• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I threw in 9 tickets and...
soctCeh.jpg

... You're not Gilgamesh. Or Okita. And I already started powering up Altria. Tempted to sideline Altria for now. Should I?
I use her a fuck ton because of her NP doing defense down (usually having her go first) and her natural NP gen is pretty good on it's own that I usually don't have to worry about charging her NP if she has a 50% np ce on.

She used to be my strongest servant before I got Kintoki. XD

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
SSR pick ticket incoming!
While we all know that this obviously won't happen, I thought it might be fun to take a bit of time and consider who we'd all pick if such a ticket were actually offered under a few conditions.

If it was only for SSRs in the general pool?
If it included storylocked SSRs?
If it included every SSR (released in NA as of Dec. 25, 2019)?

If only Servants in the general pool were included, I think I'd go for either Jeanne or Mordred. Jeanne would be really useful for CQs and boss battles and it would be nice to have all of the Jeanne sisters, but she'd see no use outside of those and I'm planning to roll in the Extra class banner for the next Anime Fest GSSR, so I might get her there. Mordred, though I like her, would mostly be for farming because I don't have an AoE Saber with an instant battery and I'll never roll on a Saber-only banner or a GSSR that includes her.

If it included storylocked Servants, I'd probably go with Medb even though she's in the GSSR I'll be pulling on come NY. I like her animations and she's currently the only pink-haired Servant I'm missing and I'd like to complete the set (although I'll almost certainly be missing Circe by then).

If it included limited Servants, then if I whiffed on Ereshkigal, my pick would obviously be her. But if I didn't whiff on Ereshkigal, I'd be torn between Brynhild and Archuria. I like Brynhild more as a character, but I'm planning to try to clear the first Lostbelt using only Summer Servants, and Archuria would be a big help with that.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Here's how it'd go for me if we got an SSR ticket:

General pool: Drake!!!
Storylocked: Quetz!!!
Limited: Moriarty or Holmes but leaning Moriarty. >>;

For some reason I was thinking that if they ever somehow did a free SSR ticket, it'd be a deal where the reslts were completely random so it'd be more fair to everyone XD but I have no idea why that would even be fair and know most people's luck they'd get the person they want the least.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
General: Coin toss, NP2 Scheherazade or NP 2 Jack
Story: NP3 Latoria
Limited: Coin toss, NP2 Umu Caster or NP2 Bryn

Honestly, looking at my pool of available servants I am beyond lucky for someone only playing since May. (19 SSR, 10 of them NP2 or higher.) Hardest one to get was Latoria at 900SQ exactly, and thankfully enough that very last multi had two of her. 🙏

So that's pretty much why I would only be spending an SSR ticket on dupes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
General Pool: Tamamo (I need her)
Story Locked: Artoria Lancer
Limited: Kiara (so I could NP2 her)

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I use her a fuck ton because of her NP doing defense down (usually having her go first) and her natural NP gen is pretty good on it's own that I usually don't have to worry about charging her NP if she has a 50% np ce on.

She used to be my strongest servant before I got Kintoki. XD

I used her as support (enviously) when I started out and that's kind of what I noticed too. She and Altria will get maxed out though eventually. I like them well enough that their middling placement in the "meta" is something I can put aside.

If only she had the cool np and art from extella.

I was saying that nightingale was my least used ssr after arjuna but I forgot about altera.

Oh good, I have all 3 of those. My bench party is all filled up lol. NP2 Nightingale too.

Oct 25, 2017
While we all know that this obviously won't happen, I thought it might be fun to take a bit of time and consider who we'd all pick if such a ticket were actually offered under a few conditions.

If it was only for SSRs in the general pool?
If it included storylocked SSRs?
If it included every SSR (released in NA as of Dec. 25, 2019)?

If only Servants in the general pool were included, I think I'd go for either Jeanne or Mordred. Jeanne would be really useful for CQs and boss battles and it would be nice to have all of the Jeanne sisters, but she'd see no use outside of those and I'm planning to roll in the Extra class banner for the next Anime Fest GSSR, so I might get her there. Mordred, though I like her, would mostly be for farming because I don't have an AoE Saber with an instant battery and I'll never roll on a Saber-only banner or a GSSR that includes her.

If it included storylocked Servants, I'd probably go with Medb even though she's in the GSSR I'll be pulling on come NY. I like her animations and she's currently the only pink-haired Servant I'm missing and I'd like to complete the set (although I'll almost certainly be missing Circe by then).

If it included limited Servants, then if I whiffed on Ereshkigal, my pick would obviously be her. But if I didn't whiff on Ereshkigal, I'd be torn between Brynhild and Archuria. I like Brynhild more as a character, but I'm planning to try to clear the first Lostbelt using only Summer Servants, and Archuria would be a big help with that.
General: Orion
Storylocked: Lancer Arturia (NP2)
All LTD: Shiki

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm QP farming currently and my farm team is Rolf (in his date outfit), Kintoki, and Summer Ishtar.

The reason i bring this up is while my team are in cute and casual outfits, my master is in a fucking suit because I maxed out my swimsuit and for some reason I find that hilarious.

Just the image of us in battle is amazing.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do the figures somewhat resemble their promotional pictures in terms of quality? I wanted to buy the Summer Frankenstein one pretty badly, but bailed when I saw real pics.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I like how they make Ishtar fight independent of Mana. Like she gets in the close range fight and uses mana as air support.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol I had a small fan girl moment just looking at the drop map guide for Salem
Because I recognize the name Whateley
because of all those beautiful beautiful nodes dropping feathers. ;w;

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
A.J. sent a reqest

On another note, I am thankful for this dead weak.. staying over with family for thanksgiving, so I am barely doing anything in game. Just logging in, getting a couple of door runs here and there and not really worrying about AP overflow.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm conflicted about this dead week. On the one hand, I'd like Salem to have started already so I could be farming the hundreds of stakes I'll hopefully need. On the other hand, if Salem had started already, that would probably reduce (or eliminate) the overlap period between the Salem 2 and Xmas banners.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I like dead weeks cause they let me farm without feeling like I'm missing anything. Also having a really good time with the dub and sub versions of the anime. Seems like they got Crispin Freeman back for mysterious old man.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
This dead will let me stock up on QP, it's fantastic.
Besides I'm kinda hyped for salem and I'm looking forward to christmas event to grind the hell out of the lotto.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
So I just noticed it and it's really neat that (shimousa spoiler) musashi NP gains the void splitting animation after shimousa

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, i'll miss you once more, daily proof of hero.
Also, pretty neat for the advent calender to begin with a ticket.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm upgrading my phone (right now I'm using a fossil from 2015) in the next week or so and I'm afraid. I have my transfer code, and I've read the iTunes backup transfers everything over anyway, and yet I'm still nervous, not just for this but the handful of other gacha games I play. I'll have the transfer ID's for the important ones under lock and key until everything is transferred and working properly.

It's always a scary though, losing everything you've worked for.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I really wasn't expecting the advent calendar to start off so well. Anyone remember what the background was for the first day's box on the website? I checked but it's been updated with the summon ticket (nice production values, btw). If it was anything but one of the ones with SQ for the background, then I wonder how juicy those days will be (if the background has anything to do with what's inside, which is a big "if").

This is such a nice start that I almost feel like another SR ticket isn't out of the question for Xmas. Though it probably is out of the question, and even if not, it would probably be another starter pool ticket. I shouldn't let myself get so hyped up.

I'm upgrading my phone (right now I'm using a fossil from 2015) in the next week or so and I'm afraid. I have my transfer code, and I've read the iTunes backup transfers everything over anyway, and yet I'm still nervous, not just for this but the handful of other gacha games I play. I'll have the transfer ID's for the important ones under lock and key until everything is transferred and working properly.

It's always a scary though, losing everything you've worked for.
Good luck, Chrono. It sucks that they still don't have it tied to the Apple/Google accounts or at least a permanent, reusable binding code.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck, Chrono. It sucks that they still don't have it tied to the Apple/Google accounts or at least a permanent, reusable binding code.
Thanks!

Yeah, a permanent binding option would be ideal. For a game as popular as FGO, I'm surprised they don't have one yet. It sucks since four of the gacha games I'm most worried about don't use them (FGO, Magia Record, SAOARS, and Bang Dream). At least I don't have to be concerned for Dragalia Lost, as that's linked to my Nintendo ID.

But yes, here's hoping everything goes according to plan!

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Looks like fangs are back on the menu. And we get a ticket for christmas.

Also I finally upgraded to ios 13 and like previous versions, I hate it even more.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys burn extra copies of useless 4* CEs for the mana prisms, or use them for XP?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
XP for CE bombs. I have 3 CE bombs at 80, 60, and 50... still not enough to level 100 a 5* CE... but close, level 95.

I only burn 4* and 3* Servants I have no interest in lol.