• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen alot of people show appreciation for s4 and s6. I'd say season 7 has dethroned s6 for me although s6 had previously been my top followed by s3.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
S7 went way too quick around the plot for my tastes. Sure it had bombastic moments, but it felt like it was going through a checklist of plot points rather than properly fleshing out.

I still think S1 and S3 are the pinnacle of the series, but S6 came darn close to it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a book reader I actually enjoyed the first season the most as I felt that retained the "feeling" of the books better than any season after that.

Oct 27, 2017
Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 6 > Season 7 > Season 5 > Season 2.

I could interchange S4 and S1 all day but I generally find Season 4 to be the high point of the series.

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to say season 1 for me. As a book reader it's the most accurate and it has Sean bean. After that I'd probably say season 3 for the red wedding

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Probably 1 or 4.

Every season has had problems (the sexposition of 1 is really terrible on rewatch/the fucking rape in season 4 is horrendous) but 1 is the most like the books, and 4 has the most high points so they stand out the most.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm re-watching the series and still on season 1, so I'm a bit biased right now, but my pick is season 1. I thought S7 was a bit too rushed, but I have to admit, I still loved it. I would rank it as 1B.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As a book reader I actually enjoyed the first season the most as I felt that retained the "feeling" of the books better than any season after that.

I feel the same way, the first season is the only one that did not feel like pulp fantasy, the atmosphere was perfectly adapted and the writing was literally lines ripped out of GRRMs text, meaning it was great..

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna go have to go with season 6.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Season 6 had a chance for me to be the best season.

But three things stopped it.

3. Gutting the Broken Man speech from the books.
2. The writing of Sansa/Jon in the later episodes.
1. The ending of Arya's plot in Braavos.

And the sad thing is all of them were easily fixable. But I just cannot get over how terrible the ending was for Arya, getting stabbed up because she decided to waltz around the city while being chased by a face changing assassin.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Season 1 is so good it's better than the actual source material. Writing, performances, set and costume design are all peak. Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

I can watch every scene from season 1 on YouTube and still relish it. Every exchange is so choice. The dialogue is so tight.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have to rewatch everything another 3-4 times after the series concludes before making my final decision. But I can say the following with confidence:

Seasons 1-4 > Season 6 and 7 > Season 5.

On a side note, I am looking forward to reading the entire series. My future final decision might change even more after I read them.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Series 4 is the best with Joffrey's wedding, Tyrion's Trial/The Viper's arc, the watchers on the wall, Tywin on the toilet and it was based on the riveting last third of the best book ASOS, and the series is a constant of satisfying climaxes. It was downhill after this series, but still great compared to everything else on TV with a few stand out episodes like Hardhome, The Door and the Winds of Winter.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Season 4. Dat Oberyn. Dat wedding. Dat Jon Snow defending Castle Black. Lots of Hound and Arya travel and the duel between The Hound and Brienne.