• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite James Cameron film?

• The Terminator

Votes: 46 14.0%
  • Aliens

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • The Abyss

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Votes: 127 38.6%
  • True Lies

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Titanic

Votes: 23 7.0%

Votes: 16 4.9%

• Total voters

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I love T1, T2 is great but for some reason it's never been a favorite of mine. Aliens would have to be my second I think, followed by Titanic or Avatar. It's really hard to say because all his films except true lies and abyss are 10/10 in my book.

I think Titanic may be his best film however, the fact he went from T2 to a romantic periodic love story and was able to do so much with that shows what a fantastic film maker he is and just how capable he is in every aspect of the process.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
T1 is the best and truly something special.

Aliens and T2 are top tier action flicks.

The rest are mostly really good.

And Avatar is bad.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
True Lies > Aliens = T2 = Titanic > the rest

Haven't seen True Lies in ages though, so not sure it'd retain the spot after a rewatch

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Terminator 2, although there's a special place in my heart for True Lies.

Aliens is an action movie but it scares me anyway as anything with Xenomorphs so that's a no from me.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Not a single bad flick in that list, great track record.

T2 for me, very difficult choice between it and Aliens.

True Lies is definitely the neglected gem of the list though, perfect action comedy.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to go with T2 this time. It's a movie that is closer to my heart and a better crafted action film. So many icon scenes the last stretch of the film is perfection.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's T2 for me.
T2 or Aliens.
But The Abyss is damn good.
Probably T2 though.

Yeah, T2.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Aliens is the best thing he ever made. Theatrical cut is a perfect film.

It is also my favourite film of all time.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most people are going to vote for Terminator 2 (it's already about 30 votes ahead), and that's perfectly fine. I love Terminator 2; it's an excellent movie and easily my number two pick on the list.

But it's Aliens.

I'll let Roger Ebert explain why, as I always found his review of the film, especially the opening paragraph, really had it's finger on the pulse of the movie and why I love it, even though it left him feeling "drained" and "filled . . . with feelings of unease and disquiet and anxiety";
The movie is so intense that it creates a problem for me as a reviewer: Do I praise its craftsmanship, or do I tell you it left me feeling wrung out and unhappy? It has been a week since I saw it, so the emotions have faded a little, leaving with me an appreciation of the movie's technical qualities. But when I walked out of the theater, there were knots in my stomach from the film's roller-coaster ride of violence. This is not the kind of movie where it means anything to say you "enjoyed" it.

It is a movie that, in his words; "maintains such a pitch of intensity for so long; it's like being on some kind of hair-raising carnival ride that never stops." In my opinion, the difference between Terminator 2 and Aliens is a matter of pacing. While it feels like Aliens takes longer to ramp up (which isn't a complaint, it creates a huge amount of tension), once it does it never really stops. Both films move quickly, but where Termiantor 2 has a few beats between action sequences, Aliens really doesn't, not once it gets roaring. Terminator 2 has lulls. Aliens has desperate gasps for air.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Aliens for me.
I've never seen Titanic and never plan to.
Titanic's actually a great movie, if you can get past the decades old hivemind-ish meme that it's supposedly not.

It's a very well crafted, well researched, well acted, well put together movie, like all of Cameron's projects, I mean he actually went to the actual Titanic wreck and shot inside of it, there's a lot to admire about the flick even if you're not into the sappy love story part of it.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
All of them except True Lies are exceptionally great movies. True Lies is a very good movie. I love every single one of them, and it's hard to choose one above the other because they're all so fantastic.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator 1 easily

I can only hope Cyberpunk 2077 is able to deliver a much needed fix of TECH NOIR