• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Golf Story has blown me away. It came out of nowhere, from people you have never heard of, yet it's one of the single best games on Switch. I find golf absolutely boring to watch, but it can be pretty fun in game form. Golf Story nails the mechanics, making it accessible but with some depth behind it. All this is wrapped in a ridiculously charming little package, which gives you plenty of content for the low price.

What about you ERA? What's your favorite Switch game that's not Mario or Zelda?

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Splatoon 2.

Sure the single player was boring after playing Splatoon 1 but multiplayer is still fun

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the first-party stuff like Mario Kart, my favorite is definitely Puyo Puyo Tetris. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it at first as I only saw it as yet another Tetris game, but everything about it is so fun. I love the music and characters as well. It's such a solid game.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
If Mario Kart 8 counts as Mario, then I'd say Shovel Knight and Disgaea 5. Forced to pick between them, Disgaea. Phenomenal sRPG.

Azajabar

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Monk's Cafe
Splatoon, Arms and Golf Story. Also I am gonna put another 500 hours in skyrim on the go, judge me see if I care!

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Rabbids. Then, it could well end up being Skyrim. Mobile Skyrim is too good.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
ARMS and Mario Kart 8 are my favorites. I can still go back to those anytime. Splatoon 2 is also really good, but there's only so much you can do by yourself in it. I found myself constantly getting matched up against premade groups, and that ruined it for me.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It has to be Skyrim for me. Switch makes it really easy to put in the time for another playthrough, and I am thoroughly enjoying my time with it as a result. Really want to dig into the lore even more, too, and that is perfect for the handheld mode of the Switch. Good times.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I can't stop playing The Binding of Isaac. I actually wish I could tear myself away from it and focus on some of the system's other great titles. But not while there remains stuff to unlock.

Neol

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris is one of my fav games of all time so Puyo Puyo Tetris has been a big time sink on my switch.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Does Mario Kart count? If not I dont have one that isn't one or the other yet

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
Steamworld Dig 2 for sure.

After that I'd probably say Fast RMX, Blaster Master Zero, Stardew Valley, and Splatoon 2.

Oh shit wait... It's Sonic Mania. But Steamworld Dig 2 is more exclusive.

Oct 25, 2017
If M+R counts as a Mario game, my answer is Picross S.

If it doesn't, my answer is M+R. It's my personal #2 game of the year. XCOM without too many frustrating RNG deaths that feel terrible (even if the math works out) and with a clear love for the history of the Mario IP. It's a pretty joyful game in it's own right.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it's probably Mario Kart, but in addition to that I've also really liked Tumbleseed. The gameplay is super fun and the looks and sound are just lovely. HD rumble also works really well with the game.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now I would have to say Skyrim. After 6 years it's still really really good.