• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
You can only pick one Ride from any of the Disney Themed Amusement Parks. I know this is going to be a tough choice for many or maybe not so tough :p so what Ride would you choose? I'll post mine in just a bit.

Please list the Disney Park you chose for the Ride. also if you would like to add the reason you chose that version compared to the same Ride at a different Park please do if applicable.

- Star Tours and any of those type of attractions, - feel free to use all those choices also.

Edit mods can you move this thread please, my bad I screwed up sorry bout that everyone!

Edit 2 Thank you very much Mods!

Last edited:

RogersBase

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Radiator Springs Racers.

I don't even really like the Cars franchise but everything about RSR is 10/10. Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin' and Soarin' are all awesome too (and they're all in California Adventure!)

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon
tumblr_nq29re2cTs1toqhm3o2_400.gif

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Drinking Around the World at Epcot.

In general, I don't think I've particularly enjoyed any ride at any Disney park, and I've been to almost all their parks except California Adventure.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Fuck there's so many to choose, if I had a gun to my head I guess I'd pick grizzly rapids in disney california adventures. It's not as extravagant as 90% of the other attractions but I love it.

Lots of good memories on that ride.

Last edited:

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Space Mountain forever the king. Unfortunately, every time I end up getting to go to Disneyland they've switched over to Halloween stuff so it's been way too long since I've gotten to ride real Space Mountain. :(

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been there since I was a kid, so some of these don't exist anymore, but these are the ones I remember the most.

No 1: Alien encounter. Scared the crap out of me.

No 2: The timekeeper. The circle vision was amazing and the guide animatronic was just on another level. Left me with tears in my eyes.

No 3: probably pirates or something

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I really wish I had the chance to go on this Ride, I hear people mention it all the time.
The ride scared the shit out of me as a kid but in the best way. I remember many kids coming off this ride being held by mommy and daddy with tears running down their eyes, screaming in horror. Disney really did mess up putting it in Magic Kingdom.

My pick for one best ride has to be Pirates in Disneyland. It just screams Disney. It's weird to say because I don't think Pirates in Disneyworld is even top 5 in that park.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
FUCK YOU!

Haunted Mansion is the best ride ever, imo.

OP
OP
Creation_Scapes
Oct 25, 2017
The ride scared the shit out of me as a kid but in the best way. I remember many kids coming off this ride being held by mommy and daddy with tears running down their eyes, screaming in horror. Disney really did mess up putting it in Magic Kingdom.

My pick for one best ride has to be Pirates in Disneyland. It just screams Disney. It's weird to say because I don't think Pirates in Disneyworld is even top 5 in that park.
it sounds amazing.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
MGM Studios' The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

The set dressing is impeccable, all the way from about 1hr queue length. The pre-show is fun, and the on-ride build up is perfect, with Rod Serling's narration really selling the Twilight Zone vibe.

Then the money shot, a series of randomised accelerated drops, is 100% guaranteed to get your heart racing.

It's the perfect themed ride.

TOWEROFTERROR_Bricker.jpg

Greatest theme park attraction in the world imo.

giphy.gif

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The Mars Needs Moms ride.

It's not a ride per se, it's the name given to the teenage drug addict who robs you in the parking lot.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Radiator Springs Racers.

I don't even really like the Cars franchise but everything about RSR is 10/10. Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Grizzly River Run, California Screamin' and Soarin' are all awesome too (and they're all in California Adventure!)

Yeah this was a surprise for me, too. I went before I had kids and thought Cars was pretty lame, but man that ride is amazing. So is the whole area it's set in. Just amazing. Desperate to go back now my kid is super into Cars, he would lose his fucking shit.

Also the Nightmare Before Christmas ride is pretty amazing, the staging area had kids in tears - it's fucking terrifying XD

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
A tough one, 'cause there's a lot I'm passionate about, but I think ultimately I'd have to go for Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Pirates was always my favorite when I was a kid so I'll go with that. Recently I thought that the Harry Potter stuff at Universal was cooler than anything in Disneyland though.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I do Soarin' pretty much every time I go to California Adventure. It's just really peaceful, like an injection of dopamine.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
haunted-mansion-00.jpg

I've only been to the Florida parks when I was a kid, but the Haunted Mansion was by far my favorite. We went to Disney World multiple times when I was kid and I always made our family go on the Haunted Mansion ride first.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Haunted Mansion. I absolutely adore the atmosphere and all the effects. It's incredibly charming and still holds up to this day.

I would have maybe put Indiana Jones as my favorite half a decade ago but a few years back they increased the bumpiness of the vehicles when updating the ride and it honestly hurts my back if I'm not sitting in the front row.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
The one my family and I tried to get on everytime we could was Toy Story Midway Mania. My 2 year old could even ride it with us which made it even more fun. Probably the best memory of the trip.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Space Mountain in California.

I love a lot of rides, and I haven't been to California for a few years now but it was so good the last time I went on it. The music and smoothness of the ride combined with the awesomeness of Space Mountain is wonderful.

The Orlando one was so jerky depending on which cart you got on. The California one was so smooth when I went on it.

The Tokyo version is pretty good but not the epic music of the California one.

I want to try the other versions too, especially Paris, that thing goes outside the building and has a loop.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
Hmmm...maybe Indiana jones. It is either that or pirates, the California one of course.

I am just going to go with Indiana Jones.
There really isn't a favorite though, as I find them all to be just ok.

JAlpsWanderer

Oct 27, 2017
I vote for Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo Disney Sea (inside the volcano).

The ride itself is probably one of the shortest thrill rides at the Disney parks (outside of say Tower of Terror). But the atmosphere leading up to and during the ride fills you with a sense of wonder and mystery, but unsettling dread at the same time. It's an amazing ride.

239.jpg~original

OP
OP
Creation_Scapes
Oct 25, 2017
I vote for Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo Disney Sea (inside the volcano).

The ride itself is probably one of the shortest thrill rides at the Disney parks (outside of say Tower of Terror). But the atmosphere leading up to and during the ride fills you with a sense of wonder and mystery, but unsettling dread at the same time. It's an amazing ride.

239.jpg~original
I would love to go on this!

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful

239.jpg~original
This is a lot of fun. I do think Expedition Everest has it beat in terms of atmosphere and ride though.

My favorite all time ride has to be Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom. Avatar may not be a sexy sell to most of us, but that ride is absolutely incredible. I waited over 2 hours in line for it and honestly thought that was too short. The ride is so good we waited 2+ hours again later that day just so my mom could get to ride it. I've never done that with any other ride.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
It has to be the Big Thunder Mountain ride in Disneyland. It was near the end of the day and the family was walking around just looking at things. We come across the Big Thunder Mountain entrance and realize that there is no one in line. So we hop on right away, the operator waits a minute to see if anyone else is going to come in and nobody does so he sends us on our way. We come out of the ride and lo and behold there is still no one in line. We rush back and get in the next train and the ride repeats. And again when we get off there is no one in line! This happens again and again. We must have rode the ride something like 15 different times before moving on! Each time we got different seats; at the front, in the middle, at the back, all spread out, or sitting together. One of my best memories from that trip.

Oct 27, 2017
Soarin used to be my favorite until we did Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom this past October. Not really a surprise considering that it's Soarin on steroids! There was so much work and detail put into the ride, it doesn't even matter if you like Avatar or not. I even felt my Banshee "breathing."

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I've always had a soft spot for Splash Mountain. Love the theming and log flumes are great fun. It's quite a long ride too.

This is with the caveat that I haven't been to a Disney park since the early 2000s.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Tower of Terror is unassailable- theming, atmosphere, ride experience, the lot. Best all-round theme park ride on the planet.

If they try and re-skin the Florida one for Guardians of the Galaxy, we riot.

Reick17

Oct 25, 2017
Existing ride: Radiator Springs Racers (DCA)
Removed ride: Horizons (Epcot)

Honorable mentions: Alien Encounter, TTA Peoplemover, Countdown to Extinction (yes, there is a difference)

megashock5

Oct 27, 2017
Powell, Ohio
I haven't been there since I was a kid, so some of these don't exist anymore, but these are the ones I remember the most.

No 1: Alien encounter. Scared the crap out of me.

No 2: The timekeeper. The circle vision was amazing and the guide animatronic was just on another level. Left me with tears in my eyes.

No 3: probably pirates or something

I went on Alien Encounter on my honeymoon and it really surprised me. When you could hear the alien tearing into people and you felt the blood (warm water) drop onto you I got this huge grin on my face, i couldn't believe they were doing this on a Disney attraction. I kind of get why it didn't last, but it was amazing.

These days it's hard to choose between Rock'n'Rollercoaster , Soarin', Everest or Mission Space.

Probably Rock'n'Rollercoaster for that takeoff (although Star Tours is awesome now that it's not always the same).

Nov 8, 2017
I really liked Mission: Space (Orange Team version), so I'll go with that.

I've only been to WDW so far though, but I'm going to DLP in March.

Last edited: