• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more bothered they couldn't give Tituba art that didn't look like Queen of Sheba

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Santa Nighty is hella awesome and hella sure I wont trade her for Santa Helena.. she prolly still come like new vinci tho.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Santa Nighty is hella awesome and hella sure I wont trade her for Santa Helena.. she prolly still come like new vinci tho.

The problem is, Arcade Da Vinchi never did come. We got A rider da vinchi, but it's not the same one. Different outfit, different NP.

But like, you can change outfit slightly for just general Da Vinchi and release her for mobile, I have hard time seeing how they can "slightly change" a unique seasonal design to release her for mobile. That'd be like releasing a second Squirtoria but her swimsuit is a different color. It's too redundant.

I am just not convinced we are going to get snegurochka in mobile at all.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more bothered they couldn't give Tituba art that didn't look like Queen of Sheba
The manga adaptation does give her a more fitting outfit to make it believable. I just don't expect that many throw away character sprites even in the VN sections. If we even get CGs for some scenes i go "woah more budget than usual!", but my expectations about original art for small sections are never that high.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on iOS upgrade their phone and do a restore to the new one through iTunes?

I'm going to be moving to a new phone in around a week (when it arrives), and I've read conflicting reports on the best way to transfer over. From what some say, if you do a backup restore through iTunes to the new phone, it moves everything on your old phone over, including app data, so you don't even need to use your FGO transfer code to begin playing again (you just load up the game on your new phone and that's that). But I've also read that the data needs to be encrypted for that to happen, which I'd rather not do out of fear of losing my encryption password eventually. I'm the only one with access to my PC and make regular external backup's of my iPhone backup, so I don't really need it encrypted. I'd do the iCloud backup instead, but I'd rather have access to my backup than one of Apple's servers.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but if any iOS users here (if you did the transfer to a new phone) could post their experiences with it, it'd be appreciated.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The manga adaptation does give her a more fitting outfit to make it believable. I just don't expect that many throw away character sprites even in the VN sections. If we even get CGs for some scenes i go "woah more budget than usual!", but my expectations about original art for small sections are never that high.
I honestly wish they would put in a little more effort, because while I'm happy to know she had a different outfit in the manga, it's really hard to believe that seeing her usual sprite in game. XD

I also had a similar reaction when I realized Mata Hari was with us (her being in the troupe makes perfect sense, but her outfit does not in a puritan village LOL) but I was glad to find out she had a more appropriate outfit in the manga as well.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend that goes to Japan yearly and he says he always sees the FGO cab empty in the arcades. I don't understand why they put so much into it.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Anyone on iOS upgrade their phone and do a restore to the new one through iTunes?

I'm going to be moving to a new phone in around a week (when it arrives), and I've read conflicting reports on the best way to transfer over. From what some say, if you do a backup restore through iTunes to the new phone, it moves everything on your old phone over, including app data, so you don't even need to use your FGO transfer code to begin playing again (you just load up the game on your new phone and that's that). But I've also read that the data needs to be encrypted for that to happen, which I'd rather not do out of fear of losing my encryption password eventually. I'm the only one with access to my PC and make regular external backup's of my iPhone backup, so I don't really need it encrypted. I'd do the iCloud backup instead, but I'd rather have access to my backup than one of Apple's servers.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but if any iOS users here (if you did the transfer to a new phone) could post their experiences with it, it'd be appreciated.
I'm not sure If I did this for FGO, but when I got a new iOS device and signed in everything indeed transferred over for my other gacha games.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I love how they apparently had the budget to make a bunch of new backgrounds (thank fuck for that), but apparently they can't make a different face for the reverend that is talking at the same time as a villager with his face. XD

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure If I did this for FGO, but when I got a new iOS device and signed in everything indeed transferred over for my other gacha games.
Thanks! I posted thhis question on Reddit as well and got a similar response, so I won't worry about things too much. That being said, I have my transfer ID documented many times just to be safe. Better to be over-cautious than under.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Lousy timelocked story nodes standing between me and farming the hundreds more stakes I hope to need. Only got six so far...

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
LOL speak of the devil

v91x53saab241.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/e58byc/tituba_and_mata_hari_in_the_salem_manga/

(Link to the post i got it from)

These looks are way better and I honestly wise Tituba at least got a different sprite. It'd make her reveal way better. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Also I'm loving the map theme, I thought Shimousa's was great, but this might be my favorite out of the EOR chapters. Not sure where it ranks compared to Camelot and Babylonia's.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I just missing why Shimousa is so beloved? This is the first time I've been so bored with a story in FGO.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
LOL speak of the devil

v91x53saab241.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/e58byc/tituba_and_mata_hari_in_the_salem_manga/

(Link to the post i got it from)

These looks are way better and I honestly wise Tituba at least got a different sprite. It'd make her reveal way better. XD
Was that drawn by raita because those hands.
I'm I just missing why Shimousa is so beloved? This is the first time I've been so bored with a story in FGO.
Musashi.
Also its rooted in japanese history so why not.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Am I just missing why Shimousa is so beloved? This is the first time I've been so bored with a story in FGO.
It's all just a matter of taste. Mostly with how much someone likes Musashi. I don't, and I'd personally rank Shimousa in the bottom three singularities along with Septem and Agartha.
You got 1 more than me, do you feel no shame? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HAHAHAHAHA! I thought I might have gotten an extra drop from that last node, but I wasn't sure! But no, I've no shame on this issue.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Musashi.
Also its rooted in japanese history so why not.
So many fight and hype moment.. but because the story presented in visual novel gachs game its bound being boring to someone. Its like battle shounen 1 vs 1 arc.
It's all just a matter of taste. Mostly with how much someone likes Musashi. I don't, and I'd personally rank Shimousa in the bottom three singularities along with Septem and Agartha.
Thanks for the replies. Probably the whole "not knowing much on Japanese history" is making most of the references go over my head and leading to me getting bored. The build up to the 1v1 fights is cool, but I don't really care for the way the gameplay handles it, though I get what they were going for.

At least I can jump into Salem anytime I want. You don't need to complete Shimousa to start Salem, so that's neat. Interested in how they tackle Abigail considering what she caused. The Witch Trials is one of my favorite historical events. Curious if they paint her as innocent or villainous like in The Crucible, though considering how popular she is, It'll probably be the former.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Salem might end up being my favourite EoR chapter you know. One of the big problems FGO has is constantly shoehorning in random battles during the chapters just to give the players something to do - I've always found it really annoying and think it detracts from the story - but Salem is one of the few chapters that doesn't really have that issue. It being an almost pure VN experience helps the story flow so much smoother than some of the other chapters where you have to randomly fight a few mooks now and then just for the sake of clearing AP lol.

The story might shit the bed later on of course, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Shimousa. Count me among the ones that really liked it. I enjoyed how simple it was and was just a build up of a bunch of hype fights.

Also the intro to the sword master fights was rad AF.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Alright I take back any mean thing I've ever said about Jeanne. Her damage is meh but she is clutch in servant fights with her NP.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whats up with Christmas Helena's model and np looking great while ishtar and everyone else added in recent history looks like no budget shit.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Section 3 done. Good thing you only have to wait 2 days for the rest of singularity so natural ap is just enough.

Melt does big damage.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm QP farming when I'm at work (playing on my breaks of course :P) so I don't always have enough ap to get through the story when I get home. But it's okay because this means I can get more QP and just playing the story at a natural pace that's only a little behind everyone else.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
It's funny though, in many ways I wish I didn't know the twist about Abby because it'd ruin the surprise. But at the same time I'm not upset because as soon as I saw Carter and Lavinia, I would have been confused, but ultimately figured things out just from knowing their stories. XD

In either case I'm loving this mix up and I will probably use my Lovecraft inspired romance novel as a catalyst.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
It's funny though, in many ways I wish I didn't know the twist about Abby because it'd ruin the surprise. But at the same time I'm not upset because as soon as I saw Carter and Lavinia, I would have been confused, but ultimately figured things out just from knowing their stories. XD

In either case I'm loving this mix up and I will probably use my Lovecraft inspired romance novel as a catalyst.
The price paid for Clairvoyance EX

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The price paid for Clairvoyance EX
Yeah and while being spoiled may be more harmful in other parts of the story (I was spoiled on the twist for the end of part 1 way before it happened), this is really a case where it ultimately doesn't matter because it would have to require me not having read any Lovecraft stories as well.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
LOL Chilly XD

I knew about Abby a long time ago because I saw she was a servant on the wiki so I clicked on her and saw what one of her alternative nicknames was.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao Chilly
I have a friend that goes to Japan yearly and he says he always sees the FGO cab empty in the arcades. I don't understand why they put so much into it.
Yeah I went to Tokyo earlier this year and can confirm this was the case when I was there too.
I think Salem might end up being my favourite EoR chapter you know. One of the big problems FGO has is constantly shoehorning in random battles during the chapters just to give the players something to do - I've always found it really annoying and think it detracts from the story - but Salem is one of the few chapters that doesn't really have that issue. It being an almost pure VN experience helps the story flow so much smoother than some of the other chapters where you have to randomly fight a few mooks now and then just for the sake of clearing AP lol.

The story might shit the bed later on of course, but I'm really enjoying it so far.
Haven't started the new story yet (still on Agartha haha) but I agree with the point about random battles. It always felt so forced. But I feel like because FGO isn't the same kind of quality you get from a full VN, long periods of text can get boring. I think the writers need to think more about that when writing, and should consider factoring in more meaningful battles.
Alright I take back any mean thing I've ever said about Jeanne. Her damage is meh but she is clutch in servant fights with her NP.
Yeah! Join me Aly. I don't like her in Apocrypha but man she has carried me in this game. Just wish she would get an interlude for that garbage decrease NP damage skill.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Heeheehee!

"First of all... Is that Circe?"

"No, that's Hestia, goddess of the hearth."

"Wha... Wha... WHO'RE YOU CALLING A VIRGIN GODDESS!?"

I'm sorry, Circe, but it made Medea feel better.

Wait, ugh, they're
using the wrong pronunciation ("Sir-sea") of Circe's name? I mean, I know it's just written, but hell, having it pronounced "Keer-key" was something JP got right!

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono You will NEVER guess what my new side gacha is lol
Hmm, there are so many, haha. I need a hint, just a small one. Like recently-released or whatever, and I'll guess what it is!

As for the server, I guess that SSR pick ticket as a Christmas present login bonus was too much for it to handle and everything crashed. Surely that's the reason.