuff alone.)

... but while I'm there, I figured I mine as well say hi to whatever familiar faces I see! 👋

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy about the Mordred stuff the most personally. Can't wait to see the new FA Art, never really was a big fan of her default.

... now I just gotta get a Mordred. 🤔

Also there was a Part 4 Babylonia Campaign in Japan that gave away another CE, 12 SQ, and a rotating Summon banner with Gramps and Gorgon. I hope we get that soon.

I only made a Twitter cuz I dunno how to share my Animal Crossing screens otherwise, and it's exactly the kinda game where being even just a little social is fun. (When normally I prefer to play stuff alone.)

... but while I'm there, I figured I mine as well say hi to whatever familiar faces I see! 👋

All cool, just to let you know though that account is mainly for following FGO fanartists and retweeting ishtar fanarts, my own dumb FGO memes, and my own FGO fanart.

Also I doubt we get gramps if that banner comes over.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
echo add me on the switch
SW-4098-6980-0507

463833352374452225.png

(i sent you one.)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So with everything going on now, how are my fellow whales thinking about spending on the game?

I've been cutting back on my spending drastically since hokusai's banner, but with how things are going in Australia (luckily I still have a job) I am going to go F2P for the rest of the year.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
My bartending job is shutdown thanks to Corona-chan, no more evening/night work. No more super nice tips from patrons. Honestly, big tippers is where most of my whaling money was coming from. After hours office-lads pay big if you listen to them whine lol. ;)

I have to tighten up the wallet a bit. Still workin' retail as a butcher during the day, at least there is some job-security there. (Grocery stores won't be shutdown no matter how long this lasts.) But most of that money goes towards bills and essentials.

I still want Mordred though gdi, and Okita Alter. So I do see myself breaking into funds for Apocrypha and GudaGuda3. Definitely might have to lower my expectations though. (Was gonna aim for NP3 at minimum.)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the current state of the economy won't make spending in these gacha games easy. Thankfully I only open my wallet for the 4* guaranteed gacha, and they only happen twice a year (New Years and then the Anniversary), so I should be able to manage those purchases still.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Still have my job which will stay open since it's classed as an essential.... though I only have to come into work 3 days a week and I can WFH the other 3 (if needed)... have about 14 weeks of leave as well....

F2P for the rest of the year here as well, might bite on the Rider GSSR at anniversary since I only have 3 out of the 8 on offer which is my lowest amount... but that's it.

Saving all quartz/tickets from her on for Skadi (if I lucksack I'll use these on Summer BB/MHXX)

After that next target is Kama....

Maybe after that start spending a little bit for Guda Guda 3 rerun, Godjuna, Summer 3 rerun, just depends on health and economy.....

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a whale but I was planning to go for the extra class gssr in a few months. Will need to see where I'm at at the time now.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
3 days left and I'm only on 900k points, I also need 300 more gold thingi4s but the drop rate is terrible.

Why does this event suck in every way possible?

I feel you there. My saber + Kintoki team has made the altrium node easier (Lancelot and Kintoki alone make this a cakewalk) but I'm still at 950k for total points. DX

So with everything going on now, how are my fellow whales thinking about spending on the game?

I've been cutting back on my spending drastically since hokusai's banner, but with how things are going in Australia (luckily I still have a job) I am going to go F2P for the rest of the year.

My job has guaranteed that I'll be paid even if our state goes into Quarantine, but money is still tight especially if my roomie won't be paid during all this. My gacha purchases are made through my credit card anyways (paying that off regularly to make room for more gacha purchases has made my credit amazing), but if I can't pay off the card except for my usual monthly payment, then I can't buy more quartz, so right now the plan is to save more quartz and only purchase on the major banners.

Luckily There are only three banners this year I massively want to try on so I should be fine (Uncle Vanya, Anni, and QSH). We'll see though.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm only a pretty mild spender, and I've basically saved the same amount money from not going out socially for the past two weeks, and my job is 100% safe.

That said the £ has absolutely died and the idea of spending more for the same amount of sq as before is pretty meh.

Tbh not getting Achilles and skadi with all the free sq/tickets I have would probably break me anyways.

And I have enough left over paid quartz from last summer for the gssr at least.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Given the uncertain times I'm definitely not gonna spend for SQ, luckily I have nothing I want before Skadi.

I'm holed up in my apartment and have been here for a week and half, I can stay here for the foreseeable future without going out while working from home since my supermarket is delivering food.

I'm not dying before getting that Travelling Outfit Raikou figure.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
My job is pretty safe for now, but of course if things stay locked down for a while there will be a point that all companies will be faced with difficult decisions. 3 to 6 months of a stalled economy I can probably stay employed.. 6 months to a year, well thats when shit gets dicey.
I wanted to target Waver, Achilles and Skadi.. but now I'm seriously thinking I should just focus on Skadi and wait for future banners of the others.

It's funny that my expenses now are actually way down so I have more money available with each paycheck. But the uncertainty of the future means I probably need to save this extra money for now.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Waver has a solo rate up banner for the West rerun but also has 1 solo rate up day for the F/Z rerun (which is after Skadi) so you can definitely hold off on him for now if you want.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah i wanted to try for Mordred more when her banner was up, but she has plenty of banners so I decided I should prioritize only the limited servants for right now like the three I mentioned.

I have a mighty need for Chiron (my next biggest SR goal really), but he can come any time so I just have to have faith ;w;

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Waver has a solo rate up banner for the West rerun but also has 1 solo rate up day for the F/Z rerun (which is after Skadi) so you can definitely hold off on him for now if you want.
That's what I need to keep reminding myself. I wanted to see if I could roll him before Gilfest but I guess waiting for the F/Z rerun is the more prudent move

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I need to keep reminding myself. I wanted to see if I could roll him before Gilfest but I guess waiting for the F/Z rerun is the more prudent move

Yeah its what I'm doing. I'm saving SQ for the Tama Lancer / Mordred Rider banner in a few months. Hopefully it goes well because I'd like to roll for Skadi and Archuria too.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i wanted to try for Mordred more when her banner was up, but she has plenty of banners so I decided I should prioritize only the limited servants for right now like the three I mentioned.
Every time a random gold saber card shows up I hope that it's Mordred. But it's always the shitty saber from the same story instead ...

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about what I want this year, only Gil is limited and even he pops up pretty often so its not too bad.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I just have to stay strong for Jarcher and there's a high chance that I'll get her with free currency. I just have to stay strong for Jarcher. I just have to stay strong for Jar-

*Realizes that SurfMo's next banner is so far her last banner and getting her to NP2 would be really nice.*

Fuck.

But hey, speaking of how COVID-19 is impacting how we interact with the game, there's a high chance that Anime Expo will be cancelled this year. I know that a few weeks ago AX put out a message saying it would still go on, but we've seen how quickly things can change. If AX is cancelled, I wonder if we'd get the anniversary stuff on the actual anniversary or have to wait for when the panel would have been held. There's about a week-and-a-half of difference between the two dates, so it may be a bit of a crunch to fit things in.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Swear down Gil has like 3 banners every year, must be the easiest limited SSR to get bar none.

Just overish 1 month to Apocoroco yo... let me roll already.

Yeah, a pretty non replaceable vital one. Something I'd definitely taken it for granted until all this shit hit the fan. A bit boring though, due to which I was contemplating quitting for a private sector role in commodities I was recommended for a few months back... Sure dodged that bullet. Boring but stress free is fine with me in the current state of the world.

But hey, speaking of how COVID-19 is impacting how we interact with the game, there's a high chance that Anime Expo will be cancelled this year. I know that a few weeks ago AX put out a message saying it would still go on, but we've seen how quickly things can change. If AX is cancelled, I wonder if we'd get the anniversary stuff on the actual anniversary or have to wait for when the panel would have been held. There's about a week-and-a-half of difference between the two dates, so it may be a bit of a crunch to fit things in.

Huh, kinda low key hoping it gets cancelled then. It's not like they're gonna fly out the VA's or the producer anyways with this shit going on so I don't see what value a panel would have.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
3 days left and I'm only on 900k points, I also need 300 more gold thingi4s but the drop rate is terrible.

Why does this event suck in every way possible?

Don't be ashamed, you did the right thing, it's not your fault this event is trash.
I've pretty much given up on this event. I got the mats I needed but these nodes suck too bad.

I work for county welfare so my job is pretty secure but I'm still trying to cut back in general. Luckily this year has very few units I want.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what is with these recent ladder events having terrible nodes? I wanna get the gold fous and I will apple until I do, but I'm not going for that last lore. I don't need it anyways.
purge.gif
Every time man, every time (well I kept the first one for collections sake).

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all better not be talking shit about Seigfried, he might be one of the ugliest characters in the game now but he's gonna get tonk in around a month, and a phew boy costume in another year, and he's also arguably the all around nicest guy in the game. nothing excuses that toystore costume ass FA tho.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the ladder at last! Only a few more runs to get the last of the Vacuum Tubes and then I'll only need to do the Alien Invasions. I will not be sad to see Saber Wars 1 gone forever; working up the will to play at all post-Animal Crossing's release has been excruciating.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Finished the ladder at last! Only a few more runs to get the last of the Vacuum Tubes and then I'll only need to do the Alien Invasions. I will not be sad to see Saber Wars 1 gone forever; working up the will to play at all post-Animal Crossing's release has been excruciating.

Why would you rush the ladder? There is still like ~400k free points to get assuming 200% bonus.

Not trying to criticize but seems like a waste of apples. o_o

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you rush the ladder? There is still like ~400k free points to get assuming 200% bonus.

Not trying to criticize but seems like a waste of apples. o_o
I didn't actually rush very much. I was more focused on working to clear the shop, but because I pulled MHX while fishing for CEs, I ended up being able to get the max 230% Altrium bonus all the way through the event. It's not a particularly large bonus but it adds up, and while I did push to get through to about 1.1 million to get the last of the Golden Fous I needed to max out Eresh's stats at 2,000 a piece, it didn't take very long to get the rest. I didn't think I'd finish the ladder before the shop.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise their were still bonus days left. I should be able to make it to the last fou then. Might try finish the ladder for the sake of it if I have time.
and a phew boy costume in another year
You're not wrong about this haha. I have one that is maxed level just for that costume.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
At 1.8mil just using natural AP since the start of the event, so I should be able to get to 2mil by the end. It's a slow slog though and I'm not really bothering with the shop items, got the important stuff but the rest I'll pass on, much rather have the items in the ladder.