• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
These babylonia keychains are so cute.

zv03fi8h4og41.jpg

That mini Ishtar looks impossibly sassy.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They really made Siduri's fate a lot more painful in the anime adaptation. It hurts. ;_;

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The Caesar thing is kinda annoying to me, but it's a jealousy/logic thing. Like I'm jealous because Ushi exists, is mega-cute and big-time featured in current anime. Yet not even a peep on animation/strengthening for her.

The logic one is Medusa. She's actual divinity, but crazy underpowered. It boggles my mind just a touch because "divinity" is constantly talked up in FGO... Likewise Heaven's Feel movies and Fate/Extella game laid some amazing ground work for animation update ideas but she'll probably be left alone because her animations are "good enough."

So whats the next new Servant chase for everyone?

Majin Okita! Channeling the Majin energy for a while, (hence the avatar change, Mama Nobu is a whole GudaGuda away after all.) I'm hoping for at least NP3 or better. She'll have 5 grails waiting for her too. She'll be my definitive Mixed-Cavalry destroyer.

I love everything about her. Her design, that super cool NP, the animations, her voice lines, her backstory... everything.

I was gonna roll for Void Shiki, but that's totally gone out the window thanks to Semi and MHXA. I regret neither however. I dunno if Skadi will be before Majin-Okita or after though. And that could be troubling because I do need at least one Skadi for myself and I don't wanna dig too deep into the funds.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say Ceaser is the best, but definitely the best for one turn strats and F2P options.
imo this is by far the worst event I've played since starting this game almost exactly 2 years ago
Yeah I didn't want to say it but this is how I feel as well. All it needed was a chocolate node to make it ok. If gold fous weren't on the ladder I would be skipping it. Don't really care that much about Lores rn.
Asagami Fujino!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I think I mainly like it when Cleo is crushing on him (her line for him is adorable) and definitely less when she's falling for all his shit.

I'd much prefer it if she was 100% aware of all his schemes and even that he is a womanizer, but she was actually 100% cool with it because ultimately she knows she's his numbah 1 queen and she'd even scheme with him.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, based on a pic in the fgo reddit, we are getting knk rerun as soon as valentine ends? I really would not have minded some space to breathe.
...maybe i'll just skip finishing it, i don't need any more fous for kojiro, and my no2 choice for fous is not ready yet grailwise anyway to go back into this timesink.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When GBF gets a new male servant for Valentine's but chaldea boys hasn't had one for two years in a row.

For shame DW, for shame.

Acchiles/Chiron and then skadi are my 100% rolling plans so far.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I would have complained about having KnK immediately after VD, but getting the ladder and shop done early has helped a lot. I've bene able to casually farm mats and bond points and it has been nice. XD

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Cleo and Ceasar are strange to me because Cleo/Mark Antony was more of what I'm used to hearing about.

When GBF gets a new male servant for Valentine's but chaldea boys hasn't had one for two years in a row.

For shame DW, for shame.

Acchiles/Chiron and then skadi are my 100% rolling plans so far.

Its the biggest thing I don't get about DW. Why not expand your fanbase? People like attractive men too.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Its the biggest thing I don't get about DW. Why not expand your fanbase? People like attractive men too.
What's even stupider, is that when they do give us male fan service it's pretty lacking.

Going through all my dudes VD scenes, the ones that felt the most like they were even a little bit romantic were the young pretty boys like Jekyl. While that's fine as pretty boys are well pretty, plenty of people like dudes besides that type. XD

Not to mention we have shit like Kid Gil's VD scene =-=

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny too, because I'm pretty sure FGO has a bigger female to male ratio by quite a margin.

Looking up the latest figures FGO has 28% female players and GBF 18%.
Dzf2D7LVAAAUPvY.jpg

3JabMqU.jpg

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Having only a costume for Moriarty of all servants for CBC last year was nothing short of embarrassing. I'm under the assumption that it's because story banners tend to have more male focus that they give every special banner to female servants, but still.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
FGO: Give Female Master impractical and sexy costume.

Also FGO: Sorry your male servants almost never hit on you. Not even the super flirty ones.Only on Mash or other female servants.

Game pls stop hurting me. That Kid Gil VD scene was mocking in the worst way.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, not too sure TBH. MHXA was pretty costly, and after just how much Eresh and Hokusai ran me, I'm wondering just how much to put towards Ana at LB1 (as opposed to waiting until she's on rate-up next Valentines and go for her there, not to mention she might spook me anyway because she's permanent, though I know those chances are low). If I skip her, my next target is Holmes when he comes back in May before probably saving for Skadi (even though I will definitely be tempted by Bryn and Okita Alter, but I will probably have to skip them).

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I guess what I'm trying to ask is, how redundant does this actually make Okita, Musashi, Bride, Benienma, etc. for most scenarios?
Hmm, hard to say. Okita and Musashi might not be entirely viable in JP at the moment as ST Sabers anyway, but I think that's just because neither of them have ever had buffs, which is something they kind of need (and in Musashi's case I'd be shocked if she doesn't get one in the future given that she keeps showing up during the Lostbelts). Bride and Beni are weird cases, because they're offensive supports who can do a decent job as primary damage dealers, but most of the time their strongest role is using their skills to help someone else.

While Caesar is now much stronger than he used to be, and arguably one of the best ST Sabers thanks to this buff, keep in mind his gimmick is the same as Anne & Mary's, where he needs to have taken substantial damage in order to be the most effective. This is incredibly dangerous for two specific reasons:
  • Caesar has no defensive skills whatsoever
  • As a 3* Servant, without grails he caps out at level 70, and even with 3* Fous, his HP tops out at 10.5k
This makes using him in this fashion risky, because you have to build a team that allows him to get thoroughly damaged but not die in order to make the most of his NP buff, which is a lot of set up work that most of the other ST Sabers you mentioned do not need. You might be able to put out terrific damage if you succeed, but it's a play that might not be worth it given the level of difficulty of Lostbelt content, where I hear random crits abound that can just annihilate Servants (farming might be a different story, but why would you use a ST for farming anyway?). But Caesar's buff is nice for F2P and new players, who might not have that kind of firepower in the roster and could use someone with serious DPS to handle the latest content (especially because he's easy to max out his NP level), but does he destroy the tier lists of the ST Sabers entirely? I'm not convinced, and even if it did, DW's only one buff away from changing that ranking again.