• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 14, 2018
I have 2 playlists on my Itunes one for relaxing videogame music and one for horror video game music, I'm lookin for some new ones while also wanting to hear others opinions on amazing horror game tracks, please post

Here are some of my favorites

all IMO masterpieces

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SH2 was too emotionally exhausting for me to fully play through (gave up around the coin puzzle LOL), but I've been addicted to Theme of Laura for months.

edit:

999's entire soundtrack is excellent, but this particular track is really disturbing.

Saya no Uta has one of the most grim atmospheres I've seen in a game.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This thread is quickly going to become Silent HIll: The Thread, but here's my pick

Alone in Town - Silent Hill 2

I listen to this song constantly. It's one of the few songs that stays on my "life soundtrack" playlist. I love it so much.

Crystal Teardrops - Symphony of the Night

This is another one I listen to all the time, and stays in rotation.

Honestly, you could take these two songs and extrapolate my whole taste in music from them. They're almost like proto-vaporwave, BGM that doesn't necessarily feel like traditional BGM. It's so atmospheric that I feel like it creates a place more than just a tune. It's basically the reason why I love stuff like Haircuts for Men.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yknow, I WANT to put I Need Love, or Your Rain, or Elle's Theme

But Now We're Free, despite being on the worst entry, is one of the best songs in the series, if not THE best. Love Psalm, in the same game, is also a HUGE banger.

The Shatmemz vocal osts are all super good and atmospheric, best part of the game

OP
OP
AlexinChains87
Sep 14, 2018
This thread is quickly going to become Silent HIll: The Thread, but here's my pick

Alone in Town - Silent Hill 2

I listen to this song constantly. It's one of the few songs that stays on my "life soundtrack" playlist. I love it so much.

Crystal Teardrops - Symphony of the Night

This is another one I listen to all the time, and stays in rotation.

Honestly, you could take these two songs and extrapolate my whole taste in music from them. They're almost like proto-vaporwave, BGM that doesn't necessarily feel like traditional BGM. It's so atmospheric that I feel like it creates a place more than just a tune. It's basically the reason why I love stuff like Haircuts for Men.

I love the 3:10 mark on Crystal Teardrops, SOTN had an amazing OST, I platinumed the game when it came out in October and it just made the Halloween month for me extra special, love this track too

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Silent Hill the thread?

I love the Theme of Laura in SH2 but my favorite is probably the Safe Room music in REmake.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Say whatever you want about The Evil Within but

Clair De Lune is a classic that will always resonate with me

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love Silent Hill OSTs, I would be lying if I don't say this one

It just reached me in a deeper level.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I feel like SH1's gone somewhat neglected here:

It might also be partially because it's so recent and sticks in my mind, but Devotion's credits theme is so good:

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Best save room music is Clair de Lune in Evil Within. Such a brilliant piece of music and very well used in the game.
Lately i love they original OST of RE2 but the quietness of the new soundtrack works really well.
I saw the theme of RE7 got mentioned as well but i disagree with that. That song tries to hard to be creepy imo and is kinda cheesy instead of scary. Maybe thats its purpose tho.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fatal Frame 2 Chou by Amano Tsukiko for me

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018

One time when I was studying for a test I listened to the 1 hour loop of this song three times straight
Best SH track in my opinion

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Mick Gordon did a great job with Prey's soundtrack. Besides the opening theme there's also some great atmospheric music too. My favourite is a toss up between these 2.