• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
fGIyXX0.png

EgyUB4e.png

The story revolves around mages jumping through time to prevent a disaster. You as a mage, and a Master, will summon mythological and historical heroes as Servants to fight as your proxy. Rewrite history.

aTNXWj4.png

Throughout the game you'll meet famous people from history or myths. Characters such as Nero or Sir Francis Drake. All the characters come together to save the world. Here are some more notable people you might recognize: Okita Souji, Mordred, Miyamoto Musashi, Leonardo Da Vinci, and more!

eT3OAfE.png

You summon heroes and heroines from various ages and they are designated into classes. Initially there will be only 9 classes but more will be added as the game. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses with stat modifiers. For instance assassins are great for generating critical hit stars while Riders have the innate ability to naturally pull critical hit stars for dealing critical damage.

xRdHIXG.png

The Saber class is the most well-rounded and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have high HP and strong attack with no negative stat modifiers.

VABkLRl.png

The Archer class is the ranged class known for their survival but relatively frail strength and nature; also is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have very high HP but a lower attack.

AJXgzQB.png

The Lancer class is at the forefront for dealing deadly critical blows and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. While they boast the highest HP in the game they have low attack which boosted by a higher attack multiplier.

XISKG85.png

The Rider class excels in absorbing strength to unleash strong critical attacks and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have average HP and below average attack.

99jOgzt.png

The Assassin class dishes out swift attacks giving companions the opportunity to deal large amounts of damage and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have below average HP and attack with a lower attack modifier.

jBoDRY9.png

The Caster class is primarily a support by bolstering the strengths of comrades with their skills and arts and is not personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon (yet). They tout their strength with the lowest attack in the game (with a lower attack modifier) and average HP.

usafIdu.png

The Berserker class is a high damage dealing class but suffers from dealing more damage than other classes and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have the highest attack in the game accompanied with average HP.

Z5YYxUg.png

The Ruler class has the ability to mitigate the damage through their special ability and is personified by a lookalike of the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon.

1HkJkTk.png

Shielder class is primarily for servants who wish to block and reduce damage. This class is not personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon.

uqnY29h.png

Party (Class Triangle)

You will create a party of 5 servants with 1 support slot. You can mix and match various classes or use a single class. Up to you. Within each class a Servant can fulfill a role so there is a variety of compositions you can make. You typically want to mix and match due to their strengths and weaknesses. Each Servant can also possess a Craft Essence which is an ability modifier. Your party will contain a total of 6 servants but only the first 3 will join the fray and the remaining members join as your Servants fall.

• Saber beats Lancer, Lancer beats Archer, Archer beats Saber.
  • Caster beats Assassin, Assassin beats Rider, Rider beats Caster.
  • Berserker deals extra damage to all classes but takes extra damage.
  • Ruler and Shielder take reduced damage.

g3Sq0b1.jpg

Attack Types

Each Servant has a deck of 5 attacks which are divided into 3 different types listed below. Every turn you will draw 5 attack cards from a pool of the servants you have on the field with the card being a certain type and associated with the specific servant. You can choose three attacks every turn and the goal is to defeat your enemy using your attacks. Additionally you have the ability to match certain attack types together to strengthen the type's effect or chain a single servant's attack card all into an attack chain giving you extra combo hits.

• Quick generate stars which is used to increase critical hit chance
  • Artes generate meter for Noble Phantasms
  • Buster deals large amounts of raw damage

Skills

Both Servants and Masters have skills. Each skill has a unique ability associated with the Servant's legend or the Master's Mystic Code (outfit). They have cooldowns but can drastically alter the outcome of a battle.

Command Seal

As the master you have 3 command seals that refill after an allotted time. You can use your Command Seals to resurrect your servants, heal your servants, or use Noble Phantasms.

Noble Phantasm

Once you get 100% meter gauge you have the ability to use your Noble Phantasm, which is a manifestation of that hero/heroine's legend. It's your super. It does a lot of damage or it does extra support like stuff. Save it for when you think you need it. Or don't.

sp_howtoplay_img_2_13.png

HlUMV5r.png

This game has a 1% SSR Servant ratio in JP. If this version is the same then prepare to cry tears either from not getting the servant you want or because your wallet is empty.

kgacLQE.png

Q: Why does it say Arturia instead of Artoria or Altria?

A: Cuz *** the localization??

Q: Is the game dubbed in English?

A: No.

Q: I got [inser Servant name here]. Should I reroll?

A: Yes. Always reroll. The point of the game is to reroll. Keep rerolling. Just keep rerolling.

Q: Does this game play on the same server as the JP version?

A: No.

Q: How stingy is this game with summon currency?

A: Depends on how shitty their server infrastructure is.

Q: How's the story? Is it like Fate/Zero?

A: Bad. And no.

Q: You're making this game sound bad. Why should I play?

A: Cuz you like Type Moon or you like interesting mobile games.

Q: How do I play?

A: It's available on the usual Android and App store depending on your OS. It also released 9PM PDT.

Resources

Wiki: http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order_Wikia

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/

Credits

Writing: Kayos90

Graphics: Quonny

Discord link hidden here!!
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's to 2 more years of rolling and hoping.

(Sidenote : Won't the OT title look weird after the jpn christmas event with its usual welfare, or did the devs announced that they were finished with welfares?)
Edit : Also seems the command seal picture in the OT is broken.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Someone should update the op. Some of the content and stuff are obsolete and foreigners are gonna be the new hotness soon.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should update the op. Some of the content and stuff are obsolete and foreigners are gonna be the new hotness soon.
Eh, Foreigners haven't reached NA yet so I understand them not being included. It's the omission of Avengers and Alter Egos that stands out to me. Also, Caster still not being represented by CasNero.

But of course, is the graphics guy still around?

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
A new Ishtar... a new thread.

Coincidence or conspiracy? You decide!

Of course, we all know it's really Calamity Jane's arrival who caused this.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to Hell. Again. For the third time. Will we ever learn?

No. No we won't.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In for OT3. Here's hoping our luck is better than the last year.
This OT is not good for selling the game at all. Good work.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Eh, Foreigners haven't reached NA yet so I understand them not being included. It's the omission of Avengers and Alter Egos that stands out to me. Also, Caster still not being represented by CasNero.

But of course, is the graphics guy still around?
Don't know who the graphics guy is, but it would be easy to take the banners and just layer new class sprites on them. They could also use some vectoring.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
These Babylonya mission looks very annoying :(

Im not even sure have access to burning field yet.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I did two spins for Quetz and the others (as honestly I want any of them) and all I have to show for it is Ushi copies I don't need LOL. It's okay though, I need to rebuild my luck reserves after halloween, this just means I'll have to go all out on a later Quetz banner that isn't poorly timed.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
To hear Spishtar is busted good, and Maou Nobu is a mockery... with such a short release span between them too...

So these feelings I have are the feelings Enkidu felt when he tore off the leg of her precious bull and threw it in her face... Should I channel my feelings to the current Enkidu banner as a catalyst?

;_; Mom Nobu Strengthening when?
=============

Edit: Also, happy OT3 everyone!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
*Face palm* Just finished my last "Kill x number of monsters" quest and the only one left is to take MK II in 15 fights and get her to bond 10 but i just realized she hasn't been on the team for the last 4 fights which is exactly the number I need to do that ><

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
To hear Spishtar is busted good, and Maou Nobu is a mockery... with such a short release span between them too...

So these feelings I have are the feelings Enkidu felt when he tore off the leg of her precious bull and threw it in her face... Should I channel my feelings to the current Enkidu banner as a catalyst?

;_; Mom Nobu Strengthening when?
=============

Edit: Also, happy OT3 everyone!

I wouldn't say she's busted, more like a solid A to A+.

MaOu nobu is just bad by any metric though.

Last edited:

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
Done with all the missions. Can't do CQ because of stupid singularity requirement, going to farm currency now.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Tamamo is 10/10/10, time for Illyasviel and then Jack, after that only Shuten left to escape bonehell for a while

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Can I just say the factory node is a bitch and I fucking hate it. I hate the fact that I have to farm it for the gold currency

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The Old Well is almost as good for currency, generally has better mat drops, and is way less of a hassle. I recommend farming it.
Okay then, I'll give it a try during my lunch break. I only need to the chaos claws and MP from the shop gold currency wise so as long as I get it done I don't really care how.

The only quest I have left is getting MK II to bond 3 so I'm purely just clearing the shop now. The only currency I'm almost done with as a result of just doing the missions is actually the silver one as I only need to finish off one last mat there. Once the shop is done I can do the Anime master missions and interludes.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Just as a PSA from someone who's finished all the new Interludes already, Cleopatra's has a guaranteed shell drop on the second node. No one else's is particularly helpful for the Babylonia missions, though a few help with cutting into the Wild Beast and Ghost totals needed (specifically, Fuuma, Tawara, and Serenity's Interludes are the most useful in that regard).

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Just as a PSA from someone who's finished all the new Interludes already, Cleopatra's has a guaranteed shell drop on the second node. No one else's is particularly helpful for the Babylonia missions, though a few help with cutting into the Wild Beast and Ghost totals needed (specifically, Fuuma, Tawara, and Serenity's Interludes are the most useful in that regard).

Thanks for the info, I was planning on doing the interludes first anyways, but that's good to know.

Tho i got the ghost requirement just farming scarecrows XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol I'm nearly done purely because I love mission events and want to keep completing missions.

That and since there are two welfares I wanted to for sure make sure I completed MK II so I could focus on Mecha Liz next year since this won't e like normal reruns where completing the welfare isn't as important if you played last year.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Not the most efficient way of going about it, but the old well node does contribute one point on the kill wild beast and giant enemy quests every time you fight it because of the hydra so that already makes it better than the factory node XD

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'd like Quetz too (Rei Hiroe pls continue Black Lagoon already!), but a Babylon banner will roll back around come Anni 3.

It's also really hard to justify another SSR ST Rider when I have NP2 Summer Salter still not FA. >_>

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
It's also really hard to justify another SSR ST Rider when I have NP2 Summer Salter still not FA. >_>
Ha, imagine having three of your four SSR Riders be single-target (and two of them Buster-focused). That said, I don't regret having Quetz, Ozy, and Maid Alter, but I'm only going after AoE SSR Riders from here on out (and thankfully there's only one on the horizon I really care about).

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'd like Quetz too (Rei Hiroe pls continue Black Lagoon already!), but a Babylon banner will roll back around come Anni 3.
100% agree about Rei Hiroe XD

And my plan is to make a major try for Quetz at Anni 3 since I'm trying for Skadi anyways.

Gameplay wise I don't need Quetz because of my riders, but I still really want her ;w;

I need my big sis

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
100% agree about Rei Hiroe XD

And my plan is to make a major try for Quetz at Anni 3 since I'm trying for Skadi anyways.

Gameplay wise I don't need Quetz because of my riders, but I still really want her ;w;

I need my big sis
"You expect me to come even as you're rolling for another Servant?"
877f77a88e3dc1a17668ef893b86004a93d4f363_hq.jpg

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Running old well for the gold currency and giant kill. So far I had 7 crystal drops and 4 wines. Crystal is one of my mats hell (along with fangs) , só I'm enjoying it.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
"You expect me to come even as you're rolling for another Servant?"
877f77a88e3dc1a17668ef893b86004a93d4f363_hq.jpg

Lol it happens though I'm aware I probably won't get anything from it like I have every other time I have tried. But to be fair and as I have previously stated, it doesn't help that Quetz's banners happen at terrible times for me.

Even next Christmas is bad for me because I'm trying for Mothman and Beni-Enma.
Running old well for the gold currency and giant kill. So far I had 7 crystal drops and 4 wines. Crystal is one of my mats hell (along with fangs) , só I'm enjoying it.
Yeah the old well is way better than the factory for a lot of reasons. The drops are also a really nice bonus.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Lol it happens though I'm aware I probably won't get anything from it like I have every other time I have tried. But to be fair and as I have previously stated, it doesn't help that Quetz's banners happen at terrible times for me.

Even next Christmas is bad for me because I'm trying for Mothman and Beni-Enma.
I feel you, I have the same plan at the end of the next year (minus Quetz, but if Eresh doesn't come home this year, she could end up in that messy period as well).