• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TOWEROFTERROR_Bricker.jpg

Greatest theme park attraction in the world imo.

YES YES YES...

I visited magic kingdom and Hollywood studios for the first time last year and this is definitely the best ride in both parks.

a close second is Haunted Mansion from Magic Kingdom, I completely love that one.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
The Tron ride looks sick, I'm thrilled Orlando is getting it. Tron still lives!

I vote Kilimanjaro Safari, but that's because I'm an animal person.

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about Mr. Toad. That has to be my favorite. It's a tradition of mine that the first thing I always do when I go to Disneyland is to ride Mr. Toad. Then, I can pretend that I really did die and go to hell and the rest of my day at Disneyland is literally a day in hell.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios in Disney World

(my very close runner-up is Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure, 3rd place goes to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom, and 4th is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland - haven't ridden BTMRR since they did the updates to the Magic Kingdom one so can't compare)

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Haunted Mansion.
article-2212651-15574C05000005DC-836_634x476-e1349351897645.jpg

The wait time is fairly low outside of the Fall/Winter season when they do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, I like the atmosphere, and I like the detail put into it. Also it has some of the best theme park merch.

Thrill-wise it'd probably be Expedition Everest. It's fun as a rollercoaster and that yeti animatronic looks cool as hell. If only it worked most of the time. I have that problem for a lot of the rides that tried to go too far but couldn't maintain themselves, like Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland. It's a cool off-road journey that's high speed and turbulent, going over rough and rugged terrain, and then suddenly you are turning sharply, and dropping suddenly, but it rarely ever operates at 100%.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Haunted Mansion (MK or DLR), and Pirates of the Caribbean (DLR) are tempting choices, but...

I gotta go with Hollywood Studios' Tower of Terror as well.

The theming is world class, and the thrills are satisfying.

I wish I could wander the dusty lobby for a few hours.

(My runner-up is MK's Splash Mountain. It's SO LONG and I love the 3 acts. Always left feeling like everything is satisfactual. If all of the animatronics were working in A-mode on each ride, it may be my #1. But it needs repair so often that it breaks my heart)

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
many-adventures-of-winnie-the-pooh.jpg

Probably the most underappreciated modern ride. Based on one of the best classic movies, great pace, LOVE the dream sequence. I adored Mr Toad's but this is a worthy replacement.

Honorable mentions to

Tower of Tower
(still the best theme/line ever, and the way the ride displays from a distance is the best of any theme park ride ever made)

The Great Movie Ride (when I was a kid it actually got me to watch all of the movies covered in it. Plus just a classic fun cool-off. Glad I got to go one last time this year)

Splash Mountain (great length and storytelling, plus legitimately still exciting)

Obviously all WDW here.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I love u guys theme park ERA is the best.

Radiator Springs Racers and Indiana Jones Adventures : Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

And yes my avatar is from Trader Sam's lol

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
That's a tough one but I'd have to go with my heart and say Pirates of the Caribbean. It was the first ride I've ever gone on and I still love it to this day.

Other favourites: Haunted Mansion, Splashdown, Tower of Terror

bob smith

Nov 1, 2017
Its a small world.

I say this because i was in tears laughing so hard at it. Its so creepy and so politically incorrect i just could not help myself. People must have thought i was on drugs or something because around every corner i burst into laughter.

Oct 25, 2017
Haunted Mansion, so much so that it's my desktop wallpaper. Indiana Jones Adventure is a close second.

It's still there, but it's just been reworked to some dumb Lilo & Stitch thing that doesn't give kids PTSD anymore.

Actually, I heard they quietly closed the Stitch version permanently and replaced it with a meet-and-greet.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Haunted Mansion. The queue, the pre-show, the ride itself, and it's one of the few rides that have fan theories about the story. My favorite theme park ride ever is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which models itself after Haunted Mansion.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
wait, the others ones don't do that part??

what do they do? just drop you from the beginning?

Yup! I've been on the DL one (before it became Guardian), and the Tokyo Disney Sea one, and they both just go up and stop and different floors and then drop you. Nothing like what happens at the WDW version...

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I LOVE disney, have had the pleasure of being to both WDW and WDL multiple times.

That said, it's hard to choose a favourite:

Disney World
Tower of Terror
Expedition Everest
Pirates of the Caribbean

Disneyland
Splash Mountain
Radiator Springs Racers
Indiana Jones

There's so many to choose from, past and present.
The old Fantastic Voyage ride was amazing (at WDW in the 90s), so was the honey I shrunk the kids play park thing.

Tiki room is always fun (DOLE WHIP!), and the Carousel of Progress is delightfully creepy (WDW).

I will say, the Halloween Time redux of Haunted Mansion at WDL is AMAZING. and was everything I'd ever hoped it'd be. Got to experience it for the first time this past Halloween.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup! I've been on the DL one (before it became Guardian), and the Tokyo Disney Sea one, and they both just go up and stop and different floors and then drop you. Nothing like what happens at the WDW version...

oh, that's kind of lame, the build up of that ride is one my favorite parts of those parks, without it it isn't much better than a normal ride with some decoration on it.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
many-adventures-of-winnie-the-pooh.jpg

Probably the most underappreciated modern ride. Based on one of the best classic movies, great pace, LOVE the dream sequence. I adored Mr Toad's but this is a worthy replacement.
This replaced Mr. Toad's at WDW? I haven't been in decades so I wouldn't know.

But I love this ride at DL. It gets so little traffic it's kind of sad, but it's really cute and I like all the projection effects.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, I heard they quietly closed the Stitch version permanently and replaced it with a meet-and-greet.

Stitch's Great Escape is now closed permanently. They have done meet and greets there. But there will be a new attraction eventually. The rumors I've heard are something based on Wreck it Ralph. But that's rumors...I dunno...

Last edited:

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to choose just one. If I had to choose, Space Mountain would likely be the one. However these others are tied:

(all WDW)
Tower of Terror - Overall best Themed ride
Splash Mountain - Still listen to the music while at work, would be #1 if didn't require so much refurbishment.
Flight of Passage - I'm not a huge fan of Avatar, but this ride is really amazing and worth waiting for. (maybe not 3+ hours obviously)
Expedition Everest - Great Coaster, if Disco Yeti gets its movement back could be better
PeopleMover - Fitting 5 adults into one car was the best/worst time on the ride.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to choose just one. If I had to choose, Space Mountain would likely be the one. However these others are tied:

(all WDW)
Tower of Terror - Overall best Themed ride
Splash Mountain - Still listen to the music while at work, would be #1 if didn't require so much refurbishment.
Flight of Passage - I'm not a huge fan of Avatar, but this ride is really amazing and worth waiting for. (maybe not 3+ hours obviously)
Expedition Everest - Great Coaster, if Disco Yeti gets its movement back could be better
PeopleMover - Fitting 5 adults into one car was the best/worst time on the ride.

I went on Flight of Passage back in Oct and I loved it, and I am not a big fan of Avatar either. People ask me what kind of ride it is, and the only analogy I can come up with is that its Soarin, but on crack! Seriously folks, if you find yourself at WDW make certain you get on this ride.

rbanke

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
20000 Leagues Under the Sea at The Magic Kingdom

Definitely. This is the ride that pops in my head when I think back to going to the Magic Kingdom as a little kid, the fact that it's gone forever always makes me a little sad any time I go

Haunted Mansion is probably next up, or Jungle Cruise...hrm Pirates is amazing but then so is Big Thunder Mountain, man it's like picking a favorite child.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is the real runner up.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Haunted Mansion (Disney World in Florida) I first went on it when I was 9 and I was scared shitless the whole time waiting on line and in the elevator thats like the room stretching. When the ride was over I wanted to go on again immediately (I was still scared shitless lmao)

I also gotta give a shout out to the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I was an angsty 16 year old and my Dad was determined to ride every ride in the park which I was 100% down with, until we get to this one. "I'm not going on this it's a damn kids ride!" I says. "Come on it looks cool" he says and damn was he right. The "lame kids ride" ends up being a shooting gallery and we ended up going on it 3 times in a row trying to beat each other's scores. Each time he made fun of me by going "It's a damn kids ride!"

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
The Hollywood Tower of Terror at Disneyland California. I've been at Disneyland during slow times and would just ride that ride over and over again. It's even better when the people working the ride actually play the part of the hotel employees. Sometimes creepy, sometimes hilarious, but always adding to the experience.

I'm still grieving over the loss of that ride.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
For Florida it's between Tower of Terror and the Haunted Mansion. Theming and effects are incredible.

Paris however actually has the best Space Mountain - it's been redone more recently and has more inversions and a better sense of speed, plus the theming on the Jules Verne moon-cannon is inspired.
I mean, look at this thing:
IMG_8325-1024x683.jpg

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stitch's Great Escape is now closed permanently. They have done meet and greets there. But there will be a new attraction eventually. The rumors I've heard are something based on Wreck it Ralph. But that's rumors...I dunno...

Not quite dead just yet. There's been more rumors that it could still open again for another Seasonal run....

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Alice in Wonderland in Disneyland is my #1, and the enhancements they made on it back in 2013 only solidify that.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
For Florida it's between Tower of Terror and the Haunted Mansion. Theming and effects are incredible.

Paris however actually has the best Space Mountain - it's been redone more recently and has more inversions and a better sense of speed, plus the theming on the Jules Verne moon-cannon is inspired.
I mean, look at this thing:
IMG_8325-1024x683.jpg

Thanks a lot. Now I need to go back into mourning over the long lost and forgotten 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Submarine Voyage at Magic Kingdom. :(

aet291053LARGE.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The Haunted Mansion at WDW has always been very special for me and I always ride it two or three times throughout the day when we're there. The Ghost Host puts a smile on my face. I'd love to get the chance to ride the original some day.

And yeah that Alien Encounter ride was amazing, I'm really glad my mom dragged my sorry crying ass on to it when I was little, it was a great experience.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Expedition Everest in Orlando Animal Kingdom. The climb up the mountain is my favorite part. You get an awesome view of the park. And going backwards is fun too.

Animal-Kingdom-Expedition-everest-walt-disney-world-1753476-400-300.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Only been to Land, never World.
Indiana Jones is my favorite. I think more than the others it makes me feel like I'm in another environment instead of on a ride.
Second place goes to Star Tours in which I love waiting in the line as much as the actual ride.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
spaceship-earth-fastpass-brett.jpg

If Horizons or the original Journey Into Imagination were still around, those would be #1 and #2 respectively but in their stead Spaceship Earth is the closest thing. Unfortunately it's current iteration isn't as strong as past ones, but it's better than the fate that the aforementioned attractions met.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess I'd go with that Avatar ride. My favorite used to be Space Mountain, but the Avatar ride is so damn good. I've only gotten to ride it a few times during a preview event before it officially opened. Waits now are like 2 hours (no thanks!). But once I can actually get a fast pass again I'll be all over it. Worth a trip over to Disney just for that ride.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Matterhorn at Disneyland. Runner ups are OG Star Tours (not the newer version), Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones.