• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Whose Line Is It Anyway is chock full of hilarious, fun games. Some involve constructing a scene around specific props, creating props to fit a scene, going along with a song, or using clever wordplay. Out of the dozens of these games the show is famous for, the one that always gets a laugh out of me is If You Know What I Mean.

The game is based around a certain everyday scene. The players must use phrases related to the scene in a way that sounds like a euphemism. The three who play this game each give their own unique flavor to the scene. Brad is quick to think and makes some of the wittiest, dirtiest remarks. Ryan says what most people would think of if they were to play this game. Then there's Colin, who is the absolute worst of the bunch. He's so terrible at this game that he makes some of the most legendary one-liners in game show history. "Let's not make a Fox special!" "I'll help you fluff your Garfield if you know what I mean."

What's your favorite game from a game show? What do you love about it?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Plinko from Price is Right. And the Yoodling dude too

Can't really explain why. Childhood nostalgia I suppose.

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The final moments of Let's Make a Deal while the credits were scrolling. Monty Hall would walk up to some random person in the audience and say, "Ma'am, I will give you 20 dollars for each bobby pin you have in your purse," or some other random proclamation.

Also when people won goats. Literal goats. .

Last edited:

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
+1 for Plinko and Yodel Dude

I remember a video game show too where the people would have to complete challenges like get 50 rings in Sonic and such.....everyone they chose for that show was so ass at the games...but I loved watching it.

OP
OP
Eblo

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I should have known there would be a lot of Plinko love here. It's almost like the go-to answer. Even I like it and don't understand why.

TideSwayer

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing beats the Press Your Luck spins board. It's addicting just to try and follow the squares changing before people yell, "STOP!" let alone what they actually land on / Whammy.

TideSwayer

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking a little outside the box here:

How about the syrup slide in Double Dare? I've seen more teams lose out the final round because they couldn't handle (read: climb) the syrup slide than probably any other obstacle.

OP
OP
Eblo

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
AGGRO CRAG

I saw one kid get nailed in the face with that dumb squirt gun on one of the rocks and it justified the existence of that while show for me.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love a lot of the Whose Line games, but Props definitely is one of the top ones.

That said, I'm a massive nerd, so the British quiz show Only Connect is right up my alley, and all of the games in it are fantastic. Also, Tom Scott was on there before he got famous!

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
This is definitely partially due to the players, but the Fruit Shop game in the Genius season 3 was utterly fantastic.

Just enough space for uncertainty and backstabbing, but not with some broken loophole that some of the others suffered from.