• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Stop_Kony_2012_poster.png

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
this thread is horrible but i love the galaxy/expanding brain meme and this is the pinnacle of them

7a3.jpg_large

javadoze

Oct 25, 2017
J6HDGbU.jpg

This is probably my favorite this year.

Some of the best memes are versatile and applicable to a variety of contexts (like the expanding brain) instead of being just one tired joke.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
tumblr_lzjrsoo61q1r50h4io1_400.png

The OG photo uses horrid homophobic language but I cant not smile or laugh when I see this fucking face. This is the funniest dog picture Ive ever seen.

just imagine this dog with a norm macdonald voice going "ehhhhhhhh fuck you guy" everytime you come home after work or school

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe that is "Pickle Rick". Not sure because I will never watch the show because their fans are embarrassing. The fact I know that despite not watching the show is testament to how thier fans are unbearable.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend tells everyone that I absolutely hate memes except for one...

...which would be loss, which always cracks me up.

Holy shit, this is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I thought the OP was ironic at first, because I've seen all of those in comedycemetary. Sorry OP.

Incredible

Ok this is hilarious first time seeing it. What was in the OP?
I legitimately don't understand the appeal of this meme.

Is it the non sequitur nature of the punchline? Or is it a Simpsons injoke? Because if it's the former, I guess I understand, and if it's the latter then of course I don't get it. I don't find the Simpsons humorous.