• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I stand with head-thunking Stormtrooper.
Ya1Yz.gif

Along with the rest of the B-squad.
ba8.gif
Knowing the classic EU, I expect Thunk Trooper to have an elaborate back story and reason he hit his head. Probably because he was having second thoughts about the Empire since his wife got killed, and eventually leads Skywalker to the exit in a off-screen scene.
Please tell me this is true.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite is Luke, but I voted for Darth Vader, since he's more enjoyable to watch overall. In the original trilogy, Han Solo was the best character to watch. Daisy Ridley is decent, but too bad Rey has no real character development, and had everything handed to her. Maybe third time's a charm?

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Sorry Rose, but your relatable awkwardness has been overcome by funny badass robot reptile asthma man for my fave in that poll.

Just love this absolute lad.
9aaaf9ac8b5a809b77ca7c07b2d7b2b0._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I came to this poll and could only imagine Solo would win by a mile. I mean like how can anyone, anyone not have wanted to be Solo as a kid? For me the greatest character in any movie series ever. Immensely cool.

I sometimes wonder what goes through people's minds.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Answer for the poll: Luke Skywalker, easily the best arc in the entirety of Star Wars and one of the few OT main characters who didn't have his character asssassinated in the newer movies.

My actual answer: Kreia, easily the best character ever written in the Star Wars universe.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I came to this poll and could only imagine Solo would win by a mile. I mean like how can anyone, anyone not have wanted to be Solo as a kid? For me the greatest character in any movie series ever. Immensely cool.

I wanted to be Princess Leia, like a ton of other girls and boys wanted.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017

Han Solo got ruined for me in his prequel movie. He always seemed like such a bad ass, then the Solo movie "revealed" that he just kinda lucked out in most dangerous situations and that all of his great accomplishments happened in the span of a single week.

His entire arc in A New Hope was also nullified by Solo when they revealed he was one of the reasons the Rebellion even could get started. So much for being a rogue who only cares about himself, but having a heroic turn of heart in the end.

Hell, his real name isn't even Han Solo.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Solo was 'old' af in my eyes when I first watched the movies. I rather wanted to be Luke.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
508411281_1280x720.jpg

I want to believe there is a little cantina wolfman in all of us .
Lak Sivrak , you were the best of us , and the only reason you are not winning is because the poll is RIGGED .

Last edited:

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your poll doesn't have Thrawn, who would've been my vote had he been included. The list sucks without him.

Oh, and no Ashoka.

Did you only ever watch the movies?

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-Episode 2 Boba Fett and Darth Maul.

20180602_n_nne_fettmaulbffs_feature.jpg

Full respect to Temuera Morrison, he's a bad ass, but I just don't see boba fett being an islander.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
from the ones on the list definitely Han with Luke and Obi Wan coming right after.
In all of Star Wars? Has to be Kyle Katarn who is pretty much Han but with Jedi Powers or Wedge

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Luke Skywalker, always.

I was six when ANH came out, he was my childhood hero.

Yep.

For me, it's because he's so relatable. When we meet him he's just like us. He has chores, he plays with his toy space ships, he whines about not being able to go out with his friends, and he dreams of a exciting adventure to take him away from his dull life.

He's also never presented as some ultra bad ass. He's a klutz whose shat on the entirety of ANH. And, even by ROTJ he's still never treated or presented as some uber-badass.

Luke Skywalker is us and I love him for that.

Nov 23, 2017
Luke Skywalker. His character arc is phenomenal to me. He went from humble guy to "F these Jedi texts" and no, I'm not being sarcastic. I loved the transformation. God, I love TLJ so much. I know people are going to get upset by that but too bad. Luke made tons of mistakes in his life that he had to live with and it's powerful for him to come to terms with that. <3

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's also never presented as some ultra bad ass.

Luke Skywalker is us and I love him for that.
This is why I love him and find the people who wanted him to be a badass or some kind of Jedi Goku (like he was in the mostly awful Expanded Universe) baffle me to no end.

Luke is a very flawed human, not a badass. And it is why he is, especially in TLJ, a great and interesting character.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost as if time passed and things changed in his life.
Can't stand POVs like the one you quoted. The expectation for characters to be static and unchanging through the years is frustrating. For crying out loud people undergo more radical changes within days, months, and fewer years in REAL LIFE.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luke Skywalker. His character arc is phenomenal to me. He went from humble guy to "F these Jedi texts" and no, I'm not being sarcastic. I loved the transformation. God, I love TLJ so much. I know people are going to get upset by that but too bad. Luke made tons of mistakes in his life that he had to live with and it's powerful for him to come to terms with that. <3

Can't stand POVs like the one you quoted. The expectation for characters to be static and unchanging through the years is frustrating. For crying out loud people undergo more radical changes within days, months, and fewer years in REAL LIFE.
In the end a lot of people can't let go of their childhoods, they can't accept change or the reality of character growth.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
The Baron Soontir Fel, easily. I like the starfighter part of Star Wars most and Fel was the best Imperial pilot out there. His story is also pretty great: Born on Corellia into a farming family, becomes an amazing Imperial pilot, gets exiled to the 181st Fighter Wing which is a laughing stock and turns it around into a well-respected wing full of capable fighters, marries Wedge's sister, becomes a Baron of the Empire, defects and becomes a good guy, and eventually his descendants serve as the heads of a new Galactic Empire for multiple generations.

Since he isn't on the poll, I'll pick Luke, but only OT Luke.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Baron Soontir Fel, easily. I like the starfighter part of Star Wars most and Fel was the best Imperial pilot out there. His story is also pretty great: Born on Corellia into a farming family, becomes an amazing Imperial pilot, gets exiled to the 181st Fighter Wing which is a laughing stock and turns it around into a well-respected wing full of capable fighters, marries Wedge's sister, becomes a Baron of the Empire, defects and becomes a good guy, and eventually his descendants serve as the heads of a new Galactic Empire for multiple generations.

Since he isn't on the poll, I'll pick Luke, but only OT Luke.
giphy.gif

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I guess I'd say Obi Wan. Really it's Galen Marek aka Starkiller but he isn't up there. The Force Unleashed games really got me into Star Wars. Everytime I say I've never seen the originals my friend wants to just cut my arm off or something.