• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Salem Spoilers:
The way Raum/Carter explains Sheba's summoning makes it sound like she is a "counter-force" eligible servant. Honestly I could even see her as a Grand Caster, just her passive powers alone are crazy.

She's even half-demon like a certain other Grand Caster...

Finally her clairvoyance... As depicted here in Salem, is on such a level that even speaking of the future she observers may passively solidify it as fact.

This little snippet from her bio seems to insist her clairvoyance was on the level of even Solomon: "It's implied that her meeting with Solomon in the legends was actually an intense mentally draining Clairvoyance vs Clairvoyance battle, where they would go through the three enigmas adapting to what was becoming settled as the future and the past. "

Just being a plain 'ol SR, almost seems insulting. But I guess it's one of those things where you have separate rarity from in-universe power?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I thought
the explanation was that she was summoned in an incomplete state, and yet she was still that powerful despite being weakened. Which is kind of a non-answer given they have her spirit origin

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and reinstalled FGO on my 6S and transferred my account back from the 11. I guess I'll be keeping the 6S as a secondary device for a while longer, I'm just glad I didn't sell it right away. It's now my dedicated FGO device, since all of my other apps are fine playing with my new phone. At least now I don't need to deal with all of the lag and can (hopefully) enjoy playing through Salem, which I'll start later this evening. With Christmas coming up, and the number of boxes I'm sure I'll end up farming, I wanted to lessen the headache as much as I could.

For the first time since in several years, my mobile phone no longer has FGO installed on it. I miss the icon being there (I had it placed first, before all of the other gacha games I play). It's a very strange feeling.

Last edited:

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I went ahead and reinstalled FGO on my 6S and transferred my account back from the 11. I guess I'll be keeping the 6S as a secondary device for a while longer, I'm just glad I didn't sell it right away. It's now my dedicated FGO device, since all of my other apps are fine playing with my new phone. At least now I don't need to deal with all of the lag and can (hopefully) enjoy playing through Salem, which I'll start later this evening. With Christmas coming up, and the number of boxes I'm sure I'll end up farming, I wanted to lessen the headache as much as I could.

For the first time since in several years, my mobile phone no longer has FGO installed on it. I miss the icon being there (I had it placed first, before all of the other gacha games I play). It's a very strange feeling.
On the brightside, that other phone can always be on FGO now, so you don't need to switch to other apps.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
On the brightside, that other phone can always be on FGO now, so you don't need to switch to other apps.
This is why humans were given two hands, I am sure of it. I can now grind the Christmas event in FGO with my right hand, and the Christmas event in Magia Record with my left.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Salem Spoilers:
The way Raum/Carter explains Sheba's summoning makes it sound like she is a "counter-force" eligible servant. Honestly I could even see her as a Grand Caster, just her passive powers alone are crazy.

She's even half-demon like a certain other Grand Caster...

Finally her clairvoyance... As depicted here in Salem, is on such a level that even speaking of the future she observers may passively solidify it as fact.

This little snippet from her bio seems to insist her clairvoyance was on the level of even Solomon: "It's implied that her meeting with Solomon in the legends was actually an intense mentally draining Clairvoyance vs Clairvoyance battle, where they would go through the three enigmas adapting to what was becoming settled as the future and the past. "

Just being a plain 'ol SR, almost seems insulting. But I guess it's one of those things where you have separate rarity from in-universe power?

I mean caster Gil is also a grand servant candidate just due to clairvoyance and he's also just an Sr.

Oct 25, 2017

Miss you in here!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
1FD81A0204F8E15385111DB26690F82B84CFB04A

E02A938F55F776A50385D7246EA8EBC971EA6EBA

I can't wait tbh. Pretty much the only reason I won't grail Summer Nobu or Amazoness CEO.

I feel so bad her dream drove her to this. I am very curious how it's handled in FGO.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
That Atalante and Achilles fight was super hyped but slightly ruined by how dumb her hatred of Jeanne was and turning herself into that.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The fight wasn't against Achilles but he is the one who ended it.

She was no match for Jeanne and knew it, partaking of the Calydonian boar seemed her only option.

I don't think it's stupid at all. It's really sad she was drove to this. :(

Atalanta has a beautiful wish to save all the children, and she is truly at wits end at this point in the books. Having to witness the insides of Jack, and all the cruelty therein, broke her.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
"you... someone like you... I won't let you get in the way!
I have fought so that unloved children could be even slightly happy!
Even if not perfect, I felt like I had accomplished something!
But how were things when I came to this era? Children's misfortune continues!
I did not fight to create a future like this!
And you killed such Children! (Jeanne is the one which finishes Jack in Apocrypha.)
Averting your eyes from that sadness, that pain!
They could have been saved!
Tauropolos!"

In all the Nasuverse, her wish is one of the few non-selfish ones.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It's stupid because her character really didn't have much development except save the children. Which is a cool wish and would've been fulfilled through amakusa anyway if the right team won. Her problem is that she had a good wish but handled the Jack situation in a dumb way because from the viewers pov, Jeanne was clearly in the right handling Jack and Atalanta nonsense would just hurt more people and hurt the children themselves.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I thought she had ample characterization in the books, but the anime skimps on character stuff all around to save time and cramp it all into 26 eps.

In-fac the books have quite a few differences to the anime including the stuff we're talking about right now, so if you've only seen the anime, I guess I could see where you're coming from.

Lockon

Oct 28, 2017
I'm currently in Osaka and couldn't help myself when walking pass capsule machines with FGO so I tried and got these 2 keychains:
20191212-150456.jpg

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I thought she had ample characterization in the books, but the anime skimps on character stuff all around to save time and cramp it all into 26 eps.

In-fac the books have quite a few differences to the anime including the stuff we're talking about right now, so if you've only seen the anime, I guess I could see where you're coming from.
Yeah I heard that the anime skipped quite a bit. Really wish they had official novel translations. I hope when they adapt strange Fake in 20 years that they bother giving enough episodes.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the whole 'Rwar u killed murder child, i angry' thing wasn't really compelling in the anime.

That said I'll probably use the next Sr ticket on her, despite the trash konoe art, I'm a sucker for angry beastmode people.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently in Osaka and couldn't help myself when walking pass capsule machines with FGO so I tried and got these 2 keychains:
20191212-150456.jpg
That's pretty cool. My sister came back from Japan a few weeks ago and got me Demonslayer keychains. Might have to take one off cuz its kinda bulky going into my pocket.

Lockon

Oct 28, 2017
That's pretty cool. My sister came back from Japan a few weeks ago and got me Demonslayer keychains. Might have to take one off cuz its kinda bulky going into my pocket.

I almost forgot about FGO arcade. I went to an arcade nearby and played about an hour and just got back with about 30 cards. No 5* servants, but here's the best I got:
15761649085725684373372581154205.jpg

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that the Chaldea Broadcasting Station will be having a stream tonight at 6 PM PST.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I love how every time CometDance posts on the reddit, all the people who have never heard of them get confused how they have been able to save so much quartz. XD There's always a ton of "Who are you saving for?" posts. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Who the fuck is CometDance
A player who uses exclusively bronze (and Angra) servants to complete all the main content in FGO (they use welfares sometimes for farming htough). They have never rolled the quartz gacha banners except for the tutorial roll, and they are basically who I use as a reference for when I say people can beat the main content with non SSR servants. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
CometDance also has a youtube channel (Of the same name.) where they post all of the fights they have completed with their servants, and some of the strategies they come up with are crazy.

Honestly, they have taught me a lot about how to use my bronze servants better, and even inspired me to create the strategy I use for raid teams (using taunters/arash and plug suit to bring in even more support to buff the DPS)

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Chen Gong is possibly better than every 3 star, so in 2 year we can say the no 3 star rule is rubbish xd

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Chen Gong is possibly better than every 3 star, so in 2 year we can say the no 3 star rule is rubbish xd
You can say that now, considering how you can beat most CQ and boss fights with 1* and 2* as long as you use the right strategies and servants.

CometDance can't reliably beat Nerofest CQs a lot of the time, but they have been able to do just about everything else. XD

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, come on! Not only are they spending time doing the damage challenge from the FGOUSA tour, but it's obviously pre-recorded! The NPs don't have subtitles!

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Oyo? They're calling Santa Altera "Attila"? I didn't expect that.

E: I might have pressed submit one second too soon.

E2: Tch, event starts on the 16th. I was hoping there would be a surprise maintenance tonight.

E3: We're getting 10 SQ for the stream (13 counting the pre-stream campaign).

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Now if only they'd enable a toggle to skip the animation entirely.

(It'll never happen.)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Lancer Raikou's re-run comes BEFORE Skadi? Damn it all, now I don't know what to do. I really want Lancer Raikou as I missed out on her last Christmas, and this will be my last time to get her. On the other hand...Skadi, and knowing she'll only get one other re-run (so far) which is in basically two years...

I was hoping to spend what I need to for Skadi and then spend whatever was left out for Raikou (assuming she didn't drain me completely). Well there goes that plan.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
It's not your last time, in 2 years we get a kintoki + murasaki banner + lancer raikou banner