• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite James Cameron film?

• The Terminator

Votes: 46 14.0%
  • Aliens

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • The Abyss

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Votes: 127 38.6%
  • True Lies

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Titanic

Votes: 23 7.0%

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This is a hard one to answer, but my favorite James Cameron film is probably Aliens. Not only is it one of the greatest sequels of all time, but it's a completely different genre than Alien, yet Cameron somehow made it work while blowing away expectations. The final battle between the Alien Queen and Ripley is about the most intense and satisfying ending of an action film.

What's your favorite Cameron film? If anything besides the poll choices, please specify.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Terminator 2 is the best action movie ever made and is yet to be surpassed (if ever)... So that.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Terminator 2: Judgment Day just for the colors. The pale blues, the roaring oranges. There are few films since, let alone action films, that such a great understand of color contrast in action and color submersion in drama.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Terminator 2 easily

SoulfulComfortableBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Aliens probably. I do have a fondness for Piranha II though. It came on USA Up All Night shen I was a kid and I loved the shit out of it. T2 and Aliens are probably the only two others that gave me the same kiddie like exhilaration when I first saw them.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
True Lies has aged pretty poorly (I still love it but man...) so T2 because it's an action masterpiece.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
It's between T2 and Aliens for me, and Aliens wins simply because I love the franchise more.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love Titanic even if the love story is a bit schmaltzy. As a Titanic buff, he really nailed it out of the park.

Then again, I've really enjoyed all of his movies up until Avatar, which I absolutely hate.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Aliens, Terminator 2 & Titanic are all so good, but Titanic for me, the white star fan edit is incredible & i wish it was released officially, Cameron's directors cuts are always better than the original by a mile.

Oct 27, 2017
Hard choice but I think T2 is a near perfect movie.

But so is Aliens. And so is Terminator.

The Abyss is a flawed masterpiece.

True Lies is fun but dated.

Titanic has never been my thing because of the story but the filmmaking is superb.

I didn't like Avatar.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
It's Aliens. One of the best blockbusters ever made. T2 is close on its heels.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Titanic.

I was obsessed with Titanic as a kid. I was only 6 when it came out. I remember being so excited when it came out on VHS and I begged my dad to rent it from the local Blockbuster. I still remember walking down to the store with him and running in to find it on the shelf. We rented it out so many times that my dad just gave up and bought it. When it came out on DVD I got it again and I bought it again when the Blu Ray version came out.

The story wasn't really my interest (nor Kate Winslet's boobs). I had a fascination with boats/ships and of course Titanic was my favourite. I just wanted to see the ship. I would draw the ship and even convinced my dad to buy me a model to build. There was a foam/puzzle model, there was a cardboard model, and a proper plastic model kit. Even to this day I will still find myself looking at models people have built. I had books based on the movie of how it was made and I really wanted to go see the one they built for filming.

I was made fun of in school for buying a Leonardo DiCaprio book at a book fair we had. People called me gay for liking a male actor. I guess it was probably a book that tended to be read by young girls who had a crush on him but I was obsessed anyway.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love The Terminator, Aliens, T2 and The Abyss. The rest are good movies.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I cant vote because I havent watched True Lies and The Abyss. Maybe they will come out on Bluray this decade.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I love all of the films in the poll, he's made some of the best action movies of all time, but in all honesty my favorite Cameron film is Titanic. I've always had a thing for boat / naval films. Titanic's impeccable recreation of the ship is mesmerizing to me in a historical sense, and I absolutely love the well done disaster theme of the last half.

He is an extremely talented film maker, but Titanic was something very different for him, you can tell it was a labor of love for him to make it.

Yep, Titanic is my favorite.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was tempting to post this picture as my answer

lIRyUnS.jpg

But it's T2.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Terminator because it doesn't have some of the sappiness that Aliens and Terminator 2 has.

Oct 31, 2017
The Terminator. It's more intense than its sequel, I prefer its stronger lean towards horror than Judgement Day, and I like Arnold as the villain. T2 is a close second and almost interchangeable with the original in terms of quality.

I also happen to really like Avatar and despite its enormous (deserved) popularity, I think the hate it gets is way overblown.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Terminator

excellent movie and a straight up masterclass of how to make that type of film on a low budget