• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just love slapping an NP charge/damage CE on Raikou, bringing my own Waver/Merlin (along with a friend Waver/Merlin), Arash for Wave 1, a Servant strong against the class for Wave 2, and then loading up the backline (and my Waver/Merlin) with event CE if applicable, and just powering through all of the event nodes. It's less to think about when it comes to team compositions, especially for nodes that have mixed enemies in the final wave. Raikou and Waver/Merlin (if not both of the, depending) basically never leave my party. I know having a type specifically strong against a type I'm facing to be better, but I haven't found an area where the 2x damage is needed for me over the 1.5x (outside of Challenge quests, but even then Raikou can be super helpful since you can fire off her NP before the bosses can even act usually bringing multiple of them to their break bars right away), since Raikou (at least fully grailed and at NP2) is usually enough to one shot everything, assuming the game doesn't load me up with nothing but Waver/Merlin cards.

Like for 3T'ing the current event Rider node, I bring:

Arash (with Imaginary Element)

- NP Gauge skill + ATK skill from Plugsuit and then one-shot first wave.

Summer Scathach (Holy Night Supper)
Raikou (Holy Night Supper)

- Use all three of my Waver's skills to bring Scathach up to 100% NP. Swap in friend Waver via plugsuit to give her and Raikou another Attack buff, and then do the same for Raikou. Use Scathach's third skill and then her NP, and then face cards to finish the wave.

- In the third wave I'm usually loaded with critical stars thanks to the previous round, use all of Raikou's skills, and then her NP. It clears everything aside from the main boss which has but a sliver left, and the criticals from her (or Scathach) finishes Mordred off.

Obviously it's easier if you have a Servant for the second wave that comes with their own NP Gauge skill, in which case I'll mix in Merlin to give Raikou an even bigger buff. But then, this setup requires double Waver/Merlin, which obviously not everyone are lucky enough to have, so it's not exactly a viable strategy for everyone.

Final Note: Raikou's laugh during her NP never gets tiring either.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
So it's not that Raikou herself is exceptional, it's that at NP2, grailed and max fou'd, with a lvl 100 full ATK CE, and double Waver support, she can hit... 150k per target? Though if that doesn't kill you're still at the mercy of card distribution the next turn to make the most of stars generated from her NP.

Use Mages Mystic code to reset your card rng... I farmed the last Da Vinci node with Raikou double Waver and most times it worked....

Also she's 18 months away from a really strong buff to her crit damage.... though Godjuna also looms.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Where do you live? Because most samsung phones have trash Mali GPUs outside of NA (And with the s20 korea) where they get the much better Adreno gpus.

And the Exynous chipset from the global s10 was also notoriously bad compared to the snap Dragon one NA S10s got iirc.

I want to upgrade my s8 but there's no phone I particularly want. If UK didn't get the inferior s20 I'd be tempted.

Since I'm currently in NA, if I do pick up an S10+ it'll be the Snapdragon 855 version.

I'm cautious about S20 and Snapdragon 865 tbh.

Better to wait this first gen out. Separating the SOC like this has historically proved... bad. That's why I'mma shoot for an S10+ instead of shiny new S20+.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Buster memes kind of die when Skadi releases. You can still do them of course, it's just Skadi is so much easier for the looping.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since I'm currently in NA, if I do pick up an S10+ it'll be the Snapdragon 855 version.

I'm cautious about S20 and Snapdragon 865 tbh.

Better to wait this first gen out. Separating the SOC like this has historically proved... bad. That's why I'mma shoot for an S10+ instead of shiny new S20+.

Yeah, the Exynos 990 also doesn't have a modem either so waiting to see how it pans out is definitely the wiser option .

I'd be real tempted to get a note 10 varient, Gorgeous device, even if I'd probably never use the pen. But I've heard too much naysay about the Exynos version.

Too bad raikou at a certain point turns into "bersekalot except cannot Skadi loop"

Or Altjuna but without the damage and np charge.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished with the shop. Probably will farm Mitama's for the rest of the event. Now I can slack off with natural AP.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why the grind in this event is so long. Would have made sense if they gave us just a chocolate node. I dunno if I can be bothered to finish this.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why the grind in this event is so long. Would have made sense if they gave us just a chocolate node. I dunno if I can be bothered to finish this.

imo this is by far the worst event I've played since starting this game almost exactly 2 years ago (the brynhild valentines banner was my first non tutorial roll, got Beowulf, who was instantly neglected forever since my tutorial roll was herc and my first SSR was zerktoki.)

I think I'm at like 25m now? And I've got plans the whole weekend so...

At least the CQ was interesting, I broke out Suzuka since I've recently realised that she's probably my favorite AOE saber. Which isn't saying much tbh.

Last edited:

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After so long, it's finally done, my fgo masterpiece (until we get command codes at least):
wsibpFq.jpg

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
LOL well good job for Caesar. XD People have been saying forever how he makes a decent support, and now they have even more reason to love him.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Rip okita and saber deermud.

It doesn't really matter because he's to ugly to use anyways.
Doesn't matter, Okita will still likely be my next grail/Fou target. I love her too much. I'm still debating though.

(If I manage to get Murasaki...)

Seriously, even if they incorporated an NP skip option I'd still watch hers, it's too beautiful.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Her being voiced by Ai Kayano is probably the only saving grace from the Raita art. It's fun since she voices Kanade in Chihayafuru who is also a character based around reading poems.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Her being voiced by Ai Kayano is probably the only saving grace from the Raita art. It's fun since she voices Kanade in Chihayafuru who is also a character based around reading poems.
But her higher ascension kimono is pretty great and not so Raita-tropey in comparison.

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
Fujinon, then the newcomers of Guda^3 and Valkyrie. Lots of time and events (or their reruns) between.

tfw tryin to be as f2p as possible this year :L

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Low rarity servants getting great upgrades is for one great for challenging content as the story arc gets more and more difficult and it's nice to have non-savings- destroying options available.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I like Ceasar and yay he's even more useful. On the other I haaaaaaate that design so much and still don't understand their reasoning for it.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Napoleon, Chiron, Achilles.... Too many handsome guys this year. Non limited at least.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So whats the next new Servant chase for everyone?

Hopefully it will be Summer Jeanne. I think rolling for Sei got the rolling itch out of me for now, so I should be able to withstand the remaining Semiramis banner and probably the KnK banner. After them, the only threats to my rolls will be Bryn/Valks and Skadi.

WAIT NAPOLEON IS SOON?!!

FUCK
Define "soon". He's on the LB2 part 1 (or LB2 pre-banner, if you prefer to call it that), which would be a June thing for us.