• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
Lotto node is garbage to farm, not going to both farming it.

As for SR ticket torn between Saberlot who I'd like as a decent Saber or else Zerkerlot for Skadi memes later.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lotto node is garbage to farm, not going to both farming it.

As for SR ticket torn between Saberlot who I'd like as a decent Saber or else Zerkerlot for Skadi memes later.
Both are excellent and are useful for very different reasons but I love them both even if they keep stalking me ._.

I use Saberlot a lot for arts teams and he is partly what got me through that fucking high defense crab CQ because he cuts through health like it's butter.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah thinking about it more I'll probably go Saberlot over Gawain since its a while before Gawain gets his buff.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Im going Gorgon or Parvarti. Either way, Im gonna get both this yr as Im assuming we'll grt another SR ticket in one of the DL campaigns.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
This lottery node is kind of a pain. Not sure I wanna bother instead of just getting hearts.

I was considering Gawain because he's next on my list of limited SR, but my friend was like "no just wait until his buff comes" XD I pick SR based on love not gameplay but she does have a point. XD
Yeah that was me. Thankfully I love them both so it works out in the end!

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm just farming the Saber one.

NP5 Tomoe, Ishtar, and support Jalter (because everyone seems to put the MLB CE on her).

Face-card the first wave for NP gain.
Pop all attack buffs and let Tomoe one-shot the Spriggan.
Buster buff (Via Mystic code "Anniversary Blonde") + 4attack buffs, NP2 Ishtar splatters the last wave.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a pretty consistent 3T setup for the lotto node, but it's a little whale heavy.

Arash w/ Imaginary Element CE (NP5 - first wave)
Saber Alter NP w/ Lotto CE (NP4 - second wave)
Raikou w/ Lotto CE(NP2 - third wave)
Waver/Support Waver (for buffing Raikou/Saber Alter)

+Extra Class in the backline for bonus drops

Sometimes I get garbage cards in the third wave which sometimes has me looking at a 4T (like all Waver/Saber Alter cards), but even with a single Raikou crit it's enough to take Jeanne out. It's a lot of tapping different skills, though.

Edit: Just noticed Jeanne Alter can appear. If that happens, it's a better chance of a 4T unless I get full Raikou crits. 4T still isn't bad though, and she's usually stunned (via the Plugsuit) so I just finish her off quickly afterwards.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Yeah, not having a Waver/Merlin of my own is... I thought it would be ok, but the lotto events continually prove to me what a foolish notion that was.

Won't make this mistake when Skadi comes around. And I dunno when the next Merlin banner is, but I need to make plans for that as well. As for Waver, bro, I'm open to being spooked any time.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Waver/Merlin really open up a lot of team possibilities. I settled on a re-rolled account with Waver + Gilgamesh way back at launch, so I've never been without a Waver of my own and can't say what it's like (I'm thankful for that). I can only imagine how frustrating it must be at times, especially during the lotto events such as this. But hey, the Saber node ain't bad either!

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not having a Waver/Merlin of my own is... I thought it would be ok, but the lotto events continually prove to me what a foolish notion that was.

Won't make this mistake when Skadi comes around. And I dunno when the next Merlin banner is, but I need to make plans for that as well. As for Waver, bro, I'm open to being spooked any time.
Make sure you get the next GSSR in caster group then xd

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I've gotten my team down to the point where I'm good no matter what cards I get unless it really fucks me over wave 2, but using the buffs at the right time is really helping.

Right now the only time my team takes more that 5 turns is if I accidentaly NP charge the wrong servant. XD

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah every event makes it clear how big a difference not having Waver makes in farming. Might roll for him when he's on rate up during the Sanzang event. but then again Skadi soon ._.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
In what conditions is it smart to use a ticket like this just for another NP level rather than trying to expand your pool of available servants?
The timing of this 4* ticket is especially nice for the people planning around using Skadi in the near future because Quick NP AoE servants like Berserker Lancelot, Parvati, Astolfo, Atalante, etc. become pretty valuable farming options going forward. Having them and even going from NP1 to 2 will noticeably improve their output when Skadi's Quick buffs get thrown into the mix. The past couple events have hammered home to me that even one NP bump improvement can make or break a 3 turn setup, and I'm a player that's mostly using servants at NP1. NP+ servants are a luxury (sometimes a curse, judging by my luck last year), but they do have considerable value for folks that want to improve their event farming.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Yeah every event makes it clear how big a difference not having Waver makes in farming. Might roll for him when he's on rate up during the Sanzang event. but then again Skadi soon ._.
This is why Waver has been ok my pull list since last Nerofest. I will see definitely pull for him on the Sanzang event. I'll budget an amount for him, leaving some room for Skadi afterwards. And just hope they both answer my call.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah every farming event not having my own waver is always noticeable. Spook me already you whiny bitch. atleast he'll be on rate up with saber deermud in 9 months.

The easiest comp I can think of for this node is mlb SoC arash, kscope with zerkalot/raikou and double waver. I was a bit shook when I heard Jeanne was gonna be in the line-up but thankfully they've gimped her health.

Personally I've been using this 3t NP only 5 ce comp that's been perfect for macroing/autoclicking so far.

Only problem is everyone one that team is at max bond, that's what they get for being such universal farmers.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I'm at chapter 6 of London. Haven't been too lucky with the pulls so far :p at the moment I am using Rider - Medusa, cause she has a cool sprite :p at lvl 53 with her as well as the Archer of Shinjuku as it's my only 5 star servant, he is at lvl 52. So far they have been doing pretty well for me, I'm just choosing random servants in the support list that are good against what I am going up against, there is quite a bit of mechanics going on so will just learn stuff as I go.

I do have 137 saint quartz though but I am holding out for Musashi to have a drop rate up then I'm going to see if I can get her.

One thing I don't know how to do that I've read about is limit break on the craft cards, apparantly you can increase the levels of the cards to make them more effective, I don't know if it's because I've already got the card up to 20/20, I read you need the same card to do it but when I try the duplicate card is blanked out and won't allow me to use it.

For CEs, theres 2 parts to their effectiveness. 1) They add stats to your character (ATK and HP) which increase with level. the effect is fairly significant, but not really something to worry about yet. 2) There is a passive effect. For example Kaleidoscope (a 5* CE) lets your character start with 80% NP charge, allowing them to use their first NP much faster.

Merging the same CE together is known as limit breaking. It increases the max level cap so Lvl 20 -> 40, and you can do this up to 4 times to reach a max level cap of 100 (also known as max limit breaking or MLB). The passive effect only gets upgraded when you MLB the CE and intermediate steps don't offer any improvement. In Kaleidoscope's case the 80% NP charge goes to 100%, letting you start a battle with an NP.

Since only MLB increases the passive, which is the most important part, most people recommend that you wait till you can MLB before merging them, since there are cases where you want to use multiple.

Not being allowed to merge them is because 5* CEs are locked by default, preventing you from accidentally merging & losing them. There's a lock icon you can click (multi-lock) on the side to unlock it.

I've been busy lately so haven't had much time to farm. But I did test and adapted a 3-turn comp that is really consistent, and can run 5 drop CEs. Needs fairly specific units though

Waver 1 10/10/10 Scholar CE
Caster Umu NP1 10/10/10 MLB Aerial Drive (I don't think Scholar gives enough dmg)
Arash NP5 x/x/10 MLB Scholar
Waver 2 10/10/10 Scholar CE
Penth NP2 10/10/10 MLB Scholar
Extra Class + Scholar

Wave 1: Waver 1 drops all buffs on Umu, and then tags out for Penth. Penth activates NP charge skill. Arash charges (50% from MLB Scholar, 20% Waver, 30% Self) and NPs (cleanly kills all 3 mobs), bringing in Waver 2.
Wave 2: Penth buffs the teams. Umu uses 2nd skill only. Umu NPs and kills Carmilla, leaving the Lancer with 17K to be cleaned up with face cards (pretty much any will do, especially Penth's)
Wave 3: Waver 2 drops all buffs on Umu. Umu self charges (50% Waver, 50% Umu). Umu attack buffs go on Penth. Trigger Plugsuit damage buff. Penth NP -> Umu NP -> Penth card (usually not needed). NP2 Penth cleanly kills Jeanne, and does around 190K to Jalter. Umu does 50K to all, which clears the side mobs and Jalter.

Nice thing about the run is that most of the buffs are still around for turn 4 and 5, so its missing the kill doesn't affect the run too much. Waver 1 can probably be swapped with a Merlin if Umu uses Kaleidoscope, and Hero creation goes on Umu. I don't have Merlin or Kaleidoscope to test though.

I have Penth, Waver, Umu with their CEs on my support if people wanna run this

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
Also agree. For Skadi, you need to have certain servants. Waver works with everyone.

I know everyone keeps saying this, but Skadi also works well with a lot of units. Skadi works best with Quick servants, yes, but she isn't useless without Quick servants.

If you have to prioritize between the two solely for gameplay reasons, Skadi should be far higher priority than Zhuge Liang. And that's not even taking into account her Limited status.

I'd be happy to make a Skadi primer if people are interested in that. Not really a full guide or a have-everything-you-need, but good enough introduction to Scathach Skadi/Quick Farming stuff.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
For CEs, theres 2 parts to their effectiveness. 1) They add stats to your character (ATK and HP) which increase with level. the effect is fairly significant, but not really something to worry about yet. 2) There is a passive effect. For example Kaleidoscope (a 5* CE) lets your character start with 80% NP charge, allowing them to use their first NP much faster.

Merging the same CE together is known as limit breaking. It increases the max level cap so Lvl 20 -> 40, and you can do this up to 4 times to reach a max level cap of 100 (also known as max limit breaking or MLB). The passive effect only gets upgraded when you MLB the CE and intermediate steps don't offer any improvement. In Kaleidoscope's case the 80% NP charge goes to 100%, letting you start a battle with an NP.

Since only MLB increases the passive, which is the most important part, most people recommend that you wait till you can MLB before merging them, since there are cases where you want to use multiple.

Not being allowed to merge them is because 5* CEs are locked by default, preventing you from accidentally merging & losing them. There's a lock icon you can click (multi-lock) on the side to unlock it.

I've been busy lately so haven't had much time to farm. But I did test and adapted a 3-turn comp that is really consistent, and can run 5 drop CEs. Needs fairly specific units though

Waver 1 10/10/10 Scholar CE
Caster Umu NP1 10/10/10 MLB Aerial Drive (I don't think Scholar gives enough dmg)
Arash NP5 x/x/10 MLB Scholar
Waver 2 10/10/10 Scholar CE
Penth NP2 10/10/10 MLB Scholar
Extra Class + Scholar

Wave 1: Waver 1 drops all buffs on Umu, and then tags out for Penth. Penth activates NP charge skill. Arash charges (50% from MLB Scholar, 20% Waver, 30% Self) and NPs (cleanly kills all 3 mobs), bringing in Waver 2.
Wave 2: Penth buffs the teams. Umu uses 2nd skill only. Umu NPs and kills Carmilla, leaving the Lancer with 17K to be cleaned up with face cards (pretty much any will do, especially Penth's)
Wave 3: Waver 2 drops all buffs on Umu. Umu self charges (50% Waver, 50% Umu). Umu attack buffs go on Penth. Trigger Plugsuit damage buff. Penth NP -> Umu NP -> Penth card (usually not needed). NP2 Penth cleanly kills Jeanne, and does around 190K to Jalter. Umu does 50K to all, which clears the side mobs and Jalter.

Nice thing about the run is that most of the buffs are still around for turn 4 and 5, so its missing the kill doesn't affect the run too much. Waver 1 can probably be swapped with a Merlin if Umu uses Kaleidoscope, and Hero creation goes on Umu. I don't have Merlin or Kaleidoscope to test though.

I have Penth, Waver, Umu with their CEs on my support if people wanna run this
I've tried the Arash, UMU with Kaleidoscope, Merlin, Waver and Penth comp and it does work. But you need 2 MLB SoC (one for Arash and one for Penth) for her to charge in time for the 3rd wave and you need to tinker with the order a bit because you want to pop Penth's charge on T1, but you also want to get both Arash and UMU a 20% charge.

You start with Frontline Arash UMU Merlin, pop Merlin's carisma, hero creation on UMU, plugsuit Penth in Merlin's place and pop her 2nd skill.
Arash suicides out and in comes Waver. Pop all the buffs (Penth's party buster buff goes really well with Nero's attack buffs), Nero NPs. Last wave Waver fills up UMU's gauge. Penth NPs, followed by Nero NP to get the overcharge.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
I actually tested with Penth using Dragons Merideon because I still don't have a 2nd MLB SoC... Need one more drop, which I have been waiting for the last 2 days!

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
I know everyone keeps saying this, but Skadi also works well with a lot of units. Skadi works best with Quick servants, yes, but she isn't useless without Quick servants.

If you have to prioritize between the two solely for gameplay reasons, Skadi should be far higher priority than Zhuge Liang. And that's not even taking into account her Limited status.

I'd be happy to make a Skadi primer if people are interested in that. Not really a full guide or a have-everything-you-need, but good enough introduction to Scathach Skadi/Quick Farming stuff.
Hey I would be interested in that. I don't play JP so all I know of Skadi is hearsay. I've seen the looping requirements charts and am familiar with refill mechanics because of SurferMo memes, but can't say I know much else.

I do understand Skadi has a place in non-quick teams if only for her 50% charge. But isn't Waver's Party 20% + 30% single charge more versatile than hers for farming purposes? Again, I've never played with her so I wouldn't know.

I'd appreciate if you can share some insight on her gameplay

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I've tried the Arash, UMU with Kaleidoscope, Merlin, Waver and Penth comp and it does work. But you need 2 MLB SoC (one for Arash and one for Penth) for her to charge in time for the 3rd wave and you need to tinker with the order a bit because you want to pop Penth's charge on T1, but you also want to get both Arash and UMU a 20% charge.

You start with Frontline Arash UMU Merlin, pop Merlin's carisma, hero creation on UMU, plugsuit Penth in Merlin's place and pop her 2nd skill.
Arash suicides out and in comes Waver. Pop all the buffs (Penth's party buster buff goes really well with Nero's attack buffs), Nero NPs. Last wave Waver fills up UMU's gauge. Penth NPs, followed by Nero NP to get the overcharge.
I actually tested with Penth using Dragons Merideon because I still don't have a 2nd MLB SoC... Need one more drop, which I have been waiting for the last 2 days!

Nice to see that it works. What you did with Merlin, is exactly what I did with the first Waver. Drop all buffs on Caster Umu and swap him (Merlin/Waver) out for Penth so she can use Skill 2.

I guess you can always use Sumo/ Holy night sign if 3-turn 3 drop CEs is efficient, but its probably not.

Since I got Lancelot to NP2 from Hokusai rolls. I'm debating between Assassin of the Nightless City (Quick support in case i don't get Skadi) and Doggo (since I still have no Avengers). Lancelot/Munenori/Nito are also options.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I would be interested in that. I don't play JP so all I know of Skadi is hearsay. I've seen the looping requirements charts and am familiar with refill mechanics because of SurferMo memes, but can't say I know much else.

I do understand Skadi has a place in non-quick teams if only for her 50% charge. But isn't Waver's Party 20% + 30% single charge more versatile than hers for farming purposes? Again, I've never played with her so I wouldn't know.

Because you usually run both of them lol and aside the addition of skadi there is some powerful arts servant, the np refùnd usually enough for these servant for clearing 2 wave with help of Skadi battery.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
In what conditions is it smart to use a ticket like this just for another NP level rather than trying to expand your pool of available servants?

If you wanna do Skadi memes with people like Zerkalot, NP2+ apparently greatly increases the kind of quests you can farm with them, since the refund usually relies on Overkill damage, so NP2 -> more NP damage -> more easy to Overkill -> works for more nodes.

Other than that, if the 4* you are planning to get with your ticket is also rate up on a 5* banner you want to roll, you might want to pick someone else instead. For example, I would like Parvati, but I'm also planning to roll on Karma banner where Parvati is the only 4* on rate up, so I'm going to wait for that instead

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Nice to see that it works. What you did with Merlin, is exactly what I did with the first Waver. Drop all buffs on Caster Umu and swap him (Merlin/Waver) out for Penth so she can use Skill 2.

I guess you can always use Sumo/ Holy night sign if 3-turn 3 drop CEs is efficient, but its probably not.

Since I got Lancelot to NP2 from Hokusai rolls. I'm debating between Assassin of the Nightless City (Quick support in case i don't get Skadi) and Doggo (since I still have no Avengers). Lancelot/Munenori/Nito are also options.
As soon as I get one more CE drop I am switching to this Penth/Caster Nero comp.

Right now I am running Arash, Gil with AD, CasterUmu, Double Merlin for my 3T clear. This has two problems though: there are not that many Merlin's with MLB CE in my FL (it's much easier to find Waver), and I'm forced to put Marsh on the 6th slot because of cost (and I'd much rather have Angra enjoying these bond points). The Nero/Penth team solves both issues.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Parvati really needs the NP upgrade btw, if you want to run the skadi system. Not for NP refund, but mostly because her damage isn't amazing.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
So who are the good servants to get with the free ticket we're getting? I'm seeing Parvati being mentioned around alot

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I'm using to farm. It's not 100% 3 turn but is decently reliable.

6b22pVp.jpg

For best results I need Raikou to have a Buster card crit on Wave 3.

As for my ticket. I might go Zerkalot NP2. Get ready for Skadi. I also might go Sheba NP2 or maybe Munenori for completion sake. More than likely Zerkalot though.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017

Yes, Skadi isn't as versatile as Zhuge Liang for non-quick farming. But 50% NP charge is still 50% charge. And 30% def debuff is still damage boost.

As an "extreme" example of what fertygo said, you can take an AoE NP servant with 50% charge like Ishtar, put an MLB Kaleidoscope, then just keep NP charging with double Waver + Skadi (double Skadi + Waver) on combat uniform. Of course, not many people have LB Kaleidoscope so there's that.

Zhuge Liang being able to partition his NP charges allows him to patch up holes on Quick and Arts farming teams. Another point for him is that his ATK buff lasts through waves while Skadi's debuff only lasts one wave (and is sometimes deflected).

Full 6 CE bonus farming setup is the goal right now in JP (at least for the hardcore players), and Zhuge Liang is sometimes part of those. But a lot of those setup can vary a lot in requirements and tend to be 4/5* that are Limited. Comparatively, Skadi Quick farming has easier requirements (hardest is probably at least one scope or a substitute, followed by Skadi herself) and 5 free CE slots will probably good enough for most people that want 3T farming.

I personally just stick with double Skadi farming whenever I can.

Yeah, I'll try to make a primer. It won't include too heavy stuff since that's a lot to discuss, but should cover the basics.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Liv: I put the mlb'd CE on my Merlin if it helps

Looking at you folks setups, I guess you're telling me this is where I lore Arash' NP charge, right?

Man, a 2nd mlb'd CE would really help. I don't want to use a lore on Mordred's NP charge only for this event since Artoria strengthening is coming this summer. Takes me 6-7 turns right now with Arash, Raikou, Mordred, Merlin and support Waver. If only I hadn't gotten 3 spook CEs in a row.
Caster Umu as an option instead? Oh, I'll try that!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I could use another AOE assassin aside from Summer Scathach but looking at lists Danzou kinda sucks. Asides from that I'm kinda doing rather well already.
Danzou is limited and has some utility but yeah she is a wet noodle especially at NP1. It's hard to reccomend any assassin on the list outside of Carmilla

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Liv: I put the mlb'd CE on my Merlin if it helps

Looking at you folks setups, I guess you're telling me this is where I lore Arash' NP charge, right?

Man, a 2nd mlb'd CE would really help. I don't want to use a lore on Mordred's NP charge only for this event since Artoria strengthening is coming this summer. Takes me 6-7 turns right now with Arash, Raikou, Mordred, Merlin and support Waver. If only I hadn't gotten 3 spook CEs in a row.
Caster Umu as an option instead? Oh, I'll try that!
It does help, thanks a lot!!!

And yes, loring Arashs' charge brings a lot of value here allowing him to NP turn 1 with the MLB CE and not loose a slot for Imaginary Element.

Try out Caster Umu, the 50 battery is great, but she might need NP2 to bring down the lancer hp low enough or maybe using her 3rd skill on herself is enough to get within facecard reach to clear the wave.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Danzou is limited and has some utility but yeah she is a wet noodle especially at NP1. It's hard to reccomend any assassin on the list outside of Carmilla
Yeah unfortunately she's ST and I already have her too. How is Sheba? ST caster could be useful but she seems abit on the lower end of lists too. I remember someone saying caster Shuten is coming soon and is rather good too

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unfortunately she's ST and I already have her too. How is Sheba? ST caster could be useful but she seems abit on the lower end of lists too. I remember someone saying caster Shuten is coming soon and is rather good too
Caster Shuten is still 9 months away, so Sheba wouldn't be a bad choice.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Np, though I was wondering if Merlin or waver would be better for it.
In all honesty, there will probably be more people benefiting from Waver.. I just happened upon this setup that requires double merlin. Feel free to switch out if you feel it's best for you in terms of FP.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Being able to consistently 3T the last node is such a god-send.

Too many Fake enemies keep cropping up though, even with the True CE equipped.

D:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I envy the people who have an easy choice with the ticket. Feels way too soon after the last one especially when my lineup hasn't really changed in the meantime, so the decision is just as annoying as before.
I know you have a hard time understanding people who prepare for Servants they don't have yet, but maybe it would help to consider the banners you're planning on rolling this year?
I have a pretty consistent 3T setup for the lotto node, but it's a little whale heavy.

Arash w/ Imaginary Element CE (NP5 - first wave)
Saber Alter NP w/ Lotto CE (NP4 - second wave)
Raikou w/ Lotto CE(NP2 - third wave)
Waver/Support Waver (for buffing Raikou/Saber Alter)

+Extra Class in the backline for bonus drops

Sometimes I get garbage cards in the third wave which sometimes has me looking at a 4T (like all Waver/Saber Alter cards), but even with a single Raikou crit it's enough to take Jeanne out. It's a lot of tapping different skills, though.

Edit: Just noticed Jeanne Alter can appear. If that happens, it's a better chance of a 4T unless I get full Raikou crits. 4T still isn't bad though, and she's usually stunned (via the Plugsuit) so I just finish her off quickly afterwards.
Adapted this team to the Servants I had available (NP5 Suzuka for Salter, support Zerkerlot for Raikou, and Merlin for support Waver). Pro: It worked. Con: I can now no longer claim to have never used Arash's NP. I'm sorry, Arash, I gave in to the farming efficiency ;_;.

Last edited: