• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The anime is clearly aimed at Veterans and people who played it. Hard to feel bad about cutting some of the small stuff if you look at it like that.... but well I can understand why folks would want some of the small talk included if you like certain characters. They totally skipped discussing the origins of Kuku, and during the mountain trip to Ishtar they didn't bother to explain the legend of how she fuggin' #rekt it. I'd love if they squeezed in some Da Vinci lectures, her voice is so good.

That said, the alternative is cutting down those epic fight scenes we have coming up, and I really like epic fights in the Nasuverse so...

I mean they don't have to cut those down, they could have just extended it through more episodes. I'm just wondering what they're trying to fill out in the 2nd season that warrants cutting the first half down so much.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also honestly while I kinda like how they made the plancha a more serious character moment for Gudao, I don't like that they cut out the comedic element of Ishtar dragging him farther than what he intended, and also the cut to hug instead of showing the impact of the catch was preeeeeetty bad.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how but minus the little moments with Ushi, the anime somehow managaned to make Gudao and Mash even more boring. I didn't even know that was possible.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I think the adaptation is pretty god so far all things considered. Some things had to be cut, but that was to be expected of a 2 cour anime.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they showed Kuku selling the move. Her face could have lit up in noticing his resolve then her jumping up and taking the hit would have been great. Every other part of the fight was fantastic though.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
6eammuea8s441.png

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yer cutting the dive was pretty lame and anticlimactic, but still Quetz carried the episode hard.

Just finished Salem, man that was really really good, fairly short too. Best possible way to put an end cap on the EORs. It's weird that it wasn't really hyped up by people but it's probably for the best. People talked up Agartha as the worst most offensive thing ever and it was just generically boring bad, and then they hyped up Shimousa as the best thing ever and the was mediocre. But everyone was mum on Salem and it was great.

And Circe a cute, wonder why she's so unpopular, I wouldn't roll on her but if we got another SR ticker before Zerklanta I'd probably use it on her.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was waiting to watch the anime until I found out if they used Sky High Rider-Buster Justice Bomb. That they skipped it tells me that I can safely skip the anime.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yer cutting the dive was pretty lame and anticlimactic, but still Quetz carried the episode hard.

Just finished Salem, man that was really really good, fairly short too. Best possible way to put an end cap on the EORs. It's weird that it wasn't really hyped up by people but it's probably for the best. People talked up Agartha as the worst most offensive thing ever and it was just generically boring bad, and then they hyped up Shimousa as the best thing ever and the was mediocre. But everyone was mum on Salem and it was great.

And Circe a cute, wonder why she's so unpopular, I wouldn't roll on her but if we got another SR ticker before Zerklanta I'd probably use it on her.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
I'm just about ready for Christmas!
Spent the last days just takin it easy farming doors, getting ready for the grind.. I updated the app 5min ago and depleted my AP (not sure if I'll have time later today before maintenance). I'll be doing a few multis for CEs and will be satisfied with whatever I get...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, good luck to everyone pulling tomorrow! I hope those going after Eresh get her quickly.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Semiramis #1 fate waifu.

Konoe #1 worst fate artist

It's a hard life.

oh, oh. there is an image, but maybe it's blocked for you? Does pixiv normally work for you or nah?

edit: swapped with a discord copy of the pic, maybe it works for you now.

You cant hotlink pixv if that was what you were trying to do.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
My real problem is that gudao willingly taking a 200m dive makes no goddamn sense honestly. I mean the whole scene in the VN was going to be hard to make sense of already when it comes to animating it but at least it was due to a plan going further than he planned that he has to go along with.

It's a problem of trying to take an inherently silly scene and resolution waaaay too seriously and not really succeeding at it. I feel like anime only watchers are going "wait why the hell would he think that's a good way to resolve things"

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck to those who are rolling! I wish you success! Rolling as soon as I wake up in the morning.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also I've taken a pretty good long break (i.e 1 week lol) from playing either version of FGO and it's nice honestly. I feel like I can go into the lottery and go hard at it without too much burn out now.

I use to think it's crazy how people can have 100 golden apples but here I am with 100+ apples. I really don't think I'll even get to use over 50. On JP I had 12 gapples going into the last lottery and I farmed 50+ boxes and thought it was a lot.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Also I've taken a pretty good long break (i.e 1 week lol) from playing either version of FGO and it's nice honestly. I feel like I can go into the lottery and go hard at it without too much burn out now.

I use to think it's crazy how people can have 100 golden apples but here I am with 100+ apples. I really don't think I'll even get to use over 50. On JP I had 12 gapples going into the last lottery and I farmed 50+ boxes and thought it was a lot.
Same. Because I'm so close to a level up I only did Ana's NP upgrade and haven't played in days except for daily log in (I missed out on the rest of the master missions and now I'll have 1 quartz fragment forever haunting me LOL) and it as honestly pretty nice even if I was grinding away in SMT.

My 150 golden apples and the others are ready LOL.

as is my 240 quartz (thanks work!) (Also LOL what fragments I had was enough for 1 quartz putting me at 240 instead of 239 so LOL.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also I don't actually really have that much to level now that I'm looking around. Unless I want to level some SRs I have never used.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I have 106 GA, but I kinda wish I used some to farm stakes here during the dead time. Now Christmas event is here and I'll be occupied with that.

Managed only 71 stakes on natural AP since completing Salem. I need 300+ for Sheba, Abby, and Circe. Not even gonna mention/count the needs of future servants... fml.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't bring myself to farm stakes especially seeing that I was farming hard on JP with the lottery event too lol