• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(or any vehicle i suppose)

I don't like cars and I wish I didn't need one, but there is one car that I have always loved and am now making this stealth appreciation thread for it: the blue Chevrolet Corvette C3 from Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel.

Just look at this beauty:

37-0050g2ef.png

(I know nothing about cars, so I Googled the model. It's some Corvette anyway)

I used to play this game when I was a kid before time took my dreams away, and I still remember the car fondly. It was an amazing feeling to cruise away from the Department in this bad boy after a hard day of police brutality work. I don't like cars or want one, but if I could choose one I think this is the only one I would be happy with. Plus the tires look like eyes.

Bonus picture with Sonny Bonds at the wheel:

39-0050k9w6.png

Honourable mention: Bone Wagon from Grim Fandango:

grim_fandango_1.jpg

What about you? I'm guessing the Warthog from Halo is a popular one, but not sophisticated enough for my discerning palate.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight right now, and the Batmobile is a joy to cruise around in. It's what I consider to be an ideal blend of weighty and arcade feel. Drifting and boosting are enjoyable, it tears through the environment instead of getting stuck on things, you can launch out of it at high velocity, and more. The other Batmobiles used in the challenge maps are fun too (not the original Arkham Batmobile though, that thing handles like shit).

I understand people's complaints that they found it too prevalent in the gameplay, but at least it feels good to control.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
maxresdefault.jpg

I've spent hours with many randoms back in the day trying to get this thing. Every little rumour or tip on how to get that thing.

Why did we want it so badly too? It was just a Warthog in yellow without a gun...and yet we needed it. It wasn't even POSSIBLE to get the thing without modding it in or something. You'll never understand what It was like as a kid in a group of people trying for hours just to get something that isn't real.

Fucking worth it.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
That fuckin taxi in quaratine.

Envirobear's car.

The little cars in syndicate.

And that little red jeep in that one dreams game. Edit: offroad lands

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of favourites from this game, so I'll just post the most famous of them: Jade (and later Groove) Champion's Piranha.

4Yw0pHF.png

Interstate '76, baby. Muscle cars with GUNS STRAPPED TO THEM. What's not to love?

EDIT: Runner-up goes not to a car, but to a tricycle:

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight right now, and the Batmobile is a joy to cruise around in. It's what I consider to be an ideal blend of weighty and arcade feel. Drifting and boosting are enjoyable, it tears through the environment instead of getting stuck on things, you can launch out of it at high velocity, and more. The other Batmobiles used in the challenge maps are fun too (not the original Arkham Batmobile though, that thing handles like shit).

I understand people's complaints that they found it too prevalent in the gameplay, but at least it feels good to control.
It had everything I want from open world vehicles. Maneuverability I'm tight spaces, can flip upright, can be summoned, can be dropped into from above, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
-Every car in every Sega game (Daytona, Outrun, Crazy Taxi, Sega Rally etc)
-Cars from GTA Series because they are really cool looking
-Mad Max because it givees you the ability to build your own dream mad max car
-The machines from Wipeout
-The cars in Ridge Racer 3D

Sorry but I can't choose just one. But I guess since we are in a non racing thread I will flip a coin between Mad Max and GTA so the result is Mad Max Magnum Opus.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
GTA IV's Feltzer,i used to just enjoy cruising around in it.the car was fast but not too fast and easy to control in slides around corners.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
final_fantasy_dxv-580x326.jpg

The game isn´t particular good and when I played FF15 you couldn´t even drive it yourself but damn it looks cool.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
The Batmobile from Arkham Knight. It's just a shame a lot of the gameplay Rocksteady designed around it was a chore.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Either the Mako from Mass Effect or the car that transforms into a boar from Spy Hunter.

OP
OP
John Dunbar

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of favourites from this game, so I'll just post the most famous of them: Jade (and later Groove) Champion's Piranha.

4Yw0pHF.png

Interstate '76, baby. Muscle cars with GUNS STRAPPED TO THEM. What's not to love?

i have fond memories of that game, even though i remember not caring for the actual gameplay very much. cool cars, indeed.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017

4Yw0pHF.png

Man this game really needs to be brought back from the dead. The sequel didn't capture the groove of the first game, I'd love to see a modernised remake.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
3F7MSDT.jpg

Hlil1kC.jpg

I really liked the Vespid HMI in Watch Dogs 2. Normally not a huge muscle car fan, but I really dug the way it looked, and it actually handled super well--just the right mix of slidey and controllable.